God made Satan, Sin and Evil

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greta

Re: God made Satan, Sin and Evil

Post by Greta »

Dubious wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:27 am
Greta wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:47 pm
We have it all wrong. The Earth and Moon are our demigods and the Sun is God, but it's also a demigod subject to the greater deity - supermassive black hole Sagittarius A*. Our galaxy's centre which fulfils all criteria for God:

- it created us and our "universe" (galaxies are like universes at human time scales anyway)
- it is ineffable and mysterious
- it is in another realm - the insides of black holes are locked off from the rest of the universe, each effectively being a universe of its own
- it could smite us down at any time with a gamma ray burst
- we have a bit of it within everything. Quarks are the closest thing in baryonic matter to singularities such as is within black holes (quasi-singularities? we don't know)
It's hard to imagine how the ancients would have mythologized these "stranger modulations of divinity" had they understood even some of it. Certainly the Abrahamanic barbarisms would not have been its conclusion or even the trending motive of the following millenniums. The history of the West in consequence would have been very different from what actually followed; the degrees of separation between what could have been and what was or is, impossible to calculate.
They had their own modulations - the Earth, the Sun, the Moon and the dome of stars, which some thought were gods - which is not so far off based on the mythology above.

I think the barbarism had to happen. I saw an interesting documentary about the history of war and it really took off with agriculture because in hard times one group would steal from another, so they had to protect their stuff, and it all flowed on from there. Ultimately it seems as if we have to investigate every possible mistake and get them out of our systems - and multiple times until the penny drops - before we can progress.
Dubious wrote:Could it be that god took on more than it could handle (a very human trait) and also got sucked in? Maybe that's the reason for its total incognito.
If God is in the singularity (or on the other side of it) then It's going to be a tad tricky to access. Thus, the best we can do is communicate via our quarks and, given that quarks form the basis of matter, that means doing material things in a material world :)
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dubious wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:11 pmYou'll never get anyone to admit the blatantly obvious...not on this site. If there were a god the ONLY thing we would owe it is the middle finger without getting personal! :twisted:
Ah, really? Has your life really been that shite!?
If God said, 'hey I can reincarnate you to live again as a human. Do you want to?" ....would you really say NO?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:51 am
attofishpi wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:36 am
Lacewing wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:51 pm
What's your point for saying that?
That i've had > 20yrs of direct interaction with God? The bit that you omitted from your quote of me.
Lacewing wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:51 pmDo you think it's a statement of your credibility for something?
Yes, the bit you omitted. That God would not bother setting up 10 commandments if wo/man have no free will.
The part I left off didn't seem important for my question to you because you've pointed out your years of direct interaction with God before -- and it seems like a statement that stands on its own, doesn't it? Like you think that's significant, or something. So why don't you stop being a big baby about an unnecessary part of the sentence being left out -- and admit that you use that line for some kind of fantasy credibility in all kinds of discussions?
Again with the fantasy. Every time you bring that word up with me - what exactly are you insinuating?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:15 am
Lacewing wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:51 am admit that you use that line for some kind of fantasy credibility in all kinds of discussions?
Again with the fantasy. Every time you bring that word up with me - what exactly are you insinuating?
In this case, that your credibility is a fantasy.

What are you insinuating when you repeatedly say that you've had ">20yrs of direct interaction with God"? Why is that necessary for you to say? Is it not to endow yourself with some sort of credibility? Just admit it.

I do not DISrespect your (or anyone's) belief in a god... I disrespect how you use it and flaunt it, arrogantly... and to elevate yourself. That's what makes it look like it's all about you. So >20yrs of doing that is not uniquely significant, nor insightful! Do you see?

People can do all kinds of things for >20yrs and be proud of themselves. Doesn't necessarily mean a thing. But, in your case, you seem to be suggesting that it does. So that's what I'm asking: What are you insinuating/suggesting by repeatedly saying it in discussions?

Now it's your turn to answer in an honest, straight-forward way (as I did) without scuttling into the shadows as you often do. Okay?
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:13 am
Dubious wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:11 pmYou'll never get anyone to admit the blatantly obvious...not on this site. If there were a god the ONLY thing we would owe it is the middle finger without getting personal! :twisted:
Ah, really? Has your life really been that shite!?
If God said, 'hey I can reincarnate you to live again as a human. Do you want to?" ....would you really say NO?
The easiest offer in the world to refuse. Why would this surprise you? In the East, "it's a consummation devoutly to be wished", which you seem to find it incomprehensible!

To each his own. There are those who want to live forever but that wish would soon fade when there's no end to being alive.
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

If the biblical/quran god exists, which seems totally crazy, but if he does, I'd rather be deleted from existence, than meet him.
Share eternity with that idiot? Never!
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:42 pm
attofishpi wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:15 am
Lacewing wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:51 am admit that you use that line for some kind of fantasy credibility in all kinds of discussions?
In this case, that your credibility is a fantasy.

