Let's kill God - that evil SOB

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Eodnhoj7

Re: Let's kill God - that evil SOB

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Frank N Stein wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:32 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:49 pm
Frank N Stein wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:50 pm

So it's not a supernatural being you were asking about then? If someone asked 'what is an obese person?' The only answer you can really give is 'a person who is obese' (or any appropriate synonyms).
Actually if I ask what is a an obese person?

1. A person that is obese.

2. Person is x

3. Obese is y.

4. X is x1 with x1 existing through a further progression of definition.

5. Y is y1 with y1 existing through a further progression of definition.

6. A person as x = x1 that is obese as y = y1.

7. Sentence 6 is defined through further variations of x1 is y1, x2 is y1, etc.

8. And continues where a person that is obese is also a man or woman that is has too much fat or muscle, a human being which is unhealthy, etc.

9. Do you want me to continue?

So what is supernatural?
As I pointed out before, the word is self-explanatory.
And not everyone is in your head or revolves around you. If you can not even briefly define it in a manner where there is common ground, then don't bother expressing your thoughts.

The trash on these forums and in real life is disgusting, people should be chipped like animals.
Frank N Stein

Post by Frank N Stein »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:06 am
Frank N Stein wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:32 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:49 pm
Actually if I ask what is a an obese person?

1. A person that is obese.

2. Person is x

3. Obese is y.

4. X is x1 with x1 existing through a further progression of definition.

5. Y is y1 with y1 existing through a further progression of definition.

6. A person as x = x1 that is obese as y = y1.

7. Sentence 6 is defined through further variations of x1 is y1, x2 is y1, etc.

8. And continues where a person that is obese is also a man or woman that is has too much fat or muscle, a human being which is unhealthy, etc.

9. Do you want me to continue?

So what is supernatural?
As I pointed out before, the word is self-explanatory.
And not everyone is in your head or revolves around you. If you can not even briefly define it in a manner where there is common ground, then don't bother expressing your thoughts.

The trash on these forums and in real life is disgusting, people should be chipped like animals.
What a peculiar person :o
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greatest I am wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:13 pm
gaffo wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:47 am
Greatest I am wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:53 pm

Not cynicism. Realism.

Only those into supernaturalstupid thinking will think there is a real supernatural God.

Regards
DL
I still do not "Get you" *what you believe"- known you for a decade now - know you are a Believer - unlike me.

and hate Torah God as blood creature (my view also) - you seem to ignore the Minor Prophet view of that God unlike me, and I'm still clueless in the God you believe in as a Gnostic Christian.

as you know by now, I'm an Atheist.....................just still clueless as to the nature of the God you beleive in.

and as always welcome understanding.

hope you are well and Happy New Year Sir!
Same to you with my belated greetings.

I am not a believer the way others believe. That label usually denotes believers in some supernatural fantasy.

My God is one of the easiest for all to understand. He is named the same as your God, should you choose to step up. I am.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that lazy Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbes ... r_embedded

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGx4IlppSgU

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Are you ready to step up and claim your right to rule yourself my friend?

Regards
DL
So you are a Believer in "God" - so why the prior claim in this thread of not?

- I cuncur with your view of your Christ as a good man (from what we can gather of him via others writting about decades later though per my view not God nor Son of)).

the "I am" (IMO is all about the Tetragramaton - YHWH refused to state his "true name" to Moses - viewing the latter as a mere mortal asking to know the "True Name" of Him and thus gaining power over.

God's (YHWH - not vishnue/etc.......other God/s - lol) reply was "its none of your business, just except i exist bubba".

thanks for reply Sir.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

QuantumT wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:29 pm
gaffo wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:26 am Dawkins is a hack! *mindless one shouthing "fire" in the theater.....to sell his books.

Dawkins assumes the only OT YHWH is the one in the Torah.

well its not, there is another YHWH - the one in the other 1/2 of the Old Testement - the one written about by the Minor Prophets.

Amos/ job/ Habbicook////////20 other works! which Dawkins does not note and probably never read of.

snipped the rest since you refer to Dawkins a hack who knows nothing about the OT, nor its "God".

welcome clear and objective discussion about YHWH outside of Dawkin's views however.

I' m an athiest BTW (if that matters you) - i value honest education/discussion of such matters - that leaves Dawkins out.
So you're not a Dawkins fan, huh? :D
Well, just because you don't like him, doesn't mean he's wrong.
no not a fan, and yes could be wrong - would be the 1000th time or more if so.
Frank N Stein

Post by Frank N Stein »

gaffo wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:26 am
QuantumT wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:00 am Let's assume for a moment that God exists, and that the Old Testament describes him.
ok
QuantumT wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:00 am If we soberly and honestly analyze that description, we get something similar to Richard Dawkins description:
The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.
So, we get a diabolical evil being, bent on death and destruction. God is evil. Our universe and ourselves are made by a Devil claiming to be a God.

Dawkins is a hack! *mindless one shouthing "fire" in the theater.....to sell his books.

well its not, there is another YHWH - the one in the other 1/2 of the Old Testement - the one written about by the Minor Prophets.

Amos/ job/ Habbicook////////20 other works! which Dawkins does not note and probably never read of.

snipped the rest since you refer to Dawkins a hack who knows nothing about the OT, nor its "God".

welcome clear and objective discussion about YHWH outside of Dawkin's views however.

I' m an athiest BTW (if that matters you) - i value honest education/discussion of such matters - that leaves Dawkins out.
Other gods? I thought the whole point was that there is only one.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Frank N Stein wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:09 am
QuantumT wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:00 am Let's assume for a moment that God exists, and that the Old Testament describes him.
ok
QuantumT wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:00 am If we soberly and honestly analyze that description, we get something similar to Richard Dawkins description:

So, we get a diabolical evil being, bent on death and destruction. God is evil. Our universe and ourselves are made by a Devil claiming to be a God.

Dawkins is a hack! *mindless one shouthing "fire" in the theater.....to sell his books.

that is a latter day Judaic and Christian bias.

early Judaic and all the other worlds non Western (so leaves out Islam/modern Judaism/christianity) religions were/are P{olythiestic.

read Amos, and the other oldest works of the OT, they affirmed the existance of other gods outside of YHWH, as does the Torah via the 10 commandments - "thou shalt not worship other gods before me" (implied polytheism - "ok to worship other gods AFTER me") - that commandment does not say "there is only ME and only ME. s worship me only" (Koran makes this claim, but of course the Koran is not a Jewish work).
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Judaims was polythiestc until the ruturn of from exile of the 20-percent of the elites from Babylon. Esra/Haggi/Zachariah forced a reform of Judiasm into a Monotheism around 587- 70 yrs BC.

along with forbidding of intermariage (nullifing of then too?) of native Judeans with native non-Jewish spouses. lovely.
Frank N Stein

Post by Frank N Stein »

gaffo wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:34 am

ok

early Judaic and all the other worlds non Western (so leaves out Islam/modern Judaism/christianity) religions were/are P{olythiestic.

read Amos, and the other oldest works of the OT, they affirmed the existance of other gods outside of YHWH, as does the Torah via the 10 commandments - "thou shalt not worship other gods before me" (implied polytheism - "ok to worship other gods AFTER me") - that commandment does not say "there is only ME and only ME. s worship me only" (Koran makes this claim, but of course the Koran is not a Jewish work).
I believe the term for this is 'mind fuck'. :wink:
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Frank N Stein wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:07 am
gaffo wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:34 am

I believe the term for this is 'mind fuck'. :wink:
??

welcome clarification of thereof.

BTW I'm a dumb shit - weak minded, and so welcome small simple words - so i can converse with others.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

gaffo wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:47 am

So you are a Believer in "God" - so why the prior claim in this thread of not?
Not a supernatural God. I am not brain dead.

A God defined as the best rules and laws to live by.

Regards.
DL