Do we owe Muslims another apology?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

QuantumT

Re: Do we owe Muslims another apology?

Post by QuantumT »

Averroes wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:15 pm Fourthly,  I do not need any advice from you on my religion or how to talk about it. I have no account to give you whatsoever about how I live my life in Islam. With me or without me, Islam will spread around the world. Allah, the Almighty does not need me or any other being that He created at all. We need Him.

Finally, if someone (whether it be you or someone else) asks me a question about Islam or any other topic and I know the answer, then I just share it, if Allah wills. And that's it. If you are not shocked by that, then indeed that is a good ending.
1st: Nobody needs Mr Allah. He's an idea, and an idea is nothing without its holders.

2nd: Islam deserves no voice, nor to be heard. It is guilty of crimes against humanity. Serious crimes!
But we can discuss it peacefully. I'm up for that.

3rd: The thread-starter hates Islam even more than I do. He sees muslims as inhumans. I don't. So you're much better off with me!
Averroes

Post by Averroes »

So you do not believe in Allah, the Creator of the heavens and the earth. Let us discuss about that then. And there is no need for your to worry with whom I might be better off. That too you don't get to decide. It might be that one day his Creator might change his heart. I never despair in the mercy of Allah, the Most Merciful. I was not good myself, but my life changed because Allah, my Creator showed mercy on me. The mercy of Allah is truly great.

So tell me who created the universe? Is the universe created or is it eternal?
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

Averroes wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:47 pm So you do not believe in Allah, the Creator of the heavens and the earth. Let us discuss about that then. And there is no need for your to worry with whom I might be better off. That too you don't get to decide. It might be that one day his Creator might change his heart. I never despair in the mercy of Allah, the Most Merciful. I was not good myself, but my life changed because Allah, my Creator showed mercy on me. The mercy of Allah is truly great.

So tell me who created the universe? Is the universe created or is it eternal?
Besides all the vain praise, that you obviously need to make, you do have some interesting questions!

I actually consider it to be probable, that our universe was created, and that it is finite (in the future). Most probably due to heat death though, not because it is stopped. But, it could also be stopped. If the "creator" wants to.
So you are probably wondering what creator I am refering to, right?

Well I see our universe as 99.999999999999999999999999999999999 % nothingness, and the tiny rest is pure energy. That energy is information in a matrix, made in some sort of supercomputer.
I know it sounds wild, but there's alot of supportive (circumstantial) evidence for it.

So. God or Allah is not divine. He's a sysop. He might be almighty in our universe, but he sure lost the overview long time ago.
Averroes

Post by Averroes »

QuantumT wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:04 pm Besides all the vain praise, that you obviously need to make, you do have some interesting questions!
Didn't you say we were up to discuss peacefully in your previous post? Are you not a person of your word? Do you really think that using the kind of language you are using is conducive to a peaceful and civilized exchange with me? Lets forget about this and try to be more peaceful next time. Is that ok?
I actually consider it to be probable, that our universe was created
Probable?!! Ok let me ask it this way then: did the universe had a beginning? What does science say about it?
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

Averroes wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:24 pm Didn't you say we were up to discuss peacefully in your previous post? Are you not a person of your word? Do you really think that using the kind of language you are using is conducive to a peaceful and civilized exchange with me? Lets forget about this and try to be more peaceful next time. Is that ok?
You did not intend to upset me previously, as did I not intend that now. But we're on shaky grounds here, so unintended insults might occur.
Probable?!! Ok let me ask it this way then: did the universe had a beginning? What does science say about it?
You know what it says. TBB we call it. The big silent boom. Expansion. When the sysop clicked "Start".
Averroes

Post by Averroes »

QuantumT wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:30 pm You did not intend to upset me previously, as did I not intend that now. But we're on shaky grounds here, so unintended insults might occur.
It's not about upsetting and insults, it's about focus. Someone who needs to resort to insults and ad hominem in a discussion is not serious. When someone is truly in a discussion he does not have time to lose into futilities as insults and ad hominems. For me insults and the likes bores me. So make an effort to focus and be civilized as you had promised.
You know what it says. TBB we call it. The big silent boom. Expansion. When the sysop clicked "Start".
So you believe that the universe started with the Big Bang and it expanded, and it is still nowadays expanding at an accelerating rate as science says? Is that a correct rendering of what you wrote?
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

Averroes wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:46 pm It's not about upsetting and insults, it's about focus. Someone who needs to resort to insults and ad hominem in a discussion is not serious. When someone is truly in a discussion he does not have time to lose into futilities as insults and ad hominems. For me insults and the likes bores me. So make an effort to focus and be civilized as you had promised.
Then make an effort yourself not to use religious speech in your replies. P-p-p-p-please :wink:
So you believe that the universe started with the Big Bang and it expanded, and it is still nowadays expanding at an accelerating rate as science says? Is that a correct rendering of what you wrote?
True dat. We're still working on it though.
Averroes

Post by Averroes »

True dat. We're still working on it though.
What are you working on now?? I just stated some facts which have been averred by scientific observation and the rational conclusion from these facts?! There is nothing to work on concerning our current discussion. We are just stating the facts at the moment and drawing rational conclusions.

So the universe had a beginning we have concluded logically from the facts of science.

Now how complicated and ordered and beautiful and intricate is the universe according to you? Knowing the laws of physics, could this have been the result of blind chance?
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

Averroes wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 11:01 pm What are you working on now?? I just stated some facts which have been averred by scientific observation and the rational conclusion from these facts?! There is nothing to work on concerning our current discussion. We are just stating the facts at the moment and drawing rational conclusions.
Well dark matter and energy is still to be proven. There is no direct evidence.
So the universe had a beginning we have concluded logically from the facts of science.

Now how complicated and ordered and beautiful and intricate is the universe according to you? Knowing the laws of physics, could this have been the result of blind chance?
Well, nature only allows survival of the fittests, so all we see is the result of that. The fittest are still here. Goes from bacterias to insects, to mammals like us. Welcome to the mammal kingdom btw... (just kidding! I know...)

As for blind chance, I doubt it. It must be the sysop. First he tried one setting, and got dinosaurs, then he tried another and got monkeys. Then he chose a monkey, changed the properties, and here we are!
Averroes

Post by Averroes »

So you believe the universe had a beginning and you do not believe in blind chance as the origin of the universe. So you are basically saying a Being independent of the universe created it! Thats the only logical conclusion a logical person can come up with after studying and reflecting on the facts.

So my question, what is your problem with calling the Creator of the universe God?
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

Averroes wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 11:23 pm So you believe the universe had a beginning and you do not believe in blind chance as the origin of the universe. So you are basically saying a Being independent of the universe created it! Thats the only logical conclusion a logical person can come up with after studying and reflecting on the facts.

So my question, what is your problem with calling the Creator of the universe God?
My problem is that our creator is not almighty, but just a simple operator of a simulation on a computer that is made by mortal beings like himself.
Averroes

Post by Averroes »

QuantumT wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 11:58 pm
Averroes wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 11:23 pm So you believe the universe had a beginning and you do not believe in blind chance as the origin of the universe. So you are basically saying a Being independent of the universe created it! Thats the only logical conclusion a logical person can come up with after studying and reflecting on the facts.

My problem is that our creator is not almighty, but just a simple operator of a simulation on a computer that is made by mortal beings like himself.
What are you talking about? I thought we were talking about the universe! How come you are now talking about computers now? How did you jump from one to the other? What did I miss here? Please explain.
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

You missed alot. It seems.

I wrote about it continuously. Go back 10 or more, you'll see it.

Welcome to the simulation. Your obedience is nolonger required.
Averroes

Post by Averroes »

Are we talking about science or science-fiction here? Present me the facts first and then we discuss those facts as I have done with you here. Wild theories before the facts is not scientific. You should know that!
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

Averroes wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 12:16 am Are we talking about science or science-fiction here? Present me the facts first and then we discuss those facts as I have done with you here. Wild theories before the facts is not scientific. You should know that!
Ofcourse I have facts! What kinda scientist do you take me for?!

1) QM: The collapse of the wave function: It strongly indicates that reality adapts to us.
2) QM: Nonlocality: Strongly indicates matter is centrally govorened. (could even be an uninteded glitch)
3) QM: Tunneling: Suggests that we have even more glitches in the system.
4) The speed of light: What could possibly stop something in a vacuum?
5) Everything = Information/energy.
6) We have to invent dark matter and energy to explain the state of the universe.
7) The holographic principle. C'mon! It's obvious!
8 ) The mathematical structure of nature / The Fibonacci sequence.
9) Graphical error correcting computer codes in string theory.
10) The supernatural. If just one case in all human history is true, it exists!
The supernatural is evidence of host interference.