Hinduism is far superior to Christianity and Islam?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Averroes

Re: Proof Islam is the best of all religions.

Post by Averroes »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:13 am Hamza Tzortzis stated it is wrong for Muslims to use deductive reasoning to prove the Quran contain scientific knowledge and thus it is miracle. He mentioned people like Zakir Naik and others are doing that and it is fallacious.
Are that stupid that you cannot understand the detailed explanations that I had written?

Did Dr Naik say he was using deductive logic when discussing the scientific statements in Quran? I have never heard him say that the logic that he was using was Aristotelian deductive logic! You are saying that Dr Naik is using deductive logic in discussing scientific statements in Quran, what is your proof for that?

My point that you missed was that for certain arguments, the same argument can be invalid deductively but strong inductively. There are many examples of such but let me give you one example from Wikipedia:

Wikipedia:
Wikipedia wrote:Given that "if A is true then that would cause B, C, and D to be true", an example of deduction would be "A is true therefore we can deduce that B, C, and D are true". An example of induction would be "B, C, and D are observed to be true therefore A might be true". A is a reasonable explanation for B, C, and D being true.

For example:

A large enough asteroid impact would create a very large crater and cause a severe impact winter that could drive the non-avian dinosaurs to extinction.
We observe that there is a very large crater in the Gulf of Mexico dating to very near the time of the extinction of the non-avian dinosaurs
Therefore it is possible that this impact could explain why the non-avian dinosaurs became extinct.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inductive_reasoning
These examples from Wikipedia are deductively invalid, yet inductively they are found to be strong. The problem with you is that you are too stupid, ignorant and lazy. I already told you that logic need not be deductive logic only. But inductive logic is also considered as logic.

So scientists are already using inductive logic in the scientific method to come up with the so-called laws of nature. Now, as the inductive method already speaks to the scientists, there is no problem in using it with them. The arguments of Dr. Naik (a medical doctor) are indeed very powerful. Besides professional scientists themselves are being convinced when they are reading the Quran by themselves without no one spoon feeding them the arguments! So that’s it. Here are a couple of videos of scientists and mathematicians who after having read the Holy Quran by themselves ended up embracing Islam.

Professor Milan embraces Islam after reading the Quran: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IspK651RpY

Hindu cardiologist Dr. Nagisetty Mukunda Sudhir after analyzing Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism and explaining why Islam is more logical than all other religions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CNftdENTdY

Professor Jeffrey Land embraces Islam after reading the Quran: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H_C0BMyGCA

These are some scientists and mathematicians (and there are a lot more), who embraced Islam after having read and pondered logically on the Holy Quran.

I hope you will now be able to understand this new spoon feeding attempt of mine, and your stupidity will not again get in the way.

Now, I have a bonus video for you especially. Dr. Volker Enders is a physicist who embraced Islam many years ago. The interesting thing about Dr. Volker is that he was into Buddhism when he learned about Islam. When he understood Islam, he rejected Buddhism and embraced Islam because for him Islam was genuine and much better than any other religion. Here is a short informal interview with Dr. Volker Enders: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPwHxL3zuFw

Post by Averroes »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:13 am I am well versed with the Philosophy of Science.
Science do not give a damn with Deductive or Inductive logic.
Do not say stupid things like this if you want to be treated with respect here. Instead of being a lazy parasite, you should research your subject well before writing about it. Yet again I am having to spoon feed you. When will you grow a brain?

The distinction between deductive and inductive logic/reasoning is very important across all the fields of the scientific landscape. For example, it is very important in forensic science where scientific investigators/analysts are required to produce evidence in court in criminal cases.

From a forensic science site, we can read the following:
Making Informed Decisions

Understanding the scientific method, as it is applied in forensic science, will help legal professionals make informed decisions about what to allow into court, and what weight should be applied to the evidence by the trier of fact.

How does science underpin the forensic sciences and their disciplines? The answer isn’t a simple one. Many scientific and legal minds have put a lot of time and thought into this matter.

Some analysts follow science methodology to investigate a crime, especially when reconstructing events. Not all scientists agree with this application of the scientific method; they argue that an investigation should not begin with a hypothesis, but rather with an objective gathering of data.

But all analysts agree that many of the disciplines that make up the forensic sciences have the scientific method at their core because they are based on traditional “hard” sciences.

Variations Of The Scientific Method

The scientific method uses a very specific set of steps, as explained in the video “The Scientific Method: A Tour” on the right side of this page. Scientists use different variations of the scientific method to solve problems.

Deductive reasoning skills are useful in scientific investigations. Deductive reasoning applies broad principles to predict specific answers. For example, the broad principles of human genetics can be applied to DNA analysis, usually yielding very reliable results.

Inductive reasoning is the counterpart of deductive reasoning. It relies on a series of specific pieces of information to extrapolate a broad conclusion. Forensic scientists might use inductive reasoning to determine where in the house a fire started, or what the bloodstain pattern at a murder scene might reveal. Of course, the physical evidence never depicts all the events that happened in space and time, so inductive reasoning carries a greater level of uncertainty. The inferences and results are based on limited information rather than a more solid scientific principle. But it’s useful in resolving problems where no broad principle can be applied.

Ultimately, it falls to the analyst to identify the best tools and approach for each case.
Site: http://www.forensicbasics.org/?page_id=529#.W5vQ8CRKhdI
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:13 am Citing some specific knowledge [mathematical and programming] that you have is in no way a convincing proof God exists.
My specific knowledge was more than enough to convincingly prove your stupidity and ignorance, and moreover, my specific knowledge also proved the stupidity and ignorance of those who succeeded in fooling you into believing something you were too stupid to understand was wrong.
Your stupidity and ignorance is such that you cannot even realize how stupid and ignorant you are. And on top of that you are a lazy parasite who does not want to make the proper effort to educate himself.

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:13 am When you have to bring your conclusion down to earth, they don't stand up to basic questioning.
It all depends on the questioner! If the questioner is stupid, ignorant, and a lazy parasite who in addition is having memory issues, then that could be the problem!

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:13 am Btw, I will expect you to continue your condemnation and put-downs on me for no good reason other than because the Quran in its verses influenced you to do so.

You are imagining things. Where have I condemned you? I am putting you to the place where you rightly belong! If you are not satisfied then you can still chose to upgrade your position! And now since you have memory issues due to your inherent depression and OCD, I will have to repeatedly remind you of your condition because according to you yourself repetition is a very important means and also the only means through which you can learn things. So, by me repeatedly telling you, may be you will learn something true about yourself. i.e. that you are stupid, ignorant and a lazy parasite. If others cared about you like me, they would be doing the same too. This is being done only to help you learn something, because for the rest of us, your stupidity is obvious.

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Averroes wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:21 pm
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:39 am
Don’t give me results about grown-up adults. Give me results about babies. People are not born grown-up adults! What kind of stupid and ignorant person are you?
??

