New Proof of the Existence of God

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greta

Re: New Proof of the Existence of God

Post by Greta »

Serendipper wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:48 am"Other philosophers adopted yet other solutions, including the monism of Spinoza and the pre-established harmony of Leibniz" ...

How does one thing affect another thing? They have to be part of the same thing otherwise it's an impossible problem.
Does connection entirely imply membership or ownership?
A co-op membership.[/quote]
My guess is that if we keep digging we'll mostly just find feedback loops and fractal relations.

G: But they are annihilated immediately. Maybe they are tiny explosions? Maybe everything that exists is an explosion of sorts? fast ones and very slow ones :)
S: Somehow they are being created faster than they are being annihilated?
G: Maybe the same, with the energy of the "little explosions" pushing outwards in all directions.
S: Yes but then it would become thinner. We need new particles to maintain density.
G: True. Dark energy is the most insane concept - the natural state of the closest aspect of reality we know to nothingness is unbridled expansion and the only thing that checks its tempo is gravity, as in the early universe. I have an image in my mind of space expanding ever faster in the late universe as matter thins out ever more, faster and faster and faster until an unknown threshold is broken and there's another bang, not from one spot, but from everywhere (as posited). Of course this begs a question about a new law of physics involved with the break point.
Serendipper wrote:So how about a mason jar of dirt with lid and ring in the oven at 350 for a while, then fill with boiling water to the top, slap the lid on and wait 5 years?
How perfectly can you seal it? NASA's clean rooms seem to have a bit more going on than a jar, an oven and a hot water jug :)
Serendipper

Post by Serendipper »

Greta wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:27 am
Does connection entirely imply membership or ownership?
A co-op membership.
My guess is that if we keep digging we'll mostly just find feedback loops and fractal relations.
Yes I believe that too. I believe that to be the result of a camera looking at its own monitor because we are what we are looking at.

G: But they are annihilated immediately. Maybe they are tiny explosions? Maybe everything that exists is an explosion of sorts? fast ones and very slow ones :)
S: Somehow they are being created faster than they are being annihilated?
G: Maybe the same, with the energy of the "little explosions" pushing outwards in all directions.
S: Yes but then it would become thinner. We need new particles to maintain density.
G: True. Dark energy is the most insane concept - the natural state of the closest aspect of reality we know to nothingness is unbridled expansion and the only thing that checks its tempo is gravity, as in the early universe. I have an image in my mind of space expanding ever faster in the late universe as matter thins out ever more, faster and faster and faster until an unknown threshold is broken and there's another bang, not from one spot, but from everywhere (as posited). Of course this begs a question about a new law of physics involved with the break point.
S: Do you remember the math problem where if bacteria doubles everyday for 30 days, on what day will there be half as many? Imagine a ball of bacteria doubling, so wouldn't that describe an acceleration of expansion? If every point in space doubles in a unit of time, then we have a situation of universal expansion that is accelerating at a rate minus the gravity pulling space back in.

If two galaxies are sufficiently far apart, the amount of space between them multiplies faster than the gravity can pull it in, so the galaxies will accelerate away from each other. If two stars are close enough together that space cannot multiply fast enough to offset gravity, then they will never drift apart, but what happens when the stars run out of fuel and explode? The big rip seems a likely possibility since everything above absolute zero decays.
Serendipper wrote:So how about a mason jar of dirt with lid and ring in the oven at 350 for a while, then fill with boiling water to the top, slap the lid on and wait 5 years?
How perfectly can you seal it? NASA's clean rooms seem to have a bit more going on than a jar, an oven and a hot water jug :)
Yeah but if NASA found life, they would bury it and claim it was a rock or something :evil:

The only hole in my plan is the air that will be in the jar when I put the lid on. I don't have a cleanroom and according to mom, neither a clean room lol
Beauty

Post by Beauty »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:39 am That which lives never dies. And that which dies never lives.

Between now and now there is no between = Proof that all is Oneness...which is just another concept for God.

To speak of anything existing requires existence to be prior to knowing. So all knowing is an appearance of what is and always has to be.

That which is, is without cause ...That which seems to be, is caused.

That which is causeless, is the cause of all things... That seem to be.

This is power indeed.

This is.

THIS IS IT.

Irrefutable and immutable immortal.

I like what you have quoted, but there's a problem in one thing. If uncaused is God, then what God creates would be somehow uncaused too, so not caused by God, and so it would be itself. Maybe God just thinks and it's there.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Beauty wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 10:12 am
I like what you have quoted, but there's a problem in one thing. If uncaused is God, then what God creates would be somehow uncaused too, so not caused by God, and so it would be itself. Maybe God just thinks and it's there.

One thing is a problem - for how can one thing exist?

One exists upon reflection of itself. It exists and does not exist.Consciousness itself is the observer that cannot observe itself. So what is seen is also inseparable from what's seeing. There is no dividing line between seer and seen.

Consciousness is a blank screen. On the screen of consciousness the brain projects experiences using a projector. The projector is the brain. Experiences are sensation of cold, hot, love, pain etc etc..

"Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." - Niels Bohr the scientist.

God is just another word for one - and one is just another word for infinity without border for eternity.

So who experiences itself, is nothing other than the mind itself which is memory..see here....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-u5LE6X6ME

GSKERN

Post by GSKERN »

wisdomlover:

First, props to you for having the courage to post a God-leaning syllogism. In my experience, most such posts get shouted down with a great deal of snark and condescension.

Second, there are a number of ways to challenge any argument; allow me to try just 2:

(1) The Terms of your first premise seem vague: "Life", "created", "random" and "process" all need to be defined.

(2) That first premise needs to be proven True if the conclusion is to be considered True. No idea how we could prove it, and it seems to assume its own Truth to start off with.

However, the Syllogism itself might work better if you were to say "IF P1, and IF P2, THEN C"... Not a True conclusion, mind you, but a tighter, more Valid argument.

Thank you for your interesting post.
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

The problem is not if there is "a god" (creator). The problem is divinity and being eternal. Both are BS.
GSKERN

Post by GSKERN »

QuantumT,
Can you explain why Divinity and Being Eternal are (ahem) "bs"?