Is transgender something to get upset about?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Philosophy Explorer

Is transgender something to get upset about?

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Especially since it's not mentioned in the Bible.

PhilX
surreptitious57

Re: Is transgender something to get upset about?

Post by surreptitious57 »

No it is not something to get upset about but the reason why that is has got nothing to do with the Bible

henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

If a group of folks insisted 'fire is cold', claiming any one who disagrees is a bigot, would this be cause for alarm? If these 'fire is cold' advocates were supported by culturally and politically powerful people, would this be cause for alarm?

No, you don't have to get upset about trannies (there's always gonna be crazy people in the world) but you may wanna view an increasing acceptance and promotion of trannies as a symptom of rot, and that should alarm you.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

surreptitious57 wrote:
No it is not something to get upset about but the reason why that is has got nothing to do with the Bible

Exactly, so why this thread was started in the Philosophy of Religion forum needs to be clarified by the originator.
Philosophy Explorer

attofishpi wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:

Exactly, so why this thread was started in the Philosophy of Religion forum needs to be clarified by the originator.
My understanding is that theists and those of religious persuasion do get upset.

PhilX
Immanuel Can

Re:

Post by Immanuel Can »

henry quirk wrote:No, you don't have to get upset about trannies (there's always gonna be crazy people in the world) but you may wanna view an increasing acceptance and promotion of trannies as a symptom of rot, and that should alarm you.
Heh. Good ol' Henry. :lol:

Reports of suicide attempts of the mentally ill and of pre-trangendered people are identical, at 41%.

Post-transgender-surgery suicide-attempt rates are 45%.

Black people, who have existed in far larger numbers and have experienced much more egregious discrimination over a much longer period and much more, have the lowest suicide rate of polled ethnicities (Centre for Disease Control). Whites, who have experienced the least discrimination, have the highest suicide-attempt, but it's only just under 5%. So much for the "discrimination is the problem" rubbish.

70-80% of children who at one point experience attraction to transgenderism grow out of it. (Johns Hopkins)

So should we be concerned that mentally-ill and young people are killing themselves, not because of discrimination, but because of probably-temporary confusions? Should we be concerned that the Left wants to "normalize" mentally-unhealthy people killing themselves?

Only if we have any compassion. If not, we can be permissive of that.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
attofishpi wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:

My understanding is that theists and those of religious persuasion do get upset.

PhilX
Thats as rational as saying people in shops steal.

Der - its my understanding that people of non-religious persuasion do get upset - der.

Fuck i want to get angry - im holding back Phil of shit - im really holding back.
Philosophy Explorer

attofishpi wrote:
attofishpi wrote:

PhilX

Der - its my understanding that people of non-religious persuasion do get upset - der.

Fuck i want to get angry - im holding back Phil of shit - im really holding back.
I don't give a damn how angry you get because you're nothing to me. I didn't say people (in general) in shops steal. The fact that you're cursing proves you're not holding back.

So I clarified and I'm done with you.

PhilX
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

attofishpi wrote:

PhilX

I don't give a damn how angry you get because you're nothing to me. I didn't say people (in general) in shops steal. The fact that you're cursing proves you're not holding back.

PhilX
Again - i will say its my understanding that people of non-religious persuasion do get upset

So again - why is this in the Religion Forum???
Philosophy Explorer

attofishpi wrote:
attofishpi wrote:

PhilX
Again - i will say its my understanding that people of non-religious persuasion do get upset

So again - why is this in the Religion Forum???
Use your brains. Because theists and people of religious persuasion are particularly known for getting upset.

PhilX
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:Use your brains.
Do you think i'm so intelligent that i have more than one?
Philosophy Explorer wrote:Because theists and people of religious persuasion are particularly known for getting upset.
As opposed to those of non religious background? Is it only the religious of the fascists, racists, and homophobes that get upset? Is that what you are saying Phil?
Philosophy Explorer

attofishpi wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:Because theists and people of religious persuasion are particularly known for getting upset.
As opposed to those of non religious background? Is it only the religious of the fascists, racists, and homophobes that get upset? Is that what you are saying Phil?
Are you saying that Fascists are religious? :lol:

Was Hitler a god?

PhilX
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

attofishpi wrote:
Are you saying that Fascists are religious?
No - i said "Is it only the religious of the fascists, racists, and homophobes that get upset?"

Did you learn to comprehend English because you certainly didn't comprehend my post.
Philosophy Explorer wrote:Was Hitler a god?
On drugs? You are more irrational than ever.
Philosophy Explorer

attofishpi wrote:
attofishpi wrote: Do you think i'm so intelligent that i have more than one?

No - i said "Is it only the religious of the fascists, racists, and homophobes that get upset?"

Did you learn to comprehend English because you certainly didn't comprehend my post.
Since when are Fascists religious? Which religion do they practice?

PhilX
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

attofishpi wrote:

Since when are Fascists religious? Which religion do they practice?
You are so dumb. Can someone please explain to this simpleton - i need some sleep, i would suggest bringing Italy into the equation - not that this digression has anything to to with the actual argument.