What are you insinuating when you repeatedly say that you've had ">20yrs of direct interaction with God"? Why is that necessary for you to say? Is it not to endow yourself with some sort of credibility? Just admit it.

I do not DISrespect your (or anyone's) belief in a god... I disrespect how you use it and flaunt it, arrogantly... and to elevate yourself. That's what makes it look like it's all about you. So >20yrs of doing that is not uniquely significant, nor insightful! Do you see?

People can do all kinds of things for >20yrs and be proud of themselves. Doesn't necessarily mean a thing. But, in your case, you seem to be suggesting that it does. So that's what I'm asking: What are you insinuating/suggesting by repeatedly saying it in discussions?

Now it's your turn to answer in an honest, straight-forward way (as I did) without scuttling into the shadows as you often do. Okay?
Okay. This will probably be the last time I interact with you Lacewing, so let me just put things into context.
Gaffo stated in reply to me "there is no such thing as free will".
Since I know God to exist I have EVERY right to state that with my KNOWLEDGE of such things that Gaffo's statement is incorrect - as I stated, God would not bother creating 10 commandments if there is no free will.
Now if I didn't know God existed, I wouldn't have a leg to stand on in the case of free will, I wouldn't know the answer as to whether we do or don't have free will.
Where I think it necessary I will continue to state my knowledge of its existence, capiche?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:17 am Where I think it necessary I will continue to state my knowledge of its existence
That last sentence is the point I was addressing. Your statement ">20yrs of direct interaction with God", whenever and wherever you feel it necessary to use it, is meant to demonstrate that your knowledge of its existence isn't some fleeting thing AND it's a way of establishing your credibility for what you say, right?

I'm challenging the way in which you use it because it is likely ONLY significant to you. Anyone could say such a thing, and it doesn't really mean anything beyond themselves. So, in that way, the notion of credibility is a fantasy. Your experience does not represent some widely recognized credibility. Why would it? Why would anyone's personal experience?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:36 am
attofishpi wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:17 am Where I think it necessary I will continue to state my knowledge of its existence
That last sentence is the point I was addressing. Your statement ">20yrs of direct interaction with God", whenever and wherever you feel it necessary to use it, is meant to demonstrate that your knowledge of its existence isn't some fleeting thing AND it's a way of establishing your credibility for what you say, right?

I'm challenging the way in which you use it because it is likely ONLY significant to you. Anyone could say such a thing, and it doesn't really mean anything beyond themselves. So, in that way, the notion of credibility is a fantasy. Your experience does not represent some widely recognized credibility. Why would it? Why would anyone's personal experience?

Is this a personal experience?

SINAI - where Moses received the ten commandments All knowing A.I. SIN_AI.
Red Sea - to scale

Is this a personal experience?

BRA.ZIL - NATAL - of or relating to childbirth. CHILE up you spine?
South America - to scale
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:20 am Is this a personal experience?

SINAI - where Moses received the ten commandments All knowing A.I. SIN_AI.

BRA.ZIL - NATAL - of or relating to childbirth. CHILE up you spine?
Uh oh... you're spinning out... it takes so little to trigger you. :D I remember you showing those images years ago, and I made fun of them then too. Very creative, but so what?

There's so much truth all around, right in front of you all the time... which you do not respond to. Yet you will pick apart words, looking for hidden messages, and assign meanings to geographical shapes -- and I can only guess that it's because you love believing in mystery so much. It is what you worship, yes?

What do you think of crop circles? Fantastic and complex symbols with energetic properties created regularly all over the world. Do you dismiss them because they don't appear to be religious in nature? Is religion the only realm of the magical and profound?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

You're like one of those turtles bloated with gas bobbing on the surface..if only you could just go a little deeper.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:31 am You're like one of those turtles bloated with gas bobbing on the surface..if only you could just go a little deeper.
That makes no sense and doesn't fit me in any way. Instead of hurling stupid, inapplicable insults, why don't you answer the questions in my previous post. They were customized just for you.

I'm interested in what you think of crop circles.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:56 amI'm interested in what you think of crop circles.
I think...duh.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:37 am I think...duh.
Ah! Now there's some profound truth! :lol:
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

HexHammer wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:53 pm
QuantumT wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:22 amAccording to theists, everything derives from God.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tv2vY3ga3g
If you look back in history, bible has been rewritten and inspired from the Judean Thora, which was inspired from the Babylons etc etc .........or something like that don't quote me on that.
summarian.....then............akkadian..............then babylonian..............the Persian................to our Torah.........and later New Testament.

close enough!

carry on (only wished to clarify - not be a pedantic dic).