God is an Impossibility

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 7079
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm
Location: Nowhere

Re: God is an Impossibility

Post by Dontaskme » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:37 am

Dontaskme wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:31 pm


What is an empirical ''thing'' ?
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:07 am
Verifiable by observation or experience mean Science not merely personal experiences and personal inferences.
Good, so then at least we can both agree on that, ain't that sumthin !:wink:
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:07 am
Now show me how is perfection [absolute] a possibility within the empirical world + understanding + rationality?
You cannot, thus God is an impossibility based on the OP's argument.
Show me what has (perfection) got anything to do with the observer of the empirical world + understanding + rationality?
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:07 am
p.s. suggest you explore the term 'absolute' and 'perfect' thoroughly in the philosophical perspective before you response.
Thanks for the tip. And thank god for there always being available a knowledge on demand eh! 8)
I cannot thank the inner-net enough. :mrgreen:

.

Veritas Aequitas
Posts: 2781
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:41 am

Re: God is an Impossibility

Post by Veritas Aequitas » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:06 am

Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:37 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:07 am
Now show me how is perfection [absolute] a possibility within the empirical world + understanding + rationality?
You cannot, thus God is an impossibility based on the OP's argument.
Show me what has (perfection) got anything to do with the observer of the empirical world + understanding + rationality?
You missed my point.

Here is the argument;
  • P1 Theists claim God must be perfect [absolute].
    P2 What is real [empirical world + understanding + rationality] CANNOT be perfect [absolute].
    C3 Therefore the absolutely perfect God cannot be real.
In the above I am asking you whether you can show,
What is real [empirical world + understanding + rationality] CAN be absolutely perfect.
If you can prove this, then God can possibly be real.

Note the philosophical terms 'absolute' and 'perfect'.

Age
Posts: 3611
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: God is an Impossibility

Post by Age » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:21 am

Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:58 am
Age wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:36 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:10 am
That you could be the same as the mentally ill person claiming to have had experiences with God could be justified with you consulting a psychiatrist.

Other than that, it is your autism again playing with the words 'LOOK AT' and 'WHAT IS".
It is not for me to look and what is.
It is for you to justified what you are seeing as real.
So far you have not provided any proofs to justify what is that you are looking at.

In another perspective you emphasized "IS".
The small letter "is' is merely a copula that connect an subject with a predicate as an object.
Whatever that object is, one need to provide proofs it exists as real.
E.g. This is an apple can be justified with the empirical evidence the qualities of an apple. This 'is an apple' is conditioned by humans and do not stand by itself.

As for a big cap "IS' I presume you meant a thing-in-itself that is absolute independent of the human self. Tell me if this is wrong.
What you presumed IS completely and utterly WRONG.

I have already suggested WHY it is better to NEVER assume any thing.
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:10 am
If that is the case, "IS" is an illusion.
It is NOT the case, so this is completely and utterly moot.
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:10 am
You have shown and justify nothing that God is a possibility to be real.
Obviously. I said previously that you are completely incapable of SEEING some things.

As I said previously, which you may have MISSED; You were saying that you have already proven "God is an impossibility to be real" and that it is even a "non starter". YET, here I am having just proven that 'God is a possibility to be real'. So, where does this leave us now EXACTLY?

How many times have I told you that you have shown and justify nothing, OTHER THAN TO YOUR OWN SELF, that "God is an impossibility to be real"?

In other words, the ONLY ONE that you have proven God is an impossibility to be real" is your own self. Even though you continually write that you have proven this, thee Truth IS you have ONLY proven it to 'you'.

When are you going to SEE and UNDERSTAND this FACT?

This means that you have NOT proven, in the True sense, that 'God is a possibility to be real is a non starter'. You have only proven this, in the relative sense, to you, ONLY.

This is WHAT I have been wanting to SHOW here

What I have also been SHOWING here is how you LOOK AT and CRITICIZE the personality of the ones that you are arguing against far more than you do actually LOOK AT and COUNTER the actual words being said.

Even though I made this clear in my last post to you, you still went ahead and remarked here about me in relation to being "autistic", a "schizo", as well as a "mentally ill person", suggesting that I need to see a psychiatrist, and all because I view things differently than you do.

Some readers will be NOTICING who it is who is having the 'psychotic' or 'schizophrenic' issues here as well as who is showing signs of 'mental illness' here. But that is certainly up to them to decide this, and NOT me.

Now, IF you want to get back on track and stay on there, WHAT evidence do you have that proves that 'God is an impossibility to be real'?

I have ALREADY EXPOSED and SHOWN the evidence that I HAVE, which you once again completely MISSED.
It is not from my crude counters or wild imaginations.
I am comparing you to the mentally ill because what you are proposing is also experienced by the mentally ill.
I gave supporting evidence like this;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIiIsDIkDtg
I have done extensive research in this area and there are tons of evidence I could produce if we are to dig further.
Do you work in the field with the mentally ill? Or, have you just done your own so called "extensive research" on your own, and have come to absolutely and amazingly coincidental finding, that "those who do not accept and agree with what I say and in fact say the opposite are mentally ill"?
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:58 am
What you are doing is forcing what you personally experienced onto to others and worst without any justifications.


And LOL you are not?
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:58 am
All you have is what is in your head. You are so foolishly arrogant because you insist others will not know your personal experiences. This is what the mentally ills often do. But you and those mentally ills are not aware this delusion is well researched.
But I am now. You just informed of what you believe is true, and so I SHOULD also now KNOW of this "FACT", and start BELIEVING it is true also, correct?
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:58 am
What I have done is not my personal experience but an argument that is sound as abstracted and reasoned from real experiences [P1]. This open to all to counter.
So, if you believe you can form an argument not from your personal experiences, then I would LOVE to hear and see how you could do some thing, not from your personal experience.
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:58 am
All you need to do is to counter my argument with objective reasoning.
I have. But you FAILED to RECOGNIZE and SEE it. Even you lack of interest in knowing what evidence you MISSED and where IT was, is just another sign of you NOT wanting to even LOOK AT any thing other than what you BELIEVE is absolutely true, right, and correct.

Is there any use in me asking you again; What actual evidence do you have that actually proves "God is an impossibility to be real"?

By the way, and just out of curiosity; WHY do you continue having discussions with me, who is as "mentally ill" as you make out I am and would love to believe I am?

Age
Posts: 3611
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: God is an Impossibility

Post by Age » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:31 am

Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:07 am
Dontaskme wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:31 pm
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:31 am
At the ultimate level, God is merely an idea, not a concept nor empirical thing to be perceived.
What is an empirical ''thing'' ?
Now you are asking.
You should have asked before wasting your time on 'possibility' in the above post.

Here is the basic meaning which is sufficient for the present;
  • Empirical = based on, concerned with, or verifiable by observation or experience rather than theory or pure logic.
    -google dictionary
Verifiable by observation or experience mean Science not merely personal experiences and personal inferences.

Now show me how is perfection [absolute] a possibility within the empirical world + understanding + rationality?
You cannot, thus God is an impossibility based on the OP's argument.
This is how I read and see your words.

Show me some thing.

You can not.

Therefore, I KNOW some thing with absolutely 100% certainty, and I KNOW for sure that I am RIGHT, without any questioning and without doubt.


Have you EVER heard of the saying; 'Be OPEN' to some thing else?

You are so CLOSED that you ask for some thing/evidence in one sentence BUT in your very next sentence you make the outrageous claim that that one can not do it.

Have you EVER heard of 'waiting', 'patience', and 'being OPEN' to LOOKING AT and SEEING what "other people bring forward and to LISTENING to their points of views?

Or, are you just so sure of yourself and your views that you KNOW you could NOT be wrong, and if any one says any thing differently to you, then, to you, those ones are either just "mentally ill" or just plain old completely and utterly WRONG?
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:07 am
p.s. suggest you explore the term 'absolute' and 'perfect' thoroughly in the philosophical perspective before you response.

Age
Posts: 3611
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: God is an Impossibility

Post by Age » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:42 am

Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:06 am
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:37 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:07 am
Now show me how is perfection [absolute] a possibility within the empirical world + understanding + rationality?
You cannot, thus God is an impossibility based on the OP's argument.
Show me what has (perfection) got anything to do with the observer of the empirical world + understanding + rationality?
You missed my point.

Here is the argument;
  • P1 Theists claim God must be perfect [absolute].
    P2 What is real [empirical world + understanding + rationality] CANNOT be perfect [absolute].
You MISSED where I told you that this PERFECTION ALREADY EXISTS and MISSED where I told you this.
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:06 am
C3 Therefore the absolutely perfect God cannot be real.[/list]
You MUST have MISSED this part as well. That is; Therefore, God IS Real AND True.

In the above I am asking you whether you can show,
What is real [empirical world + understanding + rationality] CAN be absolutely perfect.
If you can prove this, then God can possibly be real.
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:06 am
Note the philosophical terms 'absolute' and 'perfect'.
I have done this ALREADY. But you keep MISSING it, unintentionally or purposely.

Also, I have POINTED OUT the FACT that some thing can NOT be SHOWN nor PROVEN to those like you when it is BELIEVED that that thing does not exist.

BUT you keep MISSING my point here also.

Also, I have ALREADY PROVEN what I claimed, that is; God is a possibility to be real'. But, as I have ALREADY stated, you can NOT prove what you claim, that is; 'God is an impossibility to be real'. BUT, once again, you MISSED my PROOF and EVIDENCE. This MISSING things is a very common theme with you.

Do you do this because you are BLINDED by your own beliefs, or for some other reason, you think?

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 7079
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm
Location: Nowhere

Re: God is an Impossibility

Post by Dontaskme » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:12 pm

Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:06 am
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:37 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:07 am
Now show me how is perfection [absolute] a possibility within the empirical world + understanding + rationality?
You cannot, thus God is an impossibility based on the OP's argument.
Show me what has (perfection) got anything to do with the observer of the empirical world + understanding + rationality?
You missed my point.

Here is the argument;
  • P1 Theists claim God must be perfect [absolute].
    P2 What is real [empirical world + understanding + rationality] CANNOT be perfect [absolute].
    C3 Therefore the absolutely perfect God cannot be real.
In the above I am asking you whether you can show,
What is real [empirical world + understanding + rationality] CAN be absolutely perfect.
If you can prove this, then God can possibly be real.

Note the philosophical terms 'absolute' and 'perfect'.
You missed my point.

'absolute' and 'perfect' are concepts KNOWN...they do not exist in reality except as thought...aka illusions.

Nothing is perfect, I am perfect imperfection.

There is no such thing as imperfection because the universe does not personify such attributes upon itself. It's an idea that's all, a perfect imperfection. What is wrong with right now unless you think about it - eh Buddha?



.

Veritas Aequitas
Posts: 2781
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:41 am

Re: God is an Impossibility

Post by Veritas Aequitas » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:54 am

Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:12 pm
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:06 am
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:37 am


Show me what has (perfection) got anything to do with the observer of the empirical world + understanding + rationality?
You missed my point.

Here is the argument;
  • P1 Theists claim God must be perfect [absolute].
    P2 What is real [empirical world + understanding + rationality] CANNOT be perfect [absolute].
    C3 Therefore the absolutely perfect God cannot be real.
In the above I am asking you whether you can show,
What is real [empirical world + understanding + rationality] CAN be absolutely perfect.
If you can prove this, then God can possibly be real.

Note the philosophical terms 'absolute' and 'perfect'.
You missed my point.

'absolute' and 'perfect' are concepts KNOWN...they do not exist in reality except as thought...aka illusions.

Nothing is perfect, I am perfect imperfection.

There is no such thing as imperfection because the universe does not personify such attributes upon itself. It's an idea that's all, a perfect imperfection. What is wrong with right now unless you think about it - eh Buddha?
Your God as perfect-imperfection is nonsense.
Perfect sh1t is still sh1t.
Imperfect sh1t is still sh1t.

My OP is with reference to the theists' claim which in a way is logical [albeit pseudo], i.e.
God is an entity than which no greater can exists.
There is no such thing as imperfection because the universe does not personify such attributes upon itself. It's an idea that's all, a perfect imperfection. What is wrong with right now unless you think about it - eh Buddha?
Isn't it obvious the Universe does not personify?

What personify or depersonify is 'you' yourself.
In your case, you are have a depersonalization problem which need consultation.

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 7079
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm
Location: Nowhere

Re: God is an Impossibility

Post by Dontaskme » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:31 am

Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:54 am
Your God as perfect-imperfection is nonsense.
It's only nonsesene in the sense there is no ''my god'' except within the dream of illusory separation.
God is an only child, he's a bastard. Stop bastardizing the bastard. God does everything all on it's own little ownsome perfectly well without or with the dream characters input on the matter.
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:54 am
Perfect sh1t is still sh1t.
Imperfect sh1t is still sh1t.
That's what I said.
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:54 am
My OP is with reference to the theists' claim which in a way is logical [albeit pseudo], i.e.
God is an entity than which no greater can exists.
There's no such entity in reality as ''a theist'' except in this conception known, within the dream of illusory separation that has no power to name, to claim, to blame, or have any fame, authority or ownership of anything because there is only everything one without a second, the one and only one - one with itself.
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:54 am
Isn't it obvious the Universe does not personify?
That's what I said.
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:54 am
What personify or depersonify is 'you' yourself.
The personal or impersonal is an appearance - these are concepts known and have about as much character as does a character in a nightly dream - they know nothing of their existence...for they are KNOWN by not-a-thing.

