Is hate good? Should we allow the censorship of hate speech?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Is hate good? Should we allow the censorship of hate speech?

Post by Walker »

Dalek Prime wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:32 am
I don't YouTube.
Condolences.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Walker wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:43 pm
I don't YouTube.
Condolences.
+ 1

The net is the latest and best source of data and to reject it is foolish.

Regards
DL
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:45 pm
Walker wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:43 pm
I don't YouTube.
Condolences.
+ 1

The net is the latest and best source of data and to reject it is foolish.

Regards
DL
Only the foolish confuse YouTube with the whole Internet.

Regards,
Your last brain cell.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greatest I am wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:44 pm
I do not agree that the numbers of people like you and I are the minority. We are just not vocal enough.

My estimates of free thinkers is climbing daily as fewer and fewer of us in the West are not recognizing the fraudulent nature of religions and their lying clergy. Gullibility is on the wane and more are moving to religions that put man above the imaginary Gods, --- where we belong.

Have faith my friend.

Regards
DL
I hope you are right!

peace to you Sir!
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:51 pm
Dalek Prime wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:27 am
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:49 pm

I agree.

As Socrates said, love your enemy, but only after you defeat him or make him your friend. To reward an enemy with love is to reward evil and that is counterproductive.

Regards
DL
Considering we were talking about hate speech, which usually points to blind, ignorant hate, I stand by what I've said. Besides, hate does eat you alive. So, enjoy it if you must.
So the North's hate against the Southern slavery and the West's hate for Hitler led to ignorant hate instead of a better world.

Ok.

You show how poorly you think.

Regards
DL
amen!

well said, concur fully of course.

horse sense.

seems too few have it ;-/.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Belinda wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:39 pm Hate speech should remain illegal because people who look or behave differently are usually good citizens. Sometimes people who look and behave like the dominant group are actual criminals. Hate speech leads to civil unrest which is unjustifiable morally or practically, as the only way to identify criminals or potential criminals is the way of law and order in a free society.

True, it is good to protest after the manner of freedom of speech. However freedom of speech, including that by protesters does not include breaking of recognisable laws.
1st amendent should rule over hate speech laws. (I deny legality of hate speech laws as unconstitutional per the 1st amendment).

so affirm the right of pigs to speak all the hate their souls have for me to hear (and ignore as a soviern human being of goodwiill).

yes the weak of mind will fall prey, but i guess i value the absolute liberty of the 1st over censurship, and hope most folks have minds to ignore such filthy speech.................
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Belinda wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:06 pm [

But by the standard I set the South was at fault for using hate speech against people who had black bodies.
its important to know HISTORY - and so note:

Emancipation Proclamation applied to States in Rebellion.....that means slaves in Delaware and Maryland were slaves and even Lincoln affirmed so....while Slaves in the "rebel States" were not longer affirmed as slaves..............for TWO YEARS - during the civil war.

- that left out two SLAVE STATES - fully legal SLAVERY - as Union States - and affirmed by Lincoln (Slavery is legal if in a union state)

Delaware and Maryland.

knowledge of history (and hypocrisy Lincoln deny Right for state to seceed via his understanding of Articules of Confederation - YET AFFRIRMED 1/3 of Virginia to succeed!!!!!!!!!!.............and form West Virginia!!!!!!!!!!! Hypocrisy much? ) matters..........................