Do we owe Muslims another apology?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Averroes

Re: Do we owe Muslims another apology?

Post by Averroes »

Are you sure you are talking about science here? Give me some empirical evidence of point 10.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Averroes

You complain about my answers not speaking to your issues, while you throw walls text and of preaching at me to hide behind and not speak to the issues of Islam while trying to shift things to the West.

If you want me to accept or even reply to your walls of text, you have to earn it first.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

QuantumT wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:25 pm [3rd: The thread-starter hates Islam even more than I do. He sees muslims as inhumans. I don't. So you're much better off with me!
This is not correct.

Yes I hate both Islam and Christianity, but feel pity more than hate for their adherents who have gone into intellectual and moral dissonance to follow evil Gods while calling them good.

I hate when adherents hide behind a supernatural shield to justify their poor moral think.

Fear of God makes liars out of theists.

Both Christianity and Islam, slave holding ideologies, have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/theft-values/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxoxPapPxXk

Humanity centered religions, good? Yes.

Supernaturally based religions, evil? Yes.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL
Averroes

Post by Averroes »

Greatest I am wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 1:23 pm Averroes

You complain about my answers not speaking to your issues, while you throw walls text and of preaching at me to hide behind and not speak to the issues of Islam while trying to shift things to the West.

If you want me to accept or even reply to your walls of text, you have to earn it first.

Regards
DL
There was no complaint on my side to you. I already anticipated that you would not answer, and I already told you that it's ok, no need to worry about it! And again I thank you for the exchange and giving me the opportunity through your interesting questions to talk about Islam. It was a fruitful conversation. I hope we get the opportunity to have another interesting conversation in the future.
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

Averroes wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 12:39 am Are you sure you are talking about science here? Give me some empirical evidence of point 10.
Point 10 was a bonus, and based upon the millions of claims world wide, of paranormal events.

If we choose a number, like 10 million (claims), and we are able to explain 9.999.990 of them naturally or as lies/fraud, we still have 10 episodes of true paranormal origin. My claim is that those 10 episodes are proof of host interference. Who elso would be able to violate the laws of nature? (You'd ofcourse say God/Allah, but he does not fit with the rest of the evidence.)
Averroes

Post by Averroes »

QuantumT wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:27 pm
Averroes wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 12:39 am Are you sure you are talking about science here? Give me some empirical evidence of point 10.
Point 10 was a bonus, and based upon the millions of claims world wide, of paranormal events.

If we choose a number, like 10 million (claims), and we are able to explain 9.999.990 of them naturally or as lies/fraud, we still have 10 episodes of true paranormal origin. My claim is that those 10 episodes are proof of host interference.
Ok. So as I had anticipated point 10 is not a fact but just claims and claims do not amount to scientific facts. Point 10 was the only odd one out that I found in your list. So let us put point 10 aside. The others are beautiful patterns in nature which would be an injustice to them if we were not to address at least some of them. But before that let us get back to where we branch off from that, namely what you called the 'sysop and the computer simulation that we are supposedly in'. Let us call the latter the 'matrix thesis'. So tell me how these beautiful patterns that you mentioned previously prove the matrix thesis? Please explain as much as you can. In your account include the following: tell me a bit more about the 'sysop' and the computer on which the simulation operates. What are the attributes of the sysop, mortal or immortal, powerful or not-so-powerful etc...? What is the make and model of the computer that runs the simulation, does it has an Intel CPU inside, does it has has pipeline architecture?.What is the OS: UNIX, LINUX or Windows? Things like that.
Who elso would be able to violate the laws of nature? (You'd ofcourse say God/Allah, but he does not fit with the rest of the evidence.)
No, I do not and would never say something like that if Allah wills. Allah would never violate His own Laws. The laws of nature themselves are due or the consequences of His Will. From the scientific perspective the so-called laws of nature are mere regularities in nature! These laws could have been otherwise if Allah had willed it otherwise. There is no necessity in and of itself that fire should cause burning. It is only because Allah, the Almighty wills it that fire burns. You can also think of it this way: it is because Allah willed it that the universe came to be. The universe functions according to the Will of Allah. Allah, the Sustainer has absolute control over everything. From this conception, it is nonsense to say that Allah violates the laws of nature. It then just cannot be said.
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

Averroes wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:09 pm*
You are not qualified to discuss science, because you do not think like a scientist. Sorry. It ends here.
Averroes

Post by Averroes »

QuantumT wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 8:00 pm
Averroes wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:09 pm*
You are not qualified to discuss science, because you do not think like a scientist.
As a matter of fact I do also (but not only) have a scientific background! :D All praises and thanks be to Allah, the Most Generous. In fact if you study some history, you will learn that the first true scientist was a Muslim by the name of Ibn Al Haytham (965-1039) Here is a short documentary on him, which is presented by a British Professor in theroretical physics Jim Al-Khalili: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faQmHzY29Zc
Sorry. It ends here.
No need to apologize! I understand. That happens to me often with certain people! :D I am used to it by now. I am surprised that we even made it so far! Anyway, it was interesting to have exchanged with you.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Anyone who calls muslims 'uncivilised' and 'barbaric' should visit some ancient mosques. It's the US that comes across as unrefined, uncultured, uncouth, uncivilised and barbaric, but it's too arrogant and stupid to see it. No self-awareness at all. ISIS is comprised of greedy, opportunistic psychopaths. You can find those anywhere, in any group. Who gave muslim psychopaths the opportunity? Hmmm. Let me think.....