Is the concept of ''Atheist'' necessary, let alone real?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

uwot

Re: Is the concept of ''Atheist'' necessary, let alone real?

Post by uwot »

Walker wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 5:06 pmLiberal bias on campus, confirmed.
At "top-tier liberal arts colleges", granted. As I said, I suspect there is a numerical liberal bias more generally, but that's what you get in a free market economy. How could you make a career in academia more attractive to conservatives?
Walker

Re: Is the concept of ''Atheist'' necessary, let alone real?

Post by Walker »

uwot wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 11:27 pm
Walker wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 5:06 pmLiberal bias on campus, confirmed.
At "top-tier liberal arts colleges", granted. As I said, I suspect there is a numerical liberal bias more generally, but that's what you get in a free market economy. How could you make a career in academia more attractive to conservatives?
The gravy train of high college costs is important enough to be a second-term campaign issue for the Trumpster in the United States.

Here’s a conservative view, backed up by reasoning, which should be the basis of critique. Education is on the minds of many these days.

“Ayn Rand perfectly captured the country's predicament in these few words: ‘[t]he hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.’"

“That's where we are. The glaringly evident escapes notice. Most Americans have been conned into not seeing that our Education Establishment (i.e., the professors in charge) must be the chief cause of illiteracy and other educational failure. Truthfully, nearly all of these pretend educators should be fired for demonstrated incompetence.

“The power of our Education Establishment to maintain its destructive nonsense is frightening. These shifty people have put the leaders of the country in straitjackets, apparently. Even President Trump and Betsy DeVos cannot speak the obvious: children should learn to read in the first grade. Anything else is unacceptable.”

Source: https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... ading.html