God is testing us all

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Eodnhoj7

Re: God is testing us all

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:16 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:59 pm
Lacewing wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:53 am
So, you clearly don't know everything. :D
And neither do you :)

So what? Does that stop one from living and exploring in the moment? Why does anything have to be relevant forever?

Living and exploring become repetitive after awhile, everyone starts appearing the same whether they intend for it or not. I, speaking for myself only, have heard so many "life stories" from people, that I actually halt them in conversation and say "hold on I am going to tell you what your situation before you tell me...can I do that without offending you?" They laugh and say "yes". I go ahead and I am usually right 9.5 time out of ten, with the .5 being some trivial detail I missed. They usually laugh nervously and shut up.

The majority of "lifes" explorations break down to:

Different foods that repeat themselves in different ways. For example, the Eastern Slavs have stuffed cabbage, and the Koreans (a completely separate eastern culture have a similar food called kimche, where the Mexicans to the same thing as the Slavs except using cabbage they use corn for burritos.

Their are only so many ways to scramble the same eggs.

And the same applies for women, no offense, deep down most are insecure and if you make them feel secure you get laid. Whether that security stems from money or emotional comfort it is the same. Other's try to pretend to be tough and empowered, because they are scared of the simple truth of being alone...because of the men who treated them cruelly, so they play "beyonce" type songs. Other's try to have as many orgasms as possible to kill the pain they have inside from failed loves?

Men? We compete with eachother because we have no real struggles to give us any definition. Most men are insecure and try to pull off the whole tough guy thing until one applies either the proper physical and intellectual force, and they break down into crying women. To top it all off most are trying to find some value for themselves in society and spend the majority of their lives in a quiet despair. A few get lucky and find a family, only for the family to mistreat them and not value any sacrifices the man made for them. So best case scenario a man get's a wife and kids, treats them well, and no one appreciates any of his sacrifices.

Why? all of this....boredom.

The only constant in the human condition is a feeling of emptiness and being alone, and 30 different types of people process it in thirty different types of ways, all to come to the conclusion it is all vain at the end of the day.

Wittgenstein observed this from a separate angle, where is made the statement of "ask any wise man from any culture and they will all say it is vanity". Now that is not the exact wording, but the message is the same.

Power? It is just banality. Most men who have power master the art of triviality and vanity. Most people believe in a man who is confident because of the image he, or she, projects. What they don't know is what happens behind the scenes, the confident man or women, where staring in the mirror trying to convince themselves they are successful...they do this because they don't know any more than the people that follow them.

What makes confident people in charge is the fact that the people who follow them don't know they do this.

Love? The truth is most lovers do not know what is going on in the other's head while they lie next to them. Men think of one thing, Women another, and both try to project what they think on the other.

Eventually the sex wheres off, they split up because they never really like eachother in the first place

Then you will have the people who will say "Eodnhoj7" you are wrong, I have "this" or "that" and I am happy. They will say this now, tomorrow and for a few more years, and the habit alone will make they believe they are right. But the man who wanted the son...well the son goes in another direction entirely, becomes a drug addict, or completely misunderstands the father's sacrifices entirely and scorns him.

The man who is one top of his career? One day his valuable skillset, which he bases his identity and value on, is replace either by another skill set or a piece of technology.

The women who got the career, she spends her nights alone petting her cat trying to convince herself she does not want to be held. Or the women who found the "loving and caring husband" who is secretly having an affair because he cannot deal with the fact he is dead inside.

You have the young "go getters" who go through life working hard...and they succeed, only to find themselves alone at the top.
Other's spend their lives trying to please family and friends, only to find that their friends are secretly bored with them because they are not ambitious enough...and when struggle comes most find themselves in the same position as the person on top.

Other's spend their life in folly drinking and laughing, believe their is nothing more, only to have it catch up to them later in life and they end up regretting their life decisions and spend the majority of their old age lost in memory over the "good old days" never realizing the "good old days" where simply a means to escape the present.

At the end of this you will say "so what" and continue with your "happy go lucky philosophy"...because considering everything you been through...you have no choice but too...and its admirable...but admirable people are dime a dozen too.

Everyone thinks the grass is greener on the other side, and they envy the other person over it.

Other's say "live in the moment", but they continually have to remind themselves of this by telling others "this is the truth".

Other's go through life with a neutral attitude, and stagnate never knowing what they were or could have been.

You have the poor man who believe he is cursed by God because he cannot provide for his family, however he is better than the rich man because he has a family. The rich and wise struggle with being alone, the poor (because of their condition) feel alone whether they are alone or not.

The rich man says in his heart "I have it all, I need no more" then it is taken from him unexpectedly and he is back to struggling to reclaim it. Or worse, he never finds enough and is a slave to own desire for more. In these respects he struggles more than the poor man.

