Who has more control of our thinking; God or Satan?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: Who has more control of our thinking; God or Satan?

Post by attofishpi »

Greatest I am wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:34 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:19 am
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:38 pm

How is that done exactly and what of our free will and the heavenly law of not interfering in another's free will?

Regards
DL
God has ultimate control over all matter that we perceive and all matter that we perceive with (our brains).
'It' doesn't continuously control everything within our reality and our brains, but if and when 'it' wants to, it can, and does.
Really. You have evidence of this do you?
Such a thing would happen in your mind.

Tell us what god, which you describe as an it did to you and not anyone else.

Regards
DL
Sure but only after you and the rest of the 'us' suck my hairy balls. Earn it you simple fuck, like i did. But ultimately I don't think 'it' gives a figtree about shallow simpletons that can't figure it out.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

-1- wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:02 am
Dubious wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:40 am
Greta wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:41 am I'm thinking that we have two possibilities to ease away from Iron Age language:

1. God might be order and Satan, chaos.

However, since total order is stasis and, as far as we're concerned, stasis is not all that great, then.

2. God is a productive balance of order and chaos while Satan is imbalance - the extremes, being too wild or too controlled.
As a metaphor this makes a lot more sense than believing the actual story. Ancient narratives and beliefs are much more valuable to the present when interpreted rather than believed in since the psychology which created those stories hasn't changed. We are still enthralled by super-humans and gods.
Yeah, interpreted... there are a thousand and one differtent interpretations to every so-called metaphor. Which means that the whole thing is shmafu. When they first wrote the Word, people believed it at face value. Now we can't, in face of enormous amounts of evidence that render the stories meaningless. But some still want to believe the stories... so they "interpret" them.

That's about the size of it.
There seems to be a contradiction here. If the stories are believed as written they wouldn’t require metaphors to interpret or enhance them. They would be accepted as you say “at face value”. Metaphors allow a story an extra external perspective which is not contained in the belief itself. A story, considered literally, wouldn’t need any of it and most likely be regarded as a pollutant. It stands as written regardless of verity. Metaphors are not usually allowed in a belief system and when applied invariably amounts to a single-minded heresy.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

-1- wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:42 am
gaffo wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:44 am assuming your God is good, then his evil creation, and evil itself must offer a higher good, not understandable by men.

or your God is just evil.

or a little of both.

I don't belevie in your God so not able to know his nature for your.
You don't have to believe in the God of the Bible to know his nature.

He spake of his own nature Himself.

He said, first person singular, referring to himself, this:

"I'm a mean and jealous god."

Religious people have been working overtime in all ages of humankind (Christian era) to negate the obvious. And to negate God's own words. "NO, god, you are not mean and jealous. You are good, you are infinitely good." What rubbish. If you, the religious, don't believe your own God when he says something, then you are committing blasphemy! You ought to be burnt at the stakes for saying "god is infintely good". He Himself says He ain't! Who tf are you to argue with a straightforward and unambiguous self-description given by God Himself?
yes, and of course there must be more than one God, since if only one, what is He jealous of?
Greta

Post by Greta »

-1-, I agree to disagree.
Dubious wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:40 am
Greta wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:41 am I'm thinking that we have two possibilities to ease away from Iron Age language:

1. God might be order and Satan, chaos.

However, since total order is stasis and, as far as we're concerned, stasis is not all that great, then.

2. God is a productive balance of order and chaos while Satan is imbalance - the extremes, being too wild or too controlled.
As a metaphor this makes a lot more sense than believing the actual story. Ancient narratives and beliefs are much more valuable to the present when interpreted rather than believed in since the psychology which created those stories hasn't changed. We are still enthralled by super-humans and gods.
Yes, it reflects our primal fears. I am a fan of retro sci fi movies (the sillier the better) and you constantly see features of the wild that would have scared the bejesus out of our ancestors. That's Satan - the one who causes all the bad things to happen - the storms and floods and fires and earthquakes, predators and, of course, violent damaged humans who are immune to reason and technology run amok.

Yes, it makes more sense to try to understand what the ancients were really trying to say. It surprises me that modern people take ancient metaphors literally. Metaphor was how people described phenomena before science, eg. the creation passages of Genesis are clearly just a description of the evolutionary process.

Funny old world.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

gaffo wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:15 am
-1- wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:42 am
gaffo wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:44 am assuming your God is good, then his evil creation, and evil itself must offer a higher good, not understandable by men.

or your God is just evil.

or a little of both.

I don't belevie in your God so not able to know his nature for your.
You don't have to believe in the God of the Bible to know his nature.

He spake of his own nature Himself.

He said, first person singular, referring to himself, this:

"I'm a mean and jealous god."

Religious people have been working overtime in all ages of humankind (Christian era) to negate the obvious. And to negate God's own words. "NO, god, you are not mean and jealous. You are good, you are infinitely good." What rubbish. If you, the religious, don't believe your own God when he says something, then you are committing blasphemy! You ought to be burnt at the stakes for saying "god is infintely good". He Himself says He ain't! Who tf are you to argue with a straightforward and unambiguous self-description given by God Himself?
yes, and of course there must be more than one God, since if only one, what is He jealous of?
IF I was 'God' and formed a reality where there was a planet Earth - and humans, with enough intelligence to comprehend it - reality. I would also state that I AM JEALOUS. That all these intelligence beings -they have all that I have offered - indeed their very existence - without suffering from whence I came.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:02 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:19 am

God has ultimate control over all matter that we perceive and all matter that we perceive with (our brains).
'It' doesn't continuously control everything within our reality and our brains, but if and when 'it' wants to, it can, and does.

Regards
DL
Sure but only after you and the rest of the 'us' suck my hairy balls. Earn it you simple fuck, like i did. But ultimately I don't think 'it' gives a figtree about shallow simpletons that can't figure it out.
As expected. Thanks.

Regards
DL
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:56 pm

Regards
DL
As expected. Thanks.

Regards
DL
Oh you are so very welcome.
Start a stupid thread with a stupid question as you always do...get a 'suck my hairy balls' response and fuck off back to whatever shallow depths of comprehension your feeble mind has evolved from.
-1-

Post by -1- »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:22 am

As expected. Thanks.

Regards
DL
Start a stupid thread with a stupid question as you always do...get a 'suck my hairy balls' response and fuck off back to whatever shallow depths of comprehension your feeble mind has evolved from.
Hallucinations... delusions of grandeur... getting special and personalized messages from God Itself... anger-management problems... having met God personally...

You're ripe and ready to blow up the Taj Mahal or Vancouver Island.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

"I am a jealous God" does not necessarily refer to other gods, but may refer to anything that diverts ones attention from the focus on God's will, things like money, power and influence.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

thedoc wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:32 pm "I am a jealous God" does not necessarily refer to other gods, but may refer to anything that diverts ones attention from the focus on God's will, things like money, power and influence.
IOW, give me everything and I will keep your insecurities satisfied.
It will only cost you your freedom of thought and actions, which is a slave status.

Yahweh says obey. Allah says submit. Both are slave wanting gods and ideologies.

Regards
DL
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

thedoc wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:32 pm "I am a jealous God" does not necessarily refer to other gods, but may refer to anything that diverts ones attention from the focus on God's will, things like money, power and influence.
that is the modern conventional thinking, but the Torah was written when Judiasm was polytheistic, so my perspective is the correct one IMO.

Judaism did not become monotheistic until the return from the 2nd exile in 517? BC. when Ezra/Zarrababal/Zachariah mandated the new reformed Judiasm along with mandatory divorce between jews and non-jews and the building of the 2nd temple.

Book of Jonah was written shortly after to refute the trible views of Ezra. but most christians have no understanding of that work sadly.

Judaism had many gods in antiquity, Baal was (is?) YHWH's brother, El was (is?) both's dad, Ashira was (is?)YHWH's wife, Mot (god of death was one of the Cananite Panteon along with Baal and YHWH and EL - Jews affirmed Cananite's gods prior to 2nd exile). and Tammus was the "Crop god".
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

-1- wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:11 pm
attofishpi wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:22 am
As expected. Thanks.

Regards
DL
Hallucinations... delusions of grandeur... getting special and personalized messages from God Itself... anger-management problems... having met God personally...
PROVE all the above, as addressed below:-
- i've never hallucinated
- i've never had delusions of 'grandeur'
- ok, I've had messages from God\'God' and a sage.
- yes I get angry with stupid threads such as this one (and stupid people like you)
- i've never met God.
-1- wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:11 pmYou're ripe and ready to blow up the Taj Mahal or Vancouver Island.
...and yet you think I am deluded! Where FFS are you getting that the Taj Mahal and Vancouver Island would be my targets?