Satan gave man love. Was it worth the hate?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Adam thought so. He instantly and without argument or hesitation ate of that knowledge when Eve offered love to Adam.

Without Satan causing Original Sin, mankind could no know of love or hate as love and hate are subject to being good or evil.

Would you do as Adam did?

Was Satan right in opening our eyes to love and hate?

Should we venerate Satan more than Yahweh who tried to deny mankind love?

Regards
DL
osgart

Re: Satan gave man love. Was it worth the hate?

Post by osgart »

Nahh i would of sought out God, and ate from the tree of life. This reality bites the dust. All Adam and Eve did was already in their hearts to do. They had every good thing otherwise then what they did. They had freedom and chose defiance. Why defy God? They could have known life instead of good and evil knowledge.

Not that this story is reality, but they chose a lie, when they could have known what everything was all about by eating any other tree. Its a matter of trusting whats worth trusting, vs. A deceiver who cares nothing for anything, has no sincerity, and only cares for itself.

The Garden of Eden had it all, every good way in every other tree, and every bad way all in one tree. Adam and Eve could have had it all and failed the test of heart God gave them.

All the trees in the Garden reveal is whats inside their own hearts. If they would have chose life they would have found unending pure love.

Evil blinds the heart to all good ways. A & E rebelled against the charity of life itself. They became outlaws, along with every one of their descendants.

And then with God, God mastered the defeat of evil so that only the innocent have eternal life, and Jesus carried out the salvation of those who rebelled but would willingly repent.

Its a well written story that way. Too bad its only a story.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

osgart wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:22 am Nahh i would of sought out God, and ate from the tree of life. This reality bites the dust. All Adam and Eve did was already in their hearts to do. They had every good thing otherwise then what they did. They had freedom and chose defiance. Why defy God? They could have known life instead of good and evil knowledge.

Not that this story is reality, but they chose a lie, when they could have known what everything was all about by eating any other tree. Its a matter of trusting whats worth trusting, vs. A deceiver who cares nothing for anything, has no sincerity, and only cares for itself.

The Garden of Eden had it all, every good way in every other tree, and every bad way all in one tree. Adam and Eve could have had it all and failed the test of heart God gave them.

All the trees in the Garden reveal is whats inside their own hearts. If they would have chose life they would have found unending pure love.

Evil blinds the heart to all good ways. A & E rebelled against the charity of life itself. They became outlaws, along with every one of their descendants.

And then with God, God mastered the defeat of evil so that only the innocent have eternal life, and Jesus carried out the salvation of those who rebelled but would willingly repent.

Well, lets see if we can chat about free will before I deal with some of the other points I do not agree with you on.

To exercise free will and choose good instead of evil or love over hate, one must know what good and evil and love and hate are. Right?

Your god denied that knowledge and thus denied A & E free will and the knowledge of love and how to love.

Regards
DL
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greatest I am wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:43 pm Satan gave man love.
interesting claim and one not heard before.

would welcome your views support said claim.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

oh - addendum - good to see you again.
all is wellish i hope?
Greta

Post by Greta »

Apparently there was a typo in the Gutenberg Bible that was never corrected. It was not actually "Satan" who did all those things claimed in the Bible but a fellow named STAN (actually Stanley "Sadducee" Cohen), a rogue Pharisee who annoyed his conservative colleagues enough for them to slander the hell out of him (so to speak) for political purposes.

The poor guy never caused original sin. Basically he just liked a drink.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

osgart wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:22 am Nahh i would of sought out God, and ate from the tree of life. This reality bites the dust. All Adam and Eve did was already in their hearts to do. They had every good thing otherwise then what they did. They had freedom and chose defiance. Why defy God? They could have known life instead of good and evil knowledge.

YHWH removed the other Tree - that of immortality - too.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greta wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:29 am Apparently there was a typo in the Gutenberg Bible that was never corrected. It was not actually "Satan" who did all those things claimed in the Bible but a fellow named STAN (actually Stanley "Sadducee" Cohen), a rogue Pharisee who annoyed his conservative colleagues enough for them to slander the hell out of him (so to speak) for political purposes.

actually it was not Satan either.

instead it was a talking snake.

as written in Gutenberg's Bible.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:13 am

Well, lets see if we can chat about free will before I deal with some of the other points I do not agree with you on.

To exercise free will and choose good instead of evil or love over hate, one must know what good and evil and love and hate are. Right?

Your god denied that knowledge and thus denied A & E free will and the knowledge of love and how to love.

Regards
DL
yes, agreed, man was just one of the "beasts of the field" (no frewill - just a product of programing) prior to eating of one of the two trees.

of course the story is flawed, becuase it requires freewill to eat of the tree in the first place...........but i do not think the author of the story was as anal as me in that regard in making his point.

which was the same point you make.
Greta

Post by Greta »

gaffo wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:42 am
Greta wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:29 am Apparently there was a typo in the Gutenberg Bible that was never corrected. It was not actually "Satan" who did all those things claimed in the Bible but a fellow named STAN (actually Stanley "Sadducee" Cohen), a rogue Pharisee who annoyed his conservative colleagues enough for them to slander the hell out of him (so to speak) for political purposes.

Even then, if it's a talking snake then Adam and Eve would have needed to speak Parceltongue - but very few wizards had the gift and most of them came from the line of Salazar Slytherin.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greta wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:28 am
gaffo wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:42 am

Even then, if it's a talking snake then Adam and Eve would have needed to speak Parceltongue - but very few wizards had the gift and most of them came from the line of Salazar Slytherin.

thanks for reply.

in the interest of accuracy, i must state that the "Talking Snake" was not a Snake prior to the event we are discussing, It was just a "talking" something - with appendeges of some sort.

YHWH removed those appendegese)sp) (flipers? fins? - lol) after it talked Eve to "sin" - thus turning him into a snake.

Jubaless' theme would assume/affirm said snake could still talk, only we can now no longer understand his speach.

due to the "original sin" of man (wall bet man and animals).
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

of course the theme of both the OT and NT is that that "wall" will be removed and we like St Francis will be able to talk to the animals (and vise verse) - and carnivores will become herbivores (lions will lie with the sheep).

at the "end of days".

i,e, the end of days = return of eden.

theme of both OT and NT (after the blood and war of the tribulations of course - sadly ;-(..........).
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

gaffo wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:19 am
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:43 pm Satan gave man love.
interesting claim and one not heard before.

would welcome your views support said claim.
A simple logic trail.
Love can be good or evil.
A & E could not know if it was good or evil till after they consumed the knowledge of good and evil.
The talking serpent helped A & E recognize that god did not want them to have any knowledge of anything, (the tree of knowledge is the tree of all knowledge as all knowledge is subject to being good or evil), and as scriptures say, tempted Eve to move her to do the right thing and become as gods, which god confirms in Gen 3.

Satan/talking serpent thus pushed Eve to the knowledge of love and it's good and evil aspects.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

gaffo wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:21 am oh - addendum - good to see you again.
all is wellish i hope?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EigVvZMw3Ds

Regards
DL
osgart

Post by osgart »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:13 am

Regards
DL

They had the presence of God, and the presence of Satan. As they experienced both of them, they already had sufficient understanding of good and evil. To eat from the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil was redundant, and therefore a waste of an action.

God did not create them without minds, and hearts.