Would it be possible to have a conversation regarding the toleration of pussy grabbing presidents and pedophile protecti

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

"Yours paints by numbers always keeping within the old boundaries to be safe."

Post by henry quirk »

Nope: I free hand it, and my work is always about 'me'.
Walker

Re: Would it be possible to have a conversation regarding the toleration of pussy grabbing presidents and pedophile prot

Post by Walker »

Belinda wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:23 am Walker wrote:
Sorry, too much time wasted giving cause to squelch squeals and writing on water. Manual labor calls.
But that is an example of those passive aggressive apologies that you derided!
To say the way things are does not equate to deride.
Thus, the resolution of your contradiction.

One can either be hoisted by a petard , or one can hoist with a petard.

That’s petard, not retard, although I suppose …

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoist_with_his_own_petard
Belinda

Re: "Yours paints by numbers always keeping within the old boundaries to be safe."

Post by Belinda »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:42 pm Nope: I free hand it, and my work is always about 'me'.
But you don't cease at your skin. The food you will eat and the water you will drink are outside of that boundary.
Walker

Re: Sanctuary! Sanctuary!

Post by Walker »

Example:

President Trump is hoisting the Left by its own petard, right here in this link.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/trump-trol ... ry-cities/
Walker

Re: "Yours paints by numbers always keeping within the old boundaries to be safe."

Post by Walker »

Sanctuary ... Echoes of Charles Laughton.

Shakespeare lifts his end of the bell curve, and at the opposing circumference point farthest away weighs heavy all those who hold the bell fast to earth, so only under certain conditions can Bill the Bard tilt the clapper to the metal, seeing as how he scribed principles that transcend time. What if he actually was a committee *, as some say the next Buddha will be, unbound by any one form, held to earth only by self-cherishing?

Methinks Trump will never be a Lear, not with that family, but you never know.

* As I recall, that's even been said on this very forum.

:D
Greatest I am

Re: Would it be possible to have a conversation regarding the toleration of pussy grabbing presidents and pedophile prot

Post by Greatest I am »

Belinda wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:27 am The Trump phenomenon in the USA has the same roots as the far-right phenomena in Europe.

Many people are anxious and for good reason. Some anxious people fall for the idea of a strong leader who will tell them what to do without the need for realistic thinking , or democracy, or even patriotism.

There is reason for anxiety. The world is in a turmoil never before encountered. The former overlords, the white skinned from northern Europe,have largely been unable to understand that they are not the overlords now; Brexiteers include many of this noisy contingent.

The white skinned people include a substantial number especially in the USA who want a charismatic leader of their faction who will bring solidarity to their somewhat disorganised, vociferous, and ill-informed members. It matter not a lot to the extreme right that a leader is what traditional patriots would call eccentric or even criminal.
Well put.

It is definitely all about the insecurity of the right wing whites who see what Muslims are doing in the E.U.

Regards
DL