Does Jesus/Yahweh love us or is he stalking us?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

roydop

Re: Does Jesus/Yahweh love us or is he stalking us?

Post by roydop »

I disagree that mind (thoughts) leads to treasure.

Mind is the source of delusion/illusion.

My Satguru Ramana Maharshi spoke of remaining in the heart and not "going out" in awareness into thought and sensations.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

roydop wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:49 am I disagree that mind (thoughts) leads to treasure.

My Satguru Ramana Maharshi spoke of remaining in the heart and not "going out" in awareness into thought and sensations.
A nice place to visit for a mental rest but not a nice place to live.

But hey, if you want to be a thoughtless vegetable without awareness or thought, pay some brain surgeon to just snip in a few places and you can have your wish.

I think you might be misinterpreting what your guru was saying as he could not have been there and also saying what you put.

Regards
DL
roydop

Post by roydop »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:19 pm
roydop wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:49 am I disagree that mind (thoughts) leads to treasure.

But hey, if you want to be a thoughtless vegetable without awareness or thought, pay some brain surgeon to just snip in a few places and you can have your wish.

I think you might be misinterpreting what your guru was saying as he could not have been there and also saying what you put.

Regards
DL
Spoken by consciousness that has not experienced effortless thought (no interior monologue) free Awareness.

What is being referred to is the transcenence of thought. Consciousness that has not yet taken the evolutionary step beyond the internal monologue will choose a lower form of self Awareness as it's frame of reference.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

roydop wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:58 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:19 pm

Regards
DL
Spoken by consciousness that has not experienced effortless thought (no interior monologue) free Awareness.

What is being referred to is the transcenence of thought. Consciousness that has not yet taken the evolutionary step beyond the internal monologue will choose a lower form of self Awareness as it's frame of reference.
You said thoughtless. Not effortless thought.

Make up your mind.

Regards
DL
roydop

Post by roydop »

I said "effortless thought (no interior monologue) free Awareness."
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

roydop wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:02 pm I said "effortless thought (no interior monologue) free Awareness."
Awareness is interior dialog as it requires the mind to recognize that awareness.

Her is how Gnostic Christian Jesus terms that vision. Perhaps you will understand my position more if you know it.

Gnostic Jesus was questioned as to what sees the vision?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline ... /mary.html

The Saviour answered and said, 'He does not see through the soul nor through the spirit, but the mind which [is] between the two - that is [what] sees the vision...'

For where the mind is, there is the treasure.

Christianity does not quite agree, wording wise, with us.

Matthew 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

The treasure is in you and all you know enters you through your mind and consciousness. The mind is more of where the treasure is than the heart.

Regards
DL
seeds

Post by seeds »

roydop wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:49 am My Satguru Ramana Maharshi spoke of remaining in the heart and not "going out" in awareness into thought and sensations.
And apparently there were times when he felt that “going out” (like everybody else) to acquire food to keep his body alive was too much of a hindrance to his spiritual goals.

According to Wiki:
Wiki wrote: On arriving in Tiruvannamalai, Maharshi went to the temple of Arunachaleswara. The first few weeks he spent in the thousand-pillared hall, then shifted to other spots in the temple, and eventually to the Patala-lingam vault so that he might remain undisturbed. There, he spent days absorbed in such deep samādhi that he was unaware of the bites of vermin and pests. Seshadri Swamigal, a local saint, discovered him in the underground vault and tried to protect him. After about six weeks in the Patala-lingam, he was carried out and cleaned up. For the next two months he stayed in the Subramanya Shrine, so unaware of his body and surroundings that food had to be placed in his mouth or he would have starved.
I suggest that anyone who purposely enters into a state of mind that requires others to obtain** and shove food into their mouth to keep them from dying from starvation, is developing a completely impractical way of life.

**(Usually by begging for alms.)

In which case, how could that be a universally applicable way for humanity to conduct itself when, indeed, somebody (as in almost everybody) needs to go out into the awareness of the “thought and sensations” that are necessary for earning their keep?

The point is that if everyone on earth adopted the “Ramana model” wherein all they did was sit around in their underwear and offer vague and impractical advice such as that which you are attributing to Ramana above, then nothing would get done, and the gears of our societies would soon come to a screeching halt.
_______
roydop

Post by roydop »

seeds wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 2:42 am
roydop wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:49 am My Satguru Ramana Maharshi spoke of remaining in the heart and not "going out" in awareness into thought and sensations.
And apparently there were times when he felt that “going out” (like everybody else) to acquire food to keep his body alive was too much of a hindrance to his spiritual goals.

