How do you compassionately tell a supernatural believing person that they are borderline stupid?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 1811
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: How do you compassionately tell a supernatural believing person that they are borderline stupid?

Post by Greatest I am » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:27 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:59 pm
Greatest I am wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:34 pm

You are all over the place.

Do you live by the Golden Rule?

If so, do you like to be corrected if you are thinking poorly about something?

Or would you prefer to be ignored by those who could lead you to the right thinking?

What would or should a teacher do with a poor thinking student.

Regards
DL
Taking advice from others is resonating with your own innate intelligence you have temporally forgotten.

Real intelligence is about listening to your own inner voice, not the voice of another. Listen to others is just the mirror of your own voice reflecting back at you, take what is of value, reject the rest.

We're all just walking each home.
So you do not think we learn from others and you would not help someone think better.

Ok. A shit morality but ok.

Regards
DL

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 4702
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: How do you compassionately tell a supernatural believing person that they are borderline stupid?

Post by Dontaskme » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:08 am

Greatest I am wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:27 pm

So you do not think we learn from others and you would not help someone think better.

Ok. A shit morality but ok.

Regards
DL
No.. I don't think that at all. You do...your reply was an interpretation of what I said... that's why we can only resonate with what's already true within ourselves.

The world is AS IT IS - Human perception which is only ever Consciousness experiencing itself as and through that body mind mechanism, will only see the world as they are- interpreted according to their own culture and conditioning and personal world view as seen through the lens of their own perception.

Different strokes for different folks...take what's of value that is in accord with your own truth,and reject the rest...it's all the same one love action dreaming difference where there is none.

It's all about ''Resonance''

All the many of the ONE All knowing.

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 1811
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: How do you compassionately tell a supernatural believing person that they are borderline stupid?

Post by Greatest I am » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:44 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:08 am
Greatest I am wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:27 pm

So you do not think we learn from others and you would not help someone think better.

Ok. A shit morality but ok.

Regards
DL
No.. I don't think that at all. You do...your reply was an interpretation of what I said... that's why we can only resonate with what's already true within ourselves.

The world is AS IT IS - Human perception which is only ever Consciousness experiencing itself as and through that body mind mechanism, will only see the world as they are- interpreted according to their own culture and conditioning and personal world view as seen through the lens of their own perception.

Different strokes for different folks...take what's of value that is in accord with your own truth,and reject the rest...it's all the same one love action dreaming difference where there is none.

It's all about ''Resonance''

All the many of the ONE All knowing.
I red what is given and judge from that.

If you cannot put your ideas down better, that is your problem.

You should be grateful for all those who have helped you think better and from what you put, I judged that you were not as you did not feel that you should correct others.

If I am wrong. apologies. If I am right, yours is a shit morality.

Clear it up by agreeing that correcting poor thinking is what we should do.

Regards
DL

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 4702
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: How do you compassionately tell a supernatural believing person that they are borderline stupid?

Post by Dontaskme » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:18 pm

Greatest I am wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:44 pm

If you cannot put your ideas down better, that is your problem.
Speak for yourself.
Greatest I am wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:44 pm
You should be grateful for all those who have helped you think better and from what you put, I judged that you were not as you did not feel that you should correct others.
Oh, I'm always very grateful having my own knowledge reflected back at me, when I appear to have temporally forgotten it.
Greatest I am wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:44 pm
If I am wrong. apologies. If I am right, yours is a shit morality.
You have no proof of what my bullshit smells like, you can only smell your own shit.
Greatest I am wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:44 pm
Clear it up by agreeing that correcting poor thinking is what we should do.

Regards
DL
Clear your own shit up - what I am your cleaning assistant.

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 1811
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: How do you compassionately tell a supernatural believing person that they are borderline stupid?

Post by Greatest I am » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:06 pm

Perfect. Thanks.

Regards
DL

seeds
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:31 pm

Re: How do you compassionately tell a supernatural believing person that they are borderline stupid?

Post by seeds » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:38 pm

seeds wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:34 am
Did you grow up being indoctrinated into Catholicism?

It might just be my imagination, but I have personally noticed that many hardcore atheists, or at least those who are most vitriolic toward Christianity, started out as Catholics.
Greatest I am wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:37 pm
Sigh. I do not care about atheists and there views here. Stay on topic please.
I am staying on topic.

The problem is that you just don’t seem to understand the deeper implications of the topic you created.

As I suggested earlier, because you disparage and mock others for thinking that there might be something supernatural supporting the existence of the universe, while simultaneously declaring that you have no need to understand how the universe came into being...

...it therefore speaks volumes regarding the weight and value of your opinion on the matter.

And just to make sure that there is no mistaking the point, if no one truly knows how the universe began, then you plainly and simply cannot rule-out the possibility of supernatural processes being involved in its creation....

...(And if you dare to conflate what I just stated with the brazen non sequitur that I therefore must be trying to get you to follow a son-murdering God named Yahweh, then you will be proving that you are incapable of rational discourse.)

And in regards to my pointing-out how atheism seems to be implicit in your belief system...

(Continued in next post)
_______

seeds
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:31 pm

Re: How do you compassionately tell a supernatural believing person that they are borderline stupid?

Post by seeds » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:39 pm

_______

(Continued from prior post)
Greatest I am wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:37 pm
Sigh. I do not care about atheists and there views here....
Let’s review a couple of your earlier statements...
Greatest I am wrote: ...we do not promote atheism. We are a religion and one would be a fool to think a religion promotes atheism. Mine religion is just not foolish enough to put a supernatural entity above us.
Greatest I am wrote: Remember that to us, God is a man, his ideology really...
Are you seriously attempting to argue that your religion is not atheistic because, to you, “God is a man,” and because you believe in the ideology of this man whom you have deemed to be God, it therefore makes you a “theist”?

Is that really how your version of Christian Gnosticism is not a form of atheism?

If so, then I guess the ancient Egyptians were “theists” with respect to the Pharaohs. Or some of the brainwashed North Koreans are “theists” with respect to Kim Jong-un.

And lastly, in the OP of your thread – “Gnostic Christianity’s hidden in plain sight secret”- you stated the following...
Greatest I am wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:20 pm
Gnostic Christians posit an evil God, Yahweh, because of his creation of the evolutionary system in place. This system forces us to do evil to others when we win competitions....

...In the Gnostic Christian view,...there is another God above Yahweh that might have a better system that excludes that evil.
So the question is: how and where does your belief that there is another God “above Yahweh,” fit into your concept that God is a man?
_______

User avatar
Greta
Posts: 3950
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:10 am

Re: How do you compassionately tell a supernatural believing person that they are borderline stupid?

Post by Greta » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:37 am

seeds wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:39 pm
If so, then I guess the ancient Egyptians were “theists” with respect to the Pharaohs. Or some of the brainwashed North Koreans are “theists” with respect to Kim Jong-un.
Seeds, I would say these were religions, just not based on the notion of transcendence beyond Kim, and it looks like that house of cards is starting to fall: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08 ... ans-place/

seeds
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:31 pm

Re: How do you compassionately tell a supernatural believing person that they are borderline stupid?

Post by seeds » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:29 am

seeds wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:39 pm
If so, then I guess the ancient Egyptians were “theists” with respect to the Pharaohs. Or some of the brainwashed North Koreans are “theists” with respect to Kim Jong-un.
Greta wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:37 am
Seeds, I would say these were religions, just not based on the notion of transcendence beyond Kim,...
I agree, and he can correct me if I am wrong, but that seems to be what Greatest I am is implying about his own version of Gnostic Christianity – that there is no transcendence above and beyond a particular man and his ideology.
Greta wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:37 am
...and it looks like that house of cards is starting to fall: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08 ... ans-place/
More like a house of horse crap.

And thank goodness for the fall.

Perhaps Rupert Sheldrake’s concept of “morphic resonance” (wherein what is obvious to the vast majority of humans on earth), is finally reaching-in to the minds of the Korean people.
Collins English Dictionary wrote: morphic resonance
noun
1. the idea that, through a telepathic effect or sympathetic vibration, an event or act can lead to similar events or acts in the future or an idea conceived in one mind can then arise in another
Though I suppose a more rational explanation is that they already innately knew the truth but were just too frightened to do much about it (until recently).

And there's no doubt that having (covert?) access to the Internet has helped speed things along.
_______

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 1811
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: How do you compassionately tell a supernatural believing person that they are borderline stupid?

Post by Greatest I am » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:18 pm

seeds wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:39 pm
_______

(Continued from prior post)
Greatest I am wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:37 pm
Sigh. I do not care about atheists and there views here....
Let’s review a couple of your earlier statements...
Greatest I am wrote: ...we do not promote atheism. We are a religion and one would be a fool to think a religion promotes atheism. Mine religion is just not foolish enough to put a supernatural entity above us.
Greatest I am wrote: Remember that to us, God is a man, his ideology really...
Are you seriously attempting to argue that your religion is not atheistic because, to you, “God is a man,” and because you believe in the ideology of this man whom you have deemed to be God, it therefore makes you a “theist”?

Is that really how your version of Christian Gnosticism is not a form of atheism?

If so, then I guess the ancient Egyptians were “theists” with respect to the Pharaohs. Or some of the brainwashed North Koreans are “theists” with respect to Kim Jong-un.

And lastly, in the OP of your thread – “Gnostic Christianity’s hidden in plain sight secret”- you stated the following...
Greatest I am wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:20 pm
Gnostic Christians posit an evil God, Yahweh, because of his creation of the evolutionary system in place. This system forces us to do evil to others when we win competitions....

...In the Gnostic Christian view,...there is another God above Yahweh that might have a better system that excludes that evil.
So the question is: how and where does your belief that there is another God “above Yahweh,” fit into your concept that God is a man?
_______
Our myths were created to further discussions and debates and not to be read literally.

This link speaks to this. You, given all the lies that the winners of the God wars wrote of Gnostic Christianity, should be asking us what we believe and not ignoring what we say we believe to believe the lies told of us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02cia ... =PLCBF574D

If you are not willing to believe what I say of my religion, do not bother asking about it.

Regards
DL

seeds
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:31 pm

Re: How do you compassionately tell a supernatural believing person that they are borderline stupid?

Post by seeds » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:50 pm

Greatest I am wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:18 pm
Our myths were created to further discussions and debates and not to be read literally.

This link speaks to this. You, given all the lies that the winners of the God wars wrote of Gnostic Christianity, should be asking us what we believe and not ignoring what we say we believe to believe the lies told of us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02cia ... =PLCBF574D

If you are not willing to believe what I say of my religion, do not bother asking about it.
I agree with almost everything in the video.

However, nothing that was stated by the speaker addressed the topic of this thread which is an assertion that there can be nothing “supernatural” associated with the creation of the universe – and that anyone who considers such a thing to be possible is “stupid” according to you.

In other words, you have made a proclamation about reality that is way beyond the reach and scope of Gnostic Christianity.

And when you add to that the fact that you also stated the following...
Greatest I am wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:20 pm
...In the Gnostic Christian view....there is another God above Yahweh...
...which is something that is absolutely teeming with “supernatural” implications (be it myth or not), then you are being blatantly hypocritical by supporting (or at the very least, muddying) your argument with ideas that you have already declared to be nonsense.
_______

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 1811
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: How do you compassionately tell a supernatural believing person that they are borderline stupid?

Post by Greatest I am » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:46 pm

seeds wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:50 pm
Greatest I am wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:18 pm
Our myths were created to further discussions and debates and not to be read literally.

This link speaks to this. You, given all the lies that the winners of the God wars wrote of Gnostic Christianity, should be asking us what we believe and not ignoring what we say we believe to believe the lies told of us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02cia ... =PLCBF574D

If you are not willing to believe what I say of my religion, do not bother asking about it.
I agree with almost everything in the video.

However, nothing that was stated by the speaker addressed the topic of this thread which is an assertion that there can be nothing “supernatural” associated with the creation of the universe – and that anyone who considers such a thing to be possible is “stupid” according to you.

In other words, you have made a proclamation about reality that is way beyond the reach and scope of Gnostic Christianity.

And when you add to that the fact that you also stated the following...
Greatest I am wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:20 pm
...In the Gnostic Christian view....there is another God above Yahweh...
...which is something that is absolutely teeming with “supernatural” implications (be it myth or not), then you are being blatantly hypocritical by supporting (or at the very least, muddying) your argument with ideas that you have already declared to be nonsense.
_______

Two things. To answer your "In other words, you have made a proclamation about reality that is way beyond the reach and scope of Gnostic Christianity."

Correct. As well as everyone else.

First. I do tend to overuse the word stupid. I am working on that.

I also happen to be working on something pertinent to Yahweh and his first commandment which identifies many other Gods. That would include you.

-------------------

Have all free thinkers and the religious settled for a Scientific and spiritual God of the Gaps?

Religions are now recognizing evolution as part of their God of the Gaps ideologies. Science also admits to their own God of the multiverse Gaps where their laws break down.

Religions are here to stay, however; so is science. Religions will just have to learn to live with this.

Governments and the secular world, which have to act in a non-believer way, separate of church and state; have also had science cast much doubt about the efficacy of all the gods.

Thanks to all the gods for our Socio-democratic secular legal systems.

A human created ideology is proving itself to be better overall.

Humankind, or our equivalent; is the God of the Gap.

God is best defined as a human being. Do you agree?

We are all driven by our instinct to be the fittest human beings possible. We do so, through laws and rules of conduct which are all man made. God is redundant and remains a drain on the progress of civilization.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ1PDxeUynA

We all have the same God of the Gaps. So why are we fighting?

Regards
DL

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests