Gnostic Christianity’s hidden in plain sight secret. We must do evil.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Re: Gnostic Christianity’s hidden in plain sight secret. We must do evil.

Post by Greatest I am »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:11 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:52 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:10 pm

My little question on Hitler threw you I see. That aside.
Actually I am strictly observing that we have complete moral freedom because of the golden mean.

If I want to be cruel...I can be cruel...If I want to be kind I can be kind...considering it all eventually forms the realities we will be judged by.

They treat "hitler and the holocaust" as if it was some horrifying evil humanity never recovered from, and allusions to the hitler example are simple "moral dramas". If I can recall, after the holocaust, the world kept going the and persecuted people (jews), at the time, got their own country.

Moralists philosophers treat evil as if it is some all-encompassing power.

As to my crop, well, 75% of us have some kind of reciprocity rule that we live by so I expect that negativity returns negativity and positive returns positive.

You seem to think we should turn the other cheek. That rewards evil and if you think we should do that then tell us how you would return something positive to someone who rapes your wife.
How would "turn the other cheek" apply to a rape case where I am morally obligated to protect another person under distress, under the premise of the Golden Rule?

Regards
DL
Exactly my point.
Turning the other cheek rewards evil and that is why I do not recommend it.

Reciprocity in such a case is what is required and the evil of the rape should be rewarded with the evil of incarceration or worse.

Regards
DL
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:03 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:52 am
Exactly my point.

Reciprocity in such a case is what is required and the evil of the rape should be rewarded with the evil of incarceration or worse.

Regards
DL
From this it may be implied that the Golden Rule gives many moral freedoms, up to but not limited to self-defense, etc.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:06 pm

Exactly my point.

Regards
DL
From this it may be implied that the Golden Rule gives many moral freedoms, up to but not limited to self-defense, etc.
Indeed.

It can also give one leave to do what is usually called immoral for a higher moral.
Somewhat like the good of the many is more important than the good of the few.

Regards
DL
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:04 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:06 pm

Indeed.

It can also give one leave to do what is usually called immoral for a higher moral.
Somewhat like the good of the many is more important than the good of the few.

Regards
DL
In these respects, and to sum up my portion of the argument in this thread, the Golden rule is a universal constant of moral measurement to form the world we choose to live in by observing man as measurer, who living through a form of universal moderation as "measurement through observation" establishes the boundaries of extremes which give rise to the very state of being he chooses to live in.

Living in peace with others allows one to reap peace through time being the metaphorical "soil" to our deeds as "seeds" of will.
On the other hand "living by the sword, one dies by the sword".

The question of right and wrong is less about what is right and wrong, but rather the nature of choice as forming the foundation of being, with any extreme being an absence of choice, and moderation being the embracement and unity of extremes which synthesize our reality as children of God.

God manifests the reality we understand as an act of will and does not pass judgement on it other than saying "this action leads to that further action". In these respects, the reality we observe is merely a median point to other realities, and is symbolic in itself as a form of language formed through "the word".

How different are we? How much morally freer can we be? If I will peace, I reap peace. If I will violence, I reap violence. In these respects both peace and violence, as freedom to create and destroy, are gifts in and of themselves. Further more we can understand man as measurer, imaged after the father, is man as creator and destroyer.

Creation and destruction are the foundation for the Golden Rule and we can do as we wish, and enjoy or suffer the consequences we want. Who prohibits me from wanting joy or pain? Noone but me.