There is only YOU and you do not appear, you have never been born. Only the mind of thought is born within the dream of separation,an appearance within YOU...but not YOU....this is KNOWN within itself and is the ultimate irrefutable truth.
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:54 am
In your case, you are have a depersonalization problem which need consultation.
You have no proof of such a claim, and since the universe doesn't make claims or personify itself, you might just as well be talking to a garden gnome and inform it it's needs a consultation. If you want to play this game of hide and seek with me forever, I am more than happy to play, since I've ( the idea of 'me' ) has got nothing better to do while hanging around waiting to die. So thanks for providing entertainment while I wait to see what happens next. (which is usually nothing that I know of)



.

Veritas Aequitas
Posts: 2781
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:41 am

Re: God is an Impossibility

Post by Veritas Aequitas » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:27 am

Dontaskme wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:31 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:54 am
Your God as perfect-imperfection is nonsense.
It's only nonsesene in the sense there is no ''my god'' except within the dream of illusory separation.
God is an only child, he's a bastard. Stop bastardizing the bastard. God does everything all on it's own little ownsome perfectly well without or with the dream characters input on the matter.
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:54 am
Perfect sh1t is still sh1t.
Imperfect sh1t is still sh1t.
That's what I said.
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:54 am
My OP is with reference to the theists' claim which in a way is logical [albeit pseudo], i.e.
God is an entity than which no greater can exists.
There's no such entity in reality as ''a theist'' except in this conception known, within the dream of illusory separation that has no power to name, to claim, to blame, or have any fame, authority or ownership of anything because there is only everything one without a second, the one and only one - one with itself.
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:54 am
Isn't it obvious the Universe does not personify?
That's what I said.
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:54 am
What personify or depersonify is 'you' yourself.
The personal or impersonal is an appearance - these are concepts known and have about as much character as does a character in a nightly dream - they know nothing of their existence...for they are KNOWN by not-a-thing.

There is only YOU and you do not appear, you have never been born. Only the mind of thought is born within the dream of separation,an appearance within YOU...but not YOU....this is KNOWN within itself and is the ultimate irrefutable truth.
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:54 am
In your case, you are have a depersonalization problem which need consultation.
You have no proof of such a claim, and since the universe doesn't make claims or personify itself, you might just as well be talking to a garden gnome and inform it it's needs a consultation. If you want to play this game of hide and seek with me forever, I am more than happy to play, since I've ( the idea of 'me' ) has got nothing better to do while hanging around waiting to die. So thanks for providing entertainment while I wait to see what happens next. (which is usually nothing that I know of)
It is a mental illness.
  • Depersonalization can consist of a detachment within the self, regarding one's mind or body, or being a detached observer of oneself.[1] Subjects feel they have changed and that the world has become vague, dreamlike, less real, lacking in significance or being outside reality while looking in. Chronic depersonalization refers to depersonalization-derealization disorder, which is classified by the DSM-5 as a dissociative disorder.
    -wiki

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 7079
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm
Location: Nowhere

Re: God is an Impossibility

Post by Dontaskme » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:37 am

Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:27 am
It is a mental illness.
  • Depersonalization can consist of a detachment within the self, regarding one's mind or body, or being a detached observer of oneself.[1] Subjects feel they have changed and that the world has become vague, dreamlike, less real, lacking in significance or being outside reality while looking in. Chronic depersonalization refers to depersonalization-derealization disorder, which is classified by the DSM-5 as a dissociative disorder.
    -wiki
Only within the dream of separation.

The believing brain is powerful, that which is believed will manifest be it in form or formless for so be it.

That which is powerful is AI

.

Mental illness can only pertain to a mind.

There is no such thing as a mind.

Now, check out nature and ask yourself is it mentally ill?

I don't think so.

.

Veritas Aequitas
Posts: 2781
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:41 am

Re: God is an Impossibility

Post by Veritas Aequitas » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:40 am

Dontaskme wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:37 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:27 am
It is a mental illness.
  • Depersonalization can consist of a detachment within the self, regarding one's mind or body, or being a detached observer of oneself.[1] Subjects feel they have changed and that the world has become vague, dreamlike, less real, lacking in significance or being outside reality while looking in. Chronic depersonalization refers to depersonalization-derealization disorder, which is classified by the DSM-5 as a dissociative disorder.
    -wiki
Only within the dream of separation.

The believing brain is powerful, that which is believed will manifest be it in form or formless for so be it.

That which is powerful is AI

.

Mental illness can only pertain to a mind.

