An act of God

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Re: An act of God

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:04 pm It's impossible to not conceptualise the non-conceptual.
I shall not waste my time trying, then.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:16 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:04 pm It's impossible to not conceptualise the non-conceptual.
I shall not waste my time trying, then.
But then you wouldn't know anything.

Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:30 pm
Knowledge is but an illusion, although I can't say I know that for sure.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:41 pm

There is no direct access to anything known, because all that is known is known by the consciousness you already are.

Any inference is second-hand knowledge, illusory since the only knowing there is - is consciousness.

Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:59 pm
There is no direct access to anything known, because all that is known is known by the consciousness you already are.
That's direct enough for me.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:54 pm
Harbal wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:43 pm
Is there a name for the concept of making it up as you go along?
Yes, it's called imagination.

Of eating then regurgitating your won sh1t.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:59 pm
Harbal wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:41 pm

Any inference is second-hand knowledge, illusory since the only knowing there is - is consciousness.
Just about everything you have said is rubbish. Mostly self defeating and in contradiction.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:21 pm Just about everything you have said is rubbish. Mostly self defeating and in contradiction.
One mans rubbish is another mans treasure. Eat the grapes and spit out the seeds.
Last edited by Dontaskme on Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:17 pm
Of eating then regurgitating your won sh1t.
The only truth available to us, that we have complete access to is our own self bias.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:26 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:21 pm Just about everything you have said is rubbish. Mostly self defeating and in contradiction.
One mans rubbish is another mans treasure. Eat the grapes and spit out the seeds.
Your grapes are sour, and you are spitting out the only thing that is worth anything; seeds of knowledge for which you have no respect.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:06 pm
Your grapes are sour, and you are spitting out the only thing that is worth anything; seeds of knowledge for which you have no respect.
With all due respect the grape is the seed. No need to keep reinventing the wheel of life, unless the desire to ride the wheel is there, which it is, else what need for knowledge? but to invent a knower. Of course knowledge is valuable, without knowledge there is no you.

Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:41 am

With all due respect the grape is the seed. No need to keep reinventing the wheel of life, unless the desire to ride the wheel is there, which it is, else what need for knowledge? but to invent a knower. Of course knowledge is valuable, without knowledge there is no you.
Your problem is that you are trying to invent a wheel but do not understand the concept of a circle.
Let me tell you a secret. Square wheels don't work, especially when adorned with the accretions of mumbo-jumbo.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:19 pm

Your problem is that you are trying to invent a wheel but do not understand the concept of a circle.
Let me tell you a secret. Square wheels don't work, especially when adorned with the accretions of mumbo-jumbo.
I have no idea what you are attempting to inform me.

And since anything I say is mumbo-jumbo to you, then is there any actual point in this discussion at all?

I'll be happy to bow out of it any time.

We only know and have access to our own self bias opinions which carry their own experiential truths.

If you don't like the smell of mine, then no one is forcing you to smell, smell your own shit.

Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:30 pm
Sculptor wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:19 pm

I have no idea what you are attempting to inform me.
Yes. And that is the nub of the problem

And since anything I say is mumbo-jumbo to you, then is there any actual point in this discussion at all?

I'll be happy to bow out of it any time.

We only know and have access to our own self bias opinions which carry their own experiential truths.

If you don't like the smell of mine, then no one is forcing you to smell, smell your own shit.
Shit is shit. But why are you trying to polish yours and dump in on the Forum?