Isn't it obvious?
What is obvious is your stupidity and ignorance.

You said 20% of all people are born with an active evil tendency. Now prove it with statistical evidence. I am still waiting.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:39 am All adults were babies when they were born?
Do not generalize you stupidity on us, it is only you are stupid and ignorant to that point.
Now, prove as you have done with adults taking bribes and lying, that 20% of all babies who are born have an active evil tendency. Can you produce the statistical evidence which shows that 20% of all babies are born with an active evil tendency? Either you have the statistical evidence or you don’t have it. I am still waiting but not in a hurry so you can take your time looking for that.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:39 am I suggest you stick to serious discussions and arguments rather than cheap personal attacks.
There was no personal attack by me on you. You are imagining things. Can you quote where I had personally attacked you? You will not find that kind of statements in my posts.
You are a hate preacher and you are being treated as such. That’s all, there is nothing personal.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:39 am I will not be surprised if you threaten to kill me [for countering Islam's evil elements].
You are getting into paranoia now. You are certainly imagining things. I have not threatened the life of anyone. I am just having a little chat with you and getting to know you better. That’s all. There is nothing in that for you to get so upset about, right? I am actually quite enjoying and benefiting from this conversation with you. However, I have to admit that if you were much less stupid and ignorant, it would have been much better.

You are a hate preacher and you are being treated as such. That’s all, there is nothing personal.

You are trying to promote Islam with its core principles and ideology in the Quran.
Besides very minimal good views of the others, the Quran is full of hate elements directed at non-Muslims. This is reflected in the reality of SOME [critical quantum] evil prone Muslim killing and committing all sorts of evil acts upon non-Muslims around the world as a divine duty to please Allah.

I have asked you before, tell me, out of the 6,236 verses in the Quran, how many verses has any sincere good views of non-Muslims specifically?
Then compare this number to how many verses are negative [slightest to strong hatred] to non-Muslims?

As for the questions you raised re 20% etc, I have already explained in the earlier posts.
Since you condemned repetition, you are a munafiq (منافق ) hypocrite in demanding that I repeat my explanation.
Suggest you read my explanation and tell me where I am wrong in my arguments.
Veritas Aequitas

Averroes wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:25 pm
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:57 am Earlier I had not read of Kierkegaard's depression, since you mentioned and I have counter-checked and I agreed with the point.
Good, you have learned something from me then. But the point again is that you should initiate your own researches and not be a lazy parasite and wait for others to do the job for you. But anyway little by little, if Allah wills, I will teach you a couple of other good habits. We are going in the right direction now, I am happy.
There is no big deal on this. I did not claim to be omniscient. Such a thought is so childish.

Btw, it is offensive to be condescending.
But I know you will be condescending as inspired by the verses in the Quran.

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:57 am Where in the Buddhist sutras did the Buddha encouraged Buddhists to beg?
There are many Buddhist sutras which report that Siddhartha himself was a beggar, and moreover his closest disciple Ananda too was a beggar. Some quotations from the Buddhist scriptures are in order of course:
  • Thus have I heard. At one season the Blessed One was staying at Sâvatthi, in the Conqueror's Grove, the cloister-garden of the Feeder of the Poor. And at that season there was a robber named Finger-garland (Angulimâlo) in the realm of Pasenadi, the King of Kosalâ; and he was barbarous, red-handed, devoted to killing and slaughter, unmerciful to all who live. By him towns, villages, and districts were made as though they had never been. He slew men all the time, and wore a garland of their fingers.

Now the Blessed One, having dressed betimes, took his bowl in his robe, and went to Sâvatthi for alms. When he had gone round it, and had returned from the quest of alms in the afternoon, he rolled up his mat, took his bowl in his robe, and entered upon the high road where Finger-garland the robber was. (…) [Majjiima Nikaya, sutta 86]
Note: Siddhartha is being referred to as the “blessed one” in the sutta. I already mentioned king Pasenadi before, who was a violent warmonger who had killed a lot of people, but since he was giving charity to Siddhartha’s gang of lazy parasitic Buddhists monks, Siddhartha did not condemn Pasenadi but showed approval of him!

It is reported that Ananda once said to Siddhartha:
  • “Venerable Lord, as I was making my round for alms in this great city of Sravasti, I saw the Bodhisattva King at the Head of the Masses inside a certain house, together with a woman on a couch.” [Upayakausalya Sutra]
This quotation was taken from a translation of a Buddhist scripture by a scholar in Buddhist studies Tatz and more excerpts of the book are available at this site: https://buddhism-controversy-blog.com/2 ... ns-sutra/

As an aside, the link just given above where Ananda is admitting to Siddhatha to making rounds for alms, is in fact addressing a story where Siddhartha is encouraging sexual debauchery as a way to “enlightenment.” According to the excerpt from Tatz book, Siddhartha replies to Ananda thus:
  • The Lord replied to master Ananda: “Ananda, do not conceive of a holy person, someone practicing the Greater Vehicle correctly, as being faulty. Ananda, this is how you should understand it: A person of the vehicle of the auditors, in order to be absolutely peerless in maintaining meditative calm, will seek uninterruptedly to exhaust the outflows. In the same way, Ananda, the Bodhisattva great hero who is skilled in means, who is endowed with the thought of omniscience, will seek uninterruptedly for omniscience, even to the point of abiding among a holy retinue of women and enjoying, playing with, and taking pleasure in it. [The Skill in Means (Upayakausalya) Sutra]
As this sutra is reporting, Siddhartha was preaching that to reach “enlightenment” a Bodhisattva has to be a sexual maniac.
I shall be referring to this sutra again among many others later, if Allah wills, as I was insistently begged to write something on the real nature of Buddhism.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:57 am The Buddha denounced asceticism and begging.
Note there are three main schools of Buddhism in the following progressive stages, i.e. Theravada [lower] Mahayana and Vajrayana [higher].

There is no denial that the monks from the lower schools of Buddhism did and at present do go round the street at certain times to be presented with food in a bowl from laypeople.

However such activities by the monks are not 'begging' literally as with beggars we normally see in the streets and elsewhere.
Note this;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alms#Buddhism

In this regard you are a munafig as Islam is worst where it is obligatory for all Muslims to pay zakat, if not they could go to hell.

I can understand Siddhartha denouncing asceticism as he was promoting sexual debauchery. But about denouncing begging I never heard of that, can you quote some Buddhist texts where he denounced begging? I am interested in that. But anyway, I would not be surprised that he would denounce begging while he himself was a lazy beggar. I had thought that he was a hypocrite. Now you are confirming my point of view with this new alleged information. So Siddhartha was in addition to being a beggar, and a sexual maniac was also a hypocrite. It makes sense to me. Anyway, thank you in advance for that new information but nevertheless do provide textual support for it.
As I had stated above, that monks going on a daily round of gathering food is not 'begging' in the literal sense of a bad conduct. The Buddha denounced bad actions and advocated right actions is in the Noble 8 Fold Paths.

Explain how the denouncing of asceticism is equivalent to promoting sexual debauchery.
On the other hand, note the condoning of sexual debauchery in the Quran.

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:57 am In contrast note, the immutable and eternal forcing of payment of Zakat on every Muslims based on fear of the wrath of Allah and the threat of Hell. What kind of f moral is this?

The best of all morals.

As an aside, to all members reading this who might be interested in increasing their wealth, you might be interested to learn that in Islam when one gives charity to the poor and destitute, one’s wealth increases.

One thing that I should also mention is that I also stay away from interest rates/usury. I do not take interests either directly or indirectly. I stay very far from it because it is strictly forbidden in Islam.

Allah, the Most Generous says in the Holy Quran:
  • The example of those who spend their wealth in the way of Allah is like a seed [of grain] which grows seven spikes; in each spike is a hundred grains. And Allah multiplies [His reward] for whom He wills. And Allah is all-Encompassing and Knowing. [Quran, interpretation of meaning 2:261]
  • And the example of those who spend their wealth seeking the pleasure of Allah and with certainty of their inner souls, is like a garden on a height, falls on it heavy rain, so it yields double harvest. And (even) if it does not receive a heavy rain, then a drizzle (is sufficient). And Allah is All-Seer of what you do. [Quran, interpretation of meaning 2:265]
  • Those who consume usury cannot stand (on the Day of Resurrection) except like the standing of a person whom Shaitaan (Satan) has confounded by his touch. That is because they say, “Trade is like usury.” While Allah has permitted trade but has forbidden usury. Then whoever after receiving the admonition from His Lord refrains from it, then whatever has passed, his case is with Allah. And those who repeat – they are the companions of the Fire; they will abide in it forever. [Quran, interpretation of meaning 2:275]
  • Allah destroys usury and gives increase for charities. And Allah does not love any ungrateful sinner. [Quran, interpretation of meaning, 2:276]
So I stay away from interest rates and regularly give charity according to my means to the poor and destitute, i.e. people who really need it, e.g. widows, orphans, small children, elderly persons, handicapped persons, refugees, homeless people etc... As a result, praise be to Allah, the Most Generous, my finance is ok.

However, I do not give to lazy Buddhists monks, drugs addicts, and the likes.

Charity done voluntarily is obviously a good thing.

Zakat on the other hand is an imperative and command from God as stipulated in the Quran and is obligatory [when one has the funds] or else it is punishment for those who do not comply. This is more like a daylight robbery or the extortion of protection money by the mafia.

The abuse in the practice of extreme 'interest' rates is evil.
But to condemn the practice of charging interest [an essential element of economics] outright is stupidity.
Your rigid view on interest is a clue you are going in the direction of strictness with the book in the direction of the people of I_SIS.
Veritas Aequitas

Averroes wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:29 pm
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:36 am I admit to repetition as an when necessary which is relevant to any points raised in a post. This is a very common thing with most people.
Yes, indeed this is very common with people with depression and OCD.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:36 am I have to repeat the definition of 'evil' many times because people like Immanuel Can kept denying I have not defined evil when I have done so.
I would not be surprised if you were also experiencing memory loss or were you to be having false memories as well. These are very common symptoms for people suffering from depression and OCD.

False memory OCD can seem very real. Listen to a professional on the matter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLG_vW57AgA

There are also many testimonies of people with false memory OCD on the internet, and the symptoms appear to be similar to what you are experiencing.
You are suffering from depression, OCD and worst being delusional.
  • Delusional = characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.
The existence of God is contradicted by reality and rational argument and you are very persistent in clinging to such an illusion.

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:36 am Note there are tons of research and articles of the importance of repetition in learning and communication, e.g.
The Importance of Repetition in Learning
http://www.proctorgallagherinstitute.co ... n-learning
This is a forum that involves communication and learning.
I am starting to understand you better the more we keep exchanging like this. So because of your inherent depression, you have memory loss issues, and moreover, your OCD could be giving you false memories as well. So, to counter the effect of these memory problems, you need to repeat things a lot of times to yourself so that you can learn and memorize them.

As for myself, my memory is alright, praise be to Allah. So, I am not much into the repetitions that you so much need to learn things. In fact, the kind of repetitions that you are into bore me. I prefer to experience new things and explore and think about new ideas. And there is so much thing around us that we have a wide and quasi-inexhaustible range to chose from. It would be losing my precious time in doing the repetitions that you are into.
I am starting to understand you [Averroes] better the more we keep exchanging like this. So because of your inherent depression, you have memory loss issues, and moreover, your OCD could be giving you false memories as well. So, to counter the effect of these memory problems, you need to repeat things a lot of times to yourself so that you can learn and memorize them.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:36 am I am aware of a psychiatric problem in relation to repetition and OCD and I am very well aware of that.
Of course, that goes without saying as you have firsthand experience of OCD.
Of course, that goes without saying as you [Averroes] have firsthand experience of OCD.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:36 am Btw, why are you "repeating" so blindly and aggressively on the concept of OCD from NIMH as above and repetitively making the wrong accusations against me?
Due to your OCD, you are asking me many related questions in a row, so I have to reply to each one of them. Besides, why would you be complaining now? Isn’t it the only way that you are able to learn new things due to your memory issues?
Due to your OCD, you are asking me many related questions in a row, so I have to reply to each one of them. Besides, why would you be complaining now? Isn’t it the only way that you are able to learn new things due to your memory issues?
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:36 am However, in the above case, you are revealing yourself as having real OCD.
That is because I have to reply to your repeated questions in order to help you to learn new things. I am just taking care of your education. If you are still ignorant and stupid after that, then it would not be my fault, for I tried my best to educate you.
Munafiq! you condemned repetition but then do it yourself.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:36 am The question to you is;
Can you give up praying 5 times a day without feeling guilty and feel with anxieties of the wrath of God?
If you cannot give it up but feel relieved psychologically when you have done your prayers 5 times a day, then you are suffering from real OCD as defined above.
Your stupidity and laziness are showing up again. I already told you and you agreed that there is no anxiety in me. I already told you that and now I am having to repeat myself because of your memory loss problems. Anyway, there is no anxiety in me because remember that I have taken the best remedy against depression and anxiety according to you yourself. So everything else that I do in Islam is just pure joy and satisfaction for me.

That you are a theist implied you have existential anxieties which need to be suppressed by a belief in God.
You are really stupid in this point.
Note taking aspirin to kill pain does not in reality get rid of the source of pain. The aspirin merely suppress and inhibit the pain impulses. When the power of the aspirin wore off, the pain will be felt again.

If you are shot with an arrow in the leg, you will have pain and a doctor can inject local anesthetic to suppress/inhibit the feeling of pain, but the 'pain' and its impulses will still be there until the arrow is pulled out and the wound healed.
It is the same with theism and its ideology, which is like an aspirin that inhibit the impulses of the inherent unavoidable impulses of existential anxieties which is always there.
Veritas Aequitas

Averroes wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:31 pm
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:29 am My salvation??

Note the Principle of Charity.
In the first place it is obvious I am not-a-theist and had critiqued the concept of salvation via God for eternal life in paradise. Why should I be interested in salvation?
I do not know! That is not a question for me to answer! Maybe you are fed up with being chronically depressed, or maybe you are fed up with all these obsessive-compulsive thoughts and behaviors or maybe you are fed up with being stupid and ignorant and want to feel alive for once. It’s up to you. But if you need help from me in terms of advice on how to attain your salvation, then you can still contact me at a later time. That’s what I meant by the statements of mine that you quoted. It’s up to you now.

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:29 am The above imply you are selfish in clinging to your own personal salvation at the expense of the well being of the human species and humanity.
In this case, your personal salvation comes first even if the idea of God lead others to commit terrible evils and violence in the name of God.
Repeated materials.

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:29 am The reality is SOME evil prone Muslims are committing REAL evident terrible evils acts and violence around the world.
Such a critical threat is worth the repetition to warn others who are ignorant of this fact.
Repeated materials.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:29 am I am not fluent at all in written nor spoken Arabic.
Alright, that is a clear statement. Thank you.

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:29 am I am not interested at all to waste my time to master such skills.

However I am interested in the linguistic principles of Arabic which I don't need to be able to read Arabic competently.

My approach to the linguistic of the Quranic Verse is this;

For every Quranic Verses I can get access the following;
  • For every verse I can read it from more than 50 English Translations of the Quran with Pickthall as my main reference.

The meaning and grammar analysis word for word of any verse from here;
    http://corpus.quran.com/

From the above, I can refer to various English Arabic Dictionaries.

In addition, I refer to various exegesis [tafsir] from various commentators.

I have also read tons of books in English relevant to the above.
    Rather than on piecemeal thoughts, my focus is those books that focus on main themes within the Quran.

I have joined various Islamic forums on a neutral basis to seek information not to argue against Islam.
    e.g. https://free-minds.org/forum/index.php
With the above on classic Arabic of the Quran I don't need to be competent in spoken and written Modern Arabic to get a good grasp and understand the essential message of the Quran.
Obviously I have to top the above with philosophy-proper.
Averroes,
maybe you are fed up with being chronically depressed, or maybe you are fed up with all these obsessive-compulsive thoughts and behaviors or maybe you are fed up with being stupid and ignorant and want to feel alive for once. It’s up to you. But if you need help from me in terms of advice on how to attain your enlightenment of rational knowledge, then you can still contact me at a later time.
Basically, you are saying, rather convolutedly, that you are not at all fluent in Arabic in any shape or form but you rely completely on the translation of the Holy Quran. That’s fine too, there is no need to be ashamed of that. I learned a lot by reading the translations of the Holy Quran. The Holy Quran is the greatest book I have ever read. I have all sorts of books, but nothing compares with the Holy Quran. I wish you to benefit from your study of the Holy Quran as I have benefited.
I don't need to master to write and speak Modern Standard Arabic [MSA].
My point is it is essential and imperative to have some basic knowledge of Arabic especially the linguistic principles, grammar and history of classical Quranic Arabic.

I have spent 3 years full time researching and analyzing the Quran to have a reasonable understanding of the evil [beside whatever good] ethos within the main theme of the Quran.

Btw, what sort of depth have you dug into the Quran.
Give me an idea and some references you have read or participate in any in-depth discussion into the Quran regarding the Arabic linguistics.

I had some in depth discussions with Ashif Khan.
This this article [as with all his articles] where he dug very deep into the linguistic principles of classical Quranic Arabic.

RASOOL (رسول) IS NOT A PROPHET (نبی) IN THE QURAN. TRADITIONAL & QURANIST SCHOLARS PLAYED WITH ARABIC PRONOUNS TO PRODUCE FALSE TRANSLATION.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/rasool-% ... lars-khan/

I don't necessary agree with him in everything and I had challenged him on the above point.
I am a bit rusty at present but can pick and polish it up again any time.

What I am trying to show you is the depth Ashif dig into every contentious topic related to the Quran.
Do you do such an in-depth investigation into the Quran?

Other than the Quran itself, which is the book or books do you think best represent the truth of the Quran? Reference? I will be interested to know where you dig.
Averroes

Post by Averroes »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:17 am Same to you, look at the mirror.
Do not generalize your stupidity on us, it is only you are stupid and ignorant to that point.

These are my lines that you are mimicking! :-D What is happening to you? You got infatuated with my intellectual insights that you could not resist making use of them immediately even if inappropriately? It’s OK, don’t worry, you can keep and learn these intellectual insights of mine if you like them so much! I have a lot of others in store for you! :-D All praises and thanks are due to Allah, the Most Generous.

I am really flattered that you are copying my insights and style. There has been a lot of research in psychology on imitation and mimicry. And indeed, the findings of psychology on the subject are very interesting. There are many scholarly materials on the subject. The following site summarizes the findings of the numerous research on the subject: https://medium.com/the-mission/the-surp ... 5831070cd9

The article says:
A historical explanation

There were stronger, smarter and more honored individuals in the human society. These were the ones with a higher social status. All the others had to develop certain behavioral patterns to show their respect and honor to the strongest. For example, if such an honored man wore a handkerchief as a decorative accessory, the rest of the group would consider it to be trendy and an absolute must for them to wear too.

Chameleon effect: factors and dependencies

Education level, innate expressiveness, cultural environment we are raised in. All these factors directly impact our inclination to mirror others. Here are the surprising findings that scientists revealed while trying to understand why some of us do this differently.

Education. Quite unexpectedly they came to the conclusion that education level is also involved. As it turned out, the less educated a person is, the more imitating he or she will be during a conversation.
Scientists have found that the less educated an individual is, the more imitation he/she does. If it can help you gain some education and make you feel better, you can continue imitating me if you want, I do not mind at all.

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:17 am You are trying to promote Islam with its core principles and ideology in the Quran.
Indeed, I do promote Islam here and more so elsewhere, and praise be to Allah, the Most Generous, I am quite successful. :D
And there is absolutely nothing you can do about it, except whine and complain about how miserable your existential depression is making your life!

But anyway, I am a small scale promoter of Islam compared to Sheik Yusuf Estes, Dr Zakir Naik and Dr Bilal Philips and others, who have had great success in inviting non-Muslims to Islam. May Allah, the Most Merciful make them even more successful in their promotion of Islam. Ameen.

Post by Averroes »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:17 am I have asked you before, tell me, out of the 6,236 verses in the Quran, how many verses has any sincere good views of non-Muslims specifically?
Then compare this number to how many verses are negative [slightest to strong hatred] to non-Muslims?

