How powerful is God?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: How powerful is God?

Post by Dontaskme »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:08 am Gods power is only limited by the very source of his existence: Imagination!

I agree since all the Gods are man made.

Man can't make anything, man is made.

That which is made cannot be made unmade.

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:48 am
Greatest I am wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:08 am Gods power is only limited by the very source of his existence: Imagination!

I agree since all the Gods are man made.

Man can't make anything, man is made.

That which is made cannot be made unmade.

You made that post, so you speak nonsense.

Regards
DL
Greta

Post by Greta »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:17 am
Greta wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:51 am First we have to consider how powerful the Earth is, and then the Sun.

That's as far as we need go, really. the cosmic mass limit.
Only in so far as the limitation of the human experience in all it's self imposed restrictions it places upon itself ..as science and religion would have you believe is all there is to it .. a limitation that both science and religion put in place in order to control the masses and deter anyone from ever thinking outside this false self imposed limited arena. An arena that has a very powerful agenda attached, namely, financial gain, aka a power that is about as powerless and empty and meaningless as one can possibly imagine.
Yes yes, and Trump is the answer, hallelujah. We already know the lines to that song, thanks.

No, I am saying that none of us have a visceral sense or even a concept of how enormous our planet is, let alone our star or other cosmic bodies. All of that information is abstracted. I'm not putting down imagination - that was a false supposition of yours.

I am pointing out that imaginations and abstractions are limited in that they lack the potency of visceral experience. I can comprehend the height of a tall tree, imagining (faultily) what it might feel like to be at the very canopy, or on the way up there. However, to imagine deep beneath my feet for even a kilometre, let alone 12,000 of them, is beyond my visceral sensibilities.

12,000 kilometres of rock beneath your very feet! Think about that and try to comprehend that number - 12,000 kilometres!!!!! The deepest humans have ever drilled was 12kms in Russia, and at that point the heat was so intense that it melted the drill.

Try it - REALLY meditate on what lies beneath your feet and just how far it goes. If you are sincere with this exercise you are guaranteed a pleasant brain explosion and greater respect for a gigantic and complex entity with internal machinations beyond our ken.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Greta wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:17 am
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:17 am
Greta wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:51 am First we have to consider how powerful the Earth is, and then the Sun.

That's as far as we need go, really. the cosmic mass limit.
Only in so far as the limitation of the human experience in all it's self imposed restrictions it places upon itself ..as science and religion would have you believe is all there is to it .. a limitation that both science and religion put in place in order to control the masses and deter anyone from ever thinking outside this false self imposed limited arena. An arena that has a very powerful agenda attached, namely, financial gain, aka a power that is about as powerless and empty and meaningless as one can possibly imagine.
Yes yes, and Trump is the answer, hallelujah. We already know the lines to that song, thanks.

No, I am saying that none of us have a visceral sense or even a concept of how enormous our planet is, let alone our star or other cosmic bodies. All of that information is abstracted. I'm not putting down imagination - that was a false supposition of yours.

I am pointing out that imaginations and abstractions are limited in that they lack the potency of visceral experience. I can comprehend the height of a tall tree, imagining (faultily) what it might feel like to be at the very canopy, or on the way up there. However, to imagine deep beneath my feet for even a kilometre, let alone 12,000 of them, is beyond my visceral sensibilities.

12,000 kilometres of rock beneath your very feet! Think about that and try to comprehend that number - 12,000 kilometres!!!!! The deepest humans have ever drilled was 12kms in Russia, and at that point the heat was so intense that it melted the drill.

Try it - REALLY meditate on what lies beneath your feet and just how far it goes. If you are sincere with this exercise you are guaranteed a pleasant brain explosion and greater respect for a gigantic and complex entity with internal machinations beyond our ken.
You do not have to explain yourself to me, we already know the lines to that song. We're all just singing, even you, the one that likes to sing the loudest and longest. And there is no one here singing but imagination. . real pure unadulterated unlimited imagination appearing to be limited.

The devil is in the details, keep it simple.

Greta

Post by Greta »

Ok, no more procrastinating. Life's too short to waste on such idiots.

No doubt that song was too long and loud for you too, you mindless hippie.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Greta wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:30 am Life's too short to waste on such idiots.

Only an idiot would say that.

I AM the last idiot...is perhaps not enough detail for you, you mindful one.