Satan gave man love. Was it worth the hate?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Re: Satan gave man love. Was it worth the hate?

Post by Greatest I am »

osgart wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:42 am
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:10 am
osgart wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:19 pm

God made them with free will, and the capacity to understand, its implied. Of all the trees of the Garden you may freely eat, but for the knowledge of the tree of good and evil, for if you eat of that tree you shall surely die. A & E, made a choice, and their is no mention of programming to do it. It was a free choice, and God left them alone to make it.

You added all that programming stuff.
Some leeway is always required with myths.

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all sin by nature, then the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin. That being the case, for God to punish us for following the instincts and natures he put in us would be quite wrong.

Psalm 51:5 "Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me."

Regards
DL
The idea that their characters were put in them by God is yours alone. As they lived so to did they develope their own characters. God made them to develope their own characters as they saw fit. The only law God gave was to not choose to be evil enemies. But they did, and God allowed it.

Psalm 51:5 is absurd, a benevolent God , and a master creator would not make creatures to be born sinful. The Bible is incoherent myth for sure with many writers.

Aint it great though that in reality we choose our own makeup of character. Human nature isnt programmed. And human nature isnt programmed to sin.
Yes it is.

You are an evolving creature and must cooperate or compete constantly. Cooperation is seen as good and competition as evil. You must do evil.

Can you help but do evil? I do not see how. Do you?
And if you cannot, why would God punish you?

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by putting forward their free will argument and placing all the blame on mankind.
That usually sounds like ----God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy. Such statements simply avoid God's culpability as the author and creator of human nature.

Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all do evil/sin by nature then, the evil/sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not do evil/sin. Can we then help but do evil? I do not see how. Do you?

Having said the above for the God that I do not believe in, I am a Gnostic Christian naturalist, let me tell you that evil and sin is all human generated and in this sense, I agree with Christians, but for completely different reasons. Evil is mankind’s responsibility and not some imaginary God’s. Free will is something that can only be taken. Free will cannot be given not even by a God unless it has been forcibly withheld.

Much has been written to explain evil and sin but I see as a natural part of evolution.

Consider.
First, let us eliminate what some see as evil. Natural disasters. These are unthinking occurrences and are neither good nor evil. There is no intent to do evil even as victims are created. Without intent to do evil, no act should be called evil.
In secular courts, this is called mens rea. Latin for an evil mind or intent and without it, the court will not find someone guilty even if they know that they are the perpetrator of the act.

Evil then is only human to human when they know they are doing evil and intend harm.

As evolving creatures, all we ever do, and ever can do, is compete or cooperate.
Cooperation we would see as good as there are no victims created. Competition would be seen as evil as it creates a victim. We all are either cooperating, doing good, or competing, doing evil, at all times.

Without us doing some of both, we would likely go extinct.

This, to me, explains why there is evil in the world quite well.

Be you a believer in nature, evolution or God, you should see that what Christians see as something to blame, evil, we should see that what we have, competition, deserves a huge thanks for being available to us. Wherever it came from, God or nature, without evolution we would go extinct. We must do good and evil.

There is no conflict between nature and God on this issue. This is how things are and should be. We all must do what some will think is evil as we compete and create losers to this competition.

This link speak to theistic evolution.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-new ... 66/?no-ist

If theistic evolution is true, then the myth of Eden should be read as a myth and there is not really any original sin.

Doing evil then is actually forced on us by evolution and the need to survive. Our default position is to cooperate or to do good. I offer this clip as proof of this. You will note that we default to good as it is better for survival.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBW5vdhr_PA

Regards
DL
osgart

Post by osgart »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:53 pm
osgart wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:42 am
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:10 am Some leeway is always required with myths.

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all sin by nature, then the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin. That being the case, for God to punish us for following the instincts and natures he put in us would be quite wrong.

Psalm 51:5 "Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me."

Regards
DL
The idea that their characters were put in them by God is yours alone. As they lived so to did they develope their own characters. God made them to develope their own characters as they saw fit. The only law God gave was to not choose to be evil enemies. But they did, and God allowed it.

Psalm 51:5 is absurd, a benevolent God , and a master creator would not make creatures to be born sinful. The Bible is incoherent myth for sure with many writers.

Aint it great though that in reality we choose our own makeup of character. Human nature isnt programmed. And human nature isnt programmed to sin.
Yes it is.

