Youth Violence = Deprived OF Christian Values = Aggressive Secularism.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

SpheresOfBalance

Re: Youth Violence = Deprived OF Christian Values = Aggressive Secularism.

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Greta wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:08 pm
Dalek Prime wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:37 pm
Greta wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:28 pm
Obviously humans are fulfilling the role once performed by blue-green algae - agents of change in the biosphere.

However, the point is that these changes are not occurring due to humans' spiritual malaises as claimed by one here. There are simply too many people and not enough resources, along with extreme inequity and exploitation, resulting in all manner of social and economic upheaval.
Swear to God, Greta, you're sounding more like me everyday. Now cut it out. :lol:
Spheres of Balance yesterday said I was sounding like him.

Is this coincidence or ... *cue Twilight Zone theme* ...?
NO, NO, NO, it's just that on a lot of things we seem to agree. Not everything. I'll not place one of us over or below the other, that I'm older makes no difference at all!! We are not parrots, we are not self made clones of one another. We simply happen to agree on quite a few things, or so it surely seems to me. Of course I'll definitely say that you're "awesome" in the way that you think. ;-) :lol: I would, wouldn't I... ;-)

Peace, my friends!
SpheresOfBalance

Greta wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:29 pm
Dalek Prime wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:11 pm

Check your scalp for sutures, Greta. I think something happened in the night.... :?: :shock:
I thought the headaches were due to TMJ and a sinus infection ... hmm, yes, it does seem that my head has shrunk! ;)
:'-(
Greta

Post by Greta »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:30 pm
Dalek Prime wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:37 pm
Swear to God, Greta, you're sounding more like me everyday. Now cut it out. :lol:

NO, NO, NO, it's just that on a lot of things we seem to agree.
It's okay to admit that you, Dalek and me are clones, Spheres. I'm not ashamed to admit it any more!

Equal rights for clones! :mrgreen:
SpheresOfBalance

Greta wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:10 am
SpheresOfBalance wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:30 pm

NO, NO, NO, it's just that on a lot of things we seem to agree.
It's okay to admit that you, Dalek and me are clones, Spheres. I'm not ashamed to admit it any more!

Equal rights for clones! :mrgreen:
Well I disagree. But then, I love you for the many podiums on which you stand, not because they are the way I think, but rather that they are what is right, what is fair, what is just, that which considers the largest volume of universal truths, that which truly understands and loves life the most.

Obviously, I don't share your and Dalek's since of humor. And of course I never formulate humor to exclude others while including myself in any contrived, supposedly aloof group, so as to stroke my ego. Instead I simply state the facts as to why my thinking is more inclusive of everyone, while at the same time showing how theirs isn't. In fact it holds the greater understanding of humanity. Though at the same time I do have a problem with allowing my passion, my emotions to get the better of me when opposing those that are far more selfish than me, the obvious liars. My one true ugly flaw! Intolerance of the wicked, in that moment of heated discussion, where their stubbornness precludes a greater understanding! And then sometimes it's just that I get tired of combating the continuous onslaught of lies, the disingenuous ploys.

Of course I also need to read more so as to brush up on my vocabulary and English writing skills. But then my greatest gift to all America and all her allies (free people?) was my sixteen year self sacrifice to ensure their life wasn't a vaporized memory by those hundreds of miles away; one of the reasons I understand the moral high ground and the current human condition so well.

But surely I digress as usual, but then everything is really connected, it's just so hard to stay focused on one train of thought, when considering this truth, and the implications of those other tracks.

Peace, my dear! And to all you others that try their very best to be all inclusive of all the human race, despite all the environmentally dictated permutations. ;-)
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote:... Opposition is strong but those with the need to become open will have the help of grace to open their minds and hearts to experience the inner vertical direction leading to wholeness. ...
You have a strange view of 'grace' as it is something 'God' bestows not because of your need.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Arising_uk wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:24 am
Nick_A wrote:... Opposition is strong but those with the need to become open will have the help of grace to open their minds and hearts to experience the inner vertical direction leading to wholeness. ...
You have a strange view of 'grace' as it is something 'God' bestows not because of your need.
Simone Weil's description of how a person can receive the energy of grace makes the most sense to me
"Grace fills empty spaces, but it can only enter where there is a void to receive it We must continually suspend the work of the imagination in filling the void within ourselves."

"In no matter what circumstances, if the imagination is stopped from pouring itself out, we have a void (the poor in spirit). In no matter what circumstances... imagination can fill the void. This is why the average human beings can become prisoners, slaves, prostitutes, and pass thru no matter what suffering without being purified."

"That is why we fly from the inner void, since God might steal into it. It is not the pursuit of pleasure and the aversion for effort which causes sin, but fear of God. We know that we cannot see him face to face without dying, and we do not want to die."
-- Gravity and Grace
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

You seem to be very far from 'grace' then as your imagination appears to be working overtime with respect to your crusade?

I'm also puzzled that you castigate others for just reciting others but appear to only do that yourself. Do you have any insights to offer from your own experience, techniques, methods, etc. You know, the things you would actually teach our young?