Life is not Religious. Life is not a Religion.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

Re: Life is not Religious. Life is not a Religion.

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:55 am Just because I choose to talk about nonduality does that make me a mental nutcase or a schizophrenic or something?
No, but being mentally erratic and inconsistent while denying your own obvious self and need that is being communicated seems a bit mental.

Some of what you say is challenged, but you ignore it, and claim it doesn't exist, so naturally people start assessing why you are doing that rather than just engaging in the discussion and exploring honestly. If you're not able or willing to respond or clarify when there are questions and challenges, there is no discussion. It's just you listening to yourself talk in front of a bunch of people... and telling us "how it is". Why would we (i.e. other parts of the whole) have any interest in that? You don't "know". You're one of many, and your own influences are affecting you whether you realize and take responsibility for it or not.

What do you expect when you talk AT other humans, rather than acknowledging/accepting that you are one as well?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Responding to your OP...
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:31 pm Religions are all about beliefs. However, there is no such believer.
Your claim ("there is no such believer") shuts the door on acknowledging the many aspects of our experience. This is how you're setting the stage for what you want to talk about. Correct?
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:31 pmLife is Non-dual, in every which way, shape, and form. Nondualism has absolutely nothing to do with belief.
Again, your claim ignores any potential for the many aspects of our experience. You're setting the stage in a certain way.

Now that you've claimed how it ultimately/truly is, you're going to claim what is NOT that. Correct? Isn't that dualism?
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:31 pmWhen are we going to stop pussy footing around playing with stupid old worn out ideas about believers and non-believers, and actually develop and evolve into the buddhas we were born as, but have temporarily forgotten about, devolved away from.
Here are my questions for you...

Why do you imagine that it is not as it should be?

What sense does it make that those who are parts of ONE, and have temporarily "forgotten" or are selectively experiencing, are in NEED of stopping what they're doing? What difference does it make? It doesn't change who they are, does it?

Does it make more sense that the buddhas are off the rails, or that they're just having fun on a roller coaster?

Do you ask these kinds of questions, yourself? I would like to hear your answers.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:31 pmAny discussion regarding the idea of religion is a waste of time, it puts one in a tail chasing scenario of arguing against an ''I'm right'', and another ''I'm right''.
I agree that it is a superficial activity on the Earth stage... and that it denies the unity behind all. I would prefer that there were no religions... but rather gratitude and appreciation for all. No false idols. :) No over-bloated egos playing God and oppressing others.

The way I see/explain it: Infinite potential is playing out all possibilities. Exploring... dueling with itself, perhaps. Great fun (in some ways)... who/what will prevail... now... later... (perhaps it's all happening simultaneously)? And, like an online game in which you represent multiple characters of different attributes, and multiple lifetimes, the interactions and outcomes matter in the moment for whatever reasons, but ultimately they are a brushstroke in an ever-flowing creation/experience. Is it not entertainment?
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:31 pm..why not just discuss what is really actually going on here. And move away from belief for good, and focus on the clarity that is blindingly staring us in the face, waiting for us to wake up.
So, why must we wake up? Is it going to change who we are? Why not have fun in the dream? If we wake up, then what?

What IS "actually going on here"? Do you want to claim that you know, and wake everyone up because you're not having fun in the dream? :D There are so many ways to look at this. Why do you think it has to be experienced a certain way? And why do you think we're NOT who we should be?

I think these are valid and worthwhile questions in direct response to what you've claimed. Answering them might reveal your own investment, limitations, and resistance, which may not be your intention, but why not explore honestly what you've presented here? Otherwise, it just ends up being a rant with the doors closed, right?
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:55 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:36 amThat was why I suggested in good faith to Dontaskme to have a mental check-up just in case that could be something not ordinary.
You see, you are doing it again, you know damn well, the character is an illusory creation of the brain, and yet you have to play the role of God and jury don't you.

You know absolutely nothing about me. Your assumptions are totally unfounded and based on your own conditioning and belief structure.

Just because I choose to talk about nonduality does that make me a mental nutcase or a schizophrenic or something? Could you ever believe for one moment that I might even be the most sane woman on earth right now? does that thought ever cross your mind, or do you always like to label what you don't understand ..a person who talk likes this must be a sign of madness?
Note I did that out of concern for another human being.
You have "free will" and can use your discretion to ignore it.

It is a matter of just in case.
I understand the concept of non-duality within spiritual and philosophy within rational views but there is also another aspect to it that can take it to the extreme as in most mental cases.
From what you have posted, I note there is something odd about it, thus my suggestion.
More so, when your experiences are did not arise from following any of the traditional spiritual groups but came out of nowhere.

As I had claimed I am very voracious and aggressive to gather knowledge when it comes to topics that I am interested and researched into.

The experience or awareness of non-duality can arise and happen in many mental cases and the use of drugs and hallucinogens.

Note the mental case of depersonalization;
Depersonalization can consist of a detachment within the self, regarding one's mind or body, or being a detached observer of oneself.
Chronic depersonalization refers to depersonalization-derealization disorder, which is classified by the DSM-5 as a dissociative disorder.

of depersonalization and derealization can happen to anyone who is subject to temporary anxiety or stress..

Depersonalization-derealization is the single most important symptom in the spectrum of dissociative disorders, including dissociative identity disorder and "dissociative disorder not otherwise specified" (DD-NOS). It is also a prominent symptom in some other non-dissociative disorders, such as anxiety disorders, clinical depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia,[3] schizoid personality disorder, hypothyroidism or endocrine disorders,[4] schizotypal personality disorder, borderline personality disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, migraines, and sleep deprivation; it can also be a symptom of some types of neurological seizure and can indicate low levels of brain serotonin.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depersonalization
Also note 'dissociation'
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociation_(psychology)
In psychology, dissociation is any of a wide array of experiences from mild detachment from immediate surroundings to more severe detachment from physical and emotional experiences.
The major characteristic of all dissociative phenomena involves a detachment from reality, rather than a loss of reality as in psychosis.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:41 pm
Some of what you say is challenged, but you ignore it, and claim it doesn't exist, so naturally people start assessing why you are doing that rather than just engaging in the discussion and exploring honestly.
What do you believe there is to challenge here in this dicussion about reality that is Nondual?

This one here is exploring the idea that there is no one inside my head known as a person. And that the concept person is just a known concept, the concept has never been seen or experienced directly, all that is known is the direct experience of being. Everything else is an inference overlay upon that being, an illusion.

Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:41 pm If you're not able or willing to respond or clarify when there are questions and challenges, there is no discussion.
There can be discussion about reality that is Nondual..but there will be no opposition.

Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:41 pm It's just you listening to yourself talk in front of a bunch of people... and telling us "how it is".
There's just what's arising as words exchanged between minds, and what's arising is many appearances of the one Nondual reality. ( Reality is not ''how it is'') Reality can only ever be ''what is'' ...everything else is an interpretaion, and illusory overlay upon 'what is'

No one knows what ( ''what is'') is...except what the mind interprets...albeit illusory, the mind likes to run away with the story because that's all it knows...albeit illusory.
Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:41 pmWhy would we (i.e. other parts of the whole) have any interest in that? You don't "know". You're one of many, and your own influences are affecting you whether you realize and take responsibility for it or not.
Interest, taking responsibilty, affecting, influencing...all are appearances, happenings within YOU, but not YOU...as YOU aka Awareness never happens.
Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:41 pmWhat do you expect when you talk AT other humans, rather than acknowledging/accepting that you are one as well?
There is HERE nowhere, only minds communicating to other minds..aka exchanging knowledge...all sourced in Not-knowing awareness (YOU)
Awareness aware of itself.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Religions are all about beliefs. However, there is no such believer.
Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:45 pmYour claim ("there is no such believer") shuts the door on acknowledging the many aspects of our experience. This is how you're setting the stage for what you want to talk about. Correct?
There is no believer, or claimer...there is belief arising here now nowhere to no one.
There is an awareness of a believer, and a claimer, but that which is aware is not a believer or a claimer...it just IS..this isness is without attribute.
Life is Non-dual, in every which way, shape, and form. Nondualism has absolutely nothing to do with belief.
Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:45 pmAgain, your claim ignores any potential for the many aspects of our experience.
Try to look at what is being pointed to here, rather than get caught up in the net of I.
There is no claimer, claims are appearances in you, but not you. The person claiming to know knowledge is the experience no one is having, it's a mentally created experience. The smelling of a rose is an experience ..no one has an experience, there is just the experience no one is having. For who knows experience but awareness only? Awareness is everything and every experience...BUT,awareness is not an experience, you cannot experience awareness ..you are it.
Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:45 pmNow that you've claimed how it ultimately/truly is, you're going to claim what is NOT that. Correct? Isn't that dualism?
Nonduality is duality, so yes in answer to that question.

Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:45 pmWhy do you imagine that it is not as it should be?
There is only 'what is' and 'what is' can never be anything other than that else it would be what is isn't.
'what is' also includes 'what isn't' ...
Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:45 pmWhat sense does it make that those who are parts of ONE, and have temporarily "forgotten" or are selectively experiencing, are in NEED of stopping what they're doing? What difference does it make? It doesn't change who they are, does it?
No it doesn't make any sense to say there is a NEED to awaken, but that calling from another mind is just part and parcel of what's happening to no one. And no it makes no difference to the 'what is'...it doesn't change anything in reality, nor does it change the imagined entities way of being and viewing the world according to it's beliefs and conditionings. All that appears to be happening (apparently) is minds communicating with other minds, and those minds are either agreeing, disagreeing, ignoring, understanding or not understanding what is being exchanged...this is all phenomena arising to no one, here nowhere, while awareness (YOU) pervades it all...looks on in detachment.
Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:45 pmDoes it make more sense that the buddhas are off the rails, or that they're just having fun on a roller coaster?
I understand what you are saying...but to me nothing really makes sense, there's just what's arising here nowhere, it's all the dance of the one...all of it no matter how or what form it appears.

Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:45 pmDo you ask these kinds of questions, yourself? I would like to hear your answers.
I don't ask questions to myself anymore. I know what I am because I know what I am not..please don't ask me to repeat it all again. I've talked about this many times.
Any discussion regarding the idea of religion is a waste of time, it puts one in a tail chasing scenario of arguing against an ''I'm right'', and another ''I'm right''.
Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:45 pmI agree that it is a superficial activity on the Earth stage... and that it denies the unity behind all. I would prefer that there were no religions... but rather gratitude and appreciation for all. No false idols. :) No over-bloated egos playing God and oppressing others.
I concur.
Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:45 pmThe way I see/explain it: Infinite potential is playing out all possibilities. Exploring... dueling with itself, perhaps. Great fun (in some ways)... who/what will prevail... now... later... (perhaps it's all happening simultaneously)? And, like an online game in which you represent multiple characters of different attributes, and multiple lifetimes, the interactions and outcomes matter in the moment for whatever reasons, but ultimately they are a brushstroke in an ever-flowing creation/experience. Is it not entertainment?
I concur.
..why not just discuss what is really actually going on here. And move away from belief for good, and focus on the clarity that is blindingly staring us in the face, waiting for us to wake up.
Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:45 pmSo, why must we wake up? Is it going to change who we are? Why not have fun in the dream? If we wake up, then what?
We don't have to wake up, besides, we don't wake up, there is no one here to wake up. Waking up is a spontaneous occurance that happens all by itself if it's meant to happen just as everything happens as it's meant to happen and no force on earth will make any thing happen if it's not meant to happen. All that happens with awakening is the drop that once believed or thought is was separate dissolves back into the ocean that it is.
Nothing happens when the drop realises it's just the ocean waving, it just relaxes more and allows itself to be waved without resistence.
Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:45 pmWhat IS "actually going on here"? Do you want to claim that you know, and wake everyone up because you're not having fun in the dream?
Nothing is going on here, there's just what's happening. This one here just happens to like discussing the topic of Nonduality,there is no other reason than the enjoyment of doing so.
I do not care about whether other people wake up or not, I really don't know if you can understand that I really do get an awful lot of enjoyment and fun when discussing nonduality on this forum. . and that's all there is to it, it's really no big deal, I have no agenda whatsoever other than to express myself in a Nondual context...because nonduality to me, is the truth, in my opinion...that doesn't mean it is, it's just my opinion which I believe I am more than entiltled to have. In fact I would even go one step further and say it's not even a belief anymore, it's just the way it is. Reality is Nondual fullstop.
Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:45 pmThere are so many ways to look at this. Why do you think it has to be experienced a certain way? And why do you think we're NOT who we should be?
I've never understood why you believe I think it has to be a certain way...I'm only expressing the way I see reality, I'm in no way forcing anyone else to see it my way. Other posters choose to read here and respond here at their will, no one is forcing anyone to believe anything or read this thread, it is what it is, take it or leave it, it's just another expression of the many.
Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:45 pmI think these are valid and worthwhile questions in direct response to what you've claimed. Answering them might reveal your own investment, limitations, and resistance, which may not be your intention, but why not explore honestly what you've presented here? Otherwise, it just ends up being a rant with the doors closed, right?
I've always been honest and straight up about everything, all I'm doing is expressing what is my experience. I'm not interested in whether other people agree or disagree with anything I say, I'm simply expressing my personal experience from the perpective of how I see reality.
Just as every other mind in living history has done the same.

For me personally, there is no one to know anything, and that all knowledge is sourced in not-knowing. And that the story of what we tell ourselves is all that can ever be known...and that is what usually sticks.

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:31 am Try to look at what is being pointed to here, rather than get caught up in the net of I.
I am looking closely and listening intently. :)
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:31 am > This one here just happens to like discussing the topic of Nonduality... /
> Nonduality is duality... /
> I'm not interested in whether other people agree or disagree with anything I say... /
So you're excluding parts, and not REALLY interested in a "discussion". Right? :D
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:31 amI don't ask questions to myself anymore.
But you asked the questions below... with noticeable human emotion, yes?
When are we going to stop pussy footing around playing with stupid old worn out ideas about believers and non-believers, and actually develop and evolve into the buddhas we were born as, but have temporarily forgotten about, devolved away from.
..why not just discuss what is really actually going on here. And move away from belief for good, and focus on the clarity that is blindingly staring us in the face, waiting for us to wake up.
Which relates to this...
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:31 amI've never understood why you believe I think it has to be a certain way...
Because you identify things that are NOT as they should be. And you "correct" people on "how it is", and you've told them they are blind and foolish to not see it. You know you've done this, right?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:31 amAll that appears to be happening (apparently) is minds communicating with other minds, and those minds are either agreeing, disagreeing, ignoring, understanding or not understanding what is being exchanged...
There appears to be more going on... involving the "self", and its creations and influences and needs. That is the part you seem to deny.

Talking about there being "no one" and "nowhere" may be fascinating in some respects, but it denies and ignores the other facets that are indeed in play, and that's why it seems dishonest, or even delusional. As has been noted previously, you have expressed inconsistencies and then claimed it's no one and nothing. However, you have also said things that show you do see someone and something. This is one of the reasons why it appears that you are manipulating your experience for "yourself". If you were really floating in a void as no one, what would be the reason for having these conversations on this forum? You have created your own version of the "no-one land" that is serving you.

Please understand that I (and others, I'm sure) do understand and have significant awareness of, and familiarity with, non-duality and the perspective of no-one and nothing and voids. :D Yes, it appears to be at the core of it all. But there are also these experiences and imaginings that we are each having, and all sharing -- and there's nothing wrong with that. In fact, it's pretty amazing and interesting and fun. Your non-duality obsession appears to be a way of denying all the rest of this. You don't seem to like being part of all the rest of this, nor being associated with anyone else. So non-duality seems to be an escape for you. Which would be fine if you didn't make contradictory statements or involve other people ("of this world"), and then dart away ("outside of this world"). You can't honestly deny existing, while existing just enough to chastise other people for existing. :)
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:31 am to me nothing really makes sense, there's just what's arising here nowhere, it's all the dance of the one...all of it no matter how or what form it appears.
You speak from and of your perspective... not for "the one".

Yes, it's all one (apparently)... but that one is clearly dancing as many. To say that you see/experience the dance of "the one", and that what "arises" doesn't need to make sense, sounds like nothing more than a clever but very transparent way to dissolve yourself and avoid accountability for anything you say or do.

You can't honestly talk about non-duality without acknowledging your own duality. Still, you continually try to do this, and it's just not complete or honest. Do you see that?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:31 am We don't have to wake up, besides, we don't wake up, there is no one here to wake up. Waking up is a spontaneous occurance that happens all by itself if it's meant to happen just as everything happens as it's meant to happen and no force on earth will make any thing happen if it's not meant to happen.
I agree with most of this, but notice how you say there is no one to wake up, but then you talk about how waking up works. This is where I would ask you, so WHO is waking up, when you just said there is no one to wake up. Do you see? These are the circles you appear to be spinning in, and it seems rather pointless... other than for some reasons that must matter to you, which you seem to deny.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:31 am All that happens with awakening is the drop that once believed or thought is was separate dissolves back into the ocean that it is.
Nothing happens when the drop realises it's just the ocean waving, it just relaxes more and allows itself to be waved without resistence.
This is what I've seen, too, but I do not think of it as "awakening". It is simply a different form of consciousness. The idea of people being "asleep" simply because of a human manifestation, denies (from my perspective) the vibrant consciousness flowing and playing throughout all. The idea of being "awake" really only applies (from my perspective) to surface thinking/doing within the human manifestation. Being "awakened" beyond surface thinking/doing accepts and celebrates the human manifestation of consciousness creation. There is nowhere in particular to go... nor anything in particular that needs to be... nor any separate entity handing down judgments to "wretched humans". There is only (from my perspective) an opportunity to dance with the many until naturally returning to the one.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:31 amThis one here just happens to like discussing the topic of Nonduality,there is no other reason than the enjoyment of doing so.
Enjoyment is felt by someone. You can refer to yourself as "this one", as if you are somehow not a self... but it is a self who "feels". That, in addition to other things you've said, have revealed that there are more reasons that you do what you do. That's why it's more interesting to ask why you keep denying who you are and what you do... as well as denying that others exist? Non-duality is not all there is.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:31 amnonduality to me, is the truth, in my opinion...that doesn't mean it is, it's just my opinion which I believe I am more than entiltled to have. In fact I would even go one step further and say it's not even a belief anymore, it's just the way it is. Reality is Nondual fullstop.
At the beginning of this post, I included the reference to where you acknowledge that "Non-duality is duality". So, when you say that non-duality "is the truth"... you are DECIDING to ignore the rest, so that this can be your single "truth". Correct? You are excluding that which you don't want to acknowledge as truth. Yet you say you are being honest.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:31 amI've always been honest and straight up about everything, all I'm doing is expressing what is my experience.
It is an experience that you are creating, yes? You are the creator. There is a SELF that is creating -- deciding what to include and what to exclude. And it does so for many reasons -- and due to many influences. Would you agree? It's not just arising disembodied out of nowhere for no reason, for you (as "no one") to experience.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:31 am For me personally, there is no one to know anything, and that all knowledge is sourced in not-knowing. And that the story of what we tell ourselves is all that can ever be known...and that is what usually sticks.
And can you see that all that you say is the story you are telling yourself?
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:57 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:31 am For me personally, there is no one to know anything, and that all knowledge is sourced in not-knowing. And that the story of what we tell ourselves is all that can ever be known...and that is what usually sticks.
And can you see that all that you say is the story you are telling yourself?
That is the gist of it.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Our stories, we each tell ourselves, is all we can know, is all that is known.

There's just ''THIS'' ....UNKNOWING KNOWING.

We can't even say ''this'' is here, because we don't know what it is that we would be saying is here, or not here. We can't say that ''this'' is or is not, because we don't know what it is that we would be saying exists or does not exist.

Saying anything at all is an interpretation of ''THIS'' non-knowing mystery, a mentally constructed story each mind makes up according to it's conditioning and belief. And yes, not excluding my story.

Unstructured, nondual awareness ceases to be something different from our ordinary, everyday consciousness, because we simply don't know what ''it'' is that we are saying is different or the same for that matter.

The nondual is a totally transcending state, but at the same time it isn't disembodied or in anyway disconnected from the rich and complex worlds in which we live. This becomes palpably clear when we are in this state: ''it'' is neither the same as the dualistic mind, nor in any way different from it.

It's what this one here likes to talk about, it's no big deal. And yes I'm talking to myself at all times, that is my belief. There is only Self, Answer, reply, respond if the desire is there to do so, I simply do not care one way or the other, it's all the same one communicating with itself from source to source an endless spring, from self to self, non-duality in action..at play, the dance.

If you choose to make this topic personally insulting to the author of the topic thread, then any responses of a personal or insulting nature will be ignored.

Many authors appear here, but there is only one reading.

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:21 am If you choose to make this topic personally insulting to the author of the topic thread, then any responses of a personal or insulting nature will be ignored.
Is it insulting if people challenge and ask questions about what you say?

Did you think my last post was insulting?

You say you are talking to yourself, and you don't care what other people think (is that correct?). So what is the need and reward for doing that in front of people on this forum? Is it just a stage for you? (I'm not being insulting -- it's a reasonable question.)
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

I now fully accept non duality without hesitation

Everything is directly / indirectly connected to everything else at all levels
At the physical level and the psychological level and the cosmological level

There is therefore no duality between the physical body and non physical mind
It is simply that the join is harder to see for we are too busy looking at the map

The map however is not the terrain but just an an approximation of it and no more

For I am a mind in a world of minds in a Universe of worlds some which have yet to be born
It is all so mind bending to contemplate but none of it matters in the grand scheme of things

The mind that is mine will one day cease to function as indeed will the body that it came with
Then the transition from a state of consciousness to a more permanent one of non consciousness

I will still exist at some level as energy cannot be destroyed but no longer will I be what I am now
Long as I will be at peace which I will be I have nothing to fear and am simply passing time till then
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

surreptitious57 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:25 am
The mind that is mine will one day cease to function as indeed will the body that it came with
Then the transition from a state of consciousness to a more permanent one of non consciousness
No one is in a state of consciousness or unconsciousness, no one is born or dies.
Only the mind is born, not you. You cannot conceive yourself as present, neither can you conceive of your absence.
It's amazing that as powerful as the mind is, there will always be 'one' thing the mind cannot conceive of other then to believe it can.
surreptitious57 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:25 amI will still exist at some level as energy cannot be destroyed but no longer will I be what I am now
Long as I will be at peace which I will be I have nothing to fear and am simply passing time till then
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Dontaskme wrote:
No one is in a state of consciousness or unconsciousness no one is born or dies
Only the mind is born not you You cannot conceive yourself as present neither can you conceive of your absence
It is amazing that as powerful as the mind is there will always be one thing the mind cannot conceive of other then to believe it can
Separating the mind from the you is very counter intuitive because no experience of it exists before birth or after death
Even if I can accept it on a logical level I cannot accept it on an emotional level and it has to be accepted at both if true

I think the only truly eternal thing is Existence itself but that is eternally changing so the illusion of nothing being forever is maintained
dxoutkast

Post by dxoutkast »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:21 am

Many authors, but there is ~ ~ rubbish detected

No Dawn Willians, there are many different readers, different distinct beings, from different DNA and families, reading your gibberish. That's why you're gonna be exposed by many of them.

That's the whole of it.
dxoutkast

Post by dxoutkast »

surreptitious57 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:56 pm
Dontaskme wrote:
No one is in a state of consciousness or unconsciousness no one is born or dies
Only the mind is born not you You cannot conceive yourself as present neither can you conceive of your absence
It is amazing that as powerful as the mind is there will always be one thing the mind cannot conceive of other then to believe it can
Separating the mind from the you is very counter intuitive because no experience of it exists before birth or after death
Even if I can accept it on a logical level I cannot accept it on an emotional level and it has to be accepted at both if true

I think the only truly eternal thing is existence itself but that is eternally changing so the illusion of blah blah BS
'Existence' needs no caps lock. Unless it's the first word.

There is no "eternal anything"

You only accept the delirious crap of dual negation religion, because you never thought deeply about the contradictions found rooted within its central beliefs.
dxoutkast

Post by dxoutkast »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:40 am
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:18 pm
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:09 am
Ask yourself;
What do you gain with a belief in God and
what do you lose by giving up the idea of a God?

The answer is you get psychological comfort with a belief in God and suffer existential pains and mental discomforts if you give up the idea of God.

One should be able to infer the whole central issue is psychological within oneself.
Nonduality is not about gaining anything, it's a losing game, it's about losing everything, in order to reach the truth that all is not-a-thing, and to know that not-a-thing is everything, and everything is nothing, it's really that simple. And nothing to do with any God or religious belief.
I understand the concept of non-duality.
But in this case you are still after something, which is that "not-a-thing."
My point is, that "non-a-thing" is still something.

As such you may think you are detaching [losing] from everything in one perspective but you do not realize in a subliminal way you are still attach to something, i.e. that 'not-a-thing'.

In your case, it may not be related to God or religion, but you are still after something, i.e. that "not-a-thing."
Note there are serious philosophy from Heidegger, Kant and others on this issue.

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:09 amThe answer is you get psychological comfort with a belief in God and suffer existential pains and mental discomforts if you give up the idea of God.
Try talking to a nondualist about all this and it'll be all water off a ducks back...a nondualist is one who has studied the true nature of SELF.
Try talking that statement to a cat and watch it's reaction. It's total mind stuff, an illusory story signifying absolutely nothing. The human mind if it believes in this shite is indeed in a very poorly state. The mind of a nondualist in contrast doesn't think like that at all, the nondual mind is a mind of pure clarity.
You may say that consciously and deliberately but is your conscious mind [10%] more dominant than your subconscious mind [90%].

I actually feel so much frustration that the human mind has to feel as if it owns a psychological self that has to be soothed, it's the sickness that is the human mind unfortunately....this belief is the cause of all human misery and suffering....even though this assumed believed psychological self simply doesn't exist...and that's why the study into the nature of SELF is a very important journey we all must take if we want to see suffering come to an end once and for all...knowledge of thyself is to dispel the common misperception that misery and suffering is personal when it's not.
Remember this?

The fact is you have a psychological self that deceives you from seeing the truth [as evident in this case].
It is within the same domain that you have a psychological self that need to be soothed. Point is your hidden psychological self may not be as desperate as the Abrahamic believers but it is still there yearning in a lesser degree of desperation and need.

It is usually stated the conscious mind is only 10% while the subconscious mind is 90% in terms of activity of the mind in sustaining one's life.
It seem there is still a lot more you need to know about your internal and subconscious 'selves' [not in a MPD sense] than you are claiming you have known at present.

Thus you cannot be too arrogant from merely having some experiences of non-duality.
This is perfect, you described the whole scam in perfect detail.