According to Wiki:
Wiki wrote: On arriving in Tiruvannamalai, Maharshi went to the temple of Arunachaleswara. The first few weeks he spent in the thousand-pillared hall, then shifted to other spots in the temple, and eventually to the Patala-lingam vault so that he might remain undisturbed. There, he spent days absorbed in such deep samādhi that he was unaware of the bites of vermin and pests. Seshadri Swamigal, a local saint, discovered him in the underground vault and tried to protect him. After about six weeks in the Patala-lingam, he was carried out and cleaned up. For the next two months he stayed in the Subramanya Shrine, so unaware of his body and surroundings that food had to be placed in his mouth or he would have starved.
I suggest that anyone who purposely enters into a state of mind that requires others to obtain** and shove food into their mouth to keep them from dying from starvation, is developing a completely impractical way of life.

**(Usually by begging for alms.)

In which case, how could that be a universally applicable way for humanity to conduct itself when, indeed, somebody (as in almost everybody) needs to go out into the awareness of the “thought and sensations” that are necessary for earning their keep?

The point is that if everyone on earth adopted the “Ramana model” wherein all they did was sit around in their underwear and offer vague and impractical advice such as that which you are attributing to Ramana above, then nothing would get done, and the gears of our societies would soon come to a screeching halt.
_______
Yes. And the species would go extinct, peacefully, in utter contentment.

Contrast that with how we're really going to go extinct (yes we are in the beginning stages of our extinction).
seeds

Post by seeds »

seeds wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 2:42 am The point is that if everyone on earth adopted the “Ramana model” wherein all they did was sit around in their underwear and offer vague and impractical advice such as that which you are attributing to Ramana above, then nothing would get done, and the gears of our societies would soon come to a screeching halt.
roydop wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 12:08 am Yes. And the species would go extinct, peacefully, in utter contentment.

Contrast that with how we're really going to go extinct (yes we are in the beginning stages of our extinction).
In the spirit of not derailing Greatest I am’s thread, I have taken the liberty of transferring our conversation to a new thread titled: “Why the Ramana Maharshi model for humanity is flawed.”

Here’s the link: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26590
_______
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greatest I am wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:23 am Does Jesus/Yahweh love us or is he stalking us?
YHWH only loves those that love him. refer to the OT.

not sure of Christian's view, (nor care - suspect it is "kick me while i'm down and i'll still love you" ) of their Christ, Jesus was a Jew and affirmed the OT of YHWH.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

gaffo wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:55 am
Greatest I am wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:23 am Does Jesus/Yahweh love us or is he stalking us?

not sure of Christian's view, (nor care - suspect it is "kick me while i'm down and i'll still love you" ) of their Christ, Jesus was a Jew and affirmed the OT of YHWH.
So stalking. A proper discernment.

Regards
DL
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greatest I am wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:35 pm

So stalking. A proper discernment.

Regards
DL
if you say so.
BlackChristianMind

Post by BlackChristianMind »

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household." - Matthew 10:34-36.

"Our skin was black like an oven because of the terrible famine." - Lamentations 5:10
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

BlackChristianMind wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:02 am

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household." - Matthew 10:34-36.

"Our skin was black like an oven because of the terrible famine." - Lamentations 5:10
Greetings new guy.
I am the resident Gnostic Christian.

Jesus talking.
Luke 19:27 - “But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.”

Regards
DL
BlackChristianMind

Post by BlackChristianMind »

Greatest I am wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:44 pm
BlackChristianMind wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:02 am

Greetings new guy.
I am the resident Gnostic Christian.

Jesus talking.
Luke 19:27 - “But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.”

Regards
DL
Thank you for the welcome. I am a Bible-believing follower of Christ. "Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." - John 8:12 If Jesus is the light, the truth, then any person who rejects him is rejecting truth and goodness. That person is instead choosing to embrace evil, darkness, error. That type of person would make any place in which they existed hell because they would continually live in error and teach others error. When you know you have the truth and people reject you, they must be cast out of any place that would be called heaven because they would turn it into hell. Look at how much false information and error is in the earth today.