You are an evolving creature and must cooperate or compete constantly. Cooperation is seen as good and competition as evil. You must do evil.

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by putting forward their free will argument and placing all the blame on mankind.
That usually sounds like ----God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy. Such statements simply avoid God's culpability as the author and creator of human nature.

Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all do evil/sin by nature then, the evil/sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not do evil/sin. Can we then help but do evil? I do not see how. Do you?

Having said the above for the God that I do not believe in, I am a Gnostic Christian naturalist, let me tell you that evil and sin is all human generated and in this sense, I agree with Christians, but for completely different reasons. Evil is mankind’s responsibility and not some imaginary God’s. Free will is something that can only be taken. Free will cannot be given not even by a God unless it has been forcibly withheld.

Much has been written to explain evil and sin but I see as a natural part of evolution.

Consider.
First, let us eliminate what some see as evil. Natural disasters. These are unthinking occurrences and are neither good nor evil. There is no intent to do evil even as victims are created. Without intent to do evil, no act should be called evil.
In secular courts, this is called mens rea. Latin for an evil mind or intent and without it, the court will not find someone guilty even if they know that they are the perpetrator of the act.

Evil then is only human to human when they know they are doing evil and intend harm.

As evolving creatures, all we ever do, and ever can do, is compete or cooperate.
Cooperation we would see as good as there are no victims created. Competition would be seen as evil as it creates a victim. We all are either cooperating, doing good, or competing, doing evil, at all times.

Without us doing some of both, we would likely go extinct.

This, to me, explains why there is evil in the world quite well.

Be you a believer in nature, evolution or God, you should see that what Christians see as something to blame, evil, we should see that what we have, competition, deserves a huge thanks for being available to us. Wherever it came from, God or nature, without evolution we would go extinct. We must do good and evil.

There is no conflict between nature and God on this issue. This is how things are and should be. We all must do what some will think is evil as we compete and create losers to this competition.

This link speak to theistic evolution.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-new ... 66/?no-ist

If theistic evolution is true, then the myth of Eden should be read as a myth and there is not really any original sin.

Doing evil then is actually forced on us by evolution and the need to survive. Our default position is to cooperate or to do good. I offer this clip as proof of this. You will note that we default to good as it is better for survival.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBW5vdhr_PA

Regards
DL
Competition is made to create the best alternatives. I do not see it as being evil. The losers of a competition must find what they are best at, when defeated. The losers of a competition are not murdered, nor destroyed.

Reality is totally indifferent to good and evil, and so is whatever created us by means of evolution.

I do not accept the conclusion that we are born preprogrammed as your video assumes to know. A baby is learning even from the womb, and they are learning entirely from nothing. No one has proof otherwise. Babies learn quickly, so quickly in fact that it may seem like they are programmed to some.

Humans are not evil by nature. We have to learn to survive from nothing. The only necessary evil there is, is to kill other animals for food.

We invent ourselves with limited resources in a brutely indifferent reality.

Good and evil is a discovery. All knowledge is either invented or discovered.

The myth of Eden is nothing more then an ok story made to teach a moral. I do not take The Bible as a whole.

The idea of a creator is unproven. While i believe some crude intelligence is behind it, nothing is known about it.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

osgart wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:03 pm
Competition is made to create the best alternatives. I do not see it as being evil.
Neither do I and I did not say it was.
The losers of a competition must find what they are best at, when defeated. The losers of a competition are not murdered, nor destroyed.
Correct, that is why the loser would see his loss as evil as compared to the winner felling good.
Reality is totally indifferent to good and evil, and so is whatever created us by means of evolution.
To the larger reality, I agree. To the loser's individual reality. I do not agree and neither will the loser.
I do not accept the conclusion that we are born preprogrammed as your video assumes to know.
??

You do not think man has instincts? Ok. That would make us the only animal on the planet without them buy Ok.
A baby is learning even from the womb, and they are learning entirely from nothing. No one has proof otherwise. Babies learn quickly, so quickly in fact that it may seem like they are programmed to some.
It seems like it because they are.
Humans are not evil by nature. We have to learn to survive from nothing. The only necessary evil there is, is to kill other animals for food.
From nothing. No selfish gene?

Hmm. We do not compete for mating rites? I cannot agree with that.

The myth of Eden is nothing more then an ok story made to teach a moral. I do not take The Bible as a whole.

The idea of a creator is unproven. While i believe some crude intelligence is behind it, nothing is known about it.
[/quote]

You have what religionists would call faith and what I call faith without facts.

Belief is led by facts and I think you misuse belief for faith.

What moral lesson does Eden give you?

Christians see a fall while Jews see an elevation. What camp do you fall into?

Regards
DL
osgart

Post by osgart »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:16 pm
Competition is made to create the best alternatives. I do not see it as being evil.
The losers of a competition must find what they are best at, when defeated. The losers of a competition are not murdered, nor destroyed.
Correct, that is why the loser would see his loss as evil as compared to the winner felling good.
To the larger reality, I agree. To the loser's individual reality. I do not agree and neither will the loser.
I do not accept the conclusion that we are born preprogrammed as your video assumes to know.
??

You do not think man has instincts? Ok. That would make us the only animal on the planet without them buy Ok.
A baby is learning even from the womb, and they are learning entirely from nothing. No one has proof otherwise. Babies learn quickly, so quickly in fact that it may seem like they are programmed to some.

You have what religionists would call faith and what I call faith without facts.

Regards
DL
[/quote]

Instincts are senses and perception, something you develope.

Eden depends on how you interpret the story. God is implied to be good and just, and cannot tell a lie. God can deceive, but can do no harm to what is good. From there the story is that God made them perfect, and ideal. God did not create automatons, God created life, life is free to become as chooses, there is no other way of it. Satan is set up in the story as a liar, thief, and murderer. Experience is a type of learning and knowledge. God taught them in presence everything they needed to know, and they rebelled. That is the story i know. From there its a fall into a state of rebellion against God.

I suppose i could create the story any other way differently.

As far as my belief goes, i have faith in goodness, noneso in evil. My belief in some form of a creator does not mean that eternal life exists. It may, but i cant see how.

Evil is to intend and do harm and destruction to those whom mean no harm nor destruction.

Good is to mean and do well for others as self according to what is innocent.

The Bible is full of erroneous judgments on what is good and evil. The Bible is incoherent, not to be trusted as a source of moral knowledge.

When i was a kid , i had a picture bible. I used to think Satan and God were a team. One a master of consequences, the other a master of reward.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

osgart wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:25 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:16 pm
??

Regards
DL
Instincts are senses and perception, something you develope.

Eden depends on how you interpret the story. God is implied to be good and just, and cannot tell a lie. God can deceive, but can do no harm to what is good. From there the story is that God made them perfect, and ideal. God did not create automatons, God created life, life is free to become as chooses, there is no other way of it. Satan is set up in the story as a liar, thief, and murderer. Experience is a type of learning and knowledge. God taught them in presence everything they needed to know, and they rebelled. That is the story i know. From there its a fall into a state of rebellion against God.

I suppose i could create the story any other way differently.

As far as my belief goes, i have faith in goodness, noneso in evil. My belief in some form of a creator does not mean that eternal life exists. It may, but i cant see how.

Evil is to intend and do harm and destruction to those whom mean no harm nor destruction.

Good is to mean and do well for others as self according to what is innocent.

The Bible is full of erroneous judgments on what is good and evil. The Bible is incoherent, not to be trusted as a source of moral knowledge.

When i was a kid , i had a picture bible. I used to think Satan and God were a team. One a master of consequences, the other a master of reward.
[/quote]

I see it more the Jewish way with Satan as god's Loyal Opposition. Somewhat like a democratic government when it does not have a strong enough opposition for debates of policy.

" God made them perfect, and ideal."

If being too stupid to know you are naked and how to reproduce and have no moral sense due to lack of knowledge, is ideal and perfect, then I do not know the definition of ideal and perfect.

Perfect idiots perhaps.

Regards
DL
osgart

Post by osgart »

They did not know they were naked because they had no shame of it, in their perfectly naive innocence. Everything they learned was starting from nothing.

God screwed up so bad the first time by making his first creation perfectly knowledgeable, and thus perfectly dangerous.

So God decided to make his other creations perfectly naive.

To be alive is to choose who you are though, no way around it.

I think it impossible to be created without having to choose who you are. Evil would not have existed, we all would have been born true love, end of story.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

osgart wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:38 am They did not know they were naked because they had no shame of it, in their perfectly naive innocence. Everything they learned was starting from nothing.

God screwed up so bad the first time by making his first creation perfectly knowledgeable, and thus perfectly dangerous.

So God decided to make his other creations perfectly naive.

To be alive is to choose who you are though, no way around it.

I think it impossible to be created without having to choose who you are. Evil would not have existed, we all would have been born true love, end of story.
"God screwed up so bad the first time by making his first creation perfectly knowledgeable,"

What are you talking about with this reboot notion?

Regards
DL
osgart

Post by osgart »

I am talking about the anointed cherub in ezekiel 28. God made him perfect in all his ways. A cherub is the highest ranking angel. He was perfect til iniquity was found in him.

God made something perfect, and it became a terror.

Its as if God did not realize from the first that God's created beings would take to iniquity. Perhaps God never heard of iniquity before it happened.

1/3 of the angels fell. They were all made with power, and wisdom.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

osgart wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:25 pm
I am talking about the anointed cherub in ezekiel 28. God made him perfect in all his ways. A cherub is the highest ranking angel. He was perfect til iniquity was found in him.

God made something perfect, and it became a terror.
Scriptures say that perfection can only produce perfection. They also say that god knows all things, past present and future since he is the creator and sustainer of all life.
Its as if God did not realize from the first that God's created beings would take to iniquity. Perhaps God never heard of iniquity before it happened.
God, as the creator and source of iniquity would have put that in Satan when he created her. No surprises for an all knowing god thank you.
1/3 of the angels fell. They were all made with power, and wisdom.
Yes, If I believed in the supernatural, which I don't, and you do, then you must god as a real poor creator if he can mess us that much of heaven.

So why think that such a poor creator is god?

He sounds more like the incompetent demiurge that Gnostic Christians have named him from the conception of the bible.

Not even to mention his satanic genocidal ways.

Regards
DL
osgart

Post by osgart »

God aint real is how i really feel. The Bible is full of erroneous judgments from ancient sand dwellers. They cant keep the story straight and its amazing that the book caught on like wild fire. Its pure nonsense.

With the exception of Eden story, and a few other curiosities, id trash the whole thing. Its a historical artifact though, so its valuable in that sense.

:twisted:

If i were God, i'd make an loyal opposition anti God equal.
Iron sharpeneth iron.

:mrgreen:

I think Satan would be a fine name for an anti God.

But Satan is portrayed much worse in the Bible. Or rather as defined by Christians. Satan is made out to be a master liar, thief, and murderer. The one who devours souls, and is so powerful only God can defeat him. A hunter of precious innocent souls.

I have been around a lot of Christians, and they interpret the Bible just that way. But i know theres a plenty of other ways to interpret the Bible. But in the end the story contradicts itself, and doesnt hold together well.

Time for a new bible. Mythology is interesting.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

osgart wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:39 pm God aint real is how i really feel. The Bible is full of erroneous judgments from ancient sand dwellers. They cant keep the story straight and its amazing that the book caught on like wild fire. Its pure nonsense.

With the exception of Eden story, and a few other curiosities, id trash the whole thing. Its a historical artifact though, so its valuable in that sense.

:twisted:

If i were God, i'd make an loyal opposition anti God equal.
Iron sharpeneth iron.

:mrgreen:

I think Satan would be a fine name for an anti God.

But Satan is portrayed much worse in the Bible. Or rather as defined by Christians. Satan is made out to be a master liar, thief, and murderer. The one who devours souls, and is so powerful only God can defeat him. A hunter of precious innocent souls.

I have been around a lot of Christians, and they interpret the Bible just that way. But i know theres a plenty of other ways to interpret the Bible. But in the end the story contradicts itself, and doesnt hold together well.

Time for a new bible. Mythology is interesting.
No argument other than to sharpen properly, the last thing you use is a metal identical to the other. It must be softer or harder.

I was in the business if you doubt that.

Regards
DL
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:55 pm
gaffo wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:21 am oh - addendum - good to see you again.
all is wellish i hope?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EigVvZMw3Ds

Regards
DL
nice song, and good to hear you are well. that song's lyrics reminded me of my girlfriend - who wears jeans too tight all the time ;-) - and she being born with "back" (ya she's a lovely Black gal), makes it all the better for me. Of course i'm White as white can be, and live in the Bible belt - but over the last 1.5 yrs, not noted any racist looks or remarks when out in public, so that is good.

not that i'd give a damn about asshats anyway - just would not like for my gal to have to deal with it.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greatest I am wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:10 am
osgart wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:19 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:20 pm

Your assumption is not following the story line so I doubt that we will get far.

How could they have knowledge and understanding of good and evil before consuming the knowledge of what good and evil from the knowledge tree?

Regards
DL
God made them with free will, and the capacity to understand, its implied. Of all the trees of the Garden you may freely eat, but for the knowledge of the tree of good and evil, for if you eat of that tree you shall surely die. A & E, made a choice, and their is no mention of programming to do it. It was a free choice, and God left them alone to make it.

You added all that programming stuff.
Some leeway is always required with myths.

Regards
DL
agreed - well said.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

QuantumT wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:39 pm 1st: Satan and Lucifer are not necessarily the same. And none of them are the snake of Eden. Satan is a servant of God, who tests his subjects. Lucifers identity is unknown. And the snake was just a snake.

Correct! Lucifer - referenced in Isaiah? (written 700 BC (part of at least - there are three parts - sep by 100 yrs or more for each part )aditions). Biblical Historicans think that Lucifer was in reference to an Eyptian god link to the planet Venus who the author of Isaiah was refering to.

QuantumT wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:39 pm 2nd: It was the knowledge to see right from wrong that the fruit gave Alice and Bob. Stan the snake was then punnished by crawling in the earths dust forever (we could assume it had legs in Eden).
Why was that knowledge so bad?
yep, and it was "so bad" - its all in the work Genesis!) - read it, you can see that YHWH (and his Brothers/Sisters (the US/WE throughout that work - Genesis is a Polytheistic work) became fearful that man might equal them in Power and Might (and overthow them - like what happened in other Pantheons (summarian and Greeks for example).

So - although YHWH lied to Eve about the ToK (the Snake set her straight), he removed the ToL(life-imortaliity) from the Garden - AFTER Adam/Eve ate of the ToK and got stuck half way to god-hood with "eyes opened" (self aware/wise beings....................that equal God and his Brothers and Sisters.............but DIE................and so not a threat to YHWH and his borhter's MOT/BAAL or their dad El.since they never die (having eaten of the ToL at some earlier time?).

Had Adam/Eve eaten of the other tree we would have become another YHWH.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greta wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:09 pm
QuantumT wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:39 pmSatan and Lucifer are not necessarily the same.
That's news to me. Which is the same or different?

Beelzebub
Disparaging reference to the Cananite God Baal (and Brother of Yahweh (who are both Sons of El)), used in the time of Christ when Baal had become removed from belief in my the Jews (i.e. Yahwehist reformationists over centuries have written out all the other Jewish God from cultural memory (Yahweh being son of El (instead they become the same God), Ashira, Yahweh's wife - removed for memory utterly, Baal no longer Yahweh's Brother, but a foreign God, and latter a non-existant god like God's Wife - worthy only of commanding FLIES!!!!

Baal "lord of the Flies"

Greta wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:09 pm the devil
generic term.

can refer to Beelzebub (and so Baal indirectly), the "snake" in genesis, Lucifer. or Satan (Belial - name given Satan in Qumran Scrolls/Iblis - name given in Koran).
Greta wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:09 pm The Lord of Darkness (no, not Voldemort or Sauron :)

same as Devil - refer above.
Greta wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:09 pm the antichrist

Nero was the Antichrist (its 616 not 666 BTW.

conventional christology ignores that Nero was the Antichrist and claims:

This being is to be a future mortal man (not the same being as the False Prophet, who will also be a mortal (the right hand man for the antichrist bascially), who shall serve Satan's means and ends regarding the Endtime result Satan strugles toward (winning his war against God and ruling both Earth and Heaven (and assume thowring YHWH into a deep pit like He did to Satan prior).

Greta wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:09 pm Mephistopheles
Diabolus

sorry i don't know these beings. Greek?

cannot comment.
Greta wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:09 pm Hades
Greek god of the dead, member of the Greek Pantheon (and so not a member of the Cananite family tree) - i.e. foreign God.

Greta wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:09 pm Abaddon/Apollyon
Angel of War - Abaddon/Apollyon (same being - former in Qumran Scroll/latter in The Apocalypse - fight against Satan on God's side (i.e. God's main soldier (along with Micheal, and maybe? Gabrial).