Youth Violence = Deprived OF Christian Values = Aggressive Secularism.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greta

Re: Youth Violence = Deprived OF Christian Values = Aggressive Secularism.

Post by Greta »

As I said - complete denial of the population, resource and climate change problems.

God shall provide, while scouring the Earth of secularist scum. That's a win/win for some - if they dare admit it.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Greta wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:51 am As I said - complete denial of the population, resource and climate change problems.

God shall provide, while scouring the Earth of secularist scum. That's a win/win for some - if they dare admit it.
The typical secular attitude. It only knows attack.

Matthew 22
18 But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said, “You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me? 19 Show me the coin used for paying the tax.” They brought him a denarius, 20 and he asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?”

21 “Caesar’s,” they replied.

Then he said to them, “So give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.”

22 When they heard this, they were amazed. So they left him and went away.
Of course some of the young are attracted to what this means yet the secularists will seek to crush any expressions of it especially in schools. The only thing we can give to God is our attention - our conscious awareness. But the secularists demand our attention be only directed at earthly considerations. Attack Trump. So any kid opening to what Jesus said will be reeducated as quickly as possible by the experts driving them to drugs, violence, and lord knows what else.
Greta

Post by Greta »

As I said, a COMPLETE denial of the population, resource and climate change problems.

A typical evangelist. Can only attack and lacks the honesty and intellect to actually address issues raised and attributes ZERO value to the wild.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Greta wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:30 pm As I said, a COMPLETE denial of the population, resource and climate change problems.

A typical evangelist. Can only attack and lacks the honesty and intellect to actually address issues raised and attributes ZERO value to the wild.
A Universalist by definition appreciates the verticality of the great chain of being which connects man to his Source. The secularist by definition is closed to the third dimension of thought and is limited to duality. This limitation keeps the being of Man chained to the earth.

The Universlist appreciates science since the universe is governed by laws science can study. However the secularist is closed to the vertical direction which is the source of human values. The result is that the secularist believes human values arise from the earth. A deadly misconception. The universalist knows they originated from above.

Over the weekend 66 people were shot in Chicago and 12 were killed. Why? The secularist blames Trump, money, guns, racism, poverty etc. The Universalist knows it is the loss of respect for life and the conscious potential for human being along with other values included within the Christian tradition that many no longer “feel.” The metaxu of America no longer reflects Christian values and humility and now only reflects secular values leading to the collective loss of the experience of conscience in order to acquire prestige. When a society’s culture becomes more shallow and loses its metaxu as appears to be happening, it indicates society is dying. The spirit killers consider it progress while 66 are shot. The effects of secularism have killed the body as well as the spirit in Chicago over the weekend. Two birds with one stone. A sure sign of deadly efficiency.
Greta

Post by Greta »

As I said, a COMPLETE denial of the population, resource and climate change problems.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Greta wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:36 am As I said, a COMPLETE denial of the population, resource and climate change problems.
Why deny problems? As soon as Eve was created there was a problem. Man has to become capable of solving problems. I'll leave denial to the blind deniers.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Your denial is so extreme that you cannot even bring yourself to acknowledge population, resource and climate change problems, let alone seek to alleviate them.

This is the fifth time in the row that you have waffled irrelevantly and wriggled to escape. Very poor form but that's no surprise from you.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Nick_A wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:45 pm
Greta wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:36 am As I said, a COMPLETE denial of the population, resource and climate change problems.
Why deny problems? As soon as Eve was created there was a problem. Man has to become capable of solving problems.
...and that was the beginning of philosophy! :lol: :lol:

Unfortunately, nothing was solved!
osgart

Post by osgart »

Technology has made a great quality of life for a lot of people. Because of this people begin to desire to have values. I dont see where Christianity means anything whatsoever. Through science, engineering, people see that civilization is precious, and life is worth living. Humans have graduated from merely surviving to prosperity. Because of this values become increasingly important.

Also democracy paved the way for people to prosper. The promise of freedom, that idea that one can be free, is what drives humans past survival and into prosperity. And each generation pushed to gain more freedom, and equality then was previously allowed.

Christianity is a theocracy, and creates an us vs. the world mentality.

Any ideology , secular or religious, is going to challenge and oppress human rights to freedom. Because they restrict freedom of thought and expression.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Agreed osgard. It's easy for middle aged theists to posture and claim to be above "worldly pragmatic situations" when it's not their own future at threat, but that of the next generations.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

DeaconS wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:38 am Premise 1:

A history check will show what societies were like before christianity, Roman society entertainment of gladiators and people being fed to wild beasts for example and all societies before the Christianity you will find very inhumane and barbaric lifestyles.

Support for Premise 1:

The Moral World Before Christianity

For centuries pagan societies have tried to lift themselves up to this God or Gods and put themselves in there place.

That's another thing what makes Christianity so unique, man does not go up to God, but that God comes down to man. He reveals himself, slowly through the prophets of the old testament and fully revealing himself in Christ.

Premise 2:

Part 1) The whole western society was built on christian values which is rapidly being torn away by aggressive secularism.

Support for premise 2 - Part 1:

a) Well, it is not debatable that western society was built on Christian values. That is a given.

b) Take Iceland not respecting Christian values of respecting life and dignity of life:

(I)Where there is an epidemic of depression

(II) and humanity is treated as disposable such as there are no more down syndrome children because they're all aborted.

(III) and lastly the elderly or lame are euthanized.

Part 2) Look at all the violence and evil acts committed a) by our youth today and b) the many millions of people killed by atheistic communism, when we deprive them from our Christian values on respecting life and the dignity of life.

Support for premise 2 - Part 2:

a) Well the violence, crime and killings being done by teenagers.

b) many millions of people were massacred in atheistic communists societies were there was a ban on religion, old Soviet union for one example.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marxist%E ... st_atheism

Conclusion:

Thus, Christian values of respecting life and dignity of life are the common denominators in both premises. Christian values were not even there in the barbaric practices of pagan societies and with ever-increasing secularization today, Christian values are down going and crime going up.
DeaconS your premises are invalid, you're just some schmuck trying to reassure himself that you're the man. That you and your ilk necessarily know the truth of the universe. Neither you nor any human alive today 'know' the truth of the universe, humans are still far to young to 'know' such things. Now your 'belief' is quite another issue. But then some 'believe' in faeries and leprechauns with pots o' gold at the end of the rainbow. Sound familiar?

Mankind is always and shall ever be the culmination of "ALL" it's history, no one event, fad, movement, cult, etc, has any necessary greater importance than any other. It's a chain of events, each contributing. In fact the Greek philosophers came before your Christian ideologies were born, and they invented democracy, (including everyone's voice) and philosophy, thus the birth of all science. But still I won't give it all to them either. I mean there had to be stone before papyrus and cuneiform before hieroglyphics. It's been steady advancement from the beginning.

Now something to really piss you off, I'm agnostic, in the truest since of the word, I see that neither theists nor atheists 'know' whether there is or is not a single mindful creator. You theists 'believe' the words of an archaic bunch of relatively ignorant people that had no idea of what epilepsy or schizophrenia is. Your rivals would seem to 'believe' that if they've never seen it then it can't exist, even though countless things in history were once believed to not exist, but ended up existing. Face it humans have a dire need to know, or they feel discombobulated, not firmly planted on the ground, as if uncertainty shall necessarily kill them. And many will cling on to anything that makes them feel secure, especially when it comes to the ultimate fear, "DEATH!" If you believe, you gonna live forever there buddy??? :lol:

Look, sure we were once "REALLY" barbaric, and now we're somewhat less barbaric, OK! That's evolution, and to be honest what's going to cause that trend to continue is the scientific truth of things, not religion.

Now all that said, I hope there is a creator that loves me, but that jury is still out my friend.

You see, as to a mindful creator, I'm standing on the fence, which is why I can see further than either camp. ;-)

Agnosticism, the only true answer to questions yet "unproven."

Peace my friends, may you all live long and prosper, where prosperity is solely the alignment of the minds eye with the absolute truth of the universe. Or in other words, humankind under a magnifying glass; psychology anyone?

Edit1: mispelled word
Last edited by SpheresOfBalance on Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Osgart
Christianity is a theocracy, and creates an us vs. the world mentality.

Any ideology , secular or religious, is going to challenge and oppress human rights to freedom. Because they restrict freedom of thought and expression.
Christianity is not an attempt to create a secular government. Christianity offers a path to rebirth and conscious evolution. Christianity opens the mind and heart. It doesn't restrict freedom of thought and expression but allows a person to acquire freedom from the psychological prison of life in Plato's cave. It is the world that must hate the awakening message of Christianity. The world would even prefer kids killing each other as is happening in urban areas rather than allow them to experience what their hearts are really searching for
Greta

Post by Greta »

Christianity is not an attempt to create a secular government. Christianity offers a path to rebirth and conscious evolution. Christianity opens the mind and heart.
Ironic that the most closed-minded, flint-hearted ideologues tend to be the ones to make such claims.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Greta wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:05 pm Your denial is so extreme that you cannot even bring yourself to acknowledge population, resource and climate change problems, let alone seek to alleviate them.
Nature is self-correcting.

Extinction is part of that intelligent structure to self-correct.

The shell used by spirit energy will just transfer to the next available vehicle.

Doesn't matter what that vehicle looks like. It doesn't care because it doesn't matter.

She will do this indefinitely since energy can neither be created nor destroyed.

She lives on because nature is tenacious, she will always find a way, where there's a will there's a way. And if there is a way, there is a will.

Nature makes no claim, so no blame.

Nature follows its own law.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Greta wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:05 pm Your denial is so extreme that you cannot even bring yourself to acknowledge population, resource and climate change problems, let alone seek to alleviate them.
What or who do you believe is responsible for the worlds problems such as rescources, climate change, and overpopulation?

Bearing in mind that overpopulation is contributing to the problem of over-consumption.

How do you think over-consumption can be alleviated?

What is the solution?

“We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them”

Do you believe we need to get into our higher mind?

We are still responsible, and cannot absolve from responsibility. Are we reaping what we are sowing?

Perhaps the problems are the natural outworking of wrong choices and actions?

What can be done to alleivate this problem now?