Do we owe Muslims another apology?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Do we owe Muslims another apology?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

If the US is serious about 'freedom' then it should seriously consider blowing itself off the face of the earth. The rest of the planet will function quite nicely without it (in freedom and peace).
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Averroes wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:49 am
Greatest I am wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 1:37 pm Is inequality between the genders good? Secular law says equality is better.
This too is a very interesting subject. Thank you for raising this.
You do not believe in equality under the law and that apostates should be killed, thus showing that I was correct in my evaluation of the corruption of your moral sense by your religion.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:58 am
Greatest I am wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 2:33 pm
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:24 am I don't necessarily disagree, but that doesn't mean it's not making any impact or works as a better solution to the issue. Obviously, islamic apologetics by people who aren't islamic need to stop.

Well, I'm talking more about their position on the refugee crisis. I don't think it's the governments job to get involved in the way that Sam harris and Nawaz suggests.
I do not know what is being suggested, but I do know that we all have some biases against others not like us and that mass immigration, as has been shown, only creates ghettos that we have to suffer till the next generation assimilates or integrates into the culture.

Almost all people dislike integration and assimilation as can be shown by stats that show that they might work alongside another color but they/we will not befriend them in most cases. Look at any city and you can see how they are quartered by color.
Well it's just that Sam Harris in particular has suggested the idea of the US acting as a sort of sanctuary for these refugees. He isn't saying they don't need to be vetted, to be clear, but I think they need to go through the full process that any immigrant does because I don't want our government making such a message. Politically, I generally believe we should stay out of the affairs of nations that aren't our allies, and that includes immigration.

I don't know about that second thing. I haven't seen the stats you refer to, but there are more reasons that places tend to be divided than cultural and political disagreement.
They intentionally quarter by race. The front end of this experts link speaks to that intentional segregation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb2iFikOwYU&t=7s

Regards
DL
Averroes

Post by Averroes »

Greatest I am wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 12:52 am You do not believe in equality under the law and that apostates should be killed, thus showing that I was correct in my evaluation of the corruption of your moral sense by your religion.
As a matter of fact, the law itself recognizes that men and women are not equal, the blind and the seing are not equal, the healthy and the sick are not equal, children and adults are not equal. Nobody would believe the law if it went against obvious human observations! After having recognized that men and women are not equal, the law seeks through legal prescriptions to positively discriminate in favor of the women, the children and the weak in general inorder to protect them and thus aim towards a better society. Notice how such positive discrimination in the law shows that women, children and the weak are valued as human beings. If we went from the premise that everyone should be treated equally then it would have been unfair towards the women, the children and the weak. No morally healthy human being would ever want that to be the case. Don't you agree? With the exception of our father Prophet Adam and our mother Eve (peace be upon them), we were/are all born from a woman and we were all children. Do you want women and children to do heavy duty work that even the men are finding difficult?

Concerning apostasy in Islam, you should read again my answer in my previous post. But I observe that you have not replied to any of my questions while I have replied to all of yours! :-) But anyway, if you still have other questions, you can still put them to me, and if God wills, I will do my best to answer them and try to clear your doubts and misconceptions. I believe that engaging in a civilized exchange as our present discussion is a good thing. We get to know each other and may be we can learn something from each other through this exchange. Allah, the Creator of all things says in the Holy Quran, interpretation of meaning,

O mankind! Indeed We have created you from a male and a female and made you into nations and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous among you. Indeed, Allah is All-Knower, All-Aware. [Quran 49:13]
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Averroes wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 5:46 am
Greatest I am wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 12:52 am You do not believe in equality under the law and that apostates should be killed, thus showing that I was correct in my evaluation of the corruption of your moral sense by your religion.
As a matter of fact, the law itself recognizes that men and women are not equal
Your vile and unjust law, yes. Not the law of civilized men.

Regards
DL
Averroes

Post by Averroes »

Greatest I am wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 1:29 pm
Averroes wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 5:46 am
As a matter of fact, the law itself recognizes that men and women are not equal
Your vile and unjust law, yes. Not the law of civilized men.

Regards
DL
Of course I was talking of your so-called SECULAR law from the supposedly 'civilized' man as you say!
So again let me be clear about it so that there is no misunderstanding on you part. I will rewrite what I wrote previously but this time I will be clear in the semantics. So it should read like this now:

As a matter of fact, the secular law of man itself recognizes that men and women are not equal, the blind and the seing are not equal, the healthy and the sick are not equal, children and adults are not equal. Nobody would believe the the secular law of 'civilized' man if it went against obvious human observations! After having recognized that men and women are not equal, the secular law seeks through legal prescriptions to positively discriminate in favor of the women, the children and the weak in general inorder to protect them and thus aim towards a better society. Notice how such positive discrimination in the secular law of 'civilized' man shows that women, children and the weak are valued as human beings. If we went from the premise that everyone should be treated equally then it would have been unfair towards the women, the children and the weak. No morally healthy human being would ever want that to be the case. Don't you agree? With the exception of our father Prophet Adam and our mother Eve (peace be upon them), we were/are all born from a woman and we were all children. Do you want women and children to do heavy duty work that even the men are finding difficult?

But again I remark that you keep avoiding my questions! For example you did not say how you find the secular law of treason of 'civilized' man in the USA and UK? The torture and beheading and all that? You did not anwser! It's ok, no need to worry. I understand. :D
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Beheading is a Muslim pass time. Not a Western one.

So is throwing gays off of buildings.

Tell us. Does Islam have a reciprocity law? Do unto others, that type of rule.

Regards
DL
vegetariantaxidermy

Greatest I am wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 9:36 pm Beheading is a Muslim pass time. Not a Western one.

Regards
DL
Electric chairs, gas chambers, and other 'humane' activities are American pastimes. Destroying other people's countries is another.
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

What we have here, is failure in communication.

Look at it like this: There's a disease called Islam, and the patient is called a muslim.

He or she did not choose islam, it was put upon them from birth (in most cases). And only very few patients become malevolent!

So to stigmatize the patient for been given a disease is unfair!
henry quirk

"So to stigmatize the patient for (having) a disease is unfair!"

Post by henry quirk »

True, but once diagnosed and offered a treatment, if the patient not only rejects the treatment but also defends the disease, well, fuck 'em.
vegetariantaxidermy

Holy Mary mother of God, and that's probably the cream of American 'intelligentsia'.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Nope. Just more of the coarseness you know you love (deep down inside).
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 11:54 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 9:36 pm Beheading is a Muslim pass time. Not a Western one.

Regards
DL
Electric chairs, gas chambers, and other 'humane' activities are American pastimes. Destroying other people's countries is another.
I speak of killing the innocent and you speak of killing the guilty.

That is not quite a moral equivalency. I guess you have to have morals to see the difference.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

QuantumT wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 12:04 am What we have here, is failure in communication.

Look at it like this: There's a disease called Islam, and the patient is called a muslim.

He or she did not choose islam, it was put upon them from birth (in most cases). And only very few patients become malevolent!

So to stigmatize the patient for been given a disease is unfair!
Muslims infect other Muslims, as you say, so it is quite fair to stigmatise Muslims.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Re: "So to stigmatize the patient for (having) a disease is unfair!"

Post by Greatest I am »

henry quirk wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 12:46 am True, but once diagnosed and offered a treatment, if the patient not only rejects the treatment but also defends the disease, well, fuck 'em.
Regards to that.
DL