Who has more control of our thinking; God or Satan?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dubious

Re: Who has more control of our thinking; God or Satan?

Post by Dubious »

Greatest I am wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:20 pm
Dubious wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:18 am
Greatest I am wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:16 pm
I see all things as controllable.
In theory yes, at least a lot of it but have humans ever been that rational or have they instead waited for catastrophes to happen and THEN decide to control it. There's an extreme probability that we'll be responsible for events we can no-longer control precursors of which are already happening.

It's useless to view things as controllable when they aren't being controlled.
I think it more useless to think we have no control of what we do, as we do it.

Regards
DL
If you don't know what to say the best way out is to say something incomprehensible.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Dubious wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:48 pm
Dubious wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:18 am

In theory yes, at least a lot of it but have humans ever been that rational or have they instead waited for catastrophes to happen and THEN decide to control it. There's an extreme probability that we'll be responsible for events we can no-longer control precursors of which are already happening.

It's useless to view things as controllable when they aren't being controlled.

Regards
DL
If you don't know what to say the best way out is to say something incomprehensible.
Or to say one cannot understand English.

Regards
DL
-1-

Post by -1- »

Greatest I am wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:36 am

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
Or to say that the crux of the problem lies outside of the crux.

Or to say that the solution to a problem requires an inverse magnification of the root problem's infra-vectors.

------------------------- s ---------------------------------

Or to say that what some opposing argumenter said was convoluted and without meaning.

Or to say that what some opposing argumenter said was convoluted and void of meaning, is the fault of the claimant, by being a lesser person.

Or to say that empty ad hominem attacks can destroy an argument in its most developed form of stalemate.

Or to say that a stalemate has been reached because both argumenters oppose the other's idea, but have no irrefutable argument to defeat it.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
...which depends on how well one writes it.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Dubious wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:11 am

Regards
DL
I can write legibly in three languages. My mother tongue, French, English and Franglais.

How many can you do?

Regards
DL
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Greatest I am wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:03 pm

Regards
DL
I can write legibly in three languages. My mother tongue, French, English and Franglais.

How many can you do?

Regards
DL
I've known people since childhood who speak in 5 or 6 languages who were low-life idiots. If you think knowing a couple of languages endows you with some kind of mental superiority all I can say is (to remain polite) think again!
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Dubious wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:38 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:03 pm

How many can you do?

Regards
DL
I've known people since childhood who speak in 5 or 6 languages who were low-life idiots. If you think knowing a couple of languages endows you with some kind of mental superiority all I can say is (to remain polite) think again!
Who indicated mental superiority? Not I.
Communication was the issue. Not I.Q.
Comprehension may not be your forte.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Greatest I am wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:25 pm
Comprehension may not be your forte.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
We may have something in common after all! :lol:
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:47 pm
gaffo wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:44 am
Greatest I am wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:55 pm Who has more control of our thinking; God or Satan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNcRXeCzpno

I don’t know what God or Satan’s game is, but God giving Satan dominion over our political/physical realm as well as the power to deceive our spiritual/religious realm in us all seems counterintuitive to what a good God would do.

It seems like God is giving Satan the advantage, in terms of our ability to think without deception or Satan’s undo interference.

Rev12;9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent,

called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Why did God curse us with Satan and her minions?

It cannot be to give us free will as none of us have the free will to never sin. If we did have that, we would have some examples of
people who never sinned.

On another tangent, scriptures say that God himself put’s lies/deception into his prophets and that he decides who will have faith or not by his doling out grace only to those he has pre-selected and thus denies other the ability to have faith or belief.

This biblical contradiction, strangely, refutes all that I put above on Satan. Can Christians clear up this contradiction?

Regards
DL
assuming your God is good, then his evil creation, and evil itself must offer a higher good, not understandable by men.

or your God is just evil.

or a little of both.

I don't belevie in your God so not able to know his nature for your.
Soon, I hope, all will know more moral gods than the garbage the mainstream presently offers.

Learning of my god and his better morality is a start that many are making as the mainstream religions begin to fold.

Regards
DL
ok, hopefully so per man, and of God/your God.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:49 pm
gaffo wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:52 am [

Thanks for the quotes, all from the older (pre-bab exile) OT works (before Belial existed in Judaism).

as for the last Genesis reference, did YHWH tell Adam/Eve they could eat from the ToL?

YHWH did forbid them from eating of the OTHER tree, the ToK, then lied when HE said if they eat from it they would die.
You are reading Genesis correctly.

Regards
DL
yes.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Dubious wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:08 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:58 pm
Dubious wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:33 am

Oh great! Does that mean an endless number of disaster refugees forcing themselves into the promised land?...for a short time at least as even northern countries keep getting hotter.
Basically, yes.
Better to offer them a living than anything negative.

We have the frontier and should use it to help and not to hinder.

Regards
DL
That help will be temporary until we ourselves need help due to climate change. And while we have the frontier as you say, do we have the finances to create the infrastructures in support of all the millions who will make the journey? Can it even be controlled.

Your super simplistic version of using the land we still have available to help and not to hinder is totally untenable.
in 200 yrs America will become to arid and hot for food production, that leaves Canada to become the next crop friendly bread basket.

20 miilion yrs ago the world was much hotter than what we will have in 200-1000 yrs hense, and life continued to survive (samkes the size of buses in Central American/etc...) so we know that even with a much hotter earth 30 million yrs ago, life carried on, it shall after all fossil fuels are burned in a hotter earth in the next centuries.

I think the more apt issue is the changing of man (not his survival in a warmer earth - move to canada is that solution) via genetics. the nature of man to the point of no longer being "man" will happen before most of global warming effects are noted.

you can thank genetic engineering for this.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

gaffo wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:22 pm

Basically, yes.

Regards
DL
That help will be temporary until we ourselves need help due to climate change. And while we have the frontier as you say, do we have the finances to create the infrastructures in support of all the millions who will make the journey? Can it even be controlled.

Your super simplistic version of using the land we still have available to help and not to hinder is totally untenable.
in 200 yrs America will become to arid and hot for food production, that leaves Canada to become the next crop friendly bread basket.

20 miilion yrs ago the world was much hotter than what we will have in 200-1000 yrs hense, and life continued to survive (samkes the size of buses in Central American/etc...) so we know that even with a much hotter earth 30 million yrs ago, life carried on, it shall after all fossil fuels are burned in a hotter earth in the next centuries.

I think the more apt issue is the changing of man (not his survival in a warmer earth - move to canada is that solution) via genetics. the nature of man to the point of no longer being "man" will happen before most of global warming effects are noted.

Actually Sir Gaffo - there is a very good case for the opposite, and that we may flip into an ice-age. You may need to book the coach southwards!
roydop

Post by roydop »

Basically, yes.

Regards
DL

Stay outta Canada. ☺
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

roydop wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:19 pm

Stay outta Canada. ☺
lol, I don't blame you Sir. after Trump and Bush Jr (i liked the "old man" (dad - had a mind and understood Foreign Policy - Gulf War 79 Americans died - Kuiwat liberated - and on the cheap).

If I were Canadian - as i assume you are - I'd want to wall up your southern boarder too - truth be known, America has shown itself too dumb to allow us to leave to other lands, including yours.

i wish my countrymen were as smart is you lot, but we have proven we are not - 2 times now - so i understand, and agree - keep me out!

thanks for reply Sir.
roydop

Post by roydop »

🙏