Why do we select warrior gods who can only grow their religions by violence, --- instead of persuasion to a better way o

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

HexHammer

Re: Why do we select warrior gods who can only grow their religions by violence, --- instead of persuasion to a better w

Post by HexHammer »

-1- wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:16 pm Hex, did your read the first line of my post, or the last one? Because from your answer it's impossible to tell.

Or maybe you read half a line in-between at random.

Not that I am worried about it. Just pointing out how ineffective your answer was by not having any discernible referencing to the 7 answerables in my post.

No offence meant. Just the straight goods.

"The biggest mistake in communication is that people believe it happened." - G.B.S.
Mary was just a vessel to give birth to Jesus which was according to the bible "son of god", but other religions like muslims says he's a servant of god, whilst hindus says he's a separate god "Vishnu the Preserver", other religious scriptures says he's a separate god that was thrown out of the heavens.

As I said, read the gospel of Judas!
HexHammer

Re: Why do we select warrior gods who can only grow their religions by violence, --- instead of persuasion to a better w

Post by HexHammer »

Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:27 pm IOW, you don't know. Neither do I.
None of the writings other than Judaism make ay sense on this and they have Satan as Gods loyal opposition and that is the only scenario that makes sense.
No in early biblical scriptures gods family was rewritten to angels which would explain the multiple gods with great similarities that sprung from there.
There has been about 5 writers of some of the early stories that rewrote the same stories.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

gaffo wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:20 am
HexHammer wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:31 pm God can't kill another god, because it was rewritten long long ago that gods family became angels,
reference? never heard such nonsense.

HexHammer wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:31 pm try read some of the old religious scriptures from Babylon where jews derived their Thora from, but rewrote much of the stuff.
you think you know more than you actually do.

Jews did not pull their Torah from the Babylonians, but from the earlier Summarians - Genesis only - btw not the rest of the Torah.

HexHammer wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:31 pm Also the Book of Judas will give you some insights.

Gospel of Judas is a christian gnostic work - not judaic and so irrelivent WRT to Judaic theology (since they reject anything/everything it says).
Have you EVER read about god killing another god? If he had the power he would easily kill Lucifer and Satan since they were only angels.

You speak as if the torah are the ONLY true scriptures?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

gaffo wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:12 am
Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:51 pm
gaffo wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:14 am

We wil have to agree to dissgree on proclaimation of mother godess as supreme in pre-history.

we do not have history prior to 7000 yrs ago and so I cannot confirm that Gaia was God for all prior to 5000 BC.

man in our current form (more or less) has been here for 3/4 million yrs and cannot claim what their god/s were back then.

thanks for reply Sir!
You are lying through your teeth so I will not agree to disagree. You are not usually this obtuse buddy.

I gave a link that refutes you soundly but if you want to just keep on lying, go ahead.

That link takes us back to 25,000 years ago and I have a link that shows serpent worship 75,000 years ago. But hey, believe your own garbage in spite of the evidence. That is what theists do so you might as well join them.

Regards
DL
oh wow, thanks for the insults bubba.
Jordan Peterson
In order to be able to think, you have to risk being offensive

I sometimes wish I had my bully side under better control, but in order to be able to try to get non-thinkers to think, you have to risk being offensive and I do not mind taking the heat for being in a religionist's face, especially given the damage religions do with their homophobia and misogyny. I also do not mind being in the face of others who ignore evidence.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

gaffo wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:13 am
Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:51 pm
gaffo wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:14 am

We wil have to agree to dissgree on proclaimation of mother godess as supreme in pre-history.

we do not have history prior to 7000 yrs ago and so I cannot confirm that Gaia was God for all prior to 5000 BC.

man in our current form (more or less) has been here for 3/4 million yrs and cannot claim what their god/s were back then.

thanks for reply Sir!
You are lying through your teeth so I will not agree to disagree. You are not usually this obtuse buddy.

I gave a link that refutes you soundly but if you want to just keep on lying, go ahead.

That link takes us back to 25,000 years ago and I have a link that shows serpent worship 75,000 years ago. But hey, believe your own garbage in spite of the evidence. That is what theists do so you might as well join them.

