Are Christians, Muslims and atheists idolaters?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Re: Are Christians, Muslims and atheists idolaters?

Post by Greatest I am »

"Are you just making provocative statements without thinking them through or being willing to explore your faulty reasoning? :P"

We are likely not too far off in our thinking.

Change your shit attitude and personal garbage and I might get back to you.

Regards
DL
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 4:15 pm
Lacewing wrote: "Are you just making provocative statements without thinking them through or being willing to explore your faulty reasoning? :P"
Change your shit attitude and personal garbage and I might get back to you.
:lol: Well, that's revealing... and answers the question.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Greatest I am wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:
Agnostic atheist is not how I have ever seen someone describe themselves
Atheists tend to have a closed mind on God while the agnostic says he does not know one way or the other
They are on the fence while atheists have chosen a side

Atheist is seen more as anti theist while agnostic are seekers who have yet to find
They are on the fence while atheists have taken a the side of non existence
Many atheists like myself describe themselves as agnostic atheists because we do not know whether or not God exists
I think he does not exist simply because there is no evidence for him but I cannot be absolutely certain of that though
Thinking God does not exist is you taking the atheist view
Agnostics do not take a side and say they do not know and not like you think or say God does not exist
There is a difference between thinking that God does not exist and knowing that he does not
I think that he does not but I do not know so by definition that makes me an agnostic atheist
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

surreptitious57 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 6:34 am
Greatest I am wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:

Many atheists like myself describe themselves as agnostic atheists because we do not know whether or not God exists
I think he does not exist simply because there is no evidence for him but I cannot be absolutely certain of that though
Agnostics do not take a side and say they do not know and not like you think or say God does not exist
There is a difference between thinking that God does not exist and knowing that he does not
I think that he does not but I do not know so by definition that makes me an agnostic atheist
The dictionary has begun to mix or meld the terms, so ok. The dictionaries are also using gnostic and agnostic interchangeably, so the definitions are a changing and melding. Stupid since one is esoteric and the other is not.

That does not negate that that ideal, however you wish to describe it, is still his ideal mental position and he idolizes it and hold it supreme. He is thus an idolater. If not, he would not take the label.

Regards
DL
surreptitious57

Greatest I am wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:
The dictionary has begun to mix or meld the terms so ok. The dictionaries are also using gnostic and agnostic
interchangeably so the definitions are a changing and melding. Stupid since one is esoteric and the other is not

That does not negate that that ideal however you wish to describe it is still his ideal mental position
and he idolizes it and hold it supreme. He is thus an idolater. If not he would not take the label
My atheism is not something I idolise at all. I just do not think God exists. No more. No less. I am more specifically
an apatheist which means I do not care whether or not he exists since it cannot be proven or disproven either way
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

surreptitious57 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 1:05 pm
Greatest I am wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:

The dictionary has begun to mix or meld the terms so ok. The dictionaries are also using gnostic and agnostic
interchangeably so the definitions are a changing and melding. Stupid since one is esoteric and the other is not

That does not negate that that ideal however you wish to describe it is still his ideal mental position
and he idolizes it and hold it supreme. He is thus an idolater. If not he would not take the label
My atheism is not something I idolise at all. I just do not think God exists. No more. No less. I am more specifically
an apatheist which means I do not care whether or not he exists since it cannot be proven or disproven either way
What is idolized is what you hold supreme. You hold your atheism thinking supreme. You are an idolater.

Break that logic trail if you can.

This link might drive my point home. Ignore the tail end preaching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... kZg1ZflpJs

Regards
DL
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Greatest I am wrote: What is idolized is what you hold supreme. You hold your atheism thinking supreme. You are an idolater.

People are telling you that they don't think this way. You are insisting that this is how it is and how they think. So you seem unwilling to accept anything other than what you want to see and claim. Simply repeating it over and over (and insisting) doesn't make it true or logical.

For example, speaking for myself... I do not hold anything supreme... and I do not idolize anything. All sorts of things WORK. Every moment is subject to change. Things evolve. Nothing is ultimately more important than anything else. To hold anything supreme or idolize it does not allow evolution, and that seems unnatural. You are simply speaking for yourself -- why are you trying to superimpose that on other people, while ignoring what they're telling you about themselves??? WHO is the one here with the "shit attitude and personal garbage" (as you say)??? :D Recognize your own stuff.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Lacewing wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 3:42 pm
Greatest I am wrote: What is idolized is what you hold supreme. You hold your atheism thinking supreme. You are an idolater.

People are telling you that they don't think this way. You are insisting that this is how it is and how they think. So you seem unwilling to accept anything other than what you want to see and claim. Simply repeating it over and over doesn't make it true or logical.

For example, speaking for myself... I do not hold anything supreme... and I do not idolize anything. All sorts of things WORK. Every moment is subject to change. Things evolve. Nothing is ultimately more important than anything else. To hold anything supreme or idolize it does not allow evolution, and that seems unnatural. You are simply speaking for yourself -- why are you trying to superimpose that on other people, while ignoring what they're telling you about themselves??? WHO is the one here with the "shit attitude and personal garbage" (as you say)??? :D Recognize your own stuff.
I like to separate the wheat from the chaff by getting details.

You are thinking like a Gnostic Christian.

You get a pass.

Regards
DL
surreptitious57

Greatest I am wrote:
I like to separate the wheat from the chaff by getting details
You were given details and did not accept them. I have just told you I am an apatheist so do not care if God exists or not and your response
to that is to claim that I am an idolater because I hold my atheism to be supreme. I have also told you that I am an agnostic atheist and you
claimed never to have heard the term before which if true only highlights your ignorance for most atheists I know are agnostic atheists. And
discussion is now entirely pointless for you simply keep repeating your mantra without actually trying to understand what I am saying to you
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 3:47 pm I like to separate the wheat from the chaff by getting details.
That's impossible when you're so consumed with what you think that you superimpose your limitations and mania onto all else.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

surreptitious57 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 4:08 pm
Greatest I am wrote:
I like to separate the wheat from the chaff by getting details
You were given details and did not accept them. I have just told you I am an apatheist so do not care if God exists or not and your response
to that is to claim that I am an idolater because I hold my atheism to be supreme. I have also told you that I am an agnostic atheist and you
claimed never to have heard the term before which if true only highlights your ignorance for most atheists I know are agnostic atheists. And
discussion is now entirely pointless for you simply keep repeating your mantra without actually trying to understand what I am saying to you
Just as you are not trying to understand that all thinking systems are ideologies and that we all put our own ideologies as our highest ideal.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Lacewing wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 4:32 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 3:47 pm I like to separate the wheat from the chaff by getting details.
That's impossible when you're so consumed with what you think that you superimpose your limitations and mania onto all else.
My so called mania has a logic trail while others hide in semantics.

Regards
DL
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 4:42 pm My so called mania has a logic trail while others hide in semantics.
That's what you tell yourself. :lol:
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Lacewing wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 4:45 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 4:42 pm My so called mania has a logic trail while others hide in semantics.
That's what you tell yourself. :lol:
No. That is what others tell me when they cannot refute the premise.

Regards
DL
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 4:56 pm :lol::lol:

No. That is what others tell me when they cannot refute the premise.
There is no refuting a flawed premise. You've been told that your premise sucks... and that it does not apply to other people, nor as you think it does... but still you cling to it, demanding like a madman that people refute it. So, apparently, you do not need the rest of us here, as you are insistent on upholding the small confines of your bubble world. Have fun with that. :)