Are Christians, Muslims and atheists idolaters?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

surreptitious57

Re: Are Christians, Muslims and atheists idolaters?

Post by surreptitious57 »

Greatest I am wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:
I like to separate the wheat from the chaff by getting details
You were given details and did not accept them. I have just told you I am an apatheist so do not care if God exists or not and your response
to that is to claim that I am an idolater because I hold my atheism to be supreme. I have also told you that I am an agnostic atheist and you
claimed never to have heard the term before which if true only highlights your ignorance for most atheists I know are agnostic atheists. And
discussion is now entirely pointless for you simply keep repeating your mantra without actually trying to understand what I am saying to you
Just as you are not trying to understand that all thinking systems are ideologies and that we all put our own ideologies as our highest ideal
What about thinking systems which do not place our own ideologies as our highest ideal
Any idea that can not be subjected to potential falsification should not be held too high

I hold logic to a higher ideal than atheism because logic can actually be demonstrated
Since it is after all the foundation of mathematics and mathematical proof is absolute

I can prove beyond all doubt that one and one equals two
I can not however prove or disprove the existence of God
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

surreptitious57 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:29 am
Greatest I am wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:

You were given details and did not accept them. I have just told you I am an apatheist so do not care if God exists or not and your response
to that is to claim that I am an idolater because I hold my atheism to be supreme. I have also told you that I am an agnostic atheist and you
claimed never to have heard the term before which if true only highlights your ignorance for most atheists I know are agnostic atheists. And
discussion is now entirely pointless for you simply keep repeating your mantra without actually trying to understand what I am saying to you
Correct, and if no proof can be found, we should reject 2 + 2 = 5, --- or any God who cannot prove his reality by popping up.
Yahweh is shown to be a deadbeat dad and if I find him, I have a bullet with his name on it.

Just as you are not trying to understand that all thinking systems are ideologies and that we all put our own ideologies as our highest ideal
What about thinking systems which do not place our own ideologies as our highest ideal
They should be rejected. Why would anyone want to follow a thinking system they thought inferior?

This of course assumes a decent system and not one built on insanity or given by some supernatural and thus imaginary entity or the vile religion that preaches for that imaginary God.
Any idea that can not be subjected to potential falsification should not be held too high
I agree. That would include all revealed supernaturally based religions. They are obviously false fantasy based religions.
I hold logic to a higher ideal than atheism because logic can actually be demonstrated
Since it is after all the foundation of mathematics and mathematical proof is absolute

I can prove beyond all doubt that one and one equals two
I can not however prove or disprove the existence of God
The reason atheists are atheists, I think, is that they will not go into fantasy thinking because they use logic and reason more than theists of the revealed religions.

They will not allow themselves to go into intellectual and moral dissonance to follow vile and immoral Gods the way Christians and Muslims have done.

Regards
DL
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 12:06 pm
gaffo wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:40 am
Greatest I am wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 4:34 pm Are Christians, Muslims and atheists idolaters?

Scholars think so and so do I.

http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Scriptures warn against idol worship yet that is exactly what Christian and Muslims do.

If you can talk about or name your God, you are an idolater. Do you realize that?

God is often thought of as an ideal.

I think that atheists would also fit into the idolater description because they idolize the notion that there is no God and have chosen that as their ideal.

Agnostics seem to be the only ones who are not idolaters because, like Gnostic Christians, they do not mind saying, I don’t know or only speaking of things they know to be facts.

Regards
DL
hi snake!

don't think so. maybe Catholics if one is an a fundie minded prot.

otherwise nope.

Muslims and Jews are strick in thier views WRT to this. no graven images.

of course we have the Alawites and Ahmadiyya heretics - muslim mormans following false prophets............but that is for another thread.
They all have a mental picture that they idol worship.

That must have escaped you.

Regards
DL
probably. I'm not the smartest.

BTW Sufi Muslims are spiritual.

tell that to the Wahhabists when you are in the area will you?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

gaffo wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 4:50 am

probably. I'm not the smartest.

BTW Sufi Muslims are spiritual.

tell that to the Wahhabists when you are in the area will you?
All who fly the star and crescent walk under the same light or darkness. Listen to the Dutch link again for the first time.

Regards
DL