Regards
DL
you treat your friends as well as you treat fellow internet aquantances - you've known me for over a decade now - as well?

asshole! fuck you too!
You fail to see the motivation. I do unto other and you should to.

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

HexHammer wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:46 am
Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:27 pm IOW, you don't know. Neither do I.
None of the writings other than Judaism make ay sense on this and they have Satan as Gods loyal opposition and that is the only scenario that makes sense.
No in early biblical scriptures gods family was rewritten to angels which would explain the multiple gods with great similarities that sprung from there.
There has been about 5 writers of some of the early stories that rewrote the same stories.
5, and then some.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWOqHHE4upY

Regards
DL
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

HexHammer wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:05 am
Have you EVER read about god killing another god?
no, i have not - welcome referals.

HexHammer wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:05 am You speak as if the torah are the ONLY true scriptures?
I'm an atheist, have read several religious texts. i prefer some more the other. i loath the Torah, but respect the works in the OT by the minor prophets, as well is some of the Koran and NT (synoptics and Jame/Jude - not Saul's works).

there is wisdom and filth in all religious texts (regardless of the religion)- best to choose via conscience which is good in them and reject the tribal filth wherein as well.
Logik

Post by Logik »

gaffo wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:13 am
HexHammer wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:05 am
Have you EVER read about god killing another god?
no, i have not - welcome referals.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deicide#I ... ythologies
-1-

Post by -1- »

Why do we select warrior gods who can only grow their religions by violence, --- instead of persuasion to a better way o

Because of efficiency. Growing religion by violence is more thorough, has a greater penetration rate, and a quicker one, than persuasion.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

-1- wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:16 am Why do we select warrior gods who can only grow their religions by violence, --- instead of persuasion to a better way o

Because of efficiency. Growing religion by violence is more thorough, has a greater penetration rate, and a quicker one, than persuasion.
Are you saying we want powerful Gods regardless of their morals?

This fit's my view that all religions are, are tribal units, and all they care about is continued existence.

If the con dies, so does the religion.

Regards
DL
-1-

Post by -1- »

Greatest I am wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:21 pm
-1- wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:16 am Why do we select warrior gods who can only grow their religions by violence, --- instead of persuasion to a better way o

Regards
DL
I think the issue is more the ease of how to proselytize than any of the tenets of religions. Christianity, for instance, insists on being good to others, and how god loves people, but all the Christian regions of the entire world before 1800s were converted by blood, beatings, and torture, or the threat of them.

Also, human morals don't apply to gods.

Also, god-worship is a form of enforcing tribal cohesion, and a repellent of foreign bodies.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

-1- wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:36 am
Greatest I am wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:21 pm

Regards
DL
I think the issue is more the ease of how to proselytize than any of the tenets of religions. Christianity, for instance, insists on being good to others, and how god loves people, but all the Christian regions of the entire world before 1800s were converted by blood, beatings, and torture, or the threat of them.

Which allows the adoration of a genocidal son murdering p**** of a God.

Handy for Christians that.

Oh course moral apply to Gods. That is why all the religions say their God is good. They are judging his moral sense and missing the mark.

Regards
DL
-1-

Post by -1- »

Greatest I am wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:34 pm
Oh course moral apply to Gods. That is why all the religions say their God is good.
You were absolutely right. For a moment I mixed up gods with corporations and domestic cats.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

-1- wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:30 am
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:34 pm
Oh course moral apply to Gods. That is why all the religions say their God is good.
You were absolutely right. For a moment I mixed up gods with corporations and domestic cats.
Do not think of pussy while writing.

Regards
DL
-1-

Post by -1- »

Greatest I am wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:21 pm
Do not think of pussy while writing.

Regards
DL
Munkacsy, the world-famous nineteenth-century painter, could only compose a grand scene on canvas while standing knee-deep in cold water.

Leo Tolstoy, the incredibly talented Russian author, could only write sections of his novels when smelling a handkerchief soaked in goat urine.

Goethe, the world-famous German writer and poet, could only compose poetry while smelling a rotting apple.

I can only write when...