Who has more control of our thinking; God or Satan?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNcRXeCzpno

I don’t know what God or Satan’s game is, but God giving Satan dominion over our political/physical realm as well as the power to deceive our spiritual/religious realm in us all seems counterintuitive to what a good God would do.

It seems like God is giving Satan the advantage, in terms of our ability to think without deception or Satan’s undo interference.

Rev12;9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent,

called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Why did God curse us with Satan and her minions?

It cannot be to give us free will as none of us have the free will to never sin. If we did have that, we would have some examples of
people who never sinned.

On another tangent, scriptures say that God himself put’s lies/deception into his prophets and that he decides who will have faith or not by his doling out grace only to those he has pre-selected and thus denies other the ability to have faith or belief.

This biblical contradiction, strangely, refutes all that I put above on Satan. Can Christians clear up this contradiction?

Regards
DL
commonsense

Re: Who has more control of our thinking; God or Satan?

Post by commonsense »

To humans, God’s plan is unfathomable and Satan’s is deceitful. Couldn’t the contradiction be resolved beyond our ken?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

commonsense wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:56 pm To humans, God’s plan is unfathomable and Satan’s is deceitful. Couldn’t the contradiction be resolved beyond our ken?
To Christian sheeple, not thinking humans.

Where is Satan ever shown as lying or being deceitful?

I have 4 or 5 quotes on God lying but not a one on Satan lying.

Regards
DL
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:05 pm
commonsense wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:56 pm To humans, God’s plan is unfathomable and Satan’s is deceitful. Couldn’t the contradiction be resolved beyond our ken?

Regards
DL
Good points on lying. Are you meaning to say that to thinking humans God’s plan is fathomable?
bahman

Post by bahman »

Regards
DL
Could you please share the quotes?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

commonsense wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:20 am

Regards
DL
Good points on lying. Are you meaning to say that to thinking humans God’s plan is fathomable?
Thanks.

I cannot evaluate a plan I have not seen.

From what is written though about it, I can say that nature plans better. Not that nature is sentient or can plan, but the execution is better than what scriptures offer.

Scriptures say that many are called but few hear it and that most will take the wide road to hell while only the few will find heaven from their narrow path.

It is demonstrable that nature creates for the best possible end of all organisms while God does not.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

bahman wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:40 pm

Regards
DL
Could you please share the quotes?
Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee. 1Kings 22:23

Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets. 2 Chron 18:22

Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people. Jer 4:10

And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet. Ezekiel 14:9

For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie. Thessalonians 2:11

O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived. - Jeremiah 20:7

To me, God’s worse lie was to Adam and Eve. He told them they could eat of the tree of life and then reneged and in a real sense murdered them by denying them a remedy.

That pesky God sure works in mysterious ways.

Regards
DL
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Satan by far. The whole world has descended into chaos, pollution, global warming, corruption, murder, war, famine, etc!
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

HexHammer wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:51 pm Satan by far. The whole world has descended into chaos, pollution, global warming, corruption, murder, war, famine, etc!
Hmm. Yet most markers for evil, if you look at the stats world wide, wit the U.S. being the exception to some of the trends, are at the best levels per capita than we have ever enjoyed, including crime, murder, death in wars, slavery and economics which speak to famine and the overall health and longevity of the poorest.

Satan, if you are correct, seems to be working quite actively to make us look a lot better.

True that global climate change and pollution are likely to slow our progress but I do not think those will reverse the trends.

Regards
DL
bahman

Post by bahman »

Do Catholics aware of these Quotes? Jesus claimed that He is the way to Truth.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

He lures people into his grasp by first gaining their trust then slam shut the trap when they are in to deep.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

bahman wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:24 am Do Catholics aware of these Quotes? Jesus claimed that He is the way to Truth.
I don't know how many have read the bible. I would say few.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

HexHammer wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:29 pm He lures people into his grasp by first gaining their trust then slam shut the trap when they are in to deep.
Indeed. All religions are con games.

Regards
DL
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:46 pm(paraphrased) are god's plan on schedule
Yes ofc that's why you can look it up in various scriptures[/quote]Tribulations (war in middle east)
The tribulations of those days will be cut short for the sake of the elect (there are peace talks throughout the entire middle east but Iran, so it will be cut short, and the elect is terminal ill.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

HexHammer wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:57 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:46 pm(paraphrased) are god's plan on schedule
Yes ofc that's why you can look it up in various scriptures
Tribulations (war in middle east)
The tribulations of those days will be cut short for the sake of the elect (there are peace talks throughout the entire middle east but Iran, so it will be cut short, and the elect is terminal ill.
[/quote]

I agree that theists who are stuck in the supernatural are sick.

Regards
DL