There is no such thing as a mind.
Once you get medicated, your views would be more sane and rational.

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 7079
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm
Location: Nowhere

Re: God is an Impossibility

Post by Dontaskme » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:53 am

Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:40 am
Once you get medicated, your views would be more sane and rational.
Only when you find no things in your mind and find Mind in no things, are you empty and spiritual, formless and marvellous.
Thanks but no thanks, I have my own marvelous medicine which is being able to think for myself, imagine that! :shock:

So just keep on pushing those drugs Doctor Id i ot, the pharmaceutical corporation giants are BANKING on your co-operation to dumb down the smart guys.

The crazy's will always outsmart the intellectuals. They are talking / taking over the asylum ..whooopi doooo!!

.

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 7079
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm
Location: Nowhere

Re: God is an Impossibility

Post by Dontaskme » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:06 am

Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:40 am
Once you get medicated, your views would be more sane and rational.
This 'other you' that 'you there' are refering to HERE is the garden gnome in the mind THERE. You cannot know anything outside of the mind that is already you there. If you are as you are, without a mind and it's conceptions about various things, all will be well with you.

Right meditation (NOT medication) is the realisation of mind itself, of it's pure undifferentiated essence.

If you insist on inventing other minds, then you might just as well be talking to your garden gnome. :lol:

.

User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5401
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Star Dust Metamorphosis

Re: God is an Impossibility

Post by SpheresOfBalance » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:45 pm

Perfection speaks of an ideal something that all other copies of the same something must be compared, as the copies are not exact duplicates. But the question is whom or what is to decide what is ideal. You? Me? Him, Her, Them? It? So called Power? So called Authority? If one's premises are invalid the conclusion is always false. Perspective is everything when deciding what is ideal, and there is no necessarily ideal perspective.

With humans and their selfish, silly, petty, immature, self defeating, contradicting, relative, bickering over rarity, resources, power, righteousness, truth etc, at least I can see no ideal model amongst us. We are all just chemical variations of a theme, bound by any particular set of environmental causalities. None of which can be said, at this particular time in our ongoing evolution, as being necessarily ideal. I think that day is far into the future, if we can outlive our current set of flaws.

The absolute; meaning that which pre-dates human existence, no one necessarily 'knows,' either empirically or via the use of the scientific method. All is purely extrapolation, conjecture, hypothesis, and theory, at a time much after the facts have been laid down. So no ideal model from the absolute perspective is possible, at least at this time. That is if it is indeed probable that the universe 'intended' for humans to exist.

As to the possibility of a creator (god), no one necessarily knows at this stage of our evolution, which doesn't mean that it isn't possible. From what we've learned so far, it might seem to some that the probability is low, and gets lower every day, but that we can't know what we don't know lends to possibility, as it always has.

As to there being a creator of intention, I know that there shall be none privileged of the knowledge, physics, (especially time), history, cultural anthropology and the human psyche being the proof. Of course there shall continue to be those that are the most fearful, that desire power and control over their lives, that believe otherwise.

Justintruth
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:10 pm

Re: God is an Impossibility

Post by Justintruth » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:39 am

Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:50 am
Here is an argument, Why God is an Impossibility to be real.

There are two types of perfection for philosophical consideration, i.e.
  • 1. Relative perfection
    2. Absolute perfection
1. Relative perfection
If one's answers in an objective tests are ALL correct that is a 100% perfect score.
Perfect scores 10/10 or 7/7 used to be given to extra-ordinary performance in diving, gymnastics, skating, and the likes. So perfection from the relative perspective can happen and exist within man-made systems of empirically-based measurements.

2. Absolute perfection
Absolute perfection is an idea, ideal, and it is only a thought that can arise from pure reason and never the empirical at all.
Absolute perfection is an impossibility in the empirical, thus exist only theoretically.
Examples are perfect circle, square, triangle, etc.

Generally, perfection is attributed to God. Any god with less than perfect attributes would be subjected to being inferior to another's god.
As such, God has to be absolutely perfect which is the ontological god, i.e. god is a Being than which no greater can be conceived.


So,
  • P1. Absolute perfection is an impossibility to be real
    P2. God, imperatively must be absolutely perfect
    C. Therefore God is an impossibility to be real.

Can any theist or non-theist counter the above?
The problem is you have to prove that something that is impossible to be empirical is impossible to be real else you have:

So,
  • P1. Absolute perfection is an impossibility to be empirical
    P2. God, imperatively must be absolutely perfect
    C. Therefore God is an impossibility to be empirical.
As you have written it it's wrong. As I have written it I think it is correct.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests