Do you think it odd that your God never acknowledges you? Is that rude?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Do you think it odd that your God never acknowledges you? Is that rude?

Post by Dontaskme »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:36 pm
We are likely on the same page in thinking all our Gods to be man made.

Thinking otherwise is foolish.

Okay so lets assume 'God' is nothing more than a man-made idea.

So then surely, if a man is capable of creating this idea that there is a God, then surely the man can also create the acknowledgment he seeks from his own creation as well...isnt that obvious?

Why take this philosophy to the point of insantity by suggesting that this man-made entity called 'God' can actually acknowledge anything if it's just a made up fallacy? What's the point in that, and more to the point what exactly is your point?

How can that which is just a made up fallacy have the capacity to be rude?

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:29 am
We are likely on the same page in thinking all our Gods to be man made.

Thinking otherwise is foolish.

Okay so lets assume 'God' is nothing more than a man-made idea.

So then surely, if a man is capable of creating this idea that there is a God, then surely the man can also create the acknowledgment he seeks from his own creation as well...isnt that obvious?

Why take this philosophy to the point of insantity by suggesting that this man-made entity called 'God' can actually acknowledge anything if it's just a made up fallacy? What's the point in that, and more to the point what exactly is your point?

How can that which is just a made up fallacy have the capacity to be rude?
As you rightly point out, it cannot.

The question was for those who believe in a real God.

That is the rude God as he never acknowledges the believer.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Harbal wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:11 pm
If you do not think or believe scriptures are true, then this question is not for you.
Now you tell me.
I thought it obvious but might be wrong in some cases.

Regards
DL
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:02 pm

Regards
DL
But then you'd still have to prove the existence of a ''believer'' ...is that real?

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:15 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:02 pm

Regards
DL
But then you'd still have to prove the existence of a ''believer'' ...is that real?

I asked a question. I do not have to prove anything.

I do not know of a method to know what is in someone's mind in terms of belief or not in any certain way. I am not a lie detector.

Regards
DL
Last edited by Greatest I am on Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:19 pm

I do not know of a method to know what is in someone's mind in terms of belief or not in any certain way. I am not a lie detector.
Then how would you know if they were giving the right answer or not to the question?

Kinda makes the whole question pointless really does it not?

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:04 pm

Then how would you know if they were giving the right answer or not to the question?

Not really.
The hope is that people will be honest and recognize that not being recognized for loyalty and the assets put into the belief is just plain rude.

Regards
DL
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:26 pm

Not really.
The hope is that people will be honest and recognize that not being recognized for loyalty and the assets put into the belief is just plain rude.

Regards
DL
But you've already stated that you have no way of knowing what is in someone's mind in terms of belief...so how do you know the belief is actually there in another? :roll:

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:55 pm

Not really.

Regards
DL
But you've already stated that you have no way of knowing what is in someone's mind in terms of belief...so how do you know the belief is actually there in another? :roll:
As stated, I cannot. If someone want to fly the cross and not be a believer, then he is not an honest person and I do not care what they think.

Regards
DL
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"Do you think it odd that your God never acknowledges you? Is that rude?"

If Crom started payin' attention to me, it'd be time for me to kiss my ass goodbye. So: it ain't rude, it's a blessing.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:47 pm

Not really.

Regards
DL
As stated, I cannot. If someone want to fly the cross and not be a believer, then he is not an honest person and I do not care what they think.

Regards
DL
The question in the op is completely pointless.

It's a preconceived idea that there exists in other peoples minds a God that does not acknowledge the believer of that God...you are planting this seed of thought, no one else.. You are projecting this belief into the mind of another as if it's their belief. You are attempting to preempt what someone else might be believing as if you already know what that is, when you've already stated you cannot do that. So it's you who is being dishonest and inchoherent here.

You have no way of knowing what another persons belief is in regards to the God of their own unique personal understanding.
The question is born of your own belief in the concept of what constitues a God, an idea that is there soely in your mind since it is you who is bringing the idea into awareness.

As for the God of ones own unique understanding...No one else but 'me' has access to the God of my own personal unique understanding...so no offence but the topic is 100% irreleveant to what constitues real philosophy. We simple cannot interfer with what other people are thinking as if we know what they are thinking, we have no access to other peoples personal realities.. full stop.

Greatest I am

Re:

Post by Greatest I am »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:13 am "Do you think it odd that your God never acknowledges you? Is that rude?"

If Crom started payin' attention to me, it'd be time for me to kiss my ass goodbye. So: it ain't rude, it's a blessing.
Oh Crom.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:11 am
Greatest I am wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:47 pm

Regards
DL
The question in the op is completely pointless.

It's a preconceived idea that there exists in other peoples minds a God that does not acknowledge the believer of that God...you are planting this seed of thought, no one else.. You are projecting this belief into the mind of another as if it's their belief. You are attempting to preempt what someone else might be believing as if you already know what that is, when you've already stated you cannot do that. So it's you who is being dishonest and inchoherent here.

You have no way of knowing what another persons belief is in regards to the God of their own unique personal understanding.
The question is born of your own belief in the concept of what constitues a God, an idea that is there soely in your mind since it is you who is bringing the idea into awareness.

As for the God of ones own unique understanding...No one else but 'me' has access to the God of my own personal unique understanding...so no offence but the topic is 100% irreleveant to what constitues real philosophy. We simple cannot interfer with what other people are thinking as if we know what they are thinking, we have no access to other peoples personal realities.. full stop.

Thinking of God is not the issue. The issue is thinking and giving to that God without thanks for it that is.

That is where the rudeness comes into play.

Regards
DL
henry quirk

"Oh Crom."

Post by henry quirk »

Really, I don't want Crom lookin' my way.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Greatest I am wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:36 pm
Thinking of God is not the issue. The issue is thinking and giving to that God without thanks for it that is.

That is where the rudeness comes into play.

Regards
DL
Then thankfully, ''thought up God's'' cannot demand an acknolwedgement, how could a thought be interested in acknowledgement?

Your thread is begining to lose it's credibility, it makes about as much sense as wanting your teddy bear to acknowledge you.

In fact this thread makes no sense whatsoever imho.. I have no idea what it is you are trying to say, and the more replies I get from you, the further away the actual meaning of this thread alludes me.