"Free will was given to man by god."

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 6465
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: "If someone believes there is a God, then he/she is compelled to obey in fear of punishment."

Post by Immanuel Can » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:02 pm

henry quirk wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:53 pm
I'm a deist. My god has issued no marching orders, so there's nuthin' for me to obey, and no deific punishment to fear.

There, some tobacco for you to put in your pipe.
Don't tell AV. She'll have a fit. :wink:

User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 5163
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: "If someone believes there is a God, then he/she is compelled to obey in fear of punishment."

Post by henry quirk » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:24 pm

Immanuel Can wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:02 pm
henry quirk wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:53 pm
I'm a deist. My god has issued no marching orders, so there's nuthin' for me to obey, and no deific punishment to fear.

There, some tobacco for you to put in your pipe.
Don't tell AV. She'll have a fit. :wink:
She can seize up as she likes: I don't care ('oh, henry, the death fear has you by the testicles!') :thumbsdown:

BardoXV
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:29 pm

Re: "If someone believes there is a God, then he/she is compelled to obey in fear of punishment."

Post by BardoXV » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:48 pm

Immanuel Can wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:02 pm
henry quirk wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:53 pm
I'm a deist. My god has issued no marching orders, so there's nuthin' for me to obey, and no deific punishment to fear.

There, some tobacco for you to put in your pipe.
Don't tell AV. She'll have a fit. :wink:
AV believes and posts a lot of things that most people don't really think about.

User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 6465
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: "If someone believes there is a God, then he/she is compelled to obey in fear of punishment."

Post by Immanuel Can » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:54 pm

BardoXV wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:48 pm
Immanuel Can wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:02 pm
henry quirk wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:53 pm
I'm a deist. My god has issued no marching orders, so there's nuthin' for me to obey, and no deific punishment to fear.

There, some tobacco for you to put in your pipe.
Don't tell AV. She'll have a fit. :wink:
AV believes and posts a lot of things that most people don't really think about.
There are good reasons why they "don't really think" about them. She's wrong...obviously, verifiably, repeatedly, wrong by personal account and by statistics, wrong in every reasonable metric, really -- but disinclined to recognize it. And on the issue of fear being the primary motive, she obviously is so possessed by her belief that she can't be talked out of it with any facts at all.

So at that point, there is really not much to be "thought about." She has nothing new, nothing credible, and nothing remotely plausible to offer that has not been debunked already. She's circling the drain, hanging on to her theory.

BardoXV
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:29 pm

Re: "Free will was given to man by god."

Post by BardoXV » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:06 am

So AV is the same as a YEC and a flat Earther combined.

User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 6465
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: "Free will was given to man by god."

Post by Immanuel Can » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:40 pm

BardoXV wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:06 am
So AV is the same as a YEC and a flat Earther combined.
Well, in regard to her "fear" theory, she's utterly unshakeable in her belief, despite abundant evidence to the contrary. So I guess so.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests