The Mystical Perfection of My Seven Divinely Inspired Visions

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bobevenson
Posts: 7349
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 am
Contact:

The Mystical Perfection of My Seven Divinely Inspired Visions

Post by bobevenson » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:53 am

1. When I was about 7 or 8 years old, I was in bed with a sore throat. I had my knees raised up under the covers, pretending it was a church, and suddenly the image of a man's face appeared at the back. It scared the hell out of me, and I quickly lowered my knees, and didn't raise them again. It wasn't until I was an adult that I realized the image was the classic picture of Jesus Christ.

2. During the same time period, I accompanied a friend who had to stop at Frieda's Tavern for some reason. As I waited for him at the front of the bar, I overheard the bartender say the words "Ouzo by Metaxa" twice to a customer, and from the context of the conversation I knew it was a drink. That's the only time those words ever crossed my mind until I was an adult and frequented a dart bar in Cincinnati. There was a player there who only drank ouzo, and he always ordered it in a loud voice with a 15 to 20 second spiel about ordering ouzo. Although I never remembered the event at Frieda's Tavern, it was like I was very familiar with the drink. One evening I was playing darts with him and two other players, and he decided to buy us a round of ouzo. It was the first time I ever drank it, but it was like I was very familiar with the taste. The lights in the bar suddenly dimmed, and a spotlight came on me from behind. My only reaction was thinking it was like I was a performer on stage. And then the long-forgotten memory of Frieda's Tavern came back to me in full detail.

3. In Cincinnati, I played liar's poker with a group that had a very poor player. He wanted to change the rules to allow a player to make a higher bid if challenged all around. As a liar's poker purist, I wanted nothing to do with any rule changes, but I went along with the idea because the other players wanted to appease him. However, I soon discovered it improved the game 100%, and I tried to think of other possible rule changes. The only idea I could come up with was doubling and redoubling the score like in bridge, but I quickly determined it simply wasn't playable for liar's poker. A number of years later when I began my research for "The Ouzo Prophecy," I was sitting in a restaurant when an authoritative voice in my mind said, "The rules of the game are now changed. Bidder and non-bidder can double or redouble. The game will be played at a much higher level." It made me laugh, and I said I had already determined a player couldn't double, much less anybody redoubling, and what if the game couldn't be played this new way, which I was sure it couldn't, and the voice replied, "Then forget about the game, it's worthless!"

4. In my research for "The Ouzo Prophecy," which was just a promotional idea that the game had been predicted in the Bible, specifically Revelation 13:18, I learned there were only two basic interpretations of 666, which wasn't enough material for even a short promotional paper, so I decided to give up on it. A few days later, as I casually walked down the aisle of my favorite bookstore, I was suddenly confronted by books to my immediate right where there shouldn't have been any books. I noticed they were all numerology books, and I wondered if a numerology book would have anything about 666. I started browsing through them, and one author had heard two chemistry professors discussing the carbon atom of 6 protons, 6 neutrons and 6 electrons, and decided this was the answer to the mysterious 666. I said to myself, you'd never see that in a Biblical commentary, and then I said, now I can write the "The Ouzo Prophecy".

5. The next evening I drove to the main Cincinnati Public Library and got about a dozen books to help me write the paper. I knew the easiest and most enjoyable paragraph would be my reference to the game being predicted in the Bible, but I also knew that I had to explain the game without it sounding like a set of rules, and that might not be possible to do, but I forged ahead. I spent 2-3 hours on each paragraph, including a number of false starts. When I came to the paragraph about the game being predicted in the Bible, I sat there for fifteen or twenty minutes without even being able to make a false start, and it slowly dawned on me that I didn't have anything to say, that I couldn't just say here's another interpretation of 666, that there had to be some kind of connecting bridge, but I didn't have one. I was absolutely self-humiliated and asked myself why I had wasted all this time. Finally, I implored myself to "write something!" and as soon as I said it, I started to write, but not a single word came from my conscious mind, and I wrote the entire paragraph without a single hesitation, and when I finished, I said to myself, "Wow, that's heavy, like philosophical!" The next two paragraphs explained the game without sounding like a set of rules, and turned out to be the easiest paragraphs I had written.