Then you have people like me to describe everything in detail. Some people will agree with me, pat me on the back and say "You are wise", but the wise man does not take the compliment of a fool for any value. Others will call me a fool due to their own ignorance or out of fear of what I have to say, or they will simply believe I am wrong because of their view of the world. Most won't even both reading this whole post because they are pursuing one of the above problems.

You can "live" and "explore" all you want, but after awhile it becomes the same old same old and eventually it becomes difficult to find anything new. The whole exploration "thing", while exciting for a while (and you are right about this), eventually gets old because their is "nothing new under the sun".

I don't know why you're saying this. It doesn't resonate for me... but you appear to be accusing me of it.
Materialism? It appears that is what you are implying. No offense, and you have the right to call me a misogynist for saying this (and I will take no offense), but most women are strictly and extension of whatever environment they were born into and because of that inherently nurture (right or wrong) whether it is a career or family.

I really enjoy reading your thoughts. You are a brilliant writer of thoughts, and capture the true nature of the human condition perfectly, thanks for sharing this masterpiece here at the PNF

My two penny worth..human relationships are doomed to fail from the word go, while people seek for love and fulfilment in the external world.Real love is to love yourself and be comfortable in your own skin alone. No one can give you love, or love you, you give that to yourself. The whole love industry that tries to sell you love is the biggest lie that ever filtered through to the human mind, and people fall for this crazyness hook line and sinker.

The modern human relationship, whether agape or eros, is doomed to fail because of its lack of proportionality or balance...human love is idolized beyond its place. Add the fact of most relationships today extend through social media, even at the dinner table, and the ability to relate to other people becomes cold and distant as we relate to stone and metal rather than to eachother.

We can even see the hypocrisy of this statement I make as it is strictly through social media....

The best unifier mankind has to bond over is not strength, but rather weakness, mortality acts as a form of self-imposed fate which decides who and what are loves are and are not. It is not that mankind needs mortality, but rather our inability to really love or create anything of value seems to be the manifestation of that very same weakness we seek to avoid.

The simple truth is that the majority of relationships, at their best, are people who choose to bear other's faults and not place the other on a pedestal. Most people cannot bear living with themselves let alone others, hence the continual need for distraction...and we get this distraction from these idols because in forming them within our hearts we give ourselves further distraction. Mankind's ultimate distraction, and failing, is the formation of idol's as multiple little fragmented "purposes" that war with other "purposes".

I don't believe the issue of my generation, millenials specifically but the sin is rooted in the prior generations, can be limited strictly to a problem of self-esteem but rather the inability to escape from the self because we look at the work our our hands and say "I can create...I am like God...who is my equal?"

Technology replaced and is replacing the comradery of work through Agape. Eros is being destroyed because men and women no longer create life, at least intentionally, but rather live in stagnate and sterile relationships. Life in all its glory and futility use to be the universal moral code...now everything is death through distraction. We cannot focus because to focus would be to commit ourselves to live...regardless of whether the end is in victory or defeat.

We are afraid of commitment, as focus, because it would mean to let go of the reality we formed...the reality we believe we understand...because power is the ultimate drug and the greatest power is to say: "I know it all".

And why all of this? Fear...people are full-blown afraid of death because they truly believe it is the ultimate power...the giver of wisdom and even pleasure...the one that gives and simultaneously takes without thought or remorse. And why? Because they look at the world and believe this "vanity" is it...nothing more. The problem, logically speaking, is that if one is to look at the root of "vanity" its meaning, in some degree or another, is dependent upon image. Hence from reason alone we can observe that all images, as merely a mirroring of a source, imply...if not necessitate...some greater reality or truth.

Hence you have people who believe what we can see or here is complete truth...yet contradictory argue with themselves whether their senses deceive them or not...even this they know is vain and it multiplies the sufferings they deeply desire as a form of self-imposed punishment over their inability to choose any form of love.

And what is love? I don't know to be frank...I really have no clue at all how to give or even receive it....I spend my time pondering this question day in and day out considering this thing...whatever it may be...seems to be the source of where philosophy begins and ends. Is it gentle? Or is it brutal? Maybe both? Is it premised on the self-alone, or others? Is it strictly intellectual? Or is it sensual? Is it a choice we exert as our own rulers? Or do we submit to it like a tyrant placed above us?

Who is to know? But considering it seems to manifest itself in all these various manners, at different times and places, maybe it is not anyone of them but all of them? Maybe love is everything because it is strictly a resignation to freedom where we can choose with this resignation not as a form of defeat but rather a statement of "so be it"?

