Since God is omnipresent, why congregate to pray?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Since God is omnipresent, why congregate to pray?

Post by Walker »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:What is congregation supposed to do?

PhilX
Individual folks conduct universal energy. A group of people means more people made conduits of that energy through focus of thoughts and words, thus the prayer and singing to reach a commonality of mind frequency that permits conditions of existence for a synergetic, independent entity. Any individual of sufficient conductivity, made so by elimination of impurities usually through fire, can catalyze the same conditions (as those caused by the c c congregation :wink: ).

The uncorrupted frequency of sufficient strength creates an entity that exists independent of what is mundanely called the physical forms of written word or voice and yet manifests as such, and also as thought-form. The entity is the same in different forms made possible by conditions of continuity caused by energetic frequencies mirrored in nature, moving in natural harmony and utilizing the body and mind of an individual commonly claimed by ego, to participate in the organic unfolding of wu wei.

This is but one reason why Elvis won Grammy Awards for gospel music.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Arising_uk wrote:It's in that bit you call the wrapping paper oh false prophet.
Can't answer the question, huh?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dear oh dear! You are truly doomed for 'hell' aren't you bob.

Still, as a false prophet I can understand why the KJV Bible would be a mystery to you and that you call it wrapping paper. So just for your edification check out Mathew 6:1-13
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Please, Mathew 6:1-13 has nothing to do with praying; did you just grab that reference out of thin air, you deceitful wench?
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Arising_uk wrote: Still, as a false prophet I can understand why the KJV Bible would be a mystery to you and that you call it wrapping paper. So just for your edification check out Mathew 6:1-13
It should be noted that the instructions were to pray "In this Manner" so the Lords prayer is a template for prayer, not a prayer to be recited verbatim each time a person prays. It should also be mentioned that prayer is only a small part of a congregation's worship service.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

The Lonely Ember

A member of a certain church, who previously had been attending services regularly, stopped going.

After a few weeks, the pastor decided to visit him. It was a chilly evening. The pastor found the man at home alone, sitting before a blazing fire.

Guessing the reason for his pastor's visit, the man welcomed him, led him to a big chair near the fireplace and waited. The pastor made himself comfortable but said nothing. In the grave silence, he contemplated the play of the flames around the burning logs.

After some minutes, the pastor took the fire tongs, carefully picked up a brightly burning ember and placed it to one side of the hearth all alone. Then he sat back in his chair, still silent. The host watched all this in quiet fascination.

As the one lone ember's flame diminished, there was a momentary glow and then its fire was no more. Soon it was cold and "dead as a doornail."

Not a word had been spoken since the initial greeting.

Just before the pastor was ready to leave, he picked up the cold, dead ember and placed it back in the middle of the fire. Immediately it began to glow once more with the light and warmth of the burning coals around it.

As the pastor reached the door to leave, his host said, "Thank you so much for your visit and especially for the fiery sermon. I shall be back in church next Sunday."

by Dr. John MacArthur
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

thedoc wrote:It should also be mentioned that prayer is only a small part of a congregation's worship service.
I remember the time I attended a church service in Cincinnati that had a sermon entitled "That Infamous Logo." I don't remember anything about the sermon except the pastor saying "...like the horns in P&G's logo."
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

bobevenson wrote:
thedoc wrote:It should also be mentioned that prayer is only a small part of a congregation's worship service.
I remember the time I attended a church service in Cincinnati that had a sermon entitled "That Infamous Logo." I don't remember anything about the sermon except the pastor saying "...like the horns in P&G's logo."
Only proving that you are extremely narrow minded, if it wasn't about you or something you were concerned with, you didn't hear it.
Noax

Post by Noax »

thedoc wrote:The Lonely Ember
by Dr. John MacArthur
An excellent post and completely appropriate for this thread.

Might I suggest that if there was more apparent truth to the faith held together by this mutual support, the mutual support would not be so necessary. The ember should continue to glow on its own.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Noax wrote:
by Dr. John MacArthur

Might I suggest that if there was more apparent truth to the faith held together by this mutual support, the mutual support would not be so necessary. The ember should continue to glow on its own.
It's a sweet story, but the point can be made just as well by substituting the pastor with Hitler, Stalin or Trump.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:Please, Mathew 6:1-13 has nothing to do with praying; did you just grab that reference out of thin air, you deceitful wench?
Unlike you oh false prophet I've read the KJV Bible front to back and M6:1-13 is about praying and where and what to do. That it's also about charitable works is just some extra information I thought you might need. you're going to hell bobby, you really need to read the bits you think are wrapping paper to save your soul.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Arising_uk wrote:
bobevenson wrote:Please, Mathew 6:1-13 has nothing to do with praying; did you just grab that reference out of thin air, you deceitful wench?
Unlike you oh false prophet I've read the KJV Bible front to back and M6:1-13 is about praying and where and what to do. That it's also about charitable works is just some extra information I thought you might need. you're going to hell bobby, you really need to read the bits you think are wrapping paper to save your soul.
Interesting, Bob claims that the reference is not about prayer, but verse 6 tells us how to pray and verse 5 describes Bob exactly. Bob really needs to read the other books of the Bible to find out what Christianity is all about.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

I apologize for reading the wrong chapter and verses of Mathew, but let me point out why praying and worshiping God is a total crock of shit, and why the first 65 books of the Bible are merely wrapping paper for Revelation, the 66th (mankind adds up to 66 in English gematria simplex, A=1 to Z=26):
"For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled."
-Revelation 17:17, a description of the beast with 7 heads and 10 horns in chapter and verse.
langdune

Post by langdune »

For the sensation they generate as a group doing the same thing at the same time . ?

Anyways

We ( life forms ) and everything and one else IS god or gods doings

Everything and everyone is god . But as God ( the sigularity ) hates living in infinite eternity ( forever) ALONE , he's got us as his play things ( toys ) you and me and everything and one .

God aka life simply " not knows " he's running the show . Much like a child who has dolls that chat back and forth , the child excludes itself from the three to only be aware of the two dolls and not self .
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Noax wrote:
by Dr. John MacArthur

I have a real wood burning fireplace in my house, if you have one or have access to one, try it and let me know the results.

My builder said he was jealous that I had insisted on a real wood burning fireplace rather than settling for a gas fired one, he had installed a gas fired fireplace in his house.