Indeed, there is a lot of good for the non-Muslims in the Holy Quran. The Holy Quran invites the non-Muslims to think and reflect upon its message and then embrace Islam. The Quran invites the non-Muslim to Islam by speaking to his/her intellect, heart and mind.

Allah, the Almighty says in the Holy Quran, interpretation of meaning:
  • O mankind! Verily there has come to you an instruction from your Lord and a healing for what is in your breasts and guidance and mercy for the believers. [Holy Quran, interpretation of meaning 10:57]
Many non-Muslims have embraced Islam after they had listened to the recitation of the Quran. Other non-Muslims find the recitation of the Quran very beautiful, peaceful, calming and appeasing for them. Here are a some of videos of non-Muslims listening to Quran and their views themselves on the Quran. We can observe all the good that the Quran is giving them according to the non-Muslims themselves:

1. Christian young man listening to the Quran: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u4jKY9zbyo
2. German former Christian young man converts to Islam after reading the Quran (very interesting story): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmh91e-kXQ4
3. Canadian University students listening to Quran: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpTbOyYtyw0
4. BBC British reporter overwhelmed with bliss while listening to Islamic call to prayer in Jeddah: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbh-S5uq8SY
5. Christian woman overwhelmed with bliss while listening to the Muslim call to prayer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96ZdRPqk8Pg
6. The public in New Zealand reacting to Quran recitation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZnOEEHnPqs
7. Non-Muslim teens reaction to the recitation of Holy Quran: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvkzG0U_XhA

Allah the All-Wise says in the Holy Quran, interpretation of meaning:
  • And We revealed of the Quran that which is a healing and a mercy for the believers, but it does not increase the wrongdoers except in loss. [Quran 17:82]
However, for the wrongdoers such as hate preachers Sitagu, and Gnanasara and terrorist Ashin Wiranthu and the many other Buddhists who are killing tens of thousands innocent and defenseless women and children in Burma and Sri Lanka, and driving out millions of Muslims from their homes, for them there is no good news in Quran.

Allah, the Almighty says in Quran, interpretation of meaning:
  • And say, “The truth is from your Lord, so whoever wills-let him believe and whoever wills – let him disbelieve.” Indeed, We have prepared for the wrongdoers a Fire whose walls will surround them. And if they call for relief, they will be relieved with water like molten brass, which will scald the faces. Wretched is the drink, and evil is the resting place.

Indeed, those who believe and do good deeds, indeed, We will not let go waste the reward of any one who does good deeds.

Those will have Gardens of Eden underneath which rivers flow. They will be adorned therein with bracelets of gold and will wear green garments of fine silk and heavy brocade, reclining therein on adorned couches. Excellent is the reward, and good is the resting place. [Holy Quran 18:29-31]
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:17 am As for the questions you raised re 20% etc, I have already explained in the earlier posts.
Either you give the statistical evidence that shows that 20% of all people are born with an active evil tendency or you don’t give it. So far you have not given any statistical evidence which supports your claim. So I conclude that you don’t have it. It is not in my style to insist that you give it. I just now remark that you made a foolish and ignorant statement that you were incapable of backing with evidence when challenged and you had to run away yet again from your own stupidity. And from here, I move on.

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:17 am Suggest you read my explanation and tell me where I am wrong in my arguments.

Fallacious suggestion. It is called shifting the burden of proof. You made a claim, it is you who has to provide the evidence for that. Your stupid and ignorant opinions do not count as statistical evidence.

Post by Averroes »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:54 am There is no big deal on this. I did not claim to be omniscient. Such a thought is so childish.
Of course, that too goes without saying as your stupidity and ignorance is too obvious. No one would believe you even if you claimed to be intelligent. I think we are heading in the right direction here. You are on the road to realizing the depth of your stupidity and ignorance. I am happy that this was resolved to the satisfaction of both of us.

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:54 am Btw, it is offensive to be condescending.
It’s fine with me. As you are a hate preacher, I do not mind that you be offended.

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:54 am However such activities by the monks are not 'begging' literally as with beggars we normally see in the streets and elsewhere.
Buddhist monks behave like beggars as we normally see on the streets and elsewhere. But in fact, they are worse than ordinary beggars. Ordinary beggars, who are just poor people, I respect and care for. While Buddhist monks are just lazy parasites. It would have been better for the lazy parasitic Buddhist monks instead of begging and doing nothing all day, that they use all that energy to earn an honest living instead of stealing the real poor people due. So the label lazy parasites is quite appropriate for them.

Here are some YouTube videos which show Buddhists monks behaving like normal street beggars:

Buddhist monk begging on the streets in Japan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNPGpWFfUZs
Buddhist monks fighting on the streets with their begging bowls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyXEjHfRXNg
Buddhist Monks begging on the streets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zraYexbWqMs

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:54 amIn this regard you are a munafig as Islam is worst where it is obligatory for all Muslims to pay zakat, if not they could go to hell.
Not all Muslims have an obligation to pay zakat, but only those who are rich. The poor benefit from the zakat. You still have much ignorance and stupidity in you.

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:54 amAs I had stated above, that monks going on a daily round of gathering food is not 'begging' in the literal sense of a bad conduct. The Buddha denounced bad actions and advocated right actions is in the Noble 8 Fold Paths.
Siddhartha was a beggar and the Buddhist monks who followed/follows him are lazy parasitic scumbags.

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:54 amBut to condemn the practice of charging interest [an essential element of economics] outright is stupidity.
I do not think so. I think that as you yourself admitted, interest/usury is evil and on this, we agree. And if one were not to condemn what one already considers to be an evil due to fear of the present economic environment, then it will be cowardice and hypocrisy on one’s part. I do not want to be like Siddhartha, i.e. rude with the weak but meek with the rude, and the latter is cowardice and hypocrisy. I think one has to be consistent. I believe that even if on an individual level one cannot change the current system, we have the choice on an individual level not to take part in it if we judge that it is evil. That is called moral integrity. My course of action from this moral judgment is that I do not take interests from banks and I do not engage in transactions that involve interests. That is my personal moral choice; nobody has forced me into it and nobody can force me out of it. It is my will which I have exercised freely.

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:54 amExplain how the denouncing of asceticism is equivalent to promoting sexual debauchery.
You are stupid. I did not say that denouncing asceticism was equivalent to promoting sexual debauchery. I said I understand that he would denounce asceticism given that he was promoting sexual debauchery. There is a difference. His denouncing asceticism and promoting sexual debauchery are consistent actions. One cannot promote sexual debauchery and also promote asceticism, that would have been contradictory. So as he was promoting sexual debauchery, it is logical that he must also denounce asceticism. If you still do not understand the difference, don’t worry about it. There is a subtle logical distinction concerning the order of the antecedent and the consequent in a conditional that is critical to understand the nuance of my statements here. And the latter might well be beyond your level.

Post by Averroes »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:18 amI am starting to understand you [Averroes] better the more we keep exchanging like this. So because of your inherent depression, you have memory loss issues, and moreover, your OCD could be giving you false memories as well. So, to counter the effect of these memory problems, you need to repeat things a lot of times to yourself so that you can learn and memorize them.
You are imitating and mimicking me again with this posting! :lol: And you are also taking me as a model for my deep understanding. :)
Very nice.

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:18 amOf course, that goes without saying as you [Averroes] have firsthand experience of OCD.
Imitating/mimicking me again. :D

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:18 am Due to your OCD, you are asking me many related questions in a row, so I have to reply to each one of them. Besides, why would you be complaining now? Isn’t it the only way that you are able to learn new things due to your memory issues?
Imitating me and taking me as a model for my rhetorical skills! :D

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:18 amYour [Averroes] stupidity and laziness are showing up again.
Imitating me again. :)

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:27 am Averroes,
maybe you are fed up with being chronically depressed, or maybe you are fed up with all these obsessive-compulsive thoughts and behaviors or maybe you are fed up with being stupid and ignorant and want to feel alive for once. It’s up to you. But if you need help from me in terms of advice on how to attain your enlightenment of rational knowledge, then you can still contact me at a later time.
Imitating me and taking me as a model of eloquence. :D

I think that it is a good idea that you have started imitating and mimicking me. One more thing that would be very beneficial for you to imitate/mimic of me is the following statement:

I testify that there is no god, except Allah, and I testify that Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) is the Messenger of Allah.

In Arabic transliteration: “ASH-HADU ANLA ELAHA ILLA-ALLAH WA ASH-HADU ANNA MOHAMMADAN RASUL-ALLAH”
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:27 am Other than the Quran itself, which is the book or books do you think best represent the truth of the Quran? Reference? I will be interested to know where you dig.
Of course.

The best representation of the truth of the Quran is the Holy Quran itself. The Holy Quran is the criterion by which other books are to be assessed for truth.

• The Truth is from your Lord, so do not be among the doubters. [Quran 2:147]
  • And Allah will establish the truth by His words, even if the criminals dislike it. [Quran 10:82]
  • And say, “Truth has come, and falsehood has perished. Indeed, the falsehood is bound to perish.” [Quran 17:81]

Now, to understand the message of truth revealed by God, the Almighty in the Holy Quran, one needs to have the text of the Holy Quran in a language in which one understands first and foremost, and then one needs to have a sincere and humble intention to seek knowledge and wisdom from the Holy Quran.

Allah, the All-Knowing says in the Holy Quran, interpretation of meaning:
  • I will turn away from My Signs those who are arrogant on the earth without right; and even if they see every sign, they will not believe in it. And if they see the way of righteousness, they will not adopt it as a way, and if they see the way of error, they will adopt it as a way. That is because they denied Our Signs and they were heedless of them. [Quran 7:146]

And then one needs to be able to use one’s intellect and have understanding. If one is stupid and foolish, then one will not be able to understand the message of the Holy Quran.

• (This is) a blessed Book which, We have revealed to you [O Muhammad], that they may ponder over its Verses and those of understanding may be reminded. [Quran 38:29]
And then one must make an effort to use that intellect to ponder upon the verses of the Holy Quran.

Allah, the All-Knowing says in the Quran, interpretation of meaning:
  • Then do they not ponder on the Quran? If it had been from other than Allah, surely they would have found much contradictions in it. [Holy Quran, interpretation of meaning 4:82]

Then one must put into practice what one has learned from the Holy Quran.

• And who is more wrong than he who is reminded of the Verses of his Lord but turns away from them and forgets what his hands have sent forth? Indeed, We have placed coverings over their hearts, lest they understand it, and in their ears deafness. And if you call them to guidance, then never they will be guided. [Quran 15:57]

I hope you can understand these references I have given you. Thank you for having asked me these questions. I hope you can understand my answers. And I hope that through our exchange many Philosophy Now forum members get the opportunity of benefitting from the message of the Holy Quran. For were you not in a discussion with me, I would not have had this great opportunity of talking about the great religion of Islam. It was interesting to have exchanged with you. I really benefitted from this exchange.

And I praise and thank Allah, the Most Compassionate for this opportunity He, the Most Generous has given me. And I thank Allah, the All-Wise for all the support and knowledge that He has given me.

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:17 am Same to you, look at the mirror.
Do not generalize your stupidity on us, it is only you are stupid and ignorant to that point.

Averroes wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:55 am These are my lines that you are mimicking! :-D What is happening to you? You got infatuated with my intellectual insights that you could not resist making use of them immediately even if inappropriately? It’s OK, don’t worry, you can keep and learn these intellectual insights of mine if you like them so much! I have a lot of others in store for you! :-D All praises and thanks are due to Allah, the Most Generous.
You cannot deny you have been copying & pasting and using ideas from other sources.

So the below applies to you.

There has been a lot of research in psychology on imitation and mimicry. And indeed, the findings of psychology on the subject are very interesting. There are many scholarly materials on the subject. The following site summarizes the findings of the numerous research on the subject: https://medium.com/the-mission/the-surp ... 5831070cd9

The article says:
A historical explanation

There were stronger, smarter and more honored individuals in the human society. These were the ones with a higher social status. All the others had to develop certain behavioral patterns to show their respect and honor to the strongest. For example, if such an honored man wore a handkerchief as a decorative accessory, the rest of the group would consider it to be trendy and an absolute must for them to wear too.

Chameleon effect: factors and dependencies

Education level, innate expressiveness, cultural environment we are raised in. All these factors directly impact our inclination to mirror others. Here are the surprising findings that scientists revealed while trying to understand why some of us do this differently.

Education. Quite unexpectedly they came to the conclusion that education level is also involved. As it turned out, the less educated a person is, the more imitating he or she will be during a conversation.
Scientists have found that the less educated an individual is, the more imitation he/she does.

Note:
I had suggested you don't use derogatory words and personal attacks in your posts but you insist.
I am just echoing the same to you and the echo will reverberate back to you as long as you continue make those childish and condescending remarks.

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:17 am You are trying to promote Islam with its core principles and ideology in the Quran.
Indeed, I do promote Islam here and more so elsewhere, and praise be to Allah, the Most Generous, I am quite successful. :D
And there is absolutely nothing you can do about it, except whine and complain about how miserable your existential depression is making your life!

But anyway, I am a small scale promoter of Islam compared to Sheik Yusuf Estes, Dr Zakir Naik and Dr Bilal Philips and others, who have had great success in inviting non-Muslims to Islam. May Allah, the Most Merciful make them even more successful in their promotion of Islam. Ameen.
The Quran has loads of evil elements that had compelled and inspired SOME [singificant quantum] Muslims who are evil prone to commit terrible evil acts and violence on humanity. This evidence for this is SO glaring. This will continue in the future.

Point is there will always be a % of evil people who are easily triggered by evil elements when they are exposed to it. This is more so when there is an underlying existential crisis and threat to compel these evil prone to obey evil commands from the highest authority.

Are you familiar with the Milligram Experiments on the concept of evil.
The Milgram experiment on obedience to authority figures was a series of social psychology experiments conducted by Yale University psychologist Stanley Milgram.
They measured the willingness of study participants, men from a diverse range of occupations with varying levels of education, to obey an authority figure who instructed them to perform acts conflicting with their personal conscience.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment
In the case of Islam, there is an all powerful authority - Allah, holding the evil prone Muslims' life on a thread to Heaven or Hell, thus they are willing to obey whatever [good and evil] is commanded in the holy texts from God. This was what happened to Abraham who went to the extreme of the willingness to sacrifice his son and this example is motivating SOME Muslim parents [cowards] to sacrifice their son or daughter as suicide bombers.

In a way you are also promoting evil to some degree while trying to promote limited good.
Veritas Aequitas

Averroes wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:00 am It’s fine with me. As you are a hate preacher, I do not mind that you be offended.
As I had shown above, you are a hate preacher where you admitted you preach the Quran and Islam.
Btw, it has been demonstrated the Quran is worst than the Mein Kampf in terms of anti-semitism.
http://www.cspipublishing.com/statistic ... _Text.html

That too goes without saying as your stupidity and ignorance is too obvious. No one would believe you even if you claimed to be intelligent. I think we are heading in the right direction here. You are on the road to realizing the depth of your stupidity and ignorance. I am happy that this was resolved to the satisfaction of both of us.

In addition you as very stupid to think critique of an ideology is hatred.
Critique of an ideology is an intellectual exercise and more relevant if that ideology has serious evil elements like those in TROP.

Note I don't criticize Muslims even those who are evil prone and commit terrible evil acts and violence.
In fact I sympathize will all Muslims as unfortunate victims of their ideology.

Do Not Blame Muslims!
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24842
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:54 am However such activities by the monks are not 'begging' literally as with beggars we normally see in the streets and elsewhere.
Buddhist monks behave like beggars as we normally see on the streets and elsewhere. But in fact, they are worse than ordinary beggars. Ordinary beggars, who are just poor people, I respect and care for. While Buddhist monks are just lazy parasites. It would have been better for the lazy parasitic Buddhist monks instead of begging and doing nothing all day, that they use all that energy to earn an honest living instead of stealing the real poor people due. So the label lazy parasites is quite appropriate for them.

Here are some YouTube videos which show Buddhists monks behaving like normal street beggars:

Buddhist monk begging on the streets in Japan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNPGpWFfUZs
Buddhist monks fighting on the streets with their begging bowls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyXEjHfRXNg
Buddhist Monks begging on the streets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zraYexbWqMs
Note there are lots of Fake Monks 'begging' on the streets and they have been exposed, e.g.

Fake monk: Buddhist crusader catches one on London street
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq5kyNU89zE

As I had stated the alms round which is seemingly 'begging' is a kind of ritual that is symbiotic between the monks and the lay Buddhists.

Note here where the former very famous King of Thailand went on his alms round

His Majesty the King as Buddhist Monk on Alms Round during his ordination as a monk;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vawFThXgES0

Do you think he was begging literally?

Note the term 'begging' was introduced by you in reference in your delusion I was begging you to teach me salvation. Then you change the subject to buddhist monks 'begging' during their alms round.

The Buddha was very dynamic and I don't believe the Buddha would condone 'alms round' in the current modern era.
Personally the act of alms round [confined only certain Theravada tradition] in the modern era by SOME monks should be stopped.

You still have much ignorance and stupidity in you.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:54 amIn this regard you are a munafig as Islam is worst where it is obligatory for all Muslims to pay zakat, if not they could go to hell.
Not all Muslims have an obligation to pay zakat, but only those who are rich. The poor benefit from the zakat. You still have much ignorance and stupidity in you.

I am well aware there is a clause in the Quran for Muslims, i.e. perform up to the best of your ability and competence and Allah is the final judge. This will apply to Zakat. Therefore if one is poor and has no means there is no need to pay.
But the point is Zakat is obligatory to all Muslims subject to the poverty condition.

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:54 amAs I had stated above, that monks going on a daily round of gathering food is not 'begging' in the literal sense of a bad conduct. The Buddha denounced bad actions and advocated right actions is in the Noble 8 Fold Paths.
Siddhartha was a beggar and the Buddhist monks who followed/follows him are lazy parasitic scumbags.

The pros outweigh the cons in Theravadian monks going on alms round.
Personally such activities should be stopped especially in our modern era.

The above activity cannot be worst than the Quran condoning war, looting from non-Muslims which had inspired SOME [a critical quantum] evil prone Muslims to commit such evils.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:54 amBut to condemn the practice of charging interest [an essential element of economics] outright is stupidity.
I do not think so. I think that as you yourself admitted, interest/usury is evil and on this, we agree. And if one were not to condemn what one already considers to be an evil due to fear of the present economic environment, then it will be cowardice and hypocrisy on one’s part. I do not want to be like Siddhartha, i.e. rude with the weak but meek with the rude, and the latter is cowardice and hypocrisy. I think one has to be consistent. I believe that even if on an individual level one cannot change the current system, we have the choice on an individual level not to take part in it if we judge that it is evil. That is called moral integrity. My course of action from this moral judgment is that I do not take interests from banks and I do not engage in transactions that involve interests. That is my personal moral choice; nobody has forced me into it and nobody can force me out of it. It is my will which I have exercised freely.
You are just following blindly a God which is illusory due to some active desperate existential crisis within you.

I did not admit usury is evil in general, I stated abuses, exploitation of extreme high interest is evil.

It is very dogmatic and stupid to reject the reasonable practice of interest in normal circumstances.

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:54 amExplain how the denouncing of asceticism is equivalent to promoting sexual debauchery.
You are stupid. I did not say that denouncing asceticism was equivalent to promoting sexual debauchery. I said I understand that he would denounce asceticism given that he was promoting sexual debauchery. There is a difference. His denouncing asceticism and promoting sexual debauchery are consistent actions. One cannot promote sexual debauchery and also promote asceticism, that would have been contradictory. So as he was promoting sexual debauchery, it is logical that he must also denounce asceticism. If you still do not understand the difference, don’t worry about it. There is a subtle logical distinction concerning the order of the antecedent and the consequent in a conditional that is critical to understand the nuance of my statements here. And the latter might well be beyond your level.
You are SO stupid in correlating sexual debauchery with asceticism.
In general asceticism is practiced by living alone in an isolated area far from civilization to facilitate the modulation of one's basic impulses. In this case, where are the sexual partners for the orgies and sexual debauchery?

You are very uneducated and stupid on this, note;
Asceticism (/əˈsɛtɪsɪzəm/; from the Greek: ἄσκησις áskesis, "exercise, training") is a lifestyle characterized by abstinence from sensual pleasures, often for the purpose of pursuing spiritual goals.
Ascetics may withdraw from the world for their practices or continue to be part of their society, but typically adopt a frugal lifestyle, characterised by the renunciation of material possessions and physical pleasures, and time spent fasting while concentrating on the practice of religion or reflection upon spiritual matters.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asceticism
Veritas Aequitas

Averroes wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:03 am I think that it is a good idea that you have started imitating and mimicking me. One more thing that would be very beneficial for you to imitate/mimic of me is the following statement:

I testify that there is no god, except Allah, and I testify that Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) is the Messenger of Allah.

In Arabic transliteration: “ASH-HADU ANLA ELAHA ILLA-ALLAH WA ASH-HADU ANNA MOHAMMADAN RASUL-ALLAH”
Note I was merely echoing what is relevant to show you are actually ignorant, childish and immature in your thoughts.

As far as God is concern, it is moot to me, note
God is an Impossibility
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24704
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:27 am Other than the Quran itself, which is the book or books do you think best represent the truth of the Quran? Reference? I will be interested to know where you dig.
Of course.

The best representation of the truth of the Quran is the Holy Quran itself. The Holy Quran is the criterion by which other books are to be assessed for truth.

• The Truth is from your Lord, so do not be among the doubters. [Quran 2:147]
  • And Allah will establish the truth by His words, even if the criminals dislike it. [Quran 10:82]
  • And say, “Truth has come, and falsehood has perished. Indeed, the falsehood is bound to perish.” [Quran 17:81]

Now, to understand the message of truth revealed by God, the Almighty in the Holy Quran, one needs to have the text of the Holy Quran in a language in which one understands first and foremost, and then one needs to have a sincere and humble intention to seek knowledge and wisdom from the Holy Quran.

• I will turn away from My Signs those who are arrogant on the earth without right; and even if they see every sign, they will not believe in it. And if they see the way of righteousness, they will not adopt it as a way, and if they see the way of error, they will adopt it as a way. That is because they denied Our Signs and they were heedless of them. [Quran 7:146]

And then one needs to be able to use one’s intellect and have understanding. If one is stupid and foolish, then one will not be able to understand the message of the Holy Quran.

• (This is) a blessed Book which, We have revealed to you [O Muhammad], that they may ponder over its Verses and those of understanding may be reminded. [Quran 38:29]
And then one must make an effort to use that intellect to ponder upon the verses of the Holy Quran.

Allah, the All-Knowing says in the Quran, interpretation of meaning:
  • Then do they not ponder on the Quran? If it had been from other than Allah, surely they would have found much contradictions in it. [Holy Quran, interpretation of meaning 4:82]
Then one must put into practice what one has learned from the Holy Quran.

• And who is more wrong than he who is reminded of the Verses of his Lord but turns away from them and forgets what his hands have sent forth? Indeed, We have placed coverings over their hearts, lest they understand it, and in their ears deafness. And if you call them to guidance, then never they will be guided. [Quran 15:57]
I hope you can understand these references I have given you. Thank you for having asked me these questions. I hope you can understand my answers. And I hope that through our exchange many Philosophy Now forum members get the opportunity of benefitting from the message of the Holy Quran. For were you not in a discussion with me, I would not have had this great opportunity of talking about the great religion of Islam. It was interesting to have exchanged with you. I really benefitted from this exchange.

And I praise and thank Allah, the Most Compassionate for this opportunity He, the Most Generous has given me. And I thank Allah, the All-Wise for all the support and knowledge that He has given me.
Yes, I noted the verses you presented above but those verses are very skewed and do not represent the ethos of Islam as in the Quran.

Btw, for the English translation which one do you refer most?

Other than the Quran itself or Ahadith, which books are you reading and which ones do you think are the best that you would recommend.

I have researched the Quran extensively and I will ask all sorts of relevant question about the Quran, BUT do not misinterpret I am interested in becoming a Muslim. Of course, you can hope.

If you think God is so Great, you should counter my arguments against God's existence in the following thread;

God is an Impossibility
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24704

I have asked you before;
Out of the 6,236 verses in the Quran,
1. How many verses refer to non-believers favorably?
2. How many verses refer to non-beleivers unfavorably and negatively?

Another question,
As a Muslim do you agree you have to enter into a covenant [spiritual contract] with Allah?

The Contract/Covenant With God
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24687

Perhaps you could make some comments in that thread from a Muslim's point of view.
Averroes

Post by Averroes »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:45 am You cannot deny you have been copying & pasting and using ideas from other sources.
Which sources? You are stupid.

I do not ‘copy and paste from sources’ because that is illegal and it is called plagiarism. What I do is that I quote (by giving the references) from authorities, i.e. experts, scholars, academics, scientists, linguists and the likes who have expert knowledge in their respective fields. So, even though I quote from authorities by giving due credit to them, I would never copy and paste (i.e. plagiarize) anyone because firstly it is illegal but most importantly because I find it disgraceful and repugnant to take credit for the hard work of others like those lazy parasitic Buddhist monks profit from the hard work of others. You are so stupid that you do not recognize the difference between quoting and ‘copying and pasting.’ And yet again you need to be spoon fed on proper use of the English language.

A professor of English said about ‘quoting’:
English Professor Renee Nimtz wrote:

Three ways to save yourself from plagiarizing are summary, paraphrase and quote.
(...)
A quote seems so easy because you merely take the original text, put it in quotation marks and put it into your paper. Well, not so fast.

Students tend to think that they should quote the most in the paper. And why not? It’s the easiest, and tends to make the paper longer, but by quoting someone, you are saying something about the text.

You are saying that the way the person wrote the text him or herself is so powerful and so impactful that if you were to rewrite it in any way, it would lose it’s impact and value. If that is not the case, you should summarize or paraphrase it. You should actually quote the least.

That means that if you put “” marks around text, it better be really powerful language.

Site: http://en.writecheck.com/blog/2013/10/1 ... uote-video
So while I quote from authorities, who are experts in their fields, on the other hand you copy and paste from me! In copying and pasting from me, you have acknowledged my superior intellect and knowledge over you. And, of course, you are right on this. I would never mimic your writings because you are too stupid and ignorant. That is why I am so flattered that you are still copying and pasting from me! As you are a lazy stupid parasite, you can continue copy and paste from my writings, I do not mind at all!

• He (Allah) grants wisdom to whom He wills, and whoever is granted wisdom, then certainly he has been granted abundant good. And none remembers it except those of understanding. [Holy Quran 2:269]

Post by Averroes »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:45 am I had suggested you don't use derogatory words and personal attacks in your posts but you insist.
There is absolutely no personal attacks in my posts. I simply state the facts. You are stupid, ignorant and a lazy parasite. Nothing personal in that but just plain factual statements.