Again these questions in themselves seem to be vain...no matter the myriad ways I word it...or even the number...

So yes, the world is vain, cold and can be understood and seen through by a child...the world is completely transparent for what it is and no wisdom is needed to see the darkness and emptiness of it...there is "nothing new under the sun"

...but that does not mean vanity cannot be redeemed to have some form of meaning or hope to it. Vanity is strictly just a matrix...or "womb" you may call it...from which purpose itself is birthed...but even purpose must look after and care for its own mother.

Mankind's father is reason, it's mother is vanity, but what type of children would we be if we did not give our parent's the due respect they deserve? What type of life would we live if we do not embrace our parents?

Maybe the ultimate truth of philosophy, and this I say not knowing at all what I say, is three words as one assertive question of truth: So be it?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

If people cant be succinct they are typically nobs. ...just from experience of dealing with the waffle land of the religion threads.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Eodnhoj7 ..thanks again, I enjoy reading your posts, you are such a real honest and open presence here.

Love is who we are. We don't give it or receive it except in the dream of separation...which is the misery self, the demanding ego selfish love of me and other self.

In reality we are unconditional love the real self.

True love is without expectation or condition...you know the ''1 Corinthians'' kind of love...this love is agape love ..it is to allow other people to be exactly who and how they are in every moment, it is to have no expectations of other, but to allow them their own freedom to be.
When we allow others to be them self no matter how that self manifests, whether it be positive or negative, we are allowing them to be free, free to be themselves, free to own their own lives without feeling like they have to live up to a life that is not theirs...this is true love, this is real freedom....to always welcome and embrace, never reject all sides of ourselves and others, dark or light..is when we totally free ourselves from the mental prison that is expectation. The mentality that says ..( this is how we do it ) ...is not how we do it at all...and recognising that is freedom. We are always free.

attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

God is testing us all
The night the sage introduced himself to me from the aether, it was confirmed to me that we are judged to be reborn (reincarnated) into the family that we deserve. Ergo, i believe that to be THE test. TEST_A_MEN_T
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:12 am
God is testing us all
The night the sage introduced himself to me from the aether, it was confirmed to me that we are judged to be reborn (reincarnated) into the family that we deserve. Ergo, i believe that to be THE test. TEST_A_MEN_T
What did the sage look like, could you physically see the sage?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:08 pm
attofishpi wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:12 am
God is testing us all
What did the sage look like, could you physically see the sage?
Nope. The old cliche of a crazy chap... 'hearing A voice'.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

I choose not to write the test.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dalek Prime wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:54 pm I choose not to write the test.
Ah, glad you're back Dalek, hanging out with the rest of us nut jobs!
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:11 pm
One nut deserves another, atto. :D Thank you. How was London?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dalek Prime wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:45 pm
I haven't got there yet, not overly certain I will. But yesterday, apart from the sage and all that stuff, was the most amazing day of my life where I met another side of my family - its a very long story and I won't bore you with the details, the previously unknown relative wants me to see him again before i return to oz, so I'm thinking this time I might do a train there then up to London if there is a chance to meet any of the forum members. uwot mentioned he would go a beer with me, how about yourself - are you in the vicinity of London - could be fun to have some lunch and a beer rather than just staring at a bunch of ascii characters from each other!
I can do London from the 13th of March to the 17th. I will post the same in the other thread right now. Who is it that one once said something to the effect of 'I see every day wasted where I do not make another acquaintance' --- I don't know but one day I received a random email that one might have considered 'spam' but this was one of the many words of wisdom that were contained within.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:14 am

I haven't got there yet, not overly certain I will. But yesterday, apart from the sage and all that stuff, was the most amazing day of my life where I met another side of my family - its a very long story and I won't bore you with the details, the previously unknown relative wants me to see him again before i return to oz, so I'm thinking this time I might do a train there then up to London if there is a chance to meet any of the forum members. uwot mentioned he would go a beer with me, how about yourself - are you in the vicinity of London - could be fun to have some lunch and a beer rather than just staring at a bunch of ascii characters from each other!
I can do London from the 13th of March to the 17th. I will post the same in the other thread right now. Who is it that one once said something to the effect of 'I see every day wasted where I do not make another acquaintance' --- I don't know but one day I received a random email that one might have considered 'spam' but this was one of the many words of wisdom that were contained within.
I would totally meet up with you, but alas I'm in Toronto, Canada. If you ever drop by, absolutely.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dalek Prime wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:49 am
attofishpi wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:14 am

I would totally meet up with you, but alas I'm in Toronto, Canada. If you ever drop by, absolutely.
I'm meeting up with a previous primary school friend who is over to the UK next week, I think she is from Toronto these days, so watch out..shit does happen!