A strange spiritual consequence of the multiverse theory

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Serendipper

Re: A strange spiritual consequence of the multiverse theory

Post by Serendipper »

uwot wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:56 am
Serendipper wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:14 pmWhen the speaker cycles outward of the box and the air in the port also cycles outward, the sound pressure level rises sharply. That happens at resonance. Below resonance, they work against each other since the speaker travels outward, but the air in the port travels inward. Above resonance, the air in the port doesn't move and the enclosure performs as if it were sealed.
Ok, got it. Was the idea to improve the quality of the sound, or just scientific curiosity?
A little of both. I thought I had a novel idea, but it was done to death in the 70s.

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Atla wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:36 pm I just don't understand the frequency thing, I can't place it into this picture. :) I think of it more like in terms that, whereas we normally live our lives through mental constructs and spotlight attention, in the natural state we see things very directly and mostly through floodlight attention.

But then again there is this idea that the ancient OM meditation resonates to the Schumann resonances (edit: correction, they may be different frequencies and I mixed them up) - there really are the resonances of the global mind/global tuning fork all around us and people already realized thousands of years ago how to tap into them. It's also good for health.
I often use the word frequency although I do not have a scientific way for explaining it. The concept of frequencies is something I've seen demonstrated/represented in many ways throughout life. One simple example comes from choosing which frequency to resonate on in any situation or moment. A situation does not determine/limit that -- and the extent of awareness does not determine/limit that. Rather, there appear to be many ways to vibrate with anything/everything in any given moment -- AND there appear to be countless ways that ALL is vibrating. I think of these vibrations as frequencies or channels (with an energetic quality) that one may attune to, or tune into (consciously or not), and there may not be any build-up or precursor for doing so because there is a vast range of them available all the time. Like an infinite number of channels from an immense transmitter... which can be accessed instantaneously or even simultaneously.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Lacewing wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 5:12 pm I often use the word frequency although I do not have a scientific way for explaining it. The concept of frequencies is something I've seen demonstrated/represented in many ways throughout life. One simple example comes from choosing which frequency to resonate on in any situation or moment. A situation does not determine/limit that -- and the extent of awareness does not determine/limit that. Rather, there appear to be many ways to vibrate with anything/everything in any given moment -- AND there appear to be countless ways that ALL is vibrating. I think of these vibrations as frequencies or channels (with an energetic quality) that one may attune to, or tune into (consciously or not), and there may not be any build-up or precursor for doing so because there is a vast range of them available all the time. Like an infinite number of channels from an immense transmitter... which can be accessed instantaneously or even simultaneously.
Thank you for the detailed explanation! :) I'll try to wrap my head around it, it comes accross to me as one more of those ~5-10 things that are so universal in one gender's experience but mostly missing/weak/different/unnoticed in the other gender's experience.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Serendipper wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:52 pm
Lacewing wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:34 pm
Atla wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:16 pm It's just that they can't reach us and we can't reach them. As it stands there is absolutely no interaction possible.
How do we know that?
By definition of universe. If one universe could communicate with another, then they wouldn't be separate universes, but connected and considered together as one universe.
So... communication between two things makes them one? Please explain this logic.

Our concept and definition of "the Universe" is based on the limitations of what we know and try to conceive of. But what "otherness" might we NOT know or conceive of? And why would communication between two realms (which might be physically/vibrationally very different) somehow automatically superimpose/merge our limited Universe over/with another? Must we always be dominating other territories... claiming them as ours? :)