gods omniscience and tequila

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Kayla

gods omniscience and tequila

Post by Kayla »

God is omniscient, right

so, this means that god know what it feels like to be the person who downs 20 shots of tequila, barfs on their date, and wakes up with a vicious hangover in ER

but how does God come to have this knowledge - it is easy enough to understand how he might have objective knowledge of such things, down to the individual quantum particle - but that is not the same thing as knowing how that actually feels

thoughts?
Philosophy Explorer

Re: gods omniscience and tequila

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Kayla wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:53 pm God is omniscient, right

so, this means that god know what it feels like to be the person who downs 20 shots of tequila, barfs on their date, and wakes up with a vicious hangover in ER

but how does God come to have this knowledge - it is easy enough to understand how he might have objective knowledge of such things, down to the individual quantum particle - but that is not the same thing as knowing how that actually feels

thoughts?
It would be God's business how he acquired such knowledge.

🇺🇲PhilX🇺🇲
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

"He"?
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Arising_uk wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:02 am "He"?
That's how it is in the Bible.

🇺🇲PhilX🇺🇲
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Shows what a load of old cobblers that is then.
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:14 pm It would be God's business how he acquired such knowledge.
god does make a fair bit of his business known to humanity, and there is nothing to suggest he does not want humanity finding out more about him

i did not think of this question myself, a visiting Canadian drank most of my tequila and posed that question

he insists that it is a matter of a priori reasoning that the only way God (or anyone) could acquire such knowledge is by actually doing 20 tequila shots, barfing on his date, and waking up in ER with a vicious hangover. However, my sister in law insists that this is just a grown up version of the old question often posed by children - if God is everywhere, is God in the toilet?
uwot

Post by uwot »

It looks like a variation of Mary's Room. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knowledge_argument Does god know everything about your hangover theoretically, or does he also feel how you feel to be you, the morning after?
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

i read Jung's "Answer to job" a while back - Jung thought that God had to become human so that God could actually obtain subjective experience of what it is like to be human

in Jung's view, the reason God acts like such a total douche in Job is that he simply has no clue of what it is like to be human - as shown by his 'i am so great and i could squash you like a bug' speech to Job
Greta

Post by Greta »

Kayla wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:53 pm God is omniscient, right

thoughts?
Based on the more usual panentheist and pantheist models, God's right in there with you getting smashed.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Kayla wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:53 pm thoughts?
Taking on Karma
https://www.maharajji.com/miracle-of-lo ... karma.html

What if any meaning do you see in the anecdote in relation to your topic?