Would a naturalistic view of god be beneficial during our present animal extinction event?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Re: Would a naturalistic view of god be beneficial during our present animal extinction event?

Post by Greatest I am »

HexHammer wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:22 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:49 pm Would a naturalistic view of god be beneficial during our present animal extinction event?
Specify please.
"naturalistic view" seems very subjective and confusing since it has too wide an interpretation.
[/quote]

Instead of having some guy in the sky supernatural god, which only makes god an abstract.

I think making Gaia our highest god, given that we know that without her cooperation and our upkeep of her, could lead to our extinction.

If we venerated nature, as some ideologies do, we would just be returning to an older mind set that put the needs of people ahead of the needs of some abstract god.

Supernatural gods have no need that mankind can fill and man serving man is the only way for us to serve any god.

Man first, god second, should be our goal and mind set. If we are important to any god, then we should emulate the gods by putting man above god like Jesus did. He said he came to serve and not be served and Gaia would want to do the same but cannot if we are hampering her the way we are doing today with our wanton destruction.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Re: Would a naturalistic view of god be beneficial during our present animal extinction event?

Post by Greatest I am »

Ramu wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:28 pm
Yes there is a Yin to my Yan. First of all duality is a part of non duality
You are breaking the law of the excluded middle.

Duality is a way of thinking and so is non-duality. They are opposites and you are trying to make opposites the same.

I asked for an example of non-dualistic thinking and you have not given such and thus get a fail due to not being able to show what you are talking about and breaking a linguistic law in trying and failing to express your thinking intelligently and logically.

That is always the way when trying to show an idea based on the supernatural.

I have been in the cosmic consciousness and it is dualistic as non-dualistic cannot seem to be explained.

If you can show by example what you mean, we might have something to discuss.

Regards
DL