Original Sin is a hoax!

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

commonsense

Original Sin is a hoax!

Post by commonsense »

Original Blessing is purported to have replaced Original Sin. Original Blessing is not a new concept, just new to me.

Before Adam took the Apple, when humans were originally created, there was no sin. Humans and God and nature were in harmony. Sin was still possible, but it just did not exist at the time of human creation.

Everything that follows from Original Sin is now turned on its head. Humans are not inherently sinners. They do not, as a routine matter, need to be saved by Jesus. They don’t even need to have a relationship with God.

Really?
Philosophy Explorer

Re: Original Sin is a hoax!

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

commonsense wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:43 pm Original Blessing is purported to have replaced Original Sin. Original Blessing is not a new concept, just new to me.

Before Adam took the Apple, when humans were originally created, there was no sin. Humans and God and nature were in harmony. Sin was still possible, but it just did not exist at the time of human creation.

Everything that follows from Original Sin is now turned on its head. Humans are not inherently sinners. They do not, as a routine matter, need to be saved by Jesus. They don’t even need to have a relationship with God.

Really?
Wasn't it Eve who took the fruit from the tree? (the apple is only someone's guess) It's said the knowledge opened Adam and Eve's eyes which I don't equate to sin even though it went against God's orders simply because they didn't know any better. Again since it was Eve who directly disobeyed God, why hold Adam responsible?

Also I don't regard the fruit as the tree of knowledge itself which would leave Adam innocent.

🇺🇲PhilX🇺🇲
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:27 am
commonsense wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:43 pm Original Blessing is purported to have replaced Original Sin. Original Blessing is not a new concept, just new to me.

Really?
Wasn't it Eve who took the fruit from the tree? (the apple is only someone's guess) It's said the knowledge opened Adam and Eve's eyes which I don't equate to sin even though it went against God's orders simply because they didn't know any better. Again since it was Eve who directly disobeyed God, why hold Adam responsible?

Also I don't regard the fruit as the tree of knowledge itself which would leave Adam innocent.

🇺🇲PhilX🇺🇲
Wasn’t God’s admonishment not to eat of the fruit the tree, rather than not to take from it? Besides, co- conspirators are guilty, too.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

First a quote from the New International Version:

"but God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die."

If Eve is a co-conspirator, then God must be one too since He allowed events to develop where he was disobeyed. Were Adam and Eve punished for touching the tree (which Adam didn't) or were they punished for just eating the fruit? Since A & E had no knowledge of good from evil, then they were treated worse than children and there shouldn't be original sin since they had no knowledge of it before eating the fruit (nor Eve touching the tree). Furthermore realizing they were naked I don't count as a sin (otherwise you couldn't even have marriages).

🇺🇲PhilX🇺🇲
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:58 pm First a quote from the New International Version:

"but God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die."

If Eve is a co-conspirator, then God must be one too since He allowed events to develop where he was disobeyed. Were Adam and Eve punished for touching the tree (which Adam didn't) or were they punished for just eating the fruit? Since A & E had no knowledge of good from evil, then they were treated worse than children and there shouldn't be original sin since they had no knowledge of it before eating the fruit (nor Eve touching the tree). Furthermore realizing they were naked I don't count as a sin (otherwise you couldn't even have marriages).

🇺🇲PhilX🇺🇲
Yes, but I thought Eve was the perp and Adam was the co-conspirator. Maybe God was the victim.