Let's kill God - that evil SOB

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

QuantumT

Let's kill God - that evil SOB

Post by QuantumT »

Let's assume for a moment that God exists, and that the Old Testament describes him. If we soberly and honestly analyze that description, we get something similar to Richard Dawkins description:
The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.
So, we get a diabolical evil being, bent on death and destruction. God is evil. Our universe and ourselves are made by a Devil claiming to be a God.

Does that not make his followers complicit? Is it not the obligation of any benevolent being to reject such an evil entity? Has history not shown us countless times how much suffering and evil that comes from following him?

Even today evil doers shout "Allahu Ackbar!" (The God is great) when they mass murder!

And don't get started with some homemade version of a preferred God. You don't get to decide how God is!

If you truly want to be a good person, you must reject God. The most evil entity of this universe. Good begins where God ends.

Merry Xmas & Happy new year!
Walker

Re: Let's kill God - that evil SOB

Post by Walker »

QuantumT wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:00 amYou don't get to decide how God is!
You apparently think that those who kill in the name of God do get to decide.
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

Walker wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:16 am You apparently think that those who kill in the name of God do get to decide.
Well they are closer to the original version than any pious self righteous homemade version is. Sadly.

My message is not that the terrorists are right, but that God is evil.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

god died in 1882...

-Imp
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

To kill God you would have to kill man as the nature of God is argued through man.

The death of God is a reflection of the a cynicism within the place of man in light of an industrial revolution that replaced him.

God and the human condition are inseperable.
seeds

Post by seeds »

QuantumT wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:00 am Let's assume for a moment that God exists, and that the Old Testament describes him. If we soberly and honestly analyze that description, we get something similar to Richard Dawkins description:
The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.
So, we get a diabolical evil being, bent on death and destruction. God is evil. Our universe and ourselves are made by a Devil claiming to be a God.
Greatest I am, is that you?

How did you manage to steal QuantumT’s avatar? :D
QuantumT wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:00 am And don't get started with some homemade version of a preferred God. You don't get to decide how God is!
Why not?

The writers of the Bible and Quran certainly did.

In which case, you need to take up your complaint with them, not God.
_______
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

QuantumT wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:00 am If you truly want to be a good person, you must reject God. The most evil entity of this universe. Good begins where God ends.
Fully agree with the above.

Note even if God is absolutely Good, Zen master Lin Chi had recommended one need to kill God, as in his maxim;
  • "If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him."

this famous quote is attributed to Linji Yixuan (also spelled Lin-chi I-hsuan, d. 866), one of the most prominent masters of Zen history.
All humans has the inherent potential of an existential crisis and it is most active in the majority of people who desperately cling to theism.
Fundamentally and subconsciously a theist is caught in a turbulence like a man clinging to life by the skin of his teeth.
This is why some theists will go the extent of killing non-believers who are perceived as a threat to their psychological security. Even the drawing of cartoons of their prophet is sensed as a threat to their life.

What Lin Chi recommended is one need to learn to be independent via the teachings of the Buddha and not cling ignorantly to the 'idea of the Buddha' [or God], thus metaphorically 'killing the Buddha'.
When one has deep feelings of attachments to a God [or a Buddha], one must be mindful to detach from it especially when such emotional attachments can be very sensitive in a subtle psychological life or death situation.
This will also prevent one from from getting hurt when one's God is critiqued by others.
Of course the better alternative is having no beliefs in God, thus free from any possible sufferings in relation to theism.

God is merely an idea in the mind and all prophets of the mainstream religions are already dead.
When Muslims cling to the idea of Allah and their Prophet, they are actually mentally idolizing, i.e. practicing idolatory*, which is SHIRK, one of the greatest sins within Islam.
*idolatory is not necessary applicable to physical statutes but also to mental objects.
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

All humans has the inherent potential of an existential crisis and it is most active in the majority of people who desperately cling to theism.
Fundamentally and subconsciously a theist is caught in a turbulence like a man clinging to life by the skin of his teeth.

Because the above is inherent in the majority of humans we cannot just get rid of the idea of God.
What is needed is for theists to understand the psychological mechanics behind theism and humanity need to find fool proofs alternatives to replace/wean-off theism gradually and on a volunteer basis.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:52 am To kill God you would have to kill man as the nature of God is argued through man.

The death of God is a reflection of the a cynicism within the place of man in light of an industrial revolution that replaced him.

Not cynicism. Realism.

Only those into supernaturalstupid thinking will think there is a real supernatural God.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

seeds wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:23 am
How did you manage to steal QuantumT’s avatar? :D
I did not or could not keep this one. Right?

Why did you think I changed avatar? Because the O.P. shows good moral sense?

Regards
DL
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Greatest I am wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:53 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:52 am To kill God you would have to kill man as the nature of God is argued through man.

Not cynicism. Realism.

Only those into supernaturalstupid thinking will think there is a real supernatural God.

Regards
DL
Elaborate.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:15 pm

Not cynicism. Realism.

Regards
DL
Elaborate.
Simply stated, those who base a belief on the supernatural are living in a delusional state and giving imaginary characters authority.

That thinking is what has gifted us with inquisitions and jihads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvBxFXQy7-M

Regards
DL
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Greatest I am wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:29 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:15 pm

Not cynicism. Realism.

Regards
DL
Elaborate.
Simply stated, those who base a belief on the supernatural are living in a delusional state and giving imaginary characters authority.

That thinking is what has gifted us with inquisitions and jihads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvBxFXQy7-M

Regards
DL
And what is a supernatural being?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Good question!
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:26 am
And what is a supernatural being?
An imaginary/fantasy character that is created by the minds of men and often used in fraud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6DfJVjEMlc&t=4s

Regards
DL