What if God is weak?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greta

Re: What if God is weak?

Post by Greta »

Reflex wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:50 am
Greta wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:15 am
Reflex wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:46 pm Dodgy. Why not address the question instead of posting your views on other matters, things that have nothing to do with “what if”?
Back to Twitter with you, dunce. You offer nothing.
Just a book addressing the question directly and a summary. Don’t blame me for your unwillingness to explore possibilities.
Two links without any summary, explanation, or any suggestion that you understand the material you are posting. Your position would be more credible if you weren't such a hardline Republican, which hardly squares with:
Heltzel wrote:... he [Caputo] argues that the Kingdom of God is not a rule of Holy law, but a sacred anarchy that is embodied in works of love, forgiveness and hospitality
Where do today's Republicans have even the slightest connection with "love, forgiveness and hospitality"? Modern Republicanism is much more synonymous with hatred, division, grudge-bearing and a lack of hospitality to any but their own. No doubt you'll be thinking that the Dems are just as bad (which they aren't), and that misses the point.

Sure, I can appreciate the idea of creating stillness within to allow the subtle influence of the weak deity (or whatever) to be felt, but this is utterly incompatible with the inherent internal noise of politics of any stripe, and especially not modern Republicanism as per above.
TimeSeeker

Post by TimeSeeker »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:38 am I only understand the nondual nature of reality. If you are going to come at me with knowledge, I cannot reply to you in a way you want me to, I wouldn't know what to say back to you without interfering with your own understanding of reality. I cannot know what you know, I can only know what I know.
I am not asking you to reply in language. I am asking you to reply in action. Don't tell me that you have knowledge - DO something useful with it. Show me.

If you can't do anything with your knowledge then it is sterile.
If you can but you won't - then you are a douchebag who wants to keep their knowledge only for themselves.

And the rest of us shouldn't have to care.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

TimeSeeker wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:53 am
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:38 am I only understand the nondual nature of reality. If you are going to come at me with knowledge, I cannot reply to you in a way you want me to, I wouldn't know what to say back to you without interfering with your own understanding of reality. I cannot know what you know, I can only know what I know.
I am not asking you to reply in language. I am asking you to reply in action. Don't tell me that you have knowledge - DO something useful with it. Show me.

If you can't do anything with your knowledge then it is sterile.
If you can but you won't - then you are a douchebag who wants to keep their knowledge only for themselves.

And the rest of us shouldn't have to care.

Our true nature is this existential absolute that cannot be communicated by language, although attempting to communicate it, is also it.
We are the field of awareness couched in nothingness, existential metaphysical nothing. It's not a belief, which points to the realisation that all our knowledge informs the illusory nature of a ''someone'' living life. That there is only life and the interpretation of it.

Take what you want from words, or leave them well alone, it's more to do with listening than speaking, more to do what you feel and know to be real or true from your direct experience, and not from what someone else has told you that you have just blindly believed.
TimeSeeker wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:53 am If you can't do anything with your knowledge then it is sterile.
You see, I don't even know what you mean by this statement. I really have no understanding what you are attempting to say in that statement. I don't see reality as a separate entity owning their own secret stash of knowledge. To me,knowledge belongs to no one or thing and everything. It is everything, and there is nothing outside of that all knowing knowledge that is everything and every one.

Owned knowledge is blind belief based on faith... not-knowing knowledge is direct experience, the proof is in the pudding, in the one tasting it.

TimeSeeker

Post by TimeSeeker »

So you've discovered experience? Congratulations! Welcome to the human race :)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

TimeSeeker wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:21 am So you've discovered experience? Congratulations! Welcome to the human race :)
Thanks, shall we eat now or later? :lol:
TimeSeeker

Post by TimeSeeker »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:24 am
TimeSeeker wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:21 am So you've discovered experience? Congratulations! Welcome to the human race :)
I just ordered breakfast.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

TimeSeeker wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:28 am
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:24 am
I just ordered breakfast.
:lol:
Reflex

Post by Reflex »

Greta wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:39 am
Reflex wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:50 am
Greta wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:15 am

Back to Twitter with you, dunce. You offer nothing.
Just a book addressing the question directly and a summary. Don’t blame me for your unwillingness to explore possibilities.
Two links without any summary, explanation, or any suggestion that you understand the material you are posting. Your position would be more credible if you weren't such a hardline Republican, which hardly squares with:
Heltzel wrote:... he [Caputo] argues that the Kingdom of God is not a rule of Holy law, but a sacred anarchy that is embodied in works of love, forgiveness and hospitality
Where do today's Republicans have even the slightest connection with "love, forgiveness and hospitality"? Modern Republicanism is much more synonymous with hatred, division, grudge-bearing and a lack of hospitality to any but their own. No doubt you'll be thinking that the Dems are just as bad (which they aren't), and that misses the point.