6. The finished paper at that point did not have the poetic introduction, a drawing of the Ouzo Cross or the Notes on the Ouzo Cross, and it was copyrighted as Robert M. Evenson. I read it hundreds of times and it was always like I was reading it for the first time. I thought the paper was just great, and seeing my name on the copyright notice was like the icing on a cake. Only one thing ever changed. Seeing my name on the copyright notice slowly started making me feel more and more uncomfortable until it reached the point that I couldn't tolerate having my name on it. But I needed to copyright the paper under some name, and the first name that came to mind was Church of Ouzo (the first time those words ever crossed my mind), but I immediately rejected it as being premature (in fact it was premature because it would eventually become the copyrighted name). The second name that came to mind was Tor, which had once been considered for a baby's name (years later, a PBS program interviewed a scientist who said that life itself was evolving in the direction of solid-state electronics. I fantasized that this would be happening everywhere in the universe, and when the universe started to contract, there would be a solid-state convention of solid-state devices communicating with each other with the omniscience of God. I called it the Solid-state Convention, a religion for the space age, and the leader would be named Tor.) I changed the copyright notice to Tor, and even practiced signing my name that way. Eventually, when I came to the copyright notice, a primary schoolteacher's voice in my mind asked, "Who is Tor?" and I said it was me. The next time, the same voice asked the same question, and I said it was my pen name. The next time, I said it was the spokesman for the Church of Ouzo. I now became very tense and frustrated, and visited a Cincinnati branch library to find the paperback book of baby names where I had originally seen the name Tor (not a store that sold paperback books, the logical place to go). Incredibly, there was a single paperback book of baby names there, and it was the one I was looking for. After I saw the Tor entry, my tension and frustration vanished, and I decided to browse through the other books. I finally came to a very thin book of religious and ethnic names from around the world. It listed the name Tor as meaning "king" in the Tiv language of Nigeria. I was stunned, but not a thought went through my mind. I looked up Africa in two encyclopedias and a number of books on Africa to no avail. I drove over to a shopping mall that had two bookstores, but instead of going to my favorite store, I went to the one I didn't care for. I was looking for another book on Africa, and I immediately saw one all by itself and not with any other books on geography. I turned to the index, and found what I was looking for, "The cradle of mankind," and only then did I say to myself that Tor was the Second Coming of Christ, and when I said it, I flinched as though I were going to be hit by a bolt of lightning since it was the most blasphemous idea that had ever crossed my mind, and yet I was absolutely convinced of its truth.

7. For five days, I struggled without success trying to resolve the issue. Finally, I said to myself that if it were true, God would not expect me to accept it without some kind of sign. That made sense, but what kind of sign? I immediately thought of gematria, and that the First Coming of Christ's name, Iesous (Jesus in Greek), added up to 888 in classical Greek gematria, one above the mystical perfection of 777. Now, there was no English gematria, but if there were, the simplest and least arbitrary would be A=1 to Z=26. If Tor added up to 88, or 77 or 66, any Ouzo combination, that would be a very good sign. So I added up Tor, and the total was 53. My immediate reaction was "53, that's about the most nondescript number you could come up with. The only thing unique about 53 is that it's a prime number." So much for that little exercise. A little later, I was completely relaxed, not thinking of anything, but three things were slowly turning in my mind, the First Coming of Christ, the Second Coming of Christ, and 53. Suddenly it flashed into my mind, 53, the 5 letters of Jesus and the 3 letters of Tor, adding up to 8, one above perfection. I said, "That's better than an Ouzo combination!" Because of my first reaction that the only thing unique about 53 was that it's a prime number, I was vaguely curious about the dictionary definition, and checked it out. Two days later, I visited the Cincinnati branch library with a small unruled tablet for some reason. I sat down at a table, opened the tablet and wrote the number 53. Then I wrote about a dozen prime numbers above and below 53. I wasn't looking at the numbers, but they were in my unfocused line of vision. Suddenly, a cross appeared on the numbers, and I said to myself, "I feel as though I'm looking at a cross, a holographic cross, and all I have to do analyze the relationship of these numbers to explain the effect, but my only analysis was to stare intensely at the cross. I could feel myself getting closer and closer to the answer without actually having it. Finally, the idea of an umbrella came to mind, and soon I saw the numbers 47 and 59 pivoting on the 53. An umbrella is a holographic cross rotating on its axis.
Last edited by bobevenson on Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Posts: 1547
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: The Mystical Perfection of My Seven Divinely Inspired Visions

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:27 am

What is this I don't even.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 7455
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: The Mystical Perfection of My Seven Divinely Inspired Visions

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:56 am

Bob = 3 Evenson = 7 (37). The exact age Jesus was when he was crucified + 4. 4 = the number of letters in God + 1. There is only 1 Bob Merlin Evenson. Merlin = 5 + 1 Jesus = 5 x 1. Ergo Bob Evenson IS Jesus. OMFG!!

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5636
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: The Mystical Perfection of My Seven Divinely Inspired Visions

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:06 pm

bobevenson wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:53 am
1. When I was about 7 or 8 years old, I was in bed with a sore throat. I had my knees raised up under the covers, pretending it was a church, and suddenly the image of a man's face appeared at the back. It scared the hell out of me, and I quickly lowered my knees, and didn't raise them again. It wasn't until I was an adult that I realized the image was the classic picture of Jesus Christ.

2. During the same time period, I accompanied a friend who had to stop at Frieda's Tavern for some reason. As I waited for him at the front of the bar, I overheard the bartender say the words "Ouzo by Metaxa" twice to a customer, and from the context of the conversation I knew it was a drink. That's the only time those words ever crossed my mind until I was an adult and frequented a dart bar in Cincinnati. There was a player there who only drank ouzo, and he always ordered it in a loud voice with a 15 to 20 second spiel about ordering ouzo. Although I never remembered the event at Frieda's Tavern, it was like I was very familiar with the drink. One evening I was playing darts with him and two other players, and he decided to buy us a round of ouzo. It was the first time I ever drank it, but it was like I was very familiar with the taste. The lights in the bar suddenly dimmed, and a spotlight came on me from behind. My only reaction was thinking it was like I was a performer on stage. And then the long-forgotten memory of Frieda's Tavern came back to me in full detail.

3. In Cincinnati, I played liar's poker with a group that had a very poor player. He wanted to change the rules to allow a player to make a higher bid if challenged all around. As a liar's poker purist, I wanted nothing to do with any rule changes, but I went along with the idea because the other players wanted to appease him. However, I soon discovered it improved the game 100%, and I tried to think of other possible rule changes. The only idea I could come up with was doubling and redoubling the score like in bridge, but I quickly determined it simply wasn't playable for liar's poker. A number of years later when I began my research for "The Ouzo Prophecy," I was sitting in a restaurant when an authoritative voice in my mind said, "The rules of the game are now changed. Bidder and non-bidder can double or redouble. The game will be played at a much higher level." It made me laugh, and I said I had already determined a player couldn't double, much less anybody redoubling, and what if the game couldn't be played this new way, which I was sure it couldn't, and the voice replied, "Then forget about the game, it's worthless!"

4. In my research for "The Ouzo Prophecy," which was just a promotional idea that the game had been predicted in the Bible, specifically Revelation 13:18, I learned there were only two basic interpretations of 666, which wasn't enough material for even a short promotional paper, so I decided to give up on it. A few days later, as I casually walked down the aisle of my favorite bookstore, I was suddenly confronted by books to my immediate right where there shouldn't have been any books. I noticed they were all numerology books, and I wondered if a numerology book would have anything about 666. I started browsing through them, and one author had heard two chemistry professors discussing the carbon atom of 6 protons, 6 neutrons and 6 electrons, and decided this was the answer to the mysterious 666. I said to myself, you'd never see that in a Biblical commentary, and then I said, now I can write the "The Ouzo Prophecy".

5. The next evening I drove to the main Cincinnati Public Library and got about a dozen books to help me write the paper. I knew the easiest and most enjoyable paragraph would be my reference to the game being predicted in the Bible, but I also knew that I had to explain the game without it sounding like a set of rules, and that might not be possible to do, but I forged ahead. I spent 2-3 hours on each paragraph, including a number of false starts. When I came to the paragraph about the game being predicted in the Bible, I sat there for fifteen or twenty minutes without even being able to make a false start, and it slowly dawned on me that I didn't have anything to say, that I couldn't just say here's another interpretation of 666, that there had to be some kind of connecting bridge, but I didn't have one. I was absolutely self-humiliated and asked myself why I had wasted all this time. Finally, I implored myself to "write something!" and as soon as I said it, I started to write, but not a single word came from my conscious mind, and I wrote the entire paragraph without a single hesitation, and when I finished, I said to myself, "Wow, that's heavy, like philosophical!" The next two paragraphs explained the game without sounding like a set of rules, and turned out to be the easiest paragraphs I had written.

6. The finished paper at that point did not have the poetic introduction, a drawing of the Ouzo Cross or the Notes on the Ouzo Cross, and it was copyrighted as Robert M. Evenson. I read it hundreds of times and it was always like I was reading it for the first time. I thought the paper was just great, and seeing my name on the copyright notice was like the icing on a cake. Only one thing ever changed. Seeing my name on the copyright notice slowly started making me feel more and more uncomfortable until it reached the point that I couldn't tolerate having my name on it. But I needed to copyright the paper under some name, and the first name that came to mind was Church of Ouzo (the first time those words ever crossed my mind), but I immediately rejected it as being premature (in fact it was premature because it would eventually become the copyrighted name). The second name that came to mind was Tor, which had once been considered for a baby's name (years later, a PBS program interviewed a scientist who said that life itself was evolving in the direction of solid-state electronics. I fantasized that this would be happening everywhere in the universe, and when the universe started to contract, there would be a solid-state convention of solid-state devices communicating with each other with the omniscience of God. I called it the Solid-state Convention, a religion for the space age, and the leader would be named Tor.) I changed the copyright notice to Tor, and even practiced signing my name that way. Eventually, when I came to the copyright notice, a primary schoolteacher's voice in my mind asked, "Who is Tor?" and I said it was me. The next time, the same voice asked the same question, and I said it was my pen name. The next time, I said it was the spokesman for the Church of Ouzo. I now became very tense and frustrated, and visited a Cincinnati branch library to find the paperback book of baby names where I had originally seen the name Tor (not a store that sold paperback books, the logical place to go). Incredibly, there was a single paperback book of baby names there, and it was the one I was looking for. After I saw the Tor entry, my tension and frustration vanished, and I decided to browse through the other books. I finally came to a very thin book of religious and ethnic names from around the world. It listed the name Tor as meaning "king" in the Tiv language of Nigeria. I was stunned, but not a thought went through my mind. I looked up Africa in two encyclopedias and a number of books on Africa to no avail. I drove over to a shopping mall that had two bookstores, but instead of going to my favorite store, I went to the one I didn't care for. I was looking for another book on Africa, and I immediately saw one all by itself and not with any other books on geography. I turned to the index, and found what I was looking for, "The cradle of mankind," and only then did I say to myself that Tor was the Second Coming of Christ, and when I said it, I flinched as though I were going to be hit by a bolt of lightning since it was the most blasphemous idea that had ever crossed my mind, and yet I was absolutely convinced of its truth.

7. For five days, I struggled without success trying to resolve the issue. Finally, I said to myself that if it were true, God would not expect me to accept it without some kind of sign. That made sense, but what kind of sign? I immediately thought of gematria, and that the First Coming of Christ's name, Iesous (Jesus in Greek), added up to 888 in classical Greek gematria, one above the mystical perfection of 777. Now, there was no English gematria, but if there were, the simplest and least arbitrary would be A=1 to Z=26. If Tor added up to 88, or 77 or 66, any Ouzo combination, that would be a very good sign. So I added up Tor, and the total was 53. My immediate reaction was "53, that's about the most nondescript number you could come up with. The only thing unique about 53 is that it's a prime number." So much for that little exercise. A little later, I was completely relaxed, not thinking of anything, but three things were slowly turning in my mind, the First Coming of Christ, the Second Coming of Christ, and 53. Suddenly it flashed into my mind, 53, the 5 letters of Jesus and the 3 letters of Tor, adding up to 8, one above perfection. I said, "That's better than an Ouzo combination!" Because of my first reaction that the only thing unique about 53 was that it's a prime number, I was vaguely curious about the dictionary definition, and checked it out. Two days later, I visited the Cincinnati branch library with a small unruled tablet for some reason. I sat down at a table, opened the tablet and wrote the number 53. Then I wrote about a dozen prime numbers above and below 53. I wasn't looking at the numbers, but they were in my line of unfocused vision. Suddenly, a cross appeared on the numbers, and I said to myself, "I feel as though I'm looking at a cross, a holographic cross, and all I have to do analyze the relationship of these numbers to explain the effect, but my only analysis was to stare intensely at the cross. I could feel myself getting closer and closer to the answer without actually having it. Finally, the idea of an umbrella came to mind, and soon I saw the numbers 47 and 59 pivoting on the 53. An umbrella is a holographic cross rotating on its axis.
To make a point, since Bob was able to give all this detail
in his OP, why was he unable to provide "The Ouzo Prophecy"?

