Religious Indoctrination.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
Dontaskme
Posts: 3868
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Religious Indoctrination.

Post by Dontaskme » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:38 pm

Image

There's no such thing as religion, it's a concept, it's not real.

The real.. is this immediate silent presence / beingness.

Call it nature, or god, or presence, or awareness, or beingness, or consciousness, or anything that takes your fancy, for I AM nothing with the name tag.

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind.

Happy shiny shining days :D :D :D


RIP all the people who have died at the hands of an angry unstable mind.

The mind is a tyrant, use it wisely or lose it. Rule it, don't allow it to rule you.

Yesterday I was wished wellness and peace... today I'm told to fuck off.

Take refuge in Jesus, aka the christ consciousness...the awakened one...aka your real self.

.



.

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8385
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: Religious Indoctrination.

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:30 pm

Seriously?

There is no god without religion.
All we need to do is ignore religion and god will go away too.
We live in a special time in history - for the first time in 2000 years we are almost completely free to do this. Enjoy it whilst you can. Oppression is ready to rise against.

Dontaskme
Posts: 3868
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Religious Indoctrination.

Post by Dontaskme » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:37 pm

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:30 pm
Seriously?

There is no god without religion.
All we need to do is ignore religion and god will go away too.
We live in a special time in history - for the first time in 2000 years we are almost completely free to do this. Enjoy it whilst you can. Oppression is ready to rise against.
Forget the bloody concepts, you are so identified with concepts, this is not about concepts.

What you ARE cannot go away.

You are never not here.

.

I'm talking about the one who is able to have these thoughts.

..not the thoughts them selves.

.

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8385
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: Religious Indoctrination.

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:38 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:37 pm
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:30 pm
Seriously?

There is no god without religion.
All we need to do is ignore religion and god will go away too.
We live in a special time in history - for the first time in 2000 years we are almost completely free to do this. Enjoy it whilst you can. Oppression is ready to rise against.
Forget the bloody concepts, you are so identified with concepts, this is not about concepts.

What you ARE cannot go away.

You are never not here.

.

I'm talking about the one who is able to have these thoughts.

..not the thoughts them selves.

.
How is this relevant?

Dontaskme
Posts: 3868
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Religious Indoctrination.

Post by Dontaskme » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:49 pm

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:38 pm

How is this relevant?
The mind is a seeker of knowledge. Sometimes that knowledge extends to the study of the source of knowledge and the self in which it arises.

This thread is dedicated to the branch of philosophy that is the study of what the Self is.



noun, plural philosophies.
1.
the rational investigation of the truths and principles of being, knowledge, or conduct.
2.
any of the three branches, namely natural philosophy, moral philosophy, and metaphysical philosophy, that are accepted as composing this study.
3.
a particular system of thought based on such study or investigation:
the philosophy of Spinoza.

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8385
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: Religious Indoctrination.

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:43 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:49 pm
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:38 pm

How is this relevant?
The mind is a seeker of knowledge. Sometimes that knowledge extends to the study of the source of knowledge and the self in which it arises.

This thread is dedicated to the branch of philosophy that is the study of what the Self is.



noun, plural philosophies.
1.
the rational investigation of the truths and principles of being, knowledge, or conduct.
2.
any of the three branches, namely natural philosophy, moral philosophy, and metaphysical philosophy, that are accepted as composing this study.
3.
a particular system of thought based on such study or investigation:
the philosophy of Spinoza.
You are not connecting the dots.

Dontaskme
Posts: 3868
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Religious Indoctrination.

Post by Dontaskme » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:45 pm

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:43 pm

You are not connecting the dots.
No,I'm closing the gaps.

.

User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 3866
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Religious Indoctrination.

Post by Harbal » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:51 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:49 pm
The mind is a seeker of knowledge.
The religious mind doesn't want knowledge, it just wants answers. Not just any answers, only comforting answers. Answers that contain as little knowledge as possible.

Dalek Prime
Posts: 4257
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 am

Re: Religious Indoctrination.

Post by Dalek Prime » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:14 am

To paraphrase Al Ma'arri, if I was raised a Christian, I'd be a Christian. If raised a Muslim, I'd be a Muslim....

I'm a cultural Christian, as that is the overarching societal backdrop I was raised in, though not by my parents per se.

osgart
Posts: 459
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:38 am

Re: Religious Indoctrination.

Post by osgart » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:48 am

i thought the religious mind wanted lawn fetes, an plenty of wine and beer.

Dalek Prime
Posts: 4257
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 am

Re: Religious Indoctrination.

Post by Dalek Prime » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:16 am

osgart wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:48 am
i thought the religious mind wanted lawn fetes, an plenty of wine and beer.
Psst.... 'lawn fits'; the speaking in tongues after to much wine and beer, resulting in seizures.... or yeah, a good bake sale.

Dubious
Posts: 1619
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 7:40 am

Re: Religious Indoctrination.

Post by Dubious » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:39 am

Dontaskme wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:38 pm

Take refuge in Jesus, aka the christ consciousness...the awakened one...aka your real self.
We have to invent him first; the real one won't do.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests