A strange spiritual consequence of the multiverse theory

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Atla

A strange spiritual consequence of the multiverse theory

Post by Atla »

The idea of a vast, potentially infinite multiverse is nowadays being seriously considered even in scientific circles.

But on a side note, it also may have a very interesting consequence: an infinity of natural beings that would come across as godlike to us. If everything that can exist naturally, does exist, then so do they.

Good ones, bad ones, neutral ones and everything in between. Blissful ones, angry ones. Intelligent beyond our comprehension. Living in far more complex and massive universes than ours. Some of them with fantastic natural powers that we couldn't distinguish from magic.

It's just that they can't reach us and we can't reach them. As it stands there is absolutely no interaction possible. We can only know theorethically that they exist.

But some people might still derive some sort of feel-good notion from this, which may be a good thing if they can stop themselves from going crazy (like starting to believe that they are actually talking to these beings). But it might be reassuring to know that benevolent, godlike beings from our imaginations, may actually exist out there somewhere.
Lacewing

Re: A strange spiritual consequence of the multiverse theory

Post by Lacewing »

Atla wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:16 pm It's just that they can't reach us and we can't reach them. As it stands there is absolutely no interaction possible.
How do we know that?

How do we know that the many are not overlapping or intricately connected?

How do we know that we ourselves are not "existing" in multiple dimensions... maybe in multiple forms... simultaneously?

If we can ponder limitless multiverse possibilities, then why do we impose limits on who/what we think WE are?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:34 pm
Atla wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:16 pm It's just that they can't reach us and we can't reach them. As it stands there is absolutely no interaction possible.
How do we know that?

How do we know that we ourselves are not "existing" in multiple dimensions... maybe in multiple forms... simultaneously?

If we can ponder limitless multiverse possibilities, then why do we impose limits on who/what we think WE are?
Well as it stands, as far as I know there is no evidence yet that our universe is overlapping with another. But you're right it certainly can't be ruled out.

Some speculate for example that the cold spot in the cosmic microwave background might be one such overlapping but then again maybe it's just a statistic fluke.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:33 am
Lacewing wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:34 pm
How do we know that?

Well as it stands, as far as I know there is no evidence yet that our universe is overlapping with another. But you're right it certainly can't be ruled out.

Some speculate for example that the cold spot in the cosmic microwave background might be one such overlapping but then again maybe it's just a statistic fluke.
No, it's just you making it all up.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:16 pm
It's just that they can't reach us and we can't reach them. As it stands there is absolutely no interaction possible. We can only know theorethically that they exist.
Yeah, I know that feeling, it's kinda lonely isn't it not being able to contact anything that only exists inside your own head. :D

Someday's I too dream of meeting up with another mind and maybe hanging out together at Costa with a coffee and an iced doughnut or two, but lets not get too greedy...one mind is more than enough for this head to cope with.
Atla wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:16 pmBut some people might still derive some sort of feel-good notion from this, which may be a good thing if they can stop themselves from going crazy (like starting to believe that they are actually talking to these beings). But it might be reassuring to know that benevolent, godlike beings from our imaginations, may actually exist out there somewhere.
The only thing that goes crazy is the illusion that a separate self exists...it's wishful thinking at best. A wish that cannot be granted. Wishes don't always come real no matter how much you wish they could.

Bye the way, how do thoughts get out of the head anyway...isn't the inside of your head surrounded by thick hard walls?

Do thoughts walk through walls now? :lol:

Atla

Post by Atla »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:08 pm
Atla wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:16 pm
Yeah, I know that feeling, it's kinda lonely isn't it not being able to contact anything that only exists inside your own head. :D

Someday's I too dream of meeting up with another mind and maybe hanging out together at Costa with a coffee and an iced doughnut or two, but lets not get too greedy...one mind is more than enough for this head to cope with.
Atla wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:16 pmBut some people might still derive some sort of feel-good notion from this, which may be a good thing if they can stop themselves from going crazy (like starting to believe that they are actually talking to these beings). But it might be reassuring to know that benevolent, godlike beings from our imaginations, may actually exist out there somewhere.
The only thing that goes crazy is the illusion that a separate self exists...it's wishful thinking at best. A wish that cannot be granted. Wishes don't always come real no matter how much you wish they could.

Bye the way, how do thoughts get out of the head anyway...isn't the inside of your head surrounded by thick hard walls?

Do thoughts walk through walls now? :lol:

Nothing you wrote relates to the topic (and doesn't make sense anyway).
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:43 pm Nothing you wrote relates to the topic (and doesn't make sense anyway).
You claimed that everything we say is in the head, that includes our capacity to think of things existing out there is also inside our head.

So how do the thoughts get outside the walls of the skull? ..it's a simple question.

Avoid it all you want, but then it will be you not making sense, stop projecting your nonsense, fool.

Atla

Post by Atla »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:03 pm
Atla wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:43 pm Nothing you wrote relates to the topic (and doesn't make sense anyway).
You claimed that everything we say is in the head, that includes our capacity to think of things existing out there is also inside our head.

So how do the thoughts get outside the walls of the skull? ..it's a simple question.

Avoid it all you want, but then it will be you not making sense, stop projecting your nonsense, fool.
Thoughts don't fly out of the head. Have you ever had any sort of connection to the real world?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:05 pm Thoughts don't fly out of the head. Have you ever had any sort of connection to the real world?
So the idea of a vast, potentially infinite multiverse doesn't fly anywhere past the head, is that what your saying?

You said imagination is of the head, I can get the quote where you said it if you've forgotten.

Lets try and make sense here....is the idea of a vast, potentially infinite multiverse imagined or does it really exist somewhere out-there?

Have you not used an idea that you claim to not fly out of the head here? ...so how come it's out there now... when you've already said thoughts don't fly out of the head.

So where are the ideas located exactly? ..do you even know what you are talking about?

Atla

Post by Atla »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:53 pm
Atla wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:05 pm Thoughts don't fly out of the head. Have you ever had any sort of connection to the real world?
So the idea of a vast, potentially infinite multiverse doesn't fly anywhere past the head, is that what your saying?

You said imagination is of the head, I can get the quote where you said it if you've forgotten.

Lets try and make sense here....is the idea of a vast, potentially infinite multiverse imagined or does it really exist somewhere out-there?

Have you not used an idea that you claim to not fly out of the head here? ...so how come it's out there now... when you've already said thoughts don't fly out of the head.

So where are the ideas located exactly? ..do you even know what you are talking about?

You have no idea how to make a disctinction between thoughts, the external world and scientific theories. At this point I think you need treatment, and I'm not joking.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:16 pm You have no idea how to make a disctinction between thoughts, the external world and scientific theories. At this point I think you need treatment, and I'm not joking.
And you have no idea where ideas reside.

No need for treatment, treatment only veils the root cause, not the actual cause.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:16 pmWe can only know theorethically that they exist.
As imagined yes, inside the head yes, not out-there.
NO..not out-there, only in your head remember.

You live on the razors edge of creation of not-knowing...the only time you know something is real, is after you've experienced it. So at the moment, this 3 Dimensional world is all you know...this is as good as it's going to get for you right now, anything else is pure imagined speculation This is your only experience; to wit. You cannot cross the horizon, that domain is in the lap of the Gods.

''I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man who walks to direct his steps. ... And verily it should be yet better within than without, for God is a discerner of our heart, Whom we must reverence with all our hearts wheresoever we are, and walk pure in His presence as do the angels.'' ~Jeremiah 10:23

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Atla wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:33 am Well as it stands, as far as I know there is no evidence yet that our universe is overlapping with another. But you're right it certainly can't be ruled out.

I may have jumped over your point(?): Imagining the multitude of "god-like" beings if there are multiverses can, yes, disrupt/redefine our understanding of gods and spirituality.

I felt inspired to further contemplate and point out that we continue to impose our own models and boundaries even when we're imagining what could be beyond them. For example, if we're considering the potential of multiverses, and "those within" those multiverses, why not also question our concepts of "within" and "without"? How many dimensions (as we understand such a thing) might there be? And why are we so sure that there are physical boundaries (or universes) separating everything? There may be an "infinity of natural beings" (to use your words) that are accessible or flowing through us right now in every moment -- some seemingly god-like or magic -- all part of one ocean of energies and currents -- just lots and lots of "channels" to tune to. The frequencies and manifestations each of us experience could be infinitely vast and varied.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:57 pm
Atla wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:33 am Well as it stands, as far as I know there is no evidence yet that our universe is overlapping with another. But you're right it certainly can't be ruled out.

I may have jumped over your point(?): Imagining the multitude of "god-like" beings if there are multiverses can, yes, disrupt/redefine our understanding of gods and spirituality.

I felt inspired to further contemplate and point out that we continue to impose our own models and boundaries even when we're imagining what could be beyond them. For example, if we're considering the potential of multiverses, and "those within" those multiverses, why not also question our concepts of "within" and "without"? How many dimensions (as we understand such a thing) might there be? And why are we so sure that there are physical boundaries (or universes) separating everything? There may be an "infinity of natural beings" (to use your words) that are accessible or flowing through us right now in every moment -- some seemingly god-like or magic -- all part of one ocean of energies and currents -- just lots and lots of "channels" to tune to. The frequencies and manifestations each of us experience could be infinitely vast and varied.
Well, for example I tend to think that on a deeper level, there are no actual boundaries separating universes, just as there are no actual boundaries inside our universe.

But that doesn't mean that those other universes are actually accessible to us. We are bound to, continuous with this (apparent) universe. As far as we can tell so far, this is how it works, at least for us, and none of these godlike beings have been seen so far either.

We have to be very careful here because it's so easy to start imagining things that probably aren't there, and the last thing this world needs is even more craziness.

It's so easy to imagine anything. It's bad enough already that nowadays many people think that they are some kind of hologram in a simulation or whatever. :)
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Atla wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:29 pm Well, for example I tend to think that on a deeper level, there are no actual boundaries separating universes, just as there are no actual boundaries inside our universe.
Yes, it gets tricky trying to have a discussion that explores vastness and depth with limited human words/concepts on the surface. :)
Atla wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:29 pm But that doesn't mean that those other universes are actually accessible to us. We are bound to, continuous with this (apparent) universe. As far as we can tell so far, this is how it works, at least for us, and none of these godlike beings have been seen so far either.
As far as we can tell, perhaps. But when I consider that so many enlightened beings have been on this planet -- in addition to considering my own personal experiences of seeing beyond various "veils" and/or being filled with awareness beyond my "typical self and life experience" (as MANY people experience for themselves) -- then I cannot help but contemplate vast connectivity that appears to extend beyond time and space. :D Where is all of this "other-worldly" awareness and capability coming from? "Our universe" is just a human concept that is as limited as our understanding is.

In your first post, you wrote: "it might be reassuring to know that benevolent, godlike beings from our imaginations, may actually exist out there somewhere." I want to respond by saying, yes, it IS reassuring to consider that ALL is ONE... ALL is POSSIBLE... there are no static paths... and it's a matter of what we tune into. If all is available... what do we choose from THAT? I find such a contemplation exciting and comforting because there are many ways to work with anything. If someone wants to thrash around and spew a certain story... creating their own ideas of limitation, isolation, torment, and divine truth... or basking in some sort of self-glorifying insanity -- it's not as clever or aware as they might imagine it to be... but perhaps they will eventually realize that there are VAST potentials to explore and manifest. We're not stuck. WE ARE MAGNIFICENT CREATORS with our every thought. That seems more incredibly powerful and freeing than most of us are effectively utilizing.
Atla wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:29 pm It's so easy to imagine anything. It's bad enough already that nowadays many people think that they are some kind of hologram in a simulation or whatever. :)
:lol: Well, it's possible. The possibilities of a "bigger picture" than what we see are fun to explore -- but our closest bond (and most powerful tool?) is the present moment... what we're generating and feeding with that... love, hate, joy, fear, etc... because we can do that anywhere, in any situation, any reality, any universe, any hologram. :)
Last edited by Lacewing on Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.