Where does 'Religious Knowledge' orginate from?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Where does 'Religious Knowledge' orginate from?

Post by Dontaskme »

Those who are making claims about religiously inclined people committing evil acts because thier God told them to is a truth claim.

Ask yourself, is this truth claim absolutely true and absolutely real? And if it is, then please show some concrete evidence of where this knowledge comes from..please show the actual original source of such knowledge?

If you cannot show the evidence of what you claim is absolutely real and true, then why in the hell are you making up such a shit idea in the first place?

surreptitious57

Re: Where does 'Religious Knowledge' orginate from?

Post by surreptitious57 »

Some human beings commit acts of evil because of a fundamentalist interpretation of their particular belief system
There may or may not be other mitigating factors such as sadism or psycopathy that compel them to do such things
Where such factors exist it cannot be exclusively attributed to their belief system and where they dont exist it can
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:49 pm Those who are making claims about religiously inclined people committing evil acts because thier God told them to is a truth claim.

Ask yourself, is this truth claim absolutely true and absolutely real? And if it is, then please show some concrete evidence of where this knowledge comes from..please show the actual original source of such knowledge?

If you cannot show the evidence of what you claim is absolutely real and true, then why in the hell are you making up such a shit idea in the first place?

IMO you've invited a larger question Simone Weil touched on. Once we understand the attraction to idolatry then the reason for the abuse of religion becomes obvious.
Idolatry comes from the fact that, while thirsting for absolute good, we do not possess the power of supernatural attention and we have not the patience to allow it to develop (Simone Weil, Gravity and Grace 53).
During these times of decreasing attention span and lack of patience, any thought of improving the situation for the Great Beast doesn't appear too promising.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Nick_A wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:12 pmIMO you've invited a larger question Simone Weil touched on.
In your opinion everything invites the inclusion of Simone Weil in some way or other.
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

duplicated after editing.
Last edited by Veritas Aequitas on Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Veritas Aequitas

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:49 pm Those who are making claims about religiously inclined people committing evil acts because thier God told them to is a truth claim.

Engaging in the absolute as fantasy again.

I suggest you do this;
Go to the main square of a city in Afghanistan and draw a cartoon of the founder.
Then what happened as expected will confirm the truth of the claims,

"about religiously inclined people committing evil acts because their God told them to is a truth claim."

This is so empirical evident because those who kill you will quote from their religious texts to justify their killing as a divine duty.
This is the proof. QED!

The root truths of the above are the following;
  • 1. DNA/RNA wise, 20% of ALL human beings are unfortunately born an active evil tendency the evil prone.
    2. That immutable holy text is loaded with evil laden elements from an illusory God.
    3. The evil prone will be triggered by 2 to commit terrible evil and violent acts.
The above are the 'absolute' truths.

To resolve the problem of the resultant evil acts we either get rid of factor 1 or 2.
It is difficult to change the DNA/RNA thus the optimal solution is to deal with factor 2 above, i.e. wean it off totally.

Whatever that is absolutely absolute, i.e. ONENESS, blah blah blah you are trying to drive at is illusory based on some process of illusion in your brain/mind.
It is similar [albeit of very low degree] to a schizo insisting gnomes he 'talked' to in his garden are truly real.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:08 am
I suggest you do this;
Go to the main square of a city in Afghanistan and draw a cartoon of the founder.

So according to your logic, a cartoon image of something that is made of stone-slab and chalk, or maybe some paper and some pencil marks is the source of religious knowledge that informs people to kill anothers? :shock: :roll: :?

Wow, its like I'm going to kill you because that image made of stone-slab and chalk made me do it? :lol:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

"about religiously inclined people committing evil acts because their God told them to is a truth claim."

This is so empirical evident because those who kill you will quote from their religious texts to justify their killing as a divine duty.
This is the proof. QED!
So what you are basically saying is that words written in a book made of ink and paper turns us into killers?

So a person can just say...the book made me kill you.

Is the book making the truth claim?

What has this got anything to do with God?

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Whatever that is absolutely absolute, i.e. ONENESS, blah blah blah you are trying to drive at is illusory based on some process of illusion in your brain/mind.
It is similar [albeit of very low degree] to a schizo insisting gnomes he 'talked' to in his garden are truly real.
But, but, I have never seen my brain or my mind, so how could I know what is illusory or real?

Please explain, you are not making any sense.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:08 amEngaging in the absolute as fantasy again.
Yes you are aren't you..believing that cartoon images are real entities that spawn the seed of evil intentions, that are then when acted upon justify the means. Yes, that's whats called living in a fantasy world...there is nothing in a cartoon characater but your own fanstasy believed to be real, and that fanstasy is what informs you to kill others...naughty naughty trickster, is the mind isn't it..engaging and getting all caught up in its own web of deceit.

Veritas Aequitas

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:03 am
I suggest you do this;
So according to your logic, a cartoon image of something that is made of stone-slab and chalk, or maybe some paper and some pencil marks is the source of religious knowledge that informs people to kill anothers? :shock: :roll: :?

Wow, its like I'm going to kill you because that image made of stone-slab and chalk made me do it? :lol:
Your thinking above is very shallow.
The above is a strawman.

Note,
  • 1. The evil prone believers [like you] believe the absolute [God, etc.] is real.
    2. This supposedly real God gives permission in a holy text for the believers to kill any one who threaten the religion.
    3. The drawing of cartoons is a threat to the religion, therefore they should be killed.
The root cause from the above in 1 is the believers believe in the absolute as real [when it is in reality a fake].
If we can convinced these evil prone believers the truth that the absolute [God] they believed in is a fake, they will not obey a fake god to kill others. But unfortunately it is difficult to convince them of the truth due to their psychological desperation.

You are the same as the evil prone believers who believe in the absolute [God] as real when in reality that absolute God is a fake [illusory, illusion] driven by psychological desperation.

Fortunately the absolute God you believed is real do not deliver holy commands that compel you to kill if your belief is threatened. Even then you are already lashing out at me emotionally when I am trying to discuss the truth of the issue, i.e. that absolute is a fake!
Last edited by Veritas Aequitas on Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Your theory is an epic fail.

No one has ever seen their brain.

You might aswell be talking about a gnome for all I know, what would be the difference?

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:47 amYour thinking above is very shallow.
The above is a strawman.
No its actually very deep.

There is no such entity as a strawman that can think. Men made of straw cannot think.

That's like saying a strawman or a cartoon character or a word made me have evil intentions.

Please, you still haven't explained the correct original origin of religious knowledge?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:47 amYou are the same as the evil prone believers who believe in the absolute [God] as real when in reality that absolute God is a fake [illusory, illusion] driven by psychological desperation.
So now I'm an evil prone believer am I ?

Is that what you believe?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:47 am Even then you are already lashing out at me emotionally when I am trying to discuss the truth of the issue, i.e. that absolute is a fake!
So yes, sorry if your getting all emotional and defensive, I'm just a true skeptic in the pyrrhonism sense as you are, so lets try to discuss the truth of the issue without taking positions away from each other making one feel like they are being strung up and lashed for their own beliefs.

Firstly, can truth be known? and by whom?

Try not to dogmatize with too much detail, lets just get down to the nitty gritty and get straight to the point.

Where does religious knowledge originally originate?

You've already admitted, it does not come from the strawman...so where does it come from?