Virgin Birth Myths

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 4128
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: Virgin Birth Myths

Post by Lacewing »

I've written a lot this evening... and there may be some responses to that in the coming days... however, I may not be able to promptly respond further. I've got a bunch of project and meeting requests coming in all at once, so I'm shifting my focus. Thanks for the good discussion!
seeds
Posts: 1016
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:31 pm

Re: Virgin Birth Myths

Post by seeds »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:23 am I've written a lot this evening... and there may be some responses to that in the coming days... however, I may not be able to promptly respond further. I've got a bunch of project and meeting requests coming in all at once, so I'm shifting my focus. Thanks for the good discussion!
Lacewing, your last few posts (“olive branches” to Nick) have been beautifully expressed.

Well done. :)
_______
User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8628
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Virgin Birth Myths

Post by Dontaskme »

Greta wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:02 pm Actually, I completely understand all that you say. However, I prefer not to validate your ungrounded ideas and won't play your game.

Anyone who tries to live their life according to what they believe is ACTUAL reality is in the process of self destruction. That is why our senses evolved that we absorb what we need to survive, not the actual physical reality before us.

Yes, it seems that life is just a dream at the subatomic scale of reality. However, those who choose to embrace this idea to your extent do so as a matter of avoidance masquerading as "wisdom". It's the same copout as those who escape a life of failure in the west to join ashrams.

Life is too hard, too scary, too difficult. So you have found a cop out to protect your ego. It's much easier to dismiss reality as a dream to avoid making an effort and admitting failures. In short, yours is a case of sour grapes; some who cannot emotionally cope with life will tend to find esoteric texts to help them justify or nullify their failures in their own eyes. This is what you appear to be doing, probably due to the usual reason - failed relationships or failed projects that one cannot bear to accept - to simply face your limitations honestly and squarely.

So, just because matter is made from atoms does not mean that it's wise to treat everything like a bunch of atoms rather than the composite entity they comprise. By the same token, just because matter appears to ultimately be informational and thus, not actually material as such, does not mean it can be treated sensibly as nothingness.

How do I know this? I tried doing the same as you thirty years ago, and I knew people in yoga a meditation classes playing the same game.
I choose to talk about Nonduality, I love Nonduality, sometimes I get a bit carried away ...and that's it, ain't nothing going to change with this one here.It's who I am, I have always been this way.

The rest of your post is all about yourself... projected at me, we all do it, project on to others what we can't face about reality.

I love being alive. And I love knowing there is nothing alive, it makes living much more magical to me.

..
Last edited by Dontaskme on Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8628
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Virgin Birth Myths

Post by Dontaskme »

Greta wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:02 pm Actually, I completely understand all that you say. However, I prefer not to validate your ungrounded ideas and won't play your game.

I actually believe, well not believe, but rather know that what I talk about is not ungrounded but the complete opposite.

I've never asked or invited you to play this game ..to me it's not a game, it's reality at it's finest, it's what I choose to talk about, no one is forcing you to like it. or to just suck it up, or even reply to me.

.

The thing is, your going to post what is relevant to you, and I am going to post what is relevant to me...that's it, it is as it is...so be it.
User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8628
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Virgin Birth Myths

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:36 pm
It's no dream but reason and imagination.
Life has no reason to be, it doesn't need a reason, it just is...reason comes from imagination which is a wonderful aspect within the dynamic that is life, imagination is pure dreamscape...the characters in the dream can handle what ever comes their way, nature endures, if it didn't, couldn't, it wouldn't have come this far in it's evolution, the evolution of a thinking co-creating entity, albeit illusory entity...an AI so to speak...nature has made a biological AI ...it does not, and cannot go any further than that..this is it...this is where the buck stops...but who knows, she is full of surprises, we are the last to know, all we can do is watch this space.

Human consciousness may be the last stop cafe, there may be nothing outside of human sentient consciousness, this is as good as it's going to get.

Maybe!

.
User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8628
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Virgin Birth Myths

Post by Dontaskme »

seeds wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:39 am Lacewing, your last few posts (“olive branches” to Nick) have been beautifully expressed.

Well done. :)
_______
Yes, I agree, it's good of Lacewing to see that Nick is just a normal regular person like the rest of us. I for one have never doubted that for a minute. I've never once felt his ideas to be suffocating other peoples ideas... but I only usually read ideas that I actually have an interest in anyway, ...the thing is we only see what we want to see...we see the world as we are not how it actually is...and the sooner we own up to that truth the more relaxed we'll be in our capacity to absorb any new information that has not yet entered into our awareness yet.

LW, likes to see the best in people..which is great, she wishes you well, but forgets that sometimes shitty people exist, and that trying to see best in those people that is just not there ...is a complete waste of time.

.
User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8628
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Virgin Birth Myths

Post by Dontaskme »

Greta wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:02 pm
So, just because matter is made from atoms does not mean that it's wise to treat everything like a bunch of atoms rather than the composite entity they comprise. By the same token, just because matter appears to ultimately be informational and thus, not actually material as such, does not mean it can be treated sensibly as nothingness.

How do I know this? I tried doing the same as you thirty years ago, and I knew people in yoga a meditation classes playing the same game.
People who have the good grace to inquire into the nature of their being and not just blindly believe what they have been born into imposed upon them by their culture do not do what they do for the reasons you have given..those reasons are shallow and limited and of a narrow mind.
Humans project all their own beliefs at others because they believe they too are conscious...truth is there is only consciousness...consciousness looking at itself and knowing itself.

So just so you know..you are wrong, so very wrong...no one is ever a failure, no one is ever in fear of death, and no one is afraid to face the harsh reality that is life...this is all illusory ego talk...the talk of the one who believes in ''weird made-up shit'' that does not exist in the real world.
Just flush all that weird shit down the toilet where it belongs.

People who turn to Nonduality are not doing it to escape the harsh cold light of reality...they are doing the complete opposite, they are facing it head on, square in the face without fear or rejection...what they are doing is seeing through the illusion of other, aka separation, they know this by instinct...they've known it all their lives, they're choosing to go home while they are alive, they know they're true home is always right here now..they choose to die to their ungrounded fears, they choose to die to the lie that is separation, the them verses us mentality, they choose to live in truth freedom and justice, they choose to be really alive and real in every moment... they do not pretend, they do not hide their feelings, they choose freedom over slavery, they choose rational thinking over irrational thinking, they empower themselves, they endure the most painful situations known to humans, they protect their families, children, and grandchildren with every fibre of their being, supporting them selflessly with emotional consistent unconditional love day in -day out -over and over again without ever giving up, or dropping the ball...I could go on and on but I'm sure you get the drift.

Nothingness is not just nothingness, nothingness is everything and everything is nothingness...that's what makes it such an amazing miracle.


The ego is pathetic, it always wants centre stage and the universe gives it unconditionally...it fights for upmanship and will seek to put others down just to make itself look big, it's that insecure about itself, it doesn't see it's just the shadow on the cave wall, and that it's only there because the light is allowing it to be there...it does not see that it's only existence is the shadow...it does not see the light, it cannot or it refuses to look at the light of which is it, until it does.

And when it does see the light, it spends the rest of eternity shining.

Not moping about in fear like you suggested fool.


.
Belinda
Posts: 4073
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:13 am

Re: Virgin Birth Myths

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote:
The ego is pathetic, it always wants centre stage and the universe gives it unconditionally...it fights for upmanship and will seek to put others down just to make itself look big, it's that insecure about itself, it doesn't see it's just the shadow on the cave wall, and that it's only there because the light is allowing it to be there...it does not see that it's only existence is the shadow...it does not see the light, it cannot or it refuses to look at the light of which is it, until it does.

And when it does see the light, it spends the rest of eternity shining.
But if you had no sense of yourself as a self you would die. The insight which you describe is okay but you cannot live like that 24/7
User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8628
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Virgin Birth Myths

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:39 am
But if you had no sense of yourself as a self you would die. The insight which you describe is okay but you cannot live like that 24/7
You are absolutely correct.
The sense of yourself is a naturally occurring, automatic, spontaneous, not forced, functioning intelligence within the body-mind-spirit mechanism that is known as a human being...this is an essential function ..else we die.

But there is another type of ego, the one I am talking about in the last post is the one that actually believes it dies...so it plays this constant game of being in competition with itself in order to succeed in life and be something it's not, ...of course it can choose to do that if it so desires, but it doesn't have to go to the extremes of always trying to prove itself to others in order to be accepted....it can relax, and enjoy the free ride that is life knowing itself...it's got the rest of eternity to experience every possible experience that possibly exists in it's infinite state of potentiality experiencing itself as this ever giving unconditional love expressing to it's offspring, like a mothers milk naturally and spontaneously flowing to feed it's infants hunger and zest for life. The possibilities are endless, watch this space...you are it.

.

So yeah, the ego is pathetic like a broken leg is pathetic...thanks Nick for that golden nugget.

.
User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8628
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Virgin Birth Myths

Post by Dontaskme »

Greta wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:43 pm

It is the very literal misinterpretation of the ancients' metaphorical language, that prevents an effective marriage of the best parts of science and religion. This is exacerbated by a lack or awareness of the culturally specific aspects of religious texts and also of the mistakes the ancients made through lack of knowledge or experience.
Boy, do you talk some absolute garbage at times, heavens above, you make my brain bleed.

No, it does not prevent, it cements the marriage. It's only a perception that makes science and religion different. Science deals with what can be measured, metaphysics deals with that which is doing the measuring, and can that one be measured.

When that is seen through the two meet as one...to see the difference was only a dream where difference doesn't exist.

We are all equal to nothing.

Zero is the greatest leveler.

.

There is nothing literal at all about human language, unless you believe there is..take away the belief and what's left?

No belief, no movie.

From belief to clarity.

.

.

All human knowledge is fiction believed to be real.

.

When that is seen through..life is just one endless ball...a mirror ball.

You've just got to know how to play ball.



.
User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8628
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Virgin Birth Myths

Post by Dontaskme »

Today, I bought myself some Chocolates and some Easter cup-cakes, a present to myself for being a good mother to my inner child....we are not in relationship to the world. We are the world.

I told my children not to buy me mothers day gifts this year, I told them I am not your mother.

Be kind to yourself, or not, log on to the inner net and be kind to yourself.

.
Atla
Posts: 2979
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 am

Re: Virgin Birth Myths

Post by Atla »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:42 pm Today, I bought myself some Chocolates and some Easter cup-cakes, a present to myself for being a good mother to my inner child....we are not in relationship to the world. We are the world.

I told my children not to buy me mothers day gifts this year, I told them I am not your mother.

Be kind to yourself, or not, log on to the inner net and be kind to yourself.

.
Blissful child abuse, contempt for life, fear of death, depersonalization disorder, narcissism.. your Neo-Advaitan perversion of nondualism is a disgrace
uwot
Posts: 5044
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:21 am

Re: Virgin Birth Myths

Post by uwot »

Tell ya what, when two non-dualists disagree, you have to wonder about the basic premise.
User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8628
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Virgin Birth Myths

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:38 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:42 pm Today, I bought myself some Chocolates and some Easter cup-cakes, a present to myself for being a good mother to my inner child....we are not in relationship to the world. We are the world.

I told my children not to buy me mothers day gifts this year, I told them I am not your mother.

Be kind to yourself, or not, log on to the inner net and be kind to yourself.

.
Blissful child abuse, contempt for life, fear of death, depersonalization disorder, narcissism.. your Neo-Advaitan perversion of nondualism is a disgrace
You're right, it's absolutely disgraceful...it's despicable behaviour ...good job it's not real eh..good job I don't have to worry about getting beaten to a pulp...no one knows you're just a dog on the internet...can't touch an empty image can you?


So yes, how disgusting of me to talk like this...

That's why they had Jesus killed.

It's shocking to be the bearer of truth.

.

Please don't faint on you're way out.

.

True love ..loves without condition....how would I know what real love is.. those that love for real will pass the test, they will have my back regardless of what I say or do...it's not like I'm committing a murder here, you stupid twat.

.

You can put me to death now....but try not to over exert yourself while trying...oh wait, it's okay.. you won't have to try anything, I'll save you the bother...I've already died for you.

.
Last edited by Dontaskme on Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8628
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Virgin Birth Myths

Post by Dontaskme »

uwot wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:00 pm Tell ya what, when two non-dualists disagree, you have to wonder about the basic premise.
The problem is you're not allowed to talk about it...it's meant to be really hush hush stuff...else we upset the status quo, else we upset the apple cart.

We're not allowed to tell the truth in this world, we've got to pretend to tell the truth, and live out the rest of eternity telling lies to each other.

.
Post Reply