Sure, I can appreciate the idea of creating stillness within to allow the subtle influence of the weak deity (or whatever) to be felt, but this is utterly incompatible with the inherent internal noise of politics of any stripe, and especially not modern Republicanism as per above.
Dodgy. What if God is "weak"? Would not the universe appear to be indeterminate yet lawful? Is the Tao powerful? Are you "agnostic" about the Tao? What have politics got to do with anything?
Greta

Post by Greta »

Reflex wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:55 pm
Reflex wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:50 am Just a book addressing the question directly and a summary. Don’t blame me for your unwillingness to explore possibilities.

Dodgy. What if God is "weak"? Would not the universe appear to be indeterminate yet lawful? Is the Tao powerful? Are you "agnostic" about the Tao? What have politics got to do with anything?
Not long ago you wrote this gratuitous political jab in the thread:
Reflex wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:33 pmWhy are people ignoring the question at hand? Are they a bunch of Democrats?
You announce yourself as a tribal Republican, yet the link you bragged about posting as if it gave you credibility referred to "works of love, forgiveness and hospitality", which is antithetical to today's Republicanism. That's why I could tell you posted the link without understanding the content.

Thus my comment above was not only a fair one, it's also remained not addressed by you. How do you connect "works of love, forgiveness and hospitality" with today's hateful, angry, grudging and discriminatory Republicanism.

Make America Greta Again!
Reflex

Post by Reflex »

Greta wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:43 pm
Reflex wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:55 pm

Reflex wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:33 pmWhy are people ignoring the question at hand? Are they a bunch of Democrats?
You announce yourself as a tribal Republican, yet the link you bragged about posting as if it gave you credibility referred to "works of love, forgiveness and hospitality", which is antithetical to today's Republicanism. That's why I could tell you posted the link without understanding the content.

Thus my comment above was not only a fair one, it's also remained not addressed by you. How do you connect "works of love, forgiveness and hospitality" with today's hateful, angry, grudging and discriminatory Republicanism.

That's as pathetic as someone alleging Brett Kavanaugh tossing ice at someone makes him ineligible for the Supreme Court.
Last edited by Reflex on Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Reflex wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:14 pm
Reflex wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:55 pm Dodgy. What if God is "weak"? Would not the universe appear to be indeterminate yet lawful? Is the Tao powerful? Are you "agnostic" about the Tao? What have politics got to do with anything?

Wrong forum.
Hypocrisy, as per the bold text.

You offer nothing. Every thread it's the same - just your feeble partisan Republican Twitter posts (oh, and the occasional link that you don't even read first).

Go. You do not belong.
Reflex

Post by Reflex »

Greta wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:15 am

Wrong forum.

You offer nothing. Every thread it's the same - just your feeble partisan Republican Twitter posts (oh, and the occasional link that you don't even read first).

Go. You do not belong.
Note the edited version. You have some serious mental problems.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Reflex wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:17 am

Wrong forum.

Go. You do not belong.
Case in point. Maybe Instagram is more your speed? You are not even close to being up to the task on any philosophy forum, just a vacuous little Twittering embarrassment.

You, who believes in angels, demons, virgin births, people springing back to life, turning bread into dead fish cannot speak about others' mental issues.

Go before you embarrass yourself further.
Reflex

Post by Reflex »

Greta wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:25 am

Go. You do not belong.
Case in point. Maybe Instagram is more your speed? You are not even close to being up to the task on any philosophy forum, just a vacuous little Twittering embarrassment.

You, who believes in angels, demons, virgin births, people springing back to life, turning bread into dead fish cannot speak about others' mental issues.

Pathetic. :roll:
Greta

Post by Greta »

Reflex wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:00 am
Greta wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:25 am

Pathetic. :roll:
You just keep proving me right, Twitterer.

Go back to worshipping Santa and the elves, little boy. You are out of your depth.

You do not belong. Go.