PhilX 🇺🇸

bobevenson
Posts: 7349
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: The Mystical Perfection of My Seven Divinely Inspired Visions

Post by bobevenson » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:45 pm

I have the paper, it's just not convenient to distribute electronically (I believe you did see the Church of Ouzo website earlier, containing all the Ouzo papers).

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5636
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: The Mystical Perfection of My Seven Divinely Inspired Visions

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:04 pm

bobevenson wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:45 pm
I have the paper, it's just not convenient to distribute electronically (I believe you did see the Church of Ouzo website earlier, containing all the Ouzo papers).
You mean you can't do a copy and paste? (since it was part of your Ouzo website, it must exist in electronic form).

PhilX 🇺🇸

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 7455
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: The Mystical Perfection of My Seven Divinely Inspired Visions

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:21 pm

bobevenson wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:45 pm
I have the paper, it's just not convenient to distribute electronically (I believe you did see the Church of Ouzo website earlier, containing all the Ouzo papers).
There was ONE small piece of paper with text obviously banged out on a very old typewriter. Just a lot of rubbish about numbers and the 7 deadly sins of Cincinnatti or some such. Not worth the effort it takes to read it. You are a fraud, bob merlin evenson.

User avatar
Greta
Posts: 4215
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:10 am

Re: The Mystical Perfection of My Seven Divinely Inspired Visions

Post by Greta » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:52 pm

When I was about 7 or 8 years old, I was in bed with a sore throat. I had my knees raised up under the covers, pretending it was a church, and suddenly the image of a man's face appeared at the back.
It may be that you had an erection under the blankets and in the dark your knob looked like a face.

Edit: typo
Last edited by Greta on Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 7455
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: The Mystical Perfection of My Seven Divinely Inspired Visions

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:59 pm

:lol:

bobevenson
Posts: 7349
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: The Mystical Perfection of My Seven Divinely Inspired Visions

Post by bobevenson » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:50 pm

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:21 pm
bobevenson wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:45 pm
I have the paper, it's just not convenient to distribute electronically (I believe you did see the Church of Ouzo website earlier, containing all the Ouzo papers).
There was ONE small piece of paper with text obviously banged out on a very old typewriter. Just a lot of rubbish about numbers and the 7 deadly sins of Cincinnatti or some such. Not worth the effort it takes to read it. You are a fraud, bob merlin evenson.
I'm sorry, but you are confusing "The Ouzo Prophecy" with something else.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 7455
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: The Mystical Perfection of My Seven Divinely Inspired Visions

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:56 pm

bobevenson wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:50 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:21 pm
bobevenson wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:45 pm
I have the paper, it's just not convenient to distribute electronically (I believe you did see the Church of Ouzo website earlier, containing all the Ouzo papers).
There was ONE small piece of paper with text obviously banged out on a very old typewriter. Just a lot of rubbish about numbers and the 7 deadly sins of Cincinnatti or some such. Not worth the effort it takes to read it. You are a fraud, bob merlin evenson.
I'm sorry, but you are confusing "The Ouzo Prophecy" with something else.
No I'm not. That's all there was and has ever been.

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5636
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: The Mystical Perfection of My Seven Divinely Inspired Visions

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:30 am

bobevenson wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:45 pm
I have the paper, it's just not convenient to distribute electronically (I believe you did see the Church of Ouzo website earlier, containing all the Ouzo papers).
Lacewing saw it and posted this back in July:

"Bob, what happened to your website?"

To which you claimed it was a "satanic-inspired fiasco..."

So what's there to see?

PhilX 🇺🇸

bobevenson
Posts: 7349
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: The Mystical Perfection of My Seven Divinely Inspired Visions

Post by bobevenson » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:26 pm

Nothing until the website gets back up or you send in an SASE.

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5636
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: The Mystical Perfection of My Seven Divinely Inspired Visions

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:59 pm

bobevenson wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:26 pm
Nothing until the website gets back up or you send in an SASE.
How long has the website been down Bob?

PhilX 🇺🇸

bobevenson
Posts: 7349
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: The Mystical Perfection of My Seven Divinely Inspired Visions

Post by bobevenson » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:19 pm

How long has it been since you gave the post office a ray of hope?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests