Do we owe Muslims another apology?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

This link says yes.
http://bigthink.com/videos/maajid-nawaz ... mic-reform

This link says no.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQcSvBsU-FM

To those who think we should try to separate the good Muslims from the bad Muslims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drJCC2XXMBo

I do not think it is to the non-Muslim world to apologise to Muslims for the criticism we do of their un-civilized ideology.

Should we stop judging and criticizing those institutions of religion that are leading us away from a more civilized state?

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

Have you tested the ideology of Islam? Is it good to you?

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Is correcting and criticizing Islam the loving or the hateful thing to do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMJATBMebj8

Regards
DL
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Do we owe Muslims another apology?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

When did Arabs cease to exist to be replaced by Muslims?
And what exactly do you mean 'uncivilised'? Civilisation was born in the ME. The uncivilised thugs are the ones blowing up their countries.
Many of the worst extremists are 'British' converts to Islam, similar to the the way in which 'born again kristians' tend to be over-the-top and extreme. You seriously need to take a long, hard look in the mirror.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 9:40 pm When did Arabs cease to exist to be replaced by Muslims?
And what the fuck do you mean 'uncivilised'? Civilisation was born in the ME. The uncivilised thugs are the ones blowing up their countries. You seriously need to take a long, hard look in the mirror.
I have, and do not see a Muslim.

Did you note the statistics given that show just how un-civilized the Muslim ideology is?

Look again for the first time.

Regards
DL
vegetariantaxidermy

Greatest I am wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:15 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 9:40 pm When did Arabs cease to exist to be replaced by Muslims?
And what the fuck do you mean 'uncivilised'? Civilisation was born in the ME. The uncivilised thugs are the ones blowing up their countries. You seriously need to take a long, hard look in the mirror.

Did you note the statistics given that show just how un-civilized the Muslim ideology is?

Regards
DL
About as uncivilised as any other religion. You seem awfully confused. Shame if you ever need surgery in a British hospital. You might be stuck, because most of the surgeons seem to be 'uncivilised' Arabs.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:19 pm

Regards
DL
About as uncivilised as any other religion. You seem awfully confused. Shame if you ever need surgery in a British hospital. You might be stuck, because most of the surgeons seem to be 'uncivilised' Arabs.
Still do not want to look at their theology and ideology eh. Ok.

For evil to grow, all we need are more people like you.

Regards
DL
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

Muslims are humans like all others. They are just born within, and raised that it is the only way to be.

The problem is not muslims, but ISLAM! It is a political religion that seeks world domination, and will stop at nothing to gain it.

Murder is allowed. Lying is allowed. Anything goes to further the islamic cause! Their scriptures support it.

We must never judge muslims for being muslims, but always be vigelant towards islam! Islam is dangerous and malevolent!
Last edited by QuantumT on Mon May 07, 2018 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Greatest I am wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:30 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:19 pm

Regards
DL
Still do not want to look at their theology and ideology eh. Ok.

For evil to grow, all we need are more people like you.

Regards
DL
Go fuck yourself. As a matter of fact I detest all superstition, in the same way that I detest lies and the idiots who believe them.
vegetariantaxidermy

Anyone here remember when they first discovered 'radical islam'?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

QuantumT wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:35 pm Muslims are humans like all others. They are just born within, and raised that it is the only way to be.

The problem is not muslims, but ISLAM! It is a political religion that seeks world domination, and will stop at nothing to gain it.

Murder is allowed. Lying is allowed. Anything goes to further the islamic cause! Their scriptures support it.

We must never judge muslims for being muslims, but always be vigelant towards islam! Islam is dangerous and malevolent!
Islam does not kill. Muslims do.

You are trying to divorce Muslims from Islam and you cannot do so.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:38 pm Anyone here remember when they first discovered 'radical islam'?
I know, I know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_To-cV94Bo&t=99s

Regards
DL
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 11:15 pm Islam does not kill. Muslims do.

Regards
DL
Islam tells muslims to kill infidels, but very very very few do.

You say I cannot divorse muslims from islam? Well ofcourse I can!
A muslim is a member of a muslim family. It's a birth burden, not a choise.
There's alot of social control though, but that will loosen with time.
In 50 years, muslims in the western countries will be no more muslims than we are christians right now.
Last edited by QuantumT on Mon May 07, 2018 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

People who can only criticize Islam by premeditating their sentiment with 'oh, but I hate all religions', or by first shitting on another religion, are some of the most annoying people on the face of the earth. Actually, immature, is probably the word a bit more accurate to the situation. I could see a legitimate reason for why you would want to do it in the case of conversing with an actual Muslim, as it would help to establish a nuanced caveat that would lead him to believe you're not targeting his religion, specifically. But that's not the motivation that a lot of these people have. They feel the need to clarify, because the thought of agreeing with the consensus of conservative christians on anything related to that religious belief, makes them want to vomit in their mouths. It's like a petulant teenager who objects to everything his parents say, just because he wants to be an edgy contrarian.

As for your actual topic, Maajid Nawaz isn't saying to offer an apology to Muslims. But I do definitely agree with his view. Reformation of a religion isn't going to come by pretending that all of the barbaric tenets in it either don't exist, or aren't even bad. I am of the opinion that islamic fundamentalism can not co-exist with western values, but I think some proponents against the islamic faith have a pretty fruitless proposal, because what they really want isn't going to happen. The sort of method offered by him and Sam Harris is something I find to be the most practical - we aren't going to get rid of islam, so we can only reform it. Definitely don't agree with their views on immigration, though.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

QuantumT wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 11:34 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 11:15 pm Islam does not kill. Muslims do.

Regards
DL
Islam tells muslims to kill infidels, but very very very few do.

You say I cannot divorse muslims from islam? Well ofcourse I can!
A muslim is a member of a muslim family. It's a birth burden, not a choise.
There's alot of social control though, but that will loosen with time.
In 50 years, muslims in the western countries will be no more muslims than we are christians right now.
I doubt that.

Muslims are already being deported from The E. U. and many E.U countries are already pushing back.

Muslims had better get used to closed Western doors.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 11:50 pm People who can only criticize Islam by premeditating their sentiment with 'oh, but I hate all religions', or by first shitting on another religion, are some of the most annoying people on the face of the earth. Actually, immature, is probably the word a bit more accurate to the situation. I could see a legitimate reason for why you would want to do it in the case of conversing with an actual Muslim, as it would help to establish a nuanced caveat that would lead him to believe you're not targeting his religion, specifically. But that's not the motivation that a lot of these people have. They feel the need to clarify, because the thought of agreeing with the consensus of conservative christians on anything related to that religious belief, makes them want to vomit in their mouths. It's like a petulant teenager who objects to everything his parents say, just because he wants to be an edgy contrarian.

As for your actual topic, Maajid Nawaz isn't saying to offer an apology to Muslims. But I do definitely agree with his view. Reformation of a religion isn't going to come by pretending that all of the barbaric tenets in it either don't exist, or aren't even bad. I am of the opinion that islamic fundamentalism can not co-exist with western values, but I think some proponents against the islamic faith have a pretty fruitless proposal, because what they really want isn't going to happen. The sort of method offered by him and Sam Harris is something I find to be the most practical - we aren't going to get rid of islam, so we can only reform it. Definitely don't agree with their views on immigration, though.
Reforms are being rejected by most Muslim sects out of fear and having to admit that their ideology is un-civilized.

The environment might force them to move more quickly as immigration increases and less land becomes livable.

Regards
DL
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

Greatest I am wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:00 am I doubt that.

Muslims are already being deported from The E. U. and many E.U countries are already pushing back.

Muslims had better get used to closed Western doors.

Regards
DL
We are all the same, but have different ideas. Some ideas are more crazy than others. But to stigmatise so many people, for being born and raised with one certain idea, is as crazy as Hitler was.