Is this proof that priests, preachers and imams are all perpetual liars?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 1706
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Is this proof that priests, preachers and imams are all perpetual liars?

Post by Greatest I am » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:07 pm

Is this proof that priests, preachers and imams are all perpetual liars?

The first thing a priests, preachers or imams will tell you is the intelligent view that supernatural Gods are unknowable, unfathomable, and work in mysterious ways.

The second thing that priests, preachers and imams will do is start to ream off the volumes of information and dogma that they say their religion knows and fathom of the unknowable and unfathomable.

The third thing a priests, preachers or imams will do is put out his hand for your cash.

Is this enough evidence and proof for you to recognize you are being lied to about God by perpetually lying priests, preachers and imams?

Regards
DL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVZBD-5fLSw

bobevenson
Posts: 7349
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: Is this proof that priests, preachers and imams are all perpetual liars?

Post by bobevenson » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:20 pm

I hope you're not putting me in that category.

User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 3866
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Is this proof that priests, preachers and imams are all perpetual liars?

Post by Harbal » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:32 pm

Greatest I am wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:07 pm
Is this enough evidence and proof for you to recognize you are being lied to about God by perpetually lying priests, preachers and imams?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVZBD-5fLSw
So where's the evidence and proof? Besides, the video you linked is telling us not to believe something just because someone tells us it's true, it tells us to question everything. Does it mean question everything apart from what you say? You're as bad as the people you're condemning.

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5186
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: Is this proof that priests, preachers and imams are all perpetual liars?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:40 pm

bobevenson wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:20 pm
I hope you're not putting me in that category.
If the shoe fits, wear it. :lol:

PhilX 🇺🇸

bobevenson
Posts: 7349
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: Is this proof that priests, preachers and imams are all perpetual liars?

Post by bobevenson » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:42 pm

Yeah, that figures, you're only concerned with fit even if it looks like shit!

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5186
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: Is this proof that priests, preachers and imams are all perpetual liars?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:44 pm

bobevenson wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:42 pm
Yeah, that figures, you're only concerned with fit even if it looks like shit!
You must be looking at that mirror again.

PhilX 🇺🇸

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 1706
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Is this proof that priests, preachers and imams are all perpetual liars?

Post by Greatest I am » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:02 am

bobevenson wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:20 pm
I hope you're not putting me in that category.
Are you an idol worshiper or a God seeker?

Regards
DL

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 1706
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Is this proof that priests, preachers and imams are all perpetual liars?

Post by Greatest I am » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:06 am

Harbal wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:32 pm
Greatest I am wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:07 pm
Is this enough evidence and proof for you to recognize you are being lied to about God by perpetually lying priests, preachers and imams?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVZBD-5fLSw
So where's the evidence and proof? Besides, the video you linked is telling us not to believe something just because someone tells us it's true, it tells us to question everything. Does it mean question everything apart from what you say? You're as bad as the people you're condemning.
So you think there is a moral equivalency in people that tell you to think for yourself and those who tell you to think like them do you?

"Does it mean question everything apart from what you say?"

If I wanted it to mean that, I would have written that.

In fact and in particular, you should question everything I say as I love to be corrected and learn something new.

Regards
DL

Dalek Prime
Posts: 4261
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 am

Re: Is this proof that priests, preachers and imams are all perpetual liars?

Post by Dalek Prime » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:58 am

Greatest I am wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:02 am
bobevenson wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:20 pm
I hope you're not putting me in that category.
Are you an idol worshiper or a God seeker?

Regards
DL
Bob's an idle God seeker. Or God. Or barmy. Well, he's sumpin', at any rate.

thedoc
Posts: 6416
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: Is this proof that priests, preachers and imams are all perpetual liars?

Post by thedoc » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:46 am

Lying is to say something that you know is untrue, so by that definition Priests, Preachers, and Imams, mostly are not liars as they actually believe what they are saying.

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 1706
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Is this proof that priests, preachers and imams are all perpetual liars?

Post by Greatest I am » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:57 pm

thedoc wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:46 am
Lying is to say something that you know is untrue, so by that definition Priests, Preachers, and Imams, mostly are not liars as they actually believe what they are saying.
I do not think them that stupid. I have argued with enough of them.

I think they are more like con men.

This view is bolstered by the bible that has Jesus saying that any true believer can do as much as he did and more.

All Christians and Catholic priests and preachers are either lying, or Jesus was. Not that bible Jesus ever lived. He was always an archetypal good man until the church lied and put him in a trinity.

Regards
DL

bobevenson
Posts: 7349
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: Is this proof that priests, preachers and imams are all perpetual liars?

Post by bobevenson » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:20 pm

Greatest I am wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:02 am
bobevenson wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:20 pm
I hope you're not putting me in that category.
Are you an idol worshiper or a God seeker?

Regards
DL
I am Bob the Baptist, the new guru, the modern messiah, the wizard of Ouzo, and a divinely inspired prophet of all things spiritual, political and economic.

Dalek Prime
Posts: 4261
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 am

Re: Is this proof that priests, preachers and imams are all perpetual liars?

Post by Dalek Prime » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:53 pm

bobevenson wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:20 pm
Greatest I am wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:02 am
bobevenson wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:20 pm
I hope you're not putting me in that category.
Are you an idol worshiper or a God seeker?

Regards
DL
I am Bob the Baptist, the new guru, the modern messiah, the wizard of Ouzo, and a divinely inspired prophet of all things spiritual, political and economic.
Told ya.

thedoc
Posts: 6416
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: Is this proof that priests, preachers and imams are all perpetual liars?

Post by thedoc » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:14 pm

bobevenson wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:20 pm
I am Bob the Baptist, the new guru, the modern messiah, the wizard of Ouzo, and a divinely inspired prophet of all things spiritual, political and economic.
In other words he works at a horse farm, mucking out stalls and spreading it arround.

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 1706
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Is this proof that priests, preachers and imams are all perpetual liars?

Post by Greatest I am » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:46 pm

bobevenson wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:20 pm
Greatest I am wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:02 am
bobevenson wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:20 pm
I hope you're not putting me in that category.
Are you an idol worshiper or a God seeker?

Regards
DL
I am Bob the Baptist, the new guru, the modern messiah, the wizard of Ouzo, and a divinely inspired prophet of all things spiritual, political and economic.
IOW, you idolize yourself.

Regards
DL

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests