Youth Violence = Deprived OF Christian Values = Aggressive Secularism.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greta

Re: Youth Violence = Deprived OF Christian Values = Aggressive Secularism.

Post by Greta »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:18 amI think it is becoming increasingly crucial to have supportive friends of a kindred mindset (protective tribes to belong to), to help us have some laughter and lightness, as well as to remind us (and pull us back) when we feel like we're falling over the edge.
I'm wired to be a bit of a loner so that's not a concern for me. When I feel brought down by it all I look at the sky and remember our existential situation ... you would know my usual line by now (at least I'll admit repeating myself haha) ... that we are effective Flatlanders on a living world we don't much yet comprehend within this vast cosmos. Still, you are geographically much closer to the centre of the creeping madness in the US.
Greta wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:01 pmIt's very difficult! I love wildlife. I interact with it a lot where I live. I've had an influx of animals due to nearby logging that was done in the Spring... destroying their nests and natural rhythms in some beautiful old growth forest that is all gone now. My neighbor and I have set up a "safe zone" for animals along our border (his awesome idea) -- including official documents that prevent any future logging or construction there. I like to think that the animals have somewhere safe to go.

I don't know what else to do.
There is not much else you can do (If you don't much like the solutions offered by the two evangelist warriors here, ie. looking forward to The Apocalypse or claiming that it doesn't matter because it's not real).

The wildlife corridor is an excellent move. Think global, act local, and all that. I just avoid poisons in the garden and consider plants that don't need much water and attract bees and birds. It's hard to get a garden going when a semi-permanent drought seems to have descended on us, though. It's like Australia is almost permanently dominated by huge high pressure zones that push all the rain that would normally fall into the middle of the country north and south, who are having storms and floods while the regions caught in the middle of the endless daisy chain of high pressure systems are in in what seems like permanent drought.

I hate hot weather and love the rain so it doesn't suit me. Pretty sure we will break some heat records this summer; we keep creeping closer to 50C, which is intimidating, especially when the air is thick with smoke from hazard reduction burns and wildfires.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Lacewing
I've been thinking this too. It is tragic, and heartbreaking to bear witness to. So much beauty being destroyed.
Instead of worrying about saving the planet it would be better to worry about saving our species from the effects of psycho/spiritual devolution

The scale of time for the earth is far different than for Man. A day for the earth could be equivalent to a generation for us. Whatever we do to the earth will be repaired over time by the earth. However what we do for ourselves is another matter.

Organic life on earth transforms substances of all different qualities. That is what it does. Life on earth feeds the needs of the earth. Man is the highest form of animal evolution so has within its being all the different qualities of energy in matter that comprise animal and vegetable life.

Places on earth such as the coral reefs and rain forests contain a finer quality of matter necessary for developing consciousness. When we kill off the rain forests and coral reefs we destroy the production of the rare finer quality of matter necessary for nature's needs. Nature then takes these finer substances from our being which is good for nature but unfortunate for Man. Instead of our being evolving, it begins to devolve from the loss of these fine substances necessary for the development of consciousness. The devolution is obvious for all those willing to open their eyes with impartiality.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Pseudoscientific claptrap. It is not good form to just make things up on the spur of the moment and present them as reality on philosophy forums.

The continuation of rainforests and coral reefs allows for the production of food and beauty in themselves and in surrounding regions. Their existence does not actually prevent humans from achieving high qualities. That's a silly notion.

No one in their right mind would argue that the vicious, violent, sadistic and atavistic ancients were of "finer mind" than the moderns. We have come a long way, even if humanity retains a plentiful supply of idiots.
Greta

Post by Greta »

How convenient for the fossil fuel connected Republican Party to have deluded evangelists who are permanently on their side and who believe that the destruction of complex habitats is necessary for the advancement of humanity's higher qualities.

Where do people get these crazy ideas from? I'm pretty sure the Bible never advocated destruction of nature. My understanding is we were to hold a custodian role rather than one of wanton destruction for superstitious reasons.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Nick_A wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:24 am The devolution is obvious for all those willing to open their eyes with impartiality.
When are you going to recognize your own devolution, Nick? Sitting in a box festering over the same self-absorbed preaching for years, blaming enemies outside your box, because that box is more familiar and beloved than dealing with a vibrant evolving world and a vast range of evolved people that you do not see or understand as long as you stay in your box. You are more densely programmed than anyone here -- have you noticed? When will YOU open your eyes with impartiality?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Greta wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:01 pm

These two self indulgent pretenders are of the kind that drives serious people away from philosophy forums.
You two snipey little ankle biting rotweilers.. Do you not know how to read other peoples constructive objective criticism without getting all hysterical and personally offended about it? ...it's all opinions, just opinions, doesn't mean it's actually the way things are...we've all got a voice and not everyone is going to like what we have to say about what we choose to believe about the world we live in ..since none of us have ever been alive before, and what, are we supposed to have all this mystery of being alive all figured out all of a sudden?

Err, it's not like any one have got this life thing all figured out including you :shock: There is no one running the show man..there is no one in charge and there is no authourity that is going to smite you on the head for having an opinion.

No one knows jack shit, they just think they do that's all...we're all just barking dogs, trying to look clever, about sumut and nowt...stop taking yourself seriously, it's all no one singing songs (opinions) it's story time in fairyland disney...get over yourselves.

How can the experience that is a human being , which is just an expression of consciousness ever move forward within the dream and make the dream the best dream ever, unless the human knows who it is, what it is, and apply that knowledge for the good of all?

Do you know who or what you are? ..do you know you are not your avatar that is commonly believed by most?

Do you know that you cannot die, because you have never been born...do you know this?

Where is limitation, lack, fear and suffering in the world if there is no avatar here to fear or suffer or be limited or lack anything? ..can your mind even comprehend this?

Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:37 pm
Nick_A wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:24 am The devolution is obvious for all those willing to open their eyes with impartiality.
When are you going to recognize your own devolution, Nick? Sitting in a box festering over the same self-absorbed preaching for years, blaming enemies outside your box, because that box is more familiar and beloved than dealing with a vibrant evolving world and a vast range of evolved people that you do not see or understand as long as you stay in your box. You are more densely programmed than anyone here -- have you noticed? When will YOU open your eyes with impartiality?
We do what we understand. We have a choice of things to do at a given time and we choose what we understand as the desirable thing for us. If we are on a diet and we choose to eat a box of cookies it is because at the time eating the cookies was the desirable thing to do.

Over a recent weekend 66 people were shot and twelve killed. It was the desirable thing to do. Explain to me why and what were the other choices at the time. Why was the desire to kill the desire chosen? Is this a sign of conscious evolution or devolution?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/05/us/chica ... index.html
Walker

Post by Walker »

The Chicago violence is a result of Democratic Party social policies.

The mayor was Obama's chief of staff before he was mayor, and before him there were decades of the party machine in Chicago.
Last edited by Walker on Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Walker wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:38 pm The Chicago violence is a result of Democratic Party social policies.
How do these policies create the understanding that it is desirable to kill?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Sanctuary City = gang haven.

No arrests for the shootings.
Last edited by Walker on Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:50 pm...
It's all opinions (as you say), so why are YOU getting all hysterical about it? Can your mind even comprehend the spin you are in?
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:50 pm Do you know who or what you are?...
No one knows jack shit, they just think they do that's all...
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:48 pm Can your mind even comprehend the spin you are in?

Question: Do you know who or what you are?...

Answer: No one knows jack shit, they just think they do that's all...
The mind and the contents of mind are the same one.

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Nick_A wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:55 pm We do what we understand. We have a choice of things to do at a given time and we choose what we understand as the desirable thing for us.
Do you see "understanding" as belief or knowledge?
Nick_A wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:55 pmOver a recent weekend 66 people were shot and twelve killed. It was the desirable thing to do.
Okay.
Nick_A wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:55 pmWhy was the desire to kill the desire chosen?
I imagine there were many contributing factors.
Nick_A wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:55 pmIs this a sign of conscious evolution or devolution?
So, are you using this incident to try and justify your beliefs, while IGNORING and OMITTING all other instances of evolved thinking and behavior in humans? Why do you desire to choose such a dishonest argument? Because you do what you understand?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:03 pm
The mind and the contents of mind are the same one.

Physical (the senses)
Mental (thinking) = KNOWN = surface mind.

Pranic (energetic)
Higher mind (archetypal)
Nondual bliss (ecstatic) = UNKNOWN

As above so below.

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:03 pmThe mind and the contents of mind are the same one
So?

What does that have to do with you shifting context rather than directly addressing the crazy crap you say?