There is No Me, No You, No Person, No Self ???

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

dxoutkast

Re: There is me, you, person, self

Post by dxoutkast »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:22 am
dxoutkast wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:21 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:22 am
My view is the concept of 'me' you, yours, person or self and objects emerged out of human reason for very necessary and critical "purposes" to facilitate the survival of the individual and the preservation of the human species.
Nah, it has nothing to do with "survival", the 'small self' precedes survival, it is actually what lives AND then survives. There is nothing trying to "preserve human beings", people preserve their lives. And we in the collective help to preserve other lives too, not everyone does tho.

Note, I said 'small self' but don't take me for a fool, that doesn't mean there is a 'higher self' each person possess, however, each person has their own self.

Regards Tony Parsons, Jim Newman and other trolls, they're just there to entertain the whole gnostic religion, it's all rubbish, if what they said was true, they wouldn't need to keep negating over and over the small personal self.

'That the 'me' here in my mind is the one who thinks' is me> is not a concept, it's a recognition of who we are at the core of our being.

Reality is not infinite. Is not "hallucination" and cause effect does break in, despite what the stupid troll says in her posts.
If you assert the small self precedes survival, then when does it emerge in the person - the self.
Note the proto-self emerged starting from conception and self-consciousness emerged later after birth.

What drives conception is the survival and preservation of the species. This is so evident with non-humans living things and the human species.

The self-conscious me, you and others emerge basically for the purpose of the human species in the face of greater threats, e.g. from a rogue meteor that could obliterate the Earth into smithereens.
It is because of being self-aware and endowed with knowledge that astronomers are aware of the threat of rogue meteor can appear from nowhere and moving towards Earth.
Scientists are now exploring and discussing how to deflect such a threat from a rogue meteor.
It is not mentioned but the inferred and implied purpose is to ensure survival of the individual, humanity and the human species and other species.

I believe my thesis above is very useful for practical living especially to dissolve the associated terrible evil and violent acts from the compromised time-relative useful theism, in the future.
By stupid troll. I MEAN the delirious neurotic troll 》dontaskme《, btw
Dontaskme

Re: There is No Me, No You, No Person, No Self ???

Post by Dontaskme »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:48 amYou will note what are mentioned in the article I have already stated them in the many responses to DontAskMe. One of the pseudo-advaitin culprit mentioned in the article is Tony Parson which I had also mentioned in the OP and the Youtube Video.

However there is one exception.
I agree with the article's critique of how these pseudo-Advaitins are bigots re the extreme views of the illusion of the self in ignoring the criticalness of the empirical self, me, you, yours, person, things, and the likes in accordance to the Two-Truths Theory of Buddhism [mentioned in the article].
But the pseudo-Advaitins what ever they are supposed to be, probs, just some other fancy shmancy made up concept...but nonetheless, the known/labeled mentally constructed ''character'' knowns as empirical self, me, you, yours, person, things... are still mental projections of the mind.. The images / characters or what ever you want to call them... are essentially real in the sense they can been seen, so theres really no point in denying their existence..they are seen as they are imaged. But who sees? is the main issue here?

So to claim these made up characters called ''pseudo-advaitin's'' are ignoring the criticalness of the empirical self is just another bigoted point of view, and so this view can also be included within the same net that we all keep getting caught up in. No one is exempt from the INNER - NET

Bye the way, the so called pseudo-advaitin's DO NOT deny or ignore the criticalness of the empirical self, so once again this idea is also a bigot response to a belief within the mind of the believer...it's a catch 22 ...net i net i

It's really hilarious how the message of non-duality can trigger such a reactive and offensive conflict within the mind of the believer.
It's like if the knowledge of advaita vedanta ever dare reveal itself to the reader..it does appear to be seen in a very negative way, and then what's even more stupid is the offending knowledge is then directly pointed at the nondual speaker as if they were demonic and out to make you feel worthless and unimportant, to the point that you feel so depressed your almost suicidal. It's like how dare such knowledge be ever spoken. And yet thousands upon thousands of people relate to it quite naturally, instinctively we know the truth of our being, we do not need to go searching for it outside of ourselves in some other source. Jesus said the truth in within you.

I personally have self inquired into the nature of oneness, and let me just say, it didn't make me depressed or suicidal, in fact I think the message of nonduality is the most beautiful message I've ever heard. We all react differently. The nondual message actually made perfect sense to me that I could not get from anywhere else, especially according to other peoples world points of view. Nonduality made me really appreciate and like myself, it made me a better person in fact. It made me strong and fearless, and not afraid to face the evil if ever it launched an attack on me, for I know I can face all evil and defeat it.

Half the time people are just too scared to face their real face, they just cannot handle the truth of who they are, so they top themselves. Others see it differently and live out the rest of their lives shining. It just depends what attitude you choose to live by, be it love yourself or despise yourself...only you can put your house in order, you cannot expect other people to be responsible for what is your own responsibilty to your mental health. People just don't seem to see they are stronger than they think, and also, if the truth is just too much to bare, then killing yourself is ok too...everything is ok.

The point is Jesus taught Nonduality, and look at how this character was treated...he was absolutely crucified and tortured not just mentally but physically to death...and yet all he did was love people and care about them and want what's best for them...And yet he was hated and despised, and sent to death...and that man died with such grace and dignity and courage, without pity.

Now that's how to die. If you really want to be shown how to die properly, then watch how Jesus died, he will show you the correct way to die...and also note the most important question in all of this nondual message ..which was ....WHY he died??

When you understand WHY he died, then you will understand yourself and others and the real reason for your being.

Sorry for the rant...but I'm just attempting to show there is always a better way of looking at life, rather than just pointing fingers at others and blaming them for all your own self inflicted mental afflictions.

This is not meant to be aimed at anyone in particular...I'm just saying why there is such a thing as the nonduality concept in the minds of humans.