God; a good father or a deadbeat dad. Which is the truth?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 1650
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: God; a good father or a deadbeat dad. Which is the truth?

Post by Greatest I am » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:13 pm

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:50 pm
Greatest I am wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:54 pm
Hogwash.

This follows natural law which is what got you here.

If you have a philosophical argument against, then put it.

A denial without apology is just hypocrisy in my book as it tries to kill the apology given to the idea without showing the weapon.
We aren't dealing with nature, we're talking about a hypothetical god who is described as benevolent by the same source you're quoting committed all these terrible things that make him a 'terrible father'; Prove that your moral sense overwrites his.

'In my Book' is a very personal standard, because again, what logically differentiates your standard from his? The burden of proof isn't on me to disprove your morality, it's on you to prove it.
Of course it is personal. I can show that even your morality is above bible God's.

Prove it yourself with an answer to to simple question.

Would you kill, even to the level of genocide if you had the option of curing instead of killing?

Regards
DL

User avatar
Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:09 am

Re: God; a good father or a deadbeat dad. Which is the truth?

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:30 pm

Greatest I am wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:13 pm
Of course it is personal. I can show that even your morality is above bible God's.

Prove it yourself with an answer to to simple question.

Would you kill, even to the level of genocide if you had the option of curing instead of killing?

Regards
DL
It's not about what we would do if we were gods. We're not assuming that. This workaround attempt to apply human projection is still not relevant, unless you have a good logical reason your moral senses overwrite his.

User avatar
Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:09 am

Re: God; a good father or a deadbeat dad. Which is the truth?

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:32 pm

So this is where we're at

>You have moral senses
>God has moral senses
>You say Gods moral senses are incorrect
>God says your moral senses are incorrect

Why should I believe you over him?

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 1650
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: God; a good father or a deadbeat dad. Which is the truth?

Post by Greatest I am » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:44 pm

Answer my last question to you and you will get the answer you seek.

Regards
DL

User avatar
Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:09 am

Re: God; a good father or a deadbeat dad. Which is the truth?

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:53 pm

I implied that I would choose to cure everyone, if I kept my current psychology and mindset as a god.

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 1650
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: God; a good father or a deadbeat dad. Which is the truth?

Post by Greatest I am » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:49 pm

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:53 pm
I implied that I would choose to cure everyone, if I kept my current psychology and mindset as a god.
Then you show a superior morality as compared to Yahweh.

Like Gnostic Christians and Karaite Jews, you show why we put man above Yahweh because of our superior morality.

Regards
DL

User avatar
Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:09 am

Re: God; a good father or a deadbeat dad. Which is the truth?

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:19 pm

Greatest I am wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:49 pm
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:53 pm
I implied that I would choose to cure everyone, if I kept my current psychology and mindset as a god.
Then you show a superior morality as compared to Yahweh.

Like Gnostic Christians and Karaite Jews, you show why we put man above Yahweh because of our superior morality.
Because I think his morality is unjust.... just as he thinks my morality is unjust. I'm not just talking about christian god's morality as it stands to me as an atheist, I'm assuming that if he did exist he would be benevolent, because that's how he is described.

None of that proves any objectivity whatsoever. My and your subjective moral values are much different to that of yahwehs, even regardless of what you take from the euthyphro dilemma.

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 1650
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: God; a good father or a deadbeat dad. Which is the truth?

Post by Greatest I am » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:12 am

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:19 pm
Greatest I am wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:49 pm
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:53 pm
I implied that I would choose to cure everyone, if I kept my current psychology and mindset as a god.
Then you show a superior morality as compared to Yahweh.

Like Gnostic Christians and Karaite Jews, you show why we put man above Yahweh because of our superior morality.
Because I think his morality is unjust.... just as he thinks my morality is unjust. I'm not just talking about christian god's morality as it stands to me as an atheist, I'm assuming that if he did exist he would be benevolent, because that's how he is described.

None of that proves any objectivity whatsoever. My and your subjective moral values are much different to that of yahwehs, even regardless of what you take from the euthyphro dilemma.
:lol: :lol:

A benevolent God of physical warfare instead of intellectual and moral warfare.

I am working on a new O.P.

Can you accept that Man is greater than God?

We can think. God cannot.
We can reproduce true. God cannot.
We can have many children. God cannot.
We place the lives of our wives and families above our own. God does not.
We would cure instead of kill. God kills.
We do not torture babies. God does.
We believe in freedom. God does not.
You can continue to adore a God inferior to you, both intellectually and morally, or become a Gnostic Christian or Karaite Jew like Jesus was. Jesus the Good as the Chrestians used to call him before Christianity reared it’s ugly head by reading their myths literally and embrace their God of War.
Islam would be a better religion today if that had not forced Mohammad to change from a loving God to a God or War so as to fight fire with fire. Thanks Christians for Islam. Pardon the digression.
Jesus shows the way with his advice to seek God by closeting yourself. Are you ready to follow him or will you stick with your lying priests, preachers, Rabbi’s and Imams?
Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbes ... r_embedded

Regards
DL

User avatar
Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:09 am

Re: God; a good father or a deadbeat dad. Which is the truth?

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:36 pm

Those are just things you don't like, it doesn't go to show how your opinions show an objective morality on any philosophical level. Unless you have an argument for that, which I'd like to hear.

You keep bringing up things that we don't do that god does, but my whole point makes these statements null. I don't care if you show that god has the morality of a trillion hitlers, just listing off his actions don't go to show why those actions are objectively wrong vs your own.
You can continue to adore a God inferior to you, both intellectually and morally, or become a Gnostic Christian or Karaite Jew like Jesus was.
I'm an atheist. Fortunately, I do have a pretty strong belief in the laws of thought and logical debate. I'm just ASSUMING that if christian god did exist, he would exist as he is defined by christians. Unless I have arguments to the contrary.

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 2439
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: God; a good father or a deadbeat dad. Which is the truth?

Post by attofishpi » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:47 pm

Greatest I am wrote: God; a good father or a deadbeat dad. Which is the truth?
God? Just some c^nt that suffered more than any being including the human kind - forming logic and our reality from chaos. Suffering a twat like u could not comprehend.

User avatar
Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:09 am

Re: God; a good father or a deadbeat dad. Which is the truth?

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:51 am

attofishpi wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:47 pm
Greatest I am wrote: God; a good father or a deadbeat dad. Which is the truth?
God? Just some c^nt that suffered more than any being including the human kind - forming logic and our reality from chaos. Suffering a twat like u could not comprehend.
Nobody 'formed' logic.

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 2439
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: God; a good father or a deadbeat dad. Which is the truth?

Post by attofishpi » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:44 am

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:51 am
attofishpi wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:47 pm
Greatest I am wrote: God; a good father or a deadbeat dad. Which is the truth?
God? Just some c^nt that suffered more than any being including the human kind - forming logic and our reality from chaos. Suffering a twat like u could not comprehend.
Nobody 'formed' logic.
Granted..probably didn't have much of a body at the time.

Its the old chestnut..without a mind to reason with, is there logic.?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests