Religious and political disunity has condemned Earth. Should we thank our religious leaders?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Religious and political disunity has condemned Earth. Should we thank our religious leaders?

Post by Greatest I am »

One needs not be a rocket scientist to recognize that it is our failure at the U.N. and other international bodies, who are working hard to unite the world politically and religiously; that is the core of our woes.

By “our” I mean the rank and file who are suffering and dying for our failing systems of political and religious governance.
We also pay heavily for our failed systems of religious and political governance. Billions upon billions of dollars wasted; especially the waste on pointless religions, in terms of law and morality.

If the world does not unify or allow the next few years to exacerbate and hasten the demise of Earth; this generation shows how vile it is as a species.

Individually, people are fantastic. As Jesus said, you got to love them all.

Without leadership, we are deadly. Earth needs a, --- Captain Jesus, --- and decent candidates are not being recognized. Strange, given that Jesus’ moral tenets mostly aren’t, and secular law has already made his love as law ideology fail.

I can remember 30 odd years ago looking at statistics and trying to project the future. I thought people would get worse over time. But the reverse has proven itself to be true. I thought the world would unify. But again I have been proven wrong due to our tolerance of religious and political con men.

Religious leaders in particular, as well as their slaved sheeple, --- that is you if you are religious, --- claim to have moral superiority granted to them by their, so called good gods.

All you religious are the vast majority; so why are you screwing up our world?

The world has had enough of your religious arguments, when you bother making them; which is seldom.

Not surprising that, given your inability to do good apologetics for your vile gods, and your propensity to use inquisition and jihad methods to make the points you cannot do mentally, intellectually or rationally.

Your religious violence and lack of tolerance has wounded the world and you do not care enough for your fellow man and children to leave them a place cleaner and better than what you found.

We are presently spending many trillions world-wide on our various forms of governance.
Our religious governance is not serving us well in areas where it says it excels.

Religions are in fact harmful to society as a whole. I can say that while recognizing that it had many uses in the past and that without it we would not be as advanced as we are.

I think we should cut our losses and divert those gains to the environment. I think we can and should scrap religions and proceed to do the better thing and use politics as our only law. It has earned it.

Your thoughts?

Regards
DL
Immanuel Can

Re: Religious and political disunity has condemned Earth. Should we thank our religious leaders?

Post by Immanuel Can »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:44 pm Religious and political disunity has condemned Earth. Should we thank our religious leaders?
The World's War Dead:

Less than 8% in "religious" wars, including all religions of all kinds. Half by Islam. The other half, every other religion -- Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, Catholicism...combined. Some religions have caused zero war dead: Hassidim, Quakers, the Bahai...

What a bizarre question. It would be like "thanking" the Amish for technology.
Greatest I am

Re: Religious and political disunity has condemned Earth. Should we thank our religious leaders?

Post by Greatest I am »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:25 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:44 pm Religious and political disunity has condemned Earth. Should we thank our religious leaders?
The World's War Dead:

Less than 8% in "religious" wars, including all religions of all kinds. Half by Islam. The other half, every other religion -- Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, Catholicism...combined. Some religions have caused zero war dead: Hassidim, Quakers, the Bahai...

What a bizarre question. It would be like "thanking" the Amish for technology.
The vast majority for the last 5,000 years have been the religious but if you wish to ignore that and think that a small minority of non-believers manipulated the religious into wars, go ahead.

Regards
DL
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:51 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:25 pm What a bizarre question. It would be like "thanking" the Amish for technology.
The vast majority for the last 5,000 years have been the religious
They have. But that's different from saying that their being religious caused wars.

Wars have been fought for territory, for language, for economics, for trade advantage, for resources, for ethnicity, for pride, for water, for women, for gold, for racism, for show, out of fear, out of hunger, out of rage, out of spite, out of tradition, out of competition, and just about every other motive one can think of -- none of which are specifically "religious," whether or not lands in which the wars were fought were "religious".

Meanwhile, secular ideologues killed over 148 million in the last century alone. Conveniently, you ignore that, and go with the old myth, "Wars are religious events."

So who's hiding from the facts?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:12 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:51 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:25 pm What a bizarre question. It would be like "thanking" the Amish for technology.
The vast majority for the last 5,000 years have been the religious
They have. But that's different from saying that their being religious caused wars.

Wars have been fought for territory, for language, for economics, for trade advantage, for resources, for ethnicity, for pride, for water, for women, for gold, for racism, for show, out of fear, out of hunger, out of rage, out of spite, out of tradition, out of competition, and just about every other motive one can think of -- none of which are specifically "religious," whether or not lands in which the wars were fought were "religious".

Meanwhile, secular ideologues killed over 148 million in the last century alone. Conveniently, you ignore that, and go with the old myth, "Wars are religious events."

So who's hiding from the facts?
You are, given, for example, that Hitler's bank was the Vatican.

You also look only at the last few hundred years while ignoring 4,500 of the previous bloody history that religions have gifted us with.

Regards
DL
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:49 pm You are, given, for example, that Hitler's bank was the Vatican.
Nobody's defending that. But even so, the Vatican didn't cause WWII.
You also look only at the last few hundred years while ignoring 4,500 of the previous bloody history that religions have gifted us with.
Hogwash.

The motives I listed for you describe not just modern wars but all the ancient ones as well. I can go over them one by one, if you like. To fight over religion, apart from Islam, is statistically rare. It happens, but not often. And my sources in confirming that are all secular, by the way.

What emerges from impartial sources is that any fair accounting, "religion "is, at best, a tiny, fractional cause of wars. On the other hand, in the last century alone, Atheist ideologues have killed far more human beings than in all the wars in all the previous history combined.

Did you want to send them a "thank you" too?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:56 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:49 pm You are, given, for example, that Hitler's bank was the Vatican.
Nobody's defending that. But even so, the Vatican didn't cause WWII.
Hogwash.

The motives I listed for you describe not just modern wars but all the ancient ones as well. I can go over them one by one, if you like. To fight over religion, apart from Islam, is statistically rare. It happens, but not often. And my sources in confirming that are all secular, by the way.

What emerges from impartial sources is that any fair accounting, "religion "is, at best, a tiny, fractional cause of wars. On the other hand, in the last century alone, Atheist ideologues have killed far more human beings than in all the wars in all the previous history combined.

When did atheists go from war starters to the most statistically peaceful and law abiding ideology on the planet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdtwTeBPYQA

You say your sources are secular. Mine are more religious and the religious know themselves better than most do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxoxPapPxXk

I also have some secular authors I respect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIQynsWpBpQ

Past history is just that and it is the present and future I prefer to dwell on.

We are presently enjoying low level jihads and inquisitions against gays and women by religions who refuse to give them full equality. Both Christianity and Islam have maintained their divisive ways and discrimination without a just cause.

Do you see that as a positive or negative for our human moral progress?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:56 pm
I was clear about both the religious and political systems letting us down. Governments are necessary but religions are now redundant in terms of law and morality and should be scraped for just a single better secular way.

Regards
DL
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:15 pm When did atheists go from war starters to the most statistically peaceful and law abiding ideology on the planet?
Never. Look at Cuba or Venezuela, at North Korea or China, and you'll see some of their recent work.
We are presently enjoying low level jihads and inquisitions against gays and women...
Where do you live? Mars? It's certainly not Europe. And it sure as shooting can't be the Middle East.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:19 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:15 pm When did atheists go from war starters to the most statistically peaceful and law abiding ideology on the planet?
Never. Look at Cuba or Venezuela, at North Korea or China, and you'll see some of their recent work.
We are presently enjoying low level jihads and inquisitions against gays and women...
Where do you live? Mars? It's certainly not Europe. And it sure as shooting can't be the Middle East.
I should have put the a sarcasm in there but I thought the word enjoying with jihad would do.

As to who is more peaceful ----- it is not the religious nations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdtwTeBPYQA

Regards
DL