How do you compassionately tell a supernatural believing person that they are borderline stupid?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Re: How do you compassionately tell a supernatural believing person that they are borderline stupid?

Post by Greatest I am »

seeds wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:52 am _______

(Continued from prior post)
Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:49 pm If you think it is better to believe in supernatural garbage, and end in adoring Yahweh, a genocidal son murdering p****, just to solve a mystery, you show how evil Christianity is and how damaging to a psyche the supernatural is.
Your obsessive and myopic focus on the dubious blatherings of a specific group of ancient Middle Eastern humans has you completely deluded into thinking that the word “supernatural” is somehow singularly synonymous with the myth of a genocidal son-murdering entity named Yahweh, and nothing else.

In other words, you are making the egregious error of assuming that any appeal to the possibility that something supernatural (transcendent) might be involved in the creation of the universe, automatically means that one must therefore be referring to the phantasmagorical details that form the basis of the Abrahamic religions.

Such nonsense represents a serious problem with your reasoning.

(Continued in next post)
_______
If I applied it only to Yahweh, you would have a point.

I apply it to all possible supernatural entities from Thor to Allah. Just because I do not list all the thousands of fantasy Gods does not mean I ignore them.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Re: How do you compassionately tell a supernatural believing person that they are borderline stupid?

Post by Greatest I am »

seeds wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:53 am
_______

(Continued from prior post)
Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:49 pm Gnostic Christianity is not elitist as it is a Universalist creed. You might want to learn about it if you wish to repair your psyche.
I have looked into Gnostic Christianity and have not been able to locate anywhere in its teachings where it shuns the supernatural while embracing atheism and materialism in the way that you do.
Not too surprising that as we do not promote atheism. We are a religion and one would be a fool to think a religion promotes atheism. Mine religion is just not foolish enough to put a supernatural entity above us.

Do you not embrace materialism? Do you not love your material self and your fellow man?
And one of the more ironic aspects of this situation is that you often reference the video lectures of Bill Donahue to bolster your arguments.
Indeed. His knowledge of the esoteric and allegory is well presented. As an esoteric ecumenist, I recommend his work.
Well let me remind you of one of our previous debates in an alternate thread:
seeds wrote: ...if you are going to link to videos that, presumably, are meant to support your atheistic point of view, then you might want to choose your sources more carefully.
There is that inapplicable word atheist again.
The following is a transcript of what the speaker in one of the videos you referenced said as he drew a correlation between Christ and the constellation of Aquarius:
It shows the symbolism of the spark of God within you. What is you problem with that?

Remember that to us, God is a man, his ideology really, and men are the painters. _______
Huh? Who thinks that? Not Gnostic Christians. Does the following sound like we think creation and reality to be evil?

Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.
If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.
Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.
[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.
But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

As you can see from that quote, if we see God's kingdom all around us and inside of us, we cannot think that the world is anything but evolving perfection. Most just don't see it and live in poverty.
As I made clear at the time of that post, it seems pretty obvious that Bill Donahue (again, the man you often cite in support your argument against the existence of God) is a person who clearly implies that he himself believes that God exists.
So why accuse me of being an atheist?
Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:49 pm Your fear of the afterlife has corrupted your thinking.
Just as attofishpi suggested, you are guilty of blindly painting all theists (and all forms of speculation regarding the supernatural) with your bigoted brush...

...for it is obvious that you do not have the remotest idea of what my thinking entails.
_______
Speculation of the supernatural I do not mind.

On the other hand, if you tell me that some invisible guy in the sky, especially a genocidal son murdering God, has good morals that I must follow to reverse his unjust condemnation and threat of hell against me, then I would tell you where to go if you did not want to discuss the vile morality you want me to adopt.

BTW, seek out the 13th Zodiac sign.

The deeper you look, the more Gods pop up out of the woodwork.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Re: Nice that you would ignore the harm that the homophobic and misogynous religions do even to those in your own family

Post by Greatest I am »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:18 am
Why is it that all atheists are hypocrites?
Ask an atheist and he will give you a mirror.

Regards
DL
attofishpi

Re: Nice that you would ignore the harm that the homophobic and misogynous religions do even to those in your own family

Post by attofishpi »

Greatest I am wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:27 pm

Regards
DL
Why? So he could look at himself?

Regards
Atto
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:08 pm

Regards
DL

Regards
Atto
If you have the mirror, he is not looking at himself.

Your reading comprehension sucks.

Regards
DL
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Greatest I am wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:03 pm
attofishpi wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:08 pm

Regards
DL

Regards
Atto
If you have the mirror, he is not looking at himself.

Your reading comprehension sucks.

Regards
DL
Really? I hold the mirror for you to look at your soulless self.

Regards
Atto
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Of course he would have one on hand, considering that is what he looks into constantly.

Regards
DL
seeds

Post by seeds »

thedoc wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:23 am
seeds wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:51 am If there are questions that you really don’t want anyone to actually answer, then perhaps you shouldn’t ask the questions.
_______
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NCryQRna5A

This is what I told my wife before we got married, I had told her that I would answer any question she asked.
I love Carly Simon.

You have no doubt seen it, but her outdoor live performance of “You Belong to Me” is almost indistinguishable from the album version:

https://youtu.be/S6BalhjGfjM

_______
seeds

Post by seeds »

_______
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:23 pm [......]
You have done it again.

Do you have any idea of how annoying (and confusing) it is when you do not use the quote box system properly?

In your most recent reply to one of my posts, in your sloppy use of the quote boxes, you have made it appear as if I am the author of just about every one of your statements.

What is your problem, DL? If you need instructions on how to quote properly, I will be glad to help you.

That being said, let me try to sort out some of the dodgy points you made.

First of all there is this exchange...
seeds wrote: I have looked into Gnostic Christianity and have not been able to locate anywhere in its teachings where it shuns the supernatural while embracing atheism and materialism in the way that you do.
To which you replied...
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:23 pm Not too surprising that as we do not promote atheism. We are a religion and one would be a fool to think a religion promotes atheism. Mine religion is just not foolish enough to put a supernatural entity above us.
Can you be any more obfuscating and disingenuous than that?

The dictionary definition of an atheist is as follows:
the Dictionary wrote:
a•the•ist

noun

1. a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.
_______
Therefore, unless you are viewing “man” as a theistic deity, then if you are insisting that there does not (cannot) exist any supernatural entities above us - or more specifically, a supernatural entity who is responsible for the creation of the universe, then you are an atheist, plain and simple.

Have the courage to own the implications of your belief system and stop pretending that the rest of us are too dense to notice when you are trying to confuse the issue.

(Btw, when you say that “...we are a religion...” you sound like a Borg drone.)

Next, here is an even more disingenuous exchange which began with me quoting your man Bill Donahue...
seeds wrote: The following is a transcript of what the speaker in one of the videos you referenced said as he drew a correlation between Christ and the constellation of Aquarius:
Bill Donahue from the video “Hidden Meanings In Bible” wrote: “...the zodiac is real, it’s true...I’m not talking about fortune telling or nonsense. The zodiac is the twelve signs of man - it’s in the universe. God painted a picture of the Christ in the sky and you as a Christian have been afraid to look at it. It’s the man carrying the picture of water, meaning - he, the Christ that dwells within you, pouring out truth all over this universe......You see it on a Christmas card; God painted it in the sky and you’re afraid to look at it because your churches have filled you with a bunch of stuff about the evilness of it...

...we oughta get down on our knees and apologize to God for thinking that His heavenly creation is evil...”
As I made clear at the time of that post, it seems pretty obvious that Bill Donahue (again, the man you often cite in support your argument against the existence of God) is a person who clearly implies that he himself believes that God exists.
_______
Wherein you then responded to what I stated above with the following mess of confusing gibberish...
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:23 pm
seeds wrote: The following is a transcript of what the speaker in one of the videos you referenced said as he drew a correlation between Christ and the constellation of Aquarius:
It shows the symbolism of the spark of God within you. What is you problem with that?

Remember that to us, God is a man, his ideology really, and men are the painters. _______
I did not write any of the words that came after the word “Aquarius.”

Nevertheless, you had the ridiculous gall to follow-up your shameless misquoting of me with this bizarre response...
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:23 pm Huh? Who thinks that? Not Gnostic Christians. Does the following sound like we think creation and reality to be evil? ...
What do you mean “Who thinks that”? Clearly it is whoever “your” man Bill Donahue was referring to in the quote you butchered.

(Hence your cluelessness as to how the quote boxes work, wherein everything within the box itself is supposed to be attributed to the designated author.)

DL, I am trying to be “compassionate” here and I do not mean to insult you in any way, for I believe that you have good intentions. However, I cannot tell if you are purposely trying to be dishonest, or if you just simply do not know how to respond with logic and clarity to those who question your assertions.

Either way it is clear that you are living in a fable-generated “thought bubble” whose inner wall is festooned with tortured visions of reality that have caused you to obsess over the mythological misconceptions handed down to us from ancient minds.

Did you grow up being indoctrinated into Catholicism?

It might just be my imagination, but I have personally noticed that many hardcore atheists, or at least those who are most vitriolic toward Christianity, started out as Catholics.
_______
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:16 pm How do you compassionately tell a supernatural believing person that they are borderline stupid?

You don't full stop. You must never ever do such a thing. You have no proof that another person exists outside of your own consciousness, the ''other'' is your own projection, a kind of transference of energy.

What you must do is remind yourself that this is just a believed thought arising inside your own mind, and that it does not exist anywhere in the real world as it is. It's only exists in your head.

The world is as it is.
Everything is as it is. How or what or when or who or why or where it is, that is imagination... ...real imagination.

You do not see the world AS-IT-IS...you see the world as you ARE...IT's all your own invention.

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

seeds wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:34 am _______
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:23 pm [......]
You have done it again.

Do you have any idea of how annoying (and confusing) it is when you do not use the quote box system properly?

In your most recent reply to one of my posts, in your sloppy use of the quote boxes, you have made it appear as if I am the author of just about every one of your statements.

What is your problem, DL? If you need instructions on how to quote properly, I will be glad to help you.

That being said, let me try to sort out some of the dodgy points you made.

First of all there is this exchange...
seeds wrote: I have looked into Gnostic Christianity and have not been able to locate anywhere in its teachings where it shuns the supernatural while embracing atheism and materialism in the way that you do.
To which you replied...
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:23 pm Not too surprising that as we do not promote atheism. We are a religion and one would be a fool to think a religion promotes atheism. Mine religion is just not foolish enough to put a supernatural entity above us.
Can you be any more obfuscating and disingenuous than that?

The dictionary definition of an atheist is as follows:
the Dictionary wrote:
a•the•ist

noun

1. a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.
_______
Therefore, unless you are viewing “man” as a theistic deity, then if you are insisting that there does not (cannot) exist any supernatural entities above us - or more specifically, a supernatural entity who is responsible for the creation of the universe, then you are an atheist, plain and simple.

Have the courage to own the implications of your belief system and stop pretending that the rest of us are too dense to notice when you are trying to confuse the issue.

(Btw, when you say that “...we are a religion...” you sound like a Borg drone.)

Next, here is an even more disingenuous exchange which began with me quoting your man Bill Donahue...
Bill Donahue from the video “Hidden Meanings In Bible” wrote: “...the zodiac is real, it’s true...I’m not talking about fortune telling or nonsense. The zodiac is the twelve signs of man - it’s in the universe. God painted a picture of the Christ in the sky and you as a Christian have been afraid to look at it. It’s the man carrying the picture of water, meaning - he, the Christ that dwells within you, pouring out truth all over this universe......You see it on a Christmas card; God painted it in the sky and you’re afraid to look at it because your churches have filled you with a bunch of stuff about the evilness of it...

...we oughta get down on our knees and apologize to God for thinking that His heavenly creation is evil...”
_______
Wherein you then responded to what I stated above with the following mess of confusing gibberish...
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:23 pm

I did not write any of the words that came after the word “Aquarius.”

Nevertheless, you had the ridiculous gall to follow-up your shameless misquoting of me with this bizarre response...
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:23 pm Huh? Who thinks that? Not Gnostic Christians. Does the following sound like we think creation and reality to be evil? ...
What do you mean “Who thinks that”? Clearly it is whoever “your” man Bill Donahue was referring to in the quote you butchered.

(Hence your cluelessness as to how the quote boxes work, wherein everything within the box itself is supposed to be attributed to the designated author.)

DL, I am trying to be “compassionate” here and I do not mean to insult you in any way, for I believe that you have good intentions. However, I cannot tell if you are purposely trying to be dishonest, or if you just simply do not know how to respond with logic and clarity to those who question your assertions.

Either way it is clear that you are living in a fable-generated “thought bubble” whose inner wall is festooned with tortured visions of reality that have caused you to obsess over the mythological misconceptions handed down to us from ancient minds.

Did you grow up being indoctrinated into Catholicism?

It might just be my imagination, but I have personally noticed that many hardcore atheists, or at least those who are most vitriolic toward Christianity, started out as Catholics.
_______
Sigh. I do not care about atheists and there views here. Stay on topic please.

You wish to straddle Gnostic Christianity with idol worship of a supernatural God.

What name does this God have and in which document does it say we have to follow that God?

I am a Gnostic Christian and have not found that name or where we are told to worship him/her/it.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:49 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:16 pm How do you compassionately tell a supernatural believing person that they are borderline stupid?

You don't full stop. You must never ever do such a thing. You have no proof that another person exists outside of your own consciousness, the ''other'' is your own projection, a kind of transference of energy.

What you must do is remind yourself that this is just a believed thought arising inside your own mind, and that it does not exist anywhere in the real world as it is. It's only exists in your head.

The world is as it is.
Everything is as it is. How or what or when or who or why or where it is, that is imagination... ...real imagination.

You do not see the world AS-IT-IS...you see the world as you ARE...IT's all your own invention.

I agree that we all create our own paradigm. I do not agree with your other view of correction.

That does not negate the fact that belief in a supernatural God has created homophobic and misogynous religions that have done and continue to do a lot of harm to gays and women.

That may be an imaginary harm to you, but not to gays and women.

As to your, --- "You don't full stop."

That indicates to me that you do not care about or love your fellow man.

If you did, you would correct his poor thinking.

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Regards
DL
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Greatest I am wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:41 pm

I think your taking this out of context.

You cannot control the wants and needs or requirements of ''others'' by caring for them. Only they can care for them self.

No one can give another anything they haven't already got.

You can only care for your own self- when everyone is doing the same caring for them self, getting their own house is in order ..where's the problem?

You cannot change the world, you can only change you. And that's a great place to start,it's the only place.

Out -there ...is only a projection of... in -here, aka your ''thoughts''. Be the change you want to see in the world so to speak.

No matter how much one cares for another, unless the other is at peace with itself and loves itself unconditionally without the need for anything outside itself to complete them, they will continue to feel insecure, any caring will be of no use to them...when we're all at peace with ourselves only...all negative energies projected into the world will stop.

If one believes they can get something from outside of them self, because they believe they don't have it, and that someone else can give it to them, they are already in deep trouble when they don't need to be, for they are already perfect.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:04 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:41 pm

I think your taking this out of context.

You cannot control the wants and needs or requirements of ''others'' by caring for them. Only they can care for them self.

No one can give another anything they haven't already got.

You can only care for your own self- when everyone is doing the same caring for them self, getting their own house is in order ..where's the problem?

You cannot change the world, you can only change you. And that's a great place to start,it's the only place.

Out -there ...is only a projection of... in -here, aka your ''thoughts''. Be the change you want to see in the world so to speak.

No matter how much one cares for another, unless the other is at peace with itself and loves itself unconditionally without the need for anything outside itself to complete them, they will continue to feel insecure, any caring will be of no use to them...when we're all at peace with ourselves only...all negative energies projected into the world will stop.

If one believes they can get something from outside of them self, because they believe they don't have it, and that someone else can give it to them, they are already in deep trouble when they don't need to be, for they are already perfect.
You are all over the place.

Do you live by the Golden Rule?

If so, do you like to be corrected if you are thinking poorly about something?

Or would you prefer to be ignored by those who could lead you to the right thinking?

What would or should a teacher do with a poor thinking student.

Regards
DL
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Greatest I am wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:34 pm
You are all over the place.

Do you live by the Golden Rule?

If so, do you like to be corrected if you are thinking poorly about something?

Or would you prefer to be ignored by those who could lead you to the right thinking?

What would or should a teacher do with a poor thinking student.

Regards
DL
Taking advice from others is resonating with your own innate intelligence you have temporally forgotten.

Real intelligence is about listening to your own inner voice, not the voice of another. Listen to others is just the mirror of your own voice reflecting back at you, take what is of value, reject the rest